Gradelink Reviews - Page 4

Gradelink

I have enjoyed my experience. Our staff use this program daily! It helps everything stay organized. It has been very user friendly. The new staff are able to become familiarized with the program quickly!

Pros

I enjoy the lesson plan option and the ease with which we can print report cards.

Cons

We frequently run into odd errors that change grades on transripts etc. I called multiple times this year. It does seem accurate now, but it was frustrating how it wasn't accurate when I needed the transcripts. I also wish we could edit the medical to add allergies that develop during the school year. Once the parent submits the enrollment information, we are not able to edit allergies.

Great to hear that the support team was able to get things ironed out for you, Rachel! You should be able to edit allergy information after students are enrolled, so please contact your support rep and they'll be happy to help you with that.

User friendly SIS

Pros

Gradelink is the easiest SIS to use. If you ever have any trouble, the customer support is top notch!

Cons

Nothing! Gradelink keeps adding features to make their SIS have more functionality.

Our development team works hard to make Gradelink user-friendly, so we're delighted that you find it so easy to use, Meghan!

Easy transition

Pros

Software is easy to navigate and switch to. Help section is actually helpful. I almost never have to call or chat with anyone at Gradelink.

Cons

No way to print a paper copy of contract, except by screen shots.

It's good know the help section works so well for you, Rob! As for printing contracts, please talk with your support rep and they'll be glad to assist you.

It is awesome and I love being able to check my grades daily.

I get to check my grades and chat with people. I love being able to keep up with my grades daily and see how I am doing in school. I didn't answer my Industry or my Company Size because I am a student and I don't own a company.

Pros

I like how I get to see all of my grades for all of the subjects. It is so awesome to be able to do it, before I get the report card, so that I can bump up my grades if I have to. The customer service rocks and I love getting to chat with the people here. I love school!!!!!!

Cons

I don't really know if there is anything I don't like about this software. I don't like it when I forget my password or username or something. I maybe wish that I could chat with other students or maybe my classmates on here, but everything is so great. It was like pulling teeth trying to figure out bad things about this software.

Thank you, Alana! We enjoy hearing from students and we're glad you love school and work hard to keep your grades up. Do you know about the Student/Parent mobile app? You can download it for free: gradelink.com/student-parent-app.

Gradelink is an asset to our school program and the tech support is great!!!

It is an easy way to track attendance and grades. The teachers are able to plan lessons on this software. The office and staff have access to demographic data as needed.

Pros

The ease of getting help with problems is one of the best features of the program. The program is easy for teachers to learn.

Cons

The program does not have a feature to log in and deal with Service Hours for parents. This is an essential area for our parents to be able to check on their hours without an individual parent needing to maintain a spreadsheet and send out emails one by one with parent data.

It's great that San Garbriel Mission Elementary is getting so much out of Gradelink, Sister Sharon! But we're sorry to hear you're not getting what you want out of Service Hours. Please contact your service representative and we'll be happy to help you. If you haven't heard, volunteers can now enter and track service hours with the free Student/Parent Mobile App.

Our school has been using this software for about 2 years and I am learning everyday .

As Admissions Coordinator it has really helped the process for online enrollment and management of less paper. Our school is slowly transitioning our system and process completly to Gradelink.

Pros

What I like most is all that it has to offer, such as report cards, email communication and data management reports into exel or pdf. I like that the software is being updated and changed as new aspects become available and that there is a learning site to resource on how to use to our best advantage.

Cons

For now, I do wish the prospects portion of the software was a little more refined. It does store information that as a school we do use and resource however I do wish somehow those could be status switched to new enrollment if they chose to enroll. Seems like a lot of duplicating of information.

It sounds like you're really getting a lot out of Gradelink, Cindy! Please contact your service representative to see how we can help you with moving prospects into enrollment. If there's not an easy solution, it may be something we can include in a future update.

SIS that meets your needs!

The customer service that Gradelink provides is out of this world! From the SIS support to website support, the employees are super friendly and willing to help. I also love that Gradelink has their own help desk where you can find answers and train yourself in implementation and day to day management.

Pros

The program is very user-friendly. The location of information makes sense and was easy for our teachers to implement. It is also easily customizable to the needs and wants of your school.

Cons

Every thing that we have not liked, we have asked Gradelink to improve and they have.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Gradelink, Rachel!

I believe an upgrade is due this program! Additional program for lunches,misc,etc

I've learned about writing in a ledger but by far the system I've been with needs too flourish, update with lunches program, Sports, misc fundraisers, etc. Mostly the main income such as Tuition, Registration, Mandatory Fundraisers. Include the ability too spreadsheet the different incoming receivables.Why go into a totally different program when it could be all in one?If every user has a specific work associated too the day, wouldn't it be easier for the main subscriber too view the daily tally?

Pros

I like the ideal ability to input the funds received to the categories. Printing a balance sheet! Ability too print for the parent payments and balances due.

Cons

Not have the specific categories such as lunches, misc.fundraisers,etc. separately printable.

We appreciate your feedback, Diane! Input from our schools is vital to our ongoing product development. Please call or email your support rep to discuss your needs in further detail.

Customer Service was on point

When I called customer service frazzled, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was calm and responded quickly to resolve my concerns.

Pros

As I was working on transcripts for my high school students, the online tutorials provided information for me to enter information from a previous information system.

Cons

When I resolved one problem the Midterm and final exam gpas appear to not have been averaged correctly in their respective column.

Thank you, Laura, we're glad to help anytime you need us!

Gradelink use in lower elementary school

A little bit of a learning curve at the beginning, but once I got the hang of it, it's very user friendly. The instructional how-to videos are helpful.

Pros

My favorite feature is the grade book aspect. Once I have things set up for the year, I can easily enter and (or delete) grades for assignments. I also appreciate how easy it is to link the lesson plans to the grade book.

Cons

I wish there was "Parent's View" feature with the gradebook so that I could see how they are viewing their student's information. I wish there was a choice on whether the program would average the grades as we go along or not. I don't like that the un-entered grades on assignments that are already in the gradebook are part of the average.

Thank you for your feedback, Jen! We appreciate it because input from our customers helps us better understand their needs.

Gradelink: Teacher Gradebook

We have been using Gradelink for 4 years and are very pleased with the Teacher/Admin/Student interface and the prompt, courteous customer service. After the initial set up, Gradelink staff continued to work with use to ensure our report cards and transcripts presented the student information the way we desired it to. The staff at Gradelink is continuously looking for ways to improve their product and listens to what we, the customer, desires, i.e. parent/student app, text message blasts, separate student/parent logins, etc.

Pros

As a teacher I appreciate the ability to see my students quarterly average instantaneously. I also appreciate that I am able to see the weight each assignment carries toward the overall grade. Add/editing assignments is very easy.

Cons

As a teacher, this software meets all my needs.

It's rewarding to see that New Life is utilizing so many of the features built into Gradelink, Jenny! Thank you for the encouraging feedback.

My Experience with Gradelink

My overall experience with Gradelink has been stress free and positive. My latest encounter with Gradelink was with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and he went above and beyond to help me. He never left me waiting and was very prompt.

Pros

I work on the middle/high school campus and the fact that I can easily go back years and pull up transcripts and report cards for previous students is very helpful. Another thing is it calculates all attendance, GPA's and credits with no human error. :)

Cons

I have never had any real problems with Gradelink. It is only when I need to figure out terms, classes etc.. Once I figure it out it makes sense and it's always an easy fix.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, Kimberly! It's been a pleasure to work with you.

The more I use Gradelink, the more I like about the program. The updates are great!

We have enjoyed being able to enter data from any web browser. I also like being able to look up information on the go from my mobile devices.

Pros

I love the simplicity of the program, the video tutorials, and the customer service. There have been many times we were relatively sure we understood how to enter data or fix an error, but we called to make sure. The customer service reps are always helpful and easy to understand.

Cons

I wish the lesson plan module had a little more flexibility to carry over plans from year to year. If they carried over (without copying and pasting from folders) I would totally use every part of Gradelink as a teacher and a site admin.

It's rewarding to us that you're getting so much out of Gradelink, Aimee! And thank for your feedback on Lesson Plans. We're always looking for ways to make improvements, so we appreciate it.

It keeps improving!

We solved students being put into the wrong classes.

Pros

It is easy to set up and contains a lot of useful information. I can communicate with parents, easily add grades, add comments when needed, and use points which is immediately translated to percentages. I have learned a lot through the years and call when I encounter a problem. I have met with representatives at times, and they were very helpful because they incorporated my input. I used another program at a different school and this one is so much better.

Cons

I didn't watch the tutorial, and can't seem to use the lesson planning function effectively. It would be great if the Google Doc's grades could be transferred seamlessly into Gradelink.

Thank you for sharing how well Gradelink is working for you, Sister Louise! To help you get the most out of lesson plans and other features, there is a wealth of tutorials available by clicking on the question mark icon at the top of the screen when you're logged in. And as you know, we're always happy to help via phone and email. As for Google Classroom, we are currently working on integration, so stay tuned.

Gradelink Support

I called support and spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who did an excellent job of helping correct a problem I was having setting up a Term and copying classes. He saved me tons of time.

Pros

Gradelink is a comprehensive program and that is why support is so very important. That is what I like most about Gradelink, its support.

Cons

Gradelink might benefit from a few extras to make it even better such as adding transcript options for grammar schools k-12 that allow for 2 page transcripts to show grades through all the grades. Or changing a teacher for a given grade or set of classes that would automatically replace all the classes the old teacher had with the new one automatically...

Thank you for the feedback, Bertram! We appreciate ideas from our schools because it helps us with future product development.

Gradelink is the "gradest" resource for school!

Superior performance, compared to other grade resource and school tracking software I have utilized previously. I would never switch back at this point, even if multiple perks or discounts were offered for trial to consider. Gradelink SIS is the "gradest"!

Pros

Where do I begin? Tracking student records and achievements. Recording attendance. Compiling family information in one conveniently accessible location. Transcript issuance. I really like that beginning in Fall 2021 it appears my school will begin to do student contracts through Gradelink SIS (which I used at a previous school). You talk about a time and paper saver!

Cons

The only con I can truly think about is the monthly maintenance cost, but for the massive amount of service and ease of student/family tracking, I completely get it. And the cost is not that out-of-range; I am reaching for a negative comment here.

Wow, thank you for such a glowing review, David! And thank you for sharing so many ways your school is benefitting from using Gradelink.

Excellent Support with Issues that arise.

Pros

I like the ease of use with student management. I also like the support that I receive when I have an issue. The support is topnotch!! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has helped me on several occasions and is very knowledgeable about the product and very professional.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is not being able to pull just the current year EnrollMe information in a report. The report pulls ALL information in EnrollMe (from the first year we used it which is about 4 years of data) and the report is cumbersome. I can get what I need, but it takes several extra steps to get it to a more manageable size.

Thank you for letting us know what you like and what you'd like to see, Rachel! It helps us understand how to better serve our schools.

I have been using this software for about 3 years now and have found it to be relatively easy to learn! Makes my life easier when creating charts and rosters.

Pros

Gradelink makes it super easy to sort all of our kids and keep track of day to day information.

Cons

I think a few features are missing such as being able to create a contract for a student who has not re enrolled in the school year. I also cannot see what families put as a response for worship. It would be nice to be able to make a spreadsheet of responses for worship due to some charts we have to do as a private school. We have to mark down who is catholic and who is not.

It's rewarding to know that you're using Gradelink to make your life easier, Brooke! We also value your feedback because it's an important part of our product development.

Great Resource for Teachers

Overall, the pros of Gradelink outweigh the cons. I think the issue with Google Classroom will eventually be resolved as it is a newer aspect of Gradelink.

Pros

I really love that this software has everything a teacher needs all in one place. They have grading, lesson plans, parent communication, and attendance all in one place.

Cons

The one issue I have with Gradelink is their link with Google Classroom. When trying to transfer grades from Google Classroom to Gradelink, all the grades get put into one category and you have to manually fix it each time you sync the two.

Good news, Stephanie! Google Classroom grades can be synced automatically. Go to bit.ly/2MA3k7f for step-by-step instructions. If you need any assistance with it, please contact your friendly support rep and they'll be glad to help.

Gradelink review

Overall gradelink is a great tool for any school to use. It helps keep all a child’s information in one place and helps keep the school organized and running. It’s made life as a teacher a lot easier to communicate with families of students in my class.

Pros

I really like using gradelink for my classroom. It helps my supervisors, students, and parents all have access to the same system of information. I am able to put in my students grades, attendance, discipline, etc. all in the same software where we can go back and look at a later date if needed. It helps the parents of my students keep track of how their child is doing in school without them having to email me through out the semester.

Cons

I don’t like that I am unable to send certain messages/ pictures to numerous people and families at once. Everything has to be done one person at a time which just takes up extra time.

It's great to hear that you're getting so much out of Gradelink, Jennifer! For help sending emails to multiple people, please login to your account and click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen or get in touch with your support rep. We're always happy to help.

Best Customer Service is Gradelink's greatest asset

As an admin/ registrar some of my tasks are infrequently performed; that plus the unique situations of our students' needs make tweaks necessary. The service techs are exact, courteous and always encouraging, in spite of errors on our end. Best tech support system I've encountered in the past 8 years!

Pros

Variety of features available for completing the many tasks necessary in an academic setting. The constant updates of new ones are very encouraging.

Cons

It would be much more convenient taking attendance if classes could be grouped by their time periods as they can be under the classes tab.

Wow, that's great encouragement, Sharon! We promise to keep doing our best. As for taking attendance the way you mentioned, if you haven't done so yet, please contact support to see what we can do to help.

Gradelink is a teacher's bestfriend

Before i discovered gradelink, i used to struggle with my tasks as a teacher and administrator at the same time, managing your students online is no easy task, but with gradelink, every task that used to take me days to finish, i can now get done with simple clicks. I can easily keep in touch with parents and report to them. Overall Gradelink makes my life easier as a teacher.

Pros

I like how it helps me keep in touch with parents about their children's progress, behaviour, ect... I like how it saves time automatically doing tasks that teachers like me normally take forever to complete manually. I like how friendly and reliable the costumer service is. It makes it easier for me to manage my online students informations and details.

Cons

I don't like the fact that i cannot send multiple files at once. It can be a little pricey for low-fund teachers.

Thank you for sharing some of the ways you're using Gradelink to get more done in less time, Abdelkadir!

We LOVE Gradelink!

Gradelink has solved so many issues of organization, communication, and data tracking and analysis for our school community. It has been a wonderful partnership!

Pros

This software is so user friendly. Parents and teachers love the ease of use and multiple functionality of the program. As a school, we love the Enroll Me feature. This has saved us countless hours of data entry and streamlined our registration process.

Cons

Every issue that has come up has been addressed quickly by the gradelink staff. The customer service is excellent!

Thank you for sharing some of the ways you are using Gradelink to work smarter at St. John's, Nancy. We look forward to working with you for years to come!

Missing

It has been excellent, the staff addresses issues immediately and do follow up contacts to make sure that everything is working good.

Pros

I was getting ready to print out the quarterly report cards and was unable to include the 1st quarter, it didn’t exist. I emailed Gradelink and explained my issue, in late December, knowing that many companies are limited on work due to the virus and the holidays. On [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I received a message that it was all fixed. This is not late but excellent work by Gradelink, I am very impressed with the outstanding explanation of the issue.

Cons

Limited user control of editing the report card

Glad to be of service, Mark!

Parent's Dream

This is our second year to use this software (2016). When my daughter started her school in the 5th grade we used it mainly for checking her grades. This year we have used it on multiple levels. I love how we know, not only her grades, but also her upcoming assignments. We can also see any papers that are attached to the assignment. Just recently the school started using the home page for the school newsletter and each of the teachers set up a teacher announcement page. Staying in the loop has made the transition to middle school a lot easier for this mom. We can also keep an eye on our daughter's lunch tab using this program.

Pros

The ease of use and the amount of information that is available to us as parents.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of that is bad - we had a couple of glitches with grades, but that was fixed quickly.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how Gradelink is working for you as a parent, Donna! If you haven't already done so, we recommend you try our free Student/Parent app, which is available on the App Store and Google Play. It's another great way to keep on top of things.