Gurucan Reviews - Page 4

JG

John G.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

An Affordable Alternative For Course Creation

Overall, everything has gone smooth and easy to work through. I've seen some reviews where people thought the setup was confusing, but I had no issues. There is onboarding and a Facebook support group to help along the way. Overall, I'm happy.

Pros

Gurucan is full of great features. It has everything you would expect with a course creation product, but one thing that really stands out is the white label app. In this world where everything is mobile and on the go, this is a great feature. Add all the marketing tools and the answer is clear, Gurucan is a great choice.

Cons

I'm still working through my course, but I have yet to come across any major issues that have set me back. The team has been responsive with any small bug fixes.

SK

Silvan K.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1-10 employees

New star in the sky

Great product, great dedicated team.

Pros

The support and the quick implementation of new feature ideas.

Cons

It is a young product and therefore certainly still has some potential for improvement. For me personally, the weakest point is that the translations are not yet ideal for the German language.

AL

Alberto L.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Piattaforma completa e semplice da usare per creare e vendere corsi

Pros

Gurucan permette di creare in maniera davvero immediata corsi con lezioni, quiz, webinar, articoli e tanto altro. Permette di vendere i corsi e il corso può essere seguito dagli utenti tramite app!

Cons

Mancano ancora alcune piccole funzioni (ma non fondamentali nella creazione dei corsi) e il layout dei corsi potrebbe essere più chiaro.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

SW

Steve W.

Education Management, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Guracan for Music Education

Gurucan is the easiest of the platforms that I've used, and the ability to use a mobile app is excellent.

Pros

I'm a piano teacher. During COVID lockdown we were all forced to move to teaching online. Whilst COVID has been a disaster for so many, it has shown us the potential for teaching online. I had already invested in another online teaching solution, but it has proven too expensive for me, too hard to setup and modify, and with a raft of limits and conditions. It also requires that I do email and billing...

Cons

There are still some bugs, and some of the icons etc are dated (some are just ugly) so I hope the UI gets an update soon. Also, it's a bit slow, but education sites don't really need to be that speedy.

The LMS I was looking For

Versatile and easy to use. My consulting and mentoring clients will have a great experience with GuruCan due to its easy access via the web or even by smartphone. (they have an app for your customer to access from their cell phone!). The platform provides several ways to evaluate and improve the studies of each client, such as quizz, homework, chats. Want to have a customer-only blog? You can in the "blog" function Do you want to do a webinar? Use this option. Want to automate your processes? Use Zapier or other forms of integration. Seriously, the platform is awesome and I see a bright future ahead.

Pros

Awesome features like: - Email broadcast, Webinars, Blog Articles, On Demand Content, Push Notifications, Email Automation, Landing Pages, Integration, Chats, Homework, Quizzes, Coupons, eMail Templates, Stripe and Paypal integration, and more.

Cons

Slow loading time in pages and other features. But nothing huge.

NL

Nikki L.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Stop looking for the perfect solution. Here it is

The support is extremely helpful and the design customization is great

Pros

GuruCan is extremely intuitive and comes along with a desktop as well as an app version which I love

Cons

nothing so far. I like the look, the features and the price structure

AM

Adrian M.

Incredible LMS

My experience have been only positive, I can create and sell my own courses without the need to pay for different software (email automation, webinars, app, etc)

Pros

It's like having five products in one. You can create your courses, set up webinars, blog articles, email broadcast, push notifications and, if you want, you can have your own white label app. (these are just a few of the features you have access) They really meant they motto: "One online course platform to rule them all"

Cons

The software it's not fully mature (by the time I'm writing this review but they are working hard to become an amazing software), so far my biggest complain would be the loading speed it's not so great and the way you can design the landing pages or the appearance of the courses is kind of basic but functional.

AA

Annie A.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Best LMS solution out there !

Overall excellent tool for a integrated LMS solution. Having a mobile app and webinar features seems to be great for this tool.

Pros

This is by far the best LMS solution with total integration. Can't get better than this. I am still working with this product. The reviews and recommendations are completely based on the initial feedback and the look and feel of the tool compared to some other tools. Excellent customer support. They were very responsive with then queries. some of the new features on their roadmap looks very promising.

Cons

I wish the white labeling feature was more affordable. I am still evaluation and will come back and update the review if needed.

Carrie K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Could be a great deal

One of the best features of Gurucan is the ability to create unlimited courses! I also like that they had an app which is important too.

Pros

I'm a course creator on another platform, and I most like the idea that Gurucan is an inexpensive all-in-one platform! The thought of everything integrated into one place is something I've had and is a great feature.

Cons

What I least like about Gurucan is the basic functionality is a bit confusing. Some things seem straightforward, and others don't make much sense. The aesthetics are basic compared to what I'm used to. I was hoping for the integration feature to work for me to import my courses from another platform. So far, that hasn't worked as described. I have been in contact with support, but it doesn't seem like they are on top of making it happen.

Anupam T.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Gurucan outperforms most of the LMS

Pros

Gurucan outperforms most of the LMS available in market in terms of its UI and functionality. The ability to install recordings from Vimeo, Wistia and Youtube is excellent. Though this feature is available in many other LMS as well, with GURUCAN it is seamless, intuitive and easy to use. What I like the most about this LMS is its unlimited student feature and white labelling capability in the higher plan. Gurucan also provides option to create mobile landing pages which is a huge plus. With a committed and expert team behind, I feel that this platform will one day be a leading LMS in the market.

Cons

Wish white labelling was available in lower version as well and Indian payment gateways were integrated.

LB

Laila B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Excellent product!

I can see this product saving me a lot of valuable time by having everything I need in one platform. So far I am very impressed with this product.

Pros

Without referring to guides or tutorials I set up an online course easily. Gurucan has many more features available right out of the box than other platforms. The included APP is an exciting bonus!! That is worth the investment alone - and then some. Customer support and responsiveness of owners to meet the needs of their customers makes this an even better product. I look forward to growing with Gurucan.

Cons

At this point I haven't a con to list. There are a few features I would like to see and these are on the roadmap or at least within the very democratic customer voting system set up,

Internet, 1-10 employees

Rising star among the LMS giants

Happy with the investment so far!

Pros

Is it so intuitive to go ahead and create a course, upload content but the best of all is it's on app on IOS and Android!

Cons

They are launching a webinar feature which will be very innovative in the space

Praviljith P.

Computer Software, self-employed

Gurucan can really make you the Guru!

The process of creating courses was very smooth. The support team was there for any help when I was stuck. Very engaged founders who welcome the feedback

Pros

Very easy to set-up the school Helpful and friendly customer support team Engaging founders who listens tot he feedback Great Features like: — Landing pages — Mobile App — Marketing automation — Webinars — Memberships — Analytics & CRM — Integrations — Video hosting — Actively developed road map — Push notifications

Cons

Page loading speed can be improved. No lesson/course import - only copy & paste.

vn

vinh n.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Gurucan help me solve my problem for internal training

UI and UX is very easy to use. I am happy with CRM feature. I researched a lot php and wordpress theme for online course but most of them need tiem and tech to run. Hosting fee also the big issue for me. Gurucan help me safe a lot of time and money.

Pros

CRM feature Chat for customer Quize and workout Easy to use Run fast and smooth Support ok

Cons

I can not change language. Trial time is rather short

Jeffrey T.

Excellent App!

I like the layout and all the add-on features you would not expect to be included but are needed to run a successful online course.

Pros

The App was very easy to use without having to watch/read any tutorials. Everything seems to follow a very logical step by step system.

Cons

None at this time. Compared to the other Apps in this space, I found this one very complete and easy to use.

Elias H.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

I love gurucan and can say its pretty useful if you have a course

My experience with gurucan was very smooth and I love the software

Pros

I like the simplicity and flexibility of the software!

Cons

I think it is great and i have no bad things to report off.

AE

Alessandro E.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Great Kajabi alternative with a Lifetime Deal!

Pros

Gurucan has all the tools you need to start, publish and sell your online course. You can setup your school and have courses, challenges, articles, chats and much more... If your users want to use an app, they can! You can use the Gurucan app or pay some monthly fee to have one custom app. Usually this kind of softwares are expensive (see Kajabi, Thinkific and so on...) but Gurucan has a Lieftime Deal at the moment so it's a steal. If you are into infoproducts, go for it!

Cons

The UI is not my favourite, it could me more modern. Some features are in Beta, but working ok and I'm sure they will be developed in these months.

ZG

Zachary G.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

Excellent Resource

Business is new but they are all very helpful with questions and are happy to respond.

Pros

I have had a hard time with Patreon and other websites that would say that membership is easy, but what I found is that Patreon is hard to use and its hard to get people to sign up. Gurucan is easier for people to navigate because its made to be viewed on your phone unlike Patreon, and since its so easy to navigate and see what you are getting people sign up alot faster.

Cons

I don't see any cons as of yet. they are implementing new things all the time. :)

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

I had given up on an app that spoke to my audience until I tried Gurucan

My audience is b-u-s-y and doesn't have the time or desire to spend digging for value in their inbox or a Facebook group. Gurucan has given me a space where I can connect directly with my audience in their hands.

Pros

It automagically pulled in all my content from Kajabi. I have a large catalogue of online learning and there it all was, waiting for me. All I had to do was make any updates and formatting with the super-easy block editor and I was ready to go. Super fast. Super easy. Super intuitive.

Cons

I'd love a social/group feature beyond the chat feature. Engagement is so important in community-building and chats can sometimes feel like a wall of text where connection gets lost.

CC

Christophe C.

E-Learning, self-employed

The synthesis of all LMS.

The synthesis of all LMS. I found in GURUCAN the platform I was waiting for in terms of features. Its major advantage is to group together LMS, webinars, quizzes, chats, video integration, drip content, memberships, blog. and IOS/Android app. All of this, with a great ease of use. So I decided to translate the admin into French for a better usability. Moreover the support is reactive. I hope that the team will commit itself on the long term because this LMS is a real gem.

Pros

Ease of use webinars (In beta) IOS and Android apps membership Vidéo integration

Cons

Private forum is missing Other payement platfom than paypal and stripe

SR

Sara R.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, self-employed

Exactly the solution I was looking for!

I am very pleased so far and am excited to finish my project and launch it!

Pros

I needed an easy way to create a digital travel guide without publishing a clunky 1000 page ebook. I love the way Gurucan's course structure can work for something like this-- with a taxonomy and tons of integration options. I am so excited to dig in and create a web-based version of this digital guide and then sell it!

Cons

I wish there was a way to integrate the course with a calendar. There might be... with Zapier, but that is something I need to explore more.

Juliette S.

E-Learning, self-employed

Perfect for a stand-alone membership platform for coachign clients

I used to host everything on Facebook, but after being accidentally locked out my account I needed a platform for my membership that is more independent, yet has the similar features of chat and e-learning features. Gurucan has everything I need plus I can create a knowledge base with the articles feature.

Pros

My favourite feature is the mobile app, which means the trainings and challenges I take my clients through are easy to consume on the go.

Cons

The only feature I wish they offered was private messages on a chat so I can offer one on one support discretely. But there may be a workaround I am not sure about yet.

Michelle E.

Amazing tool!

Pros

Gurucan makes it so easy to share your knowledge with people, it's insane. You don't have to be a big tech genius to understand what to do. And you can change the whole website/app to look like your brand. I love to use it and can't stop in the evening because there are just so many ideas that pop up in my head. It's more like a game than work.

Cons

There are still a few features missing e.g. implementations like Sendfox. But as Gurucan is in some places still in its BETA version and they have a whole roadmap with things they are still working on and adding to the service - this will be no issue anymore in no time!

Biggi F.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

It's not for me!

Different people like different things, so try it out for yourself and see if it works for you!

Pros

I purchased Gurucan when they offered unlimited hosting, which was a hard-to-find feature at the time. I was also intrigued about their meal plans and challenges features, which I hadn't seen anywhere before. I am also a big fan of having email marketing built-in, making it easy to communicate with certain segments of learners.

Cons

After several attempts of making use of this software, I am giving up, simply because the UI is so horrendous and confusing. Also, having owned Gurucan for nearly 18 months now, I do not recall any communication or updates from the creator. I don't know if they worked on this product at all in this time, as I haven't noticed any changes on the back-end, and couldn't find the changelog.

SS

Sam S.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

All the features I've wanted in one place!

The product was so easy to set up and I literally sent my first push notification to the app within 5 minutes of starting to create my "school". This is worth the price of admission in itself.

Pros

Gurucan allows me to do everything I want to do for my tribe. I have deliver content, courses, challenges, webinars, and even push notifications. It is totally integrated.

Cons

I have not yet found anything that I'm really not happy with. I'll keep looking.