Gradelink Reviews - Page 3

Bang for your buck.

Pros

Great value. Incredible customer service.

Cons

Doesn't have as many features as others. Some tasks have to be completed manually student by student and are thus time consuming; these should be streamlined.

Thank you for your review! Please talk with your support rep about the features you're looking for; with all that Gradelink has to offer, it's quite possible we actually have what you're looking for. If not, we'd love to know what you'd find valuable for us to add. Also, check out gradelink.com/features for an extensive list of things you can do with Gradelink.

Heritage Oak

Excellent customer service both online and calls!

Pros

Ease of sending communications to parents, staff, and students. Improvements are being made all the time and Gradelink staff is always willing to help find solutions to problems.

Cons

Lesson plans are not accessible to old terms that have been closed. Attachments sent in emails are not accessible.

Thank you for your review, Lori, we love hearing from our schools!

Product worth every penny and then some

Pros

Gradelink has many benefits for one's education site. Most notable, is the easy interface. Teachers have varied levels of technology awareness and yet training of us for this product is seamless. The program is set up to offer teachers and centralized platforms for the many tasks of teaching, while not adding more time to prep, information input, etc. Furthermore, when working with Gradelink you receive personal customer service. Many of these platforms do not offer that personalized touch in which they understand your school and it's unique characteristics. Gradelink does, and makes it a point to model your product needs in a personalized manner.

Cons

I do not have a single issue with this software.

We're delighted that you find such value in Gradelink, Eric! The dev team strives to make Gradelink as user-friendly as possible and the support team works tirelessly to take care of our schools, so they appreciate your comments.

I am always needing help and your staff provides it.

Pros

The help team!!!! Hands down. Everyone there is so patient with me. The customer service agent was a great help today as well and quickly answered my questions without having to call or waste time figuring it out.

Cons

I think the financial side has been very challenging. Us using this feature almost defeats what we really needed it for in the first place. If I have to record every single payment, I might as well have parents pay me directly in the office. I will say that having the auto pay plans are effective but we will see as the year progresses. There are other features I'd like to see but can't recall at this time. Engrade had some great features that Gradelink doesn't. If I think of others, I will surely direct them to your team.

The Support Team says thank you, Kacy! Taking care of our schools is a top priority, so we appreciate your compliment. And we're here whenever you need help with the financial tools or anything else. As for features, please let us know what you would find useful. We're always looking for new ways to add even more functionality.

Excellent School Information Management

Overall we have had a great relationship with Gradelink. Their customer service is stellar, returning calls in a timely manner with friendly, knowledgeable technical help whenever we need it.

Pros

When our school first moved our private school to an on-line management system, I think Gradelink was just getting started. Over the 6 or 7 years we have used the service, we have found it to be an excellent tool for not only recording grades, but for communicating within the organization and managing student information and enrollment/re-enrollments. Staff have found it to be pretty intuitive and easy to use. We've never considered moving to any other management system as this one meets our needs well. They have regularly added new features and made others more efficient.

Cons

Anything we have thought needed improvement seems to have been improved!

Your review made our day, Brenda! We look forward to working with you for many years to come.

Gradelink Helps Our Teachers

Our experience with Gradelink has been positive. Despite some initial glitches, the Gradelink team helped us iron them out.

Pros

Gradelink has provided us with an excellent platform for keeping records including attendance, individual student grades, and report cards for students. It, also, gives the ability to email or text parents as a unit instead of individually.

Cons

The original input of data is time-consuming and process-oriented. If customizing a report card or other area, it does take additional time.

We're glad using Gradelink is helping you in so many ways, Ray! And we're here for you whenever you need assistance.

Wonderful Product with Excellent Customer Service

It has been a wonderful tool to help streamline our internal processes.

Pros

User friendly and the training videos. Anything not listed in a video can easily be explained by their helpful customer service reps.

Cons

We are patiently waiting for full integration with Microsoft Teams so assignments and grades can be exported over.

Thank you, NyKisha! We work hard to make things easy, so it's rewarding to know our efforts are paying off.

Customer service, product use

It is an amazing Student Information System led by a team of knowledgeable and friendly professionals!

Pros

Accessibility and user friendly led by a competent group of people.

Cons

I love everything about this system! I have yet to encounter a problem that wasn't solved immediatly.

Thank you so much for your encouraging feedback, Amira! It means a lot to us.

Glad we made the switch!

We have been able to simplify our procedures and systems with Gradelink. Most data is now held in Gradelink--a huge help.

Pros

Gradesheet is like a spreadsheet. Many reports available. Repository for all data (medical, academic). Accessible from anywhere. Exports to xcel.

Cons

Gradesheet - wish assignments only required date due (not date assigned), and that date due would auto populate as current date (or allow this to be customizable by each school). Can't filter demographic info exported to xcel (can only do it by manipulating data after exporting). Lack of customization - would like to customize conduct categories so parents and teacher can view/keep track.

Thank you, Melody, we truly appreciate input from our schools because it helps us better understand their needs. And we're happy you made the switch, too!

A "B grade" for GradeLink!

As a teacher, I appreciate the vast amount of information kept within the software. However, the entire program is not user friendly and, as a result, can be very time consuming. My work with the help center has been nothing but an friendly and helpful.

Pros

This is our 4th year using Gradelink at my school and I am really in the groove of using the product. It is full of information, so many things that we cannot even get to in our usage. Most importantly, the customer service and help center is phenomenal. I have never experienced such competency and kindness in a company.

Cons

This software is so full of information and buttons, that it is not always intuitive. Many teachers at my school complain about the complexity of doing what should be the easiest tasks. I have found that much of my work, especially when entering comments, does not get saved. It is also limiting in how report cards can be formatted, which we know not to be the case with other software.

Thank you for the compliments about our service, Beth! We're sorry to hear that you and some of your fellow teachers have had some frustrations. Because Gradelink has so many capabilities, it can be a bit complicated. We want everyone at your school to be as comfortable as possible with using Gradelink. If additional teacher training would be helpful, which is included at no additional charge, please schedule a time with your service rep and we¿ll be glad help.

Overall Gradelink works well with us and our families.

Pros

Mostly it is easy to work with and if we need support I know we are able to get it.

Cons

Starting the students in active from when they were inactive.

Thank you for your review, Anna-Maria. We're thrilled that you're happy with Gradelink!

Gradebook/lesson planning software

Pros

I like the flexibility of the integrated lesson plans. Taking attendance is really easy, and entering grades is simple as well.

Cons

I wish the lesson plans allowed you to add assignments that would populate the gradebook. I wish that when you edit a class in the lesson plans, it would open in the existing window, rather than open an editing window at the top. It's annoying to scroll up and down. I wish that when you saved a lesson plan, it didn't refresh the page to the top of the screen again. I also wish it would allow me to import last year's lesson plans into this year's plans right at the start of the year, so I didn't have to retype them all every year.

Your feedback is important to us, Emily. The good news is some of the features on your wishlist are already available! And here's more good news: Help is a click away. Just click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen in Gradelink. If you still need assistance, we're here for you; there's no charge for training or support.

Gradelink is worth it!

Pros

I feel Gradelink is very user friendly. I am not a wiz with technology and I CAN DO Gradelink. It saves lots and lots of time as a teacher. It can do so many things that I don't even know everything yet and I've used it for years.

Cons

The only problem I have had is that occasionally my communication will not send anything through my emails. I would write a big letter to parents, and email it. Then I get back emails from parents saying nothing was sent...just a blank email. This has happened to me a number of times and it just fixes itself...... I just don't like losing my long letter to parents.

We're glad that, for the most part, you enjoy using Gradelink, Joni! However, we're sorry to hear you've had some problems with emails. Please contact your service rep and we'll work out a solution. To learn more about what you can do with Gradelink, please click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen when you're logged in for all kinds of helpful information.

Gradelink serves us well!

Gradelink allows us to communicate grades, attendance, and comments with parents daily and to report through emailed quarter reports. Teacher work is streamlined and parents appreciate the information they can have at a moment's notice on their device or on the Gradelink parent app.

Pros

We've tried three educational management systems in the past ten years and Gradelink is by far the best. The system is intuitive and setup takes little time. Our account service person helped us every step of the way. We've been happy with the ability to adapt templates to our needs and with the positive teacher and parent feedback. The Gradelink communication system allows us to send emails, texts, and voice notices to staff, parents, or classes. Teacher newsletters are easy and complete.

Cons

There really hasn't been anything we couldn't manage.

Wow, it means a lot to us that you prefer Gradelink over the other systems you've used in the past, Mary Kay!

Great Customer Service

It has been great! we enjoy what Gradelink offers. It was a very easy transition and parents enjoy the system as well.

Pros

I like the amount of different options we have. We are able to choose different options as to what works for our school.

Cons

I do not like that teachers are not able to see previous quarters such as their grades. If they conclude, it disappears and they can't look back.

Good news, Matthew! Teachers can view past quarters simply by clicking on the clock icon at the top of the screen in the "Students" tab. They can even edit grades from past quarters if the setting is enabled by your Gradelink administrator. If you have any questions about this, your support rep will be glad to help.

Pros and Cons of gradelink- Northwest Christian School

We like the program, a lot

Pros

I like that it is easy to use. i like that families do not have to complete new paperwork every year. i like that we can reach the whole school community through emails at one time. I love that we can post report cards and grades online and that report cards are generated by just adding grades.

Cons

I would like to be able to change the format of the report card as I would like it. I would also like the parent feature to consist of being able to see all tests grades in one place, all quizzes in one place, all hw grades in one place, etc.

We appreciate your input, Abbie, and we're thrilled that you like Gradelink so much! There are some changes that can be made to your school's report cards by your administrator, however, other changes must be done on our end. If you need assistance, we're always happy to help.

Gradelink User

Overall I have enjoyed it, especially once I learned to use it properly!

Pros

I like the set up of the daily and weekly lesson planner. Now that I have gotten used to it, it has become a daily routine and would be much less organized without it.

Cons

I struggle with the lagging of some pages and how quickly I am automatically signed out. The "teacher pages" are a great idea but need to be updated on ease of use and the attraction to the eye. I do wish I could transfer lesson plans from the past easier.

Good to hear Gradelink is helping you stay organized, Aaron! The amount of time it takes for a page to load will vary depending on internet speed, the computer you are using and other factors. The time it takes to be logged out is set by your school's administrator, so they can easily adjust that for you.

Gradelink: a positive addition to our school office

Gradelink has greatly improved our record keeping in the school office.

Pros

Gradelink has positively changed the way we do our attendance tracking, report card/grading and billing. Everything need to keep track of for our school is in one program. Gradelink is easy to use and training new staff is a breeze.

Cons

The only con is the narrative section for report cards. Our teachers write lengthy student comments and the design of the standard report card template is difficult to read.

Thank you for sharing so many ways your school is using Gradelink to work more efficiently, Debra!

We love Gradelink

Parents are able to easily keep up with student grades, disciplines, and classroom/school news.

Pros

Gradelink is easy to understand. Teachers are able to record grades, email all parents at once or just one, record discipline issues, write lesson plans, leave classroom news, and keep track of attendance all in one place. Administration can easily keep track of grades, attendance, discipline, and much more.

Cons

There are a few reports that I'd like to have that are not available right now, such as student roster sorted by period or teacher. Every once in a while, we encounter a glitch. However, overall we enjoy this website!

It's wonderful to know that you're getting so much use out of Gradelink, Rebecca! Please talk with your support rep about the reports you're looking for. If they aren't already available, it helps us to know what our schools need.

Long Time Gradelink User

There have been several questions that have come up this school year. We appreciate the excellent and quick customer service we have received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

We have been using Gradelink for 6-8 years. I appreciate that Gradelink is always trying to add new features such as, now being able to sync with Google Classroom. This is such a time saver for our teachers!

Cons

The number and type of fields in EnrollMe do not totally match up with those in Gradelink making it difficult to read at times. An example is that when families enter multiple phone numbers in EnrollMe (i.e., primary, cell, work), they import on Gradelink as one long field of which you cannot see it all at once.

We're glad you're enjoying the Google Classroom sync, Tracie! It's been very popular, as you can imagine. And thank you for your feedback on EnrollMe. It helps with our continual product development.

Gradelink is graded

The grading module worked very well for me staff and for me. Setting up assignments and entering grades, in addition to getting grades out to parents was smooth and efficient.

Pros

Assignments and grades were very easy to set up and enter. Gradelink sent notifications to students whosev parents needed notifications. Grades were easy for parents to access.

Cons

The only real problem is that the calendar couldn't be downloaded.

Thank you, Heather! Sounds like your school community is getting a lot out of using Gradelink.

I have used gradelink as a teacher and as administrator.

It provides faculty with an efficient and digital means for recording grades, assignments, and lesson plans. It provides a means for parents to always be aware of the academic progress of their student. It provides administration a means for managing the classrooms of our school.

Pros

Gradelink has many features, and they continue to improve it. It is customizable. The best thing I like about Gradelink is their customer support. They have responded to me in expedient fashion. They have even made a design change or two for me.

Cons

I am not in love with the report card feature. We have elementary and secondary students which use different formats. I wish they had the ability to show cumulative GPA for high school report cards. They only provide annual GPA.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! If you haven't already done so, please contact your service representative to see how we can help you get what you need out of your report cards.

I appreciate Gradelink's prompt support and easy report generating

Record keeping and sharing has been much improved by using Gradelink.

Pros

The communication smart send tool is impactful; we also appreciate Gradelink's ability to generate accurate, easy-to-read transcripts and other records.

Cons

Integration in the office for record-keeping has been easy and a huge help. Teachers seem frustrated by the difficulty of adding standards to their assignments, and wonder if Gradelink could have been more helpful adding those. Integration of the program has been seamless in the upper grades, but more difficult in the elementary as the grading standards and report card are quite a bit different.

We love that you're getting so much value out of Gradelink, Lynn! We're happy to help any way we can, so please talk with your support rep about the challenges you've had. As always, there's no charge for training and support.

Greatest Classroom helper

Gradelink has made keeping parents involved with their students educations so easy. Teacher enter curriculum in the lesson plans, assignments are listed in the Gradebook. Students and teachers are able to find information about students work all in one place. Great form of communication between parents, students and teacher. School page let everyone know what is going on at the school in one easy to find place. Staff are ready to help and take your recommendations to heart. Would not want to do my job without it.

Pros

Every tool a teacher needs from lesson plans to gradebook to email, and teacher pages are in one place. Easy to work with staff. Eager to take your thought and make them a reality.

Cons

Not enough parents take the time to check what is on Gradelink.

William, thank you for your glowing review! Do your students' parents know about the Gradelink Student/Parent app? It's available for free on the App Store and Google Play. It's a great way for them to keep up to date with assignments, grades, news and more.

We love Gradelink!

We use Gradelink to record student data (attendance, grades, medical, etc.) and to generate report cards and transcripts. Staff also use it to communicate with students, parents, and staff. Our teachers love it because it is easy to use and they can tailor it to their grading systems. The administration loves it because it creates quick, accurate schedules, report cards and transcripts.

Pros

User friendly, does exactly what we need, customer service is responsive and quick.

Cons

Would like some more customizable reports. You can do A LOT in the system and by exporting the data and creating your own, but it would be nice to be able to set up on your own within the system.

We love that you love Gradelink, Rachel! It's rewarding to know that your school is getting so much out of it.