Heights Platform Logo

Heights Platform

Web-based course creation platform for creators

Heights Platform Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.58/10

Reviews by rating

There are numerous video guides, training material and the excellent T-30 course, which teaches you how to create and launch a new course. A fantastic and extremely responsive customer service team.
I love the interface and the clarity in which it is laid out, It currently helped me to make a better course since it has tools to do a mind map of the learning experience for my alumni.
Had to say because any weaknesses being discussed by the users are continually being addressed and updated.
I don't have complaints, I wish there were all-inclusive active students, but that's just because I don't like to be counting and following these numbers.

Barak A.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Love this software, great customer service, very happy for having found it

Overall I got only good words to say. I've already described the pros & cons in the other sections, but I'll say that I use the software not only to sell courses, but also to organize training programs for my team members, to record live workshops and provide access to users, to record mastermind meetups and provide access to my mastermind members, and even collect videos that I'd like to keep for later reference, and keep them in one place.

Pros

Heights Platform provides everything I need in a course platform - easy to host a bunch of courses, training programs, webinars recordings, etc, and provide restricted access to whomever I choose, for however long I desire, and so on. I'm very happy with their pricing plans, the interface, the technical performance, all work very well. I particular I'm happy with the customer service, which is SUPER responsive, proactive and helpful. They keep developing, and seem to really care about their user base. They deserve to succeed. Not affiliated, just a happy user.

Cons

I'd be very happy with a bit more information provided through the API - in particular various user reports. Basic are enough, such as how many users are signed up for each course, including some general info: emails, etc. I'm be EXTREMELY grateful if there's a way to BULK create/edit courses,... for example uploading a CSV/XLS file to create a structure, description, title, slug, and so on. In a more and more automated world, that would make the software immensely more useful for me. I've already expressed those interest directly to the team, and I'm sure it's somewhere down the road.

Zakia R.

Next Generation Learning Management Solution with Exceptional Support

Heights has been a pleasure to implement and work with. My students have remarked how much they enjoy completing courses and the ease of use to access content. As a system admin I can rest assured that the content is quickly loaded and easy to upload with minimal to no technical friction. It just works add to this the ability to monetize and customize the learner experience through programs and projects, this is the complete solution to delivering education in easily digestible format. KUDOS to Heights.

Pros

It was extremely easy to setup and load multiple courses in an intuitive manner.

Cons

I would like the ability to customize the look and feel of lessons, Courses have beautiful landing pages but when there are over 30 lessons in a curriculum it would be nice to customize with images.

Thanks so much for the review! We're glad to hear you found Heights Platform easy to use, and that you see us as the only platform positioned for learner experience! Our goal is to help your customers achieve results, because in the long run, your content has the most value when your students get the results they are after.

AV

Anne V.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

A serious alternative for Kajabi and other course platforms

I love Heights. They're easy to use and they are constantly improving the platform. Their newest feature, websites and webpages, is phenomenal and a huge game changer. Additionally, I can't say enough about their tech support. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and other CS specialists are superstars and go the extra mile to make sure you can do what you need to within their system. Another bonus is that they're constantly improving their features and adding new ones, so you never feel like you have a dead product.

Pros

I love the ease of implementation of courses. They make it really easy to build and launch your courses.

Cons

I do wish they'd let you build quizzes and such, but it's not a deal breaker by any means.

CL

Chun L.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Efficient customer service!

We are building a bilingual language exchange program to start, and up to now, Heights Platform provides a good place for our clients from both countries to gain access to our courses and content.

Pros

It is rather challenging to figure out all the back-end functions within a month of the free trial, so reaching out to customer service is our company's best experience. Multiple representatives reached out to us asking if we needed help and we were able to resolve every problem within 1 or 2 email exchanges. Having a friend who knows Java or CSS or HTML will help immensely with customizing the landing page or the specific link. Having free stock photos to choose from for content building is a plus! And I love how we could add a demo to the course.

Cons

As a designer, I don't really like the limited landing page layout options.

RC

Rodney C.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

An Excellent Tool for Transferring and Monetizing your Knowledge

Overall, Heights Platform has proven to be the best fit for me. No one program can hit every one of your desires, but the commitment to continued enhancements and improvements with Heights Platform has been very impressive. I would have no qualms whatsoever with recommending this software to another creator or business.

Pros

What I consider to be most prevalent within the Heights Platform is it's commitment to the full transfer of your passion to another person. By that, I mean there are functionalities and processes "baked into" the software to persuade the user to actually complete the learning and apply it. For example, the "Projects" feature is perfect to get a person to apply their learning in real life. Also,...

Cons

Initially, I felt the community aspect of this software was very thin. Since I joined, however, they have done a MAJOR revamp of the Community portion of Heights Platform, and it is now very modern and appealing. It is now a very good tool to keep your members checking into the platform and plugging in.The page building functionality is also a little clunky, but the end result does still look good. It's just not as intuitive as some I have dealt with.

PC

Paul C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Excellent, easy to use and build online course creator

Overall a stellar product that gets better with every update. The pros far outweigh the cons and even if the cons never changed, I'd still consider this my favorite course creation tool. Pricing is extremely reasonable (if not lower than most) for the amount of functionality you get and support is stellar. I will use Heights Platform for all my courses now and in the future.

Pros

I really enjoy building courses in this program. It's intuitive and easy to navigate. Adding content is a breeze and their updates have made certain, previously difficult to use areas now easier than ever. The end result looks stellar on mobile and desktop and the developers like to make sure the users are always satisfied. If there's something the software can't do, they either try to implement...

Cons

There is room for improvement and I believe most of the following is on their roadmap. I'm not thrilled about the Notes area. It works flawlessly, but it's so hidden and small that it's hard to use. The editing screens are smaller than I'd like and I have to scroll up and down a lot instead of having the editing at full screen. The student sees full screen so no problem there, but as the administrator,...

TW

Tim W.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Easy to go live, superb support, looks great, gamification and analytics, solid roadmap

I got to hear from the Heights [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], a few months ago during an online conference I attended and I was impressed with his passion for the platform, his commitment to his users, and the base of users globally that are using the platform. My experience when reaching out to support was great, and I’ve enjoyed building programs on the platform and watching my audience go in and use it. So... all good as far as I’m concerned.

Pros

There are a number of things I like about Heights. I like assigning points to courses, because I can use that for any number of ways to motivate (eg to award badges (built in to Heights), or any idea such as linking to discounts, offer bonuses, or even to charitable giving). All are good to encourage and motivate students to continue to engage with your programs. Engaged students are continuing subscribers....

Cons

My main con is that a lesson in course A couldn’t be duplicated into course B. Instead I had to remake it with a bunch of copying and pasting. I assume that’ll be a reasonably easy fix sometime down the track. I had a slight learning curve to understand how Heights structures its environment. But once I got how they organise courses and lessons and the various editors for each, it’s pretty straightforward....

Very powerful and easy-to-set-up LMS

Pros

I've really appreciated Heights for allowing me to get started quickly. There are no bugs. There are no weird UI quirks. Things just work. The interface is responsive (mobile, tablet, desktop all work). There is a TON of very well-written documentation covering nearly every case possible, so you will always find answers. And, you get support responses very quickly from the team. CNAME, custom colors, custom code insertion all make Heights Platform powerful. AND, the Paypal and Stripe integration is VERY easy!

Cons

The interface is a little complex: sometimes it's not clear whether a product, a landing page, or a sales page is published, active, etc. so it requires some fiddling with settings and testing. The concept of Bundles is a bit buried in the interface. It just takes, like, 20 minutes getting used to it. Finally, the text editor is a little dated: there's no support for HTML embeds.

April L.

Warehousing, 11-50 employees

Easy to Use with Awesome Support Team

Overall this software works great. I have rolled it out to ten businesses and each business has a slightly different application. When I do need support (which is rarely now that I know how to use it) the support team is alway super responsive.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and setup but, the most important feature to me is user tracking. It lets me quickly gauge how involved my students are in their learning journey. I can see who my rock stars are and who is lagging behind and may need more support or motivation.

Cons

Sometimes rearranging lessons and arranging the hierarchy isn't as intuitive as it could be. It takes some getting used to but it is easy after that.

EA

Emil A A.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Fantastic platform, amazing team

So far, so amazing well done and thank you!

Pros

Bought two accounts for this software to launch and run online classes (been too busy for it at the moment since I run a few companies) but I am absolutely impressed by the features and I am extremely happy with the continuous improvements and progress this software is making.And on top of it all; the creators, management and team are fabulous!They are very personable, and they take into account ALL their clients. I don't take time to write feedback, I have plenty of things to do but I'm THAT impressed that I'm leaving this feedback on here. Well done, keep it up guys.

Cons

Not found any yet.Well, I did find some challenges but all good since I'm always able to give feedback and suggestions, and these guys always make it a point to consider new ideas, suggestions, so.Cons? Zero. Like any product, software is always going to be improved.

CP

Christine P.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Used other for 6-12 months

Heights Platform Recommendation

Pros

I would highly recommend the Heights platform to any creators looking to share their skills. The platform is very easy to use and has a highly professional look and feel. I searched long and hard for the perfect teaching platform to use, and Heights clearly took first place. Not only do the features they offer far surpass other platforms I've researched, but Heights has proven to me that they truly...

Cons

I have no cons in regards to the Heights Platform.

TB

Thomas B.

Utilities, self-employed

Good solid platform for online learning

I've looked at a tried a wide variety of online training and membership platforms and have really settled on Heights Platform to move forward with my specialized training for the water utility industry. It really has a lot of customization options from landing pages, to student tracking, to setting up course bundles and memberships. If you are so inclined, you can even sell coaching, online/in-person events or even consulting through Heights Platform, in addition to the more traditional digital products such as downloadable project files, ebooks and recorded single/multi-part courses - lots of flexibilit in the products you can offer.

Pros

Lots of options to customize the look and feel of the program; generous limits on students; good pricing on upgrade options; ability to connect your own payment gateways; great customer service; detailed student tracking; ability to easily set up ala carte classes, bundles or full memberships; built-in landing page builder; ability to create learning "funnels;" a message board for communicating with students; and, ability to use your own HTML and css to further customize the look and feel of the interface.

Cons

No quizzes/tests are available, although you can set up a "project" for a student to complete; no certificates for course completion are available through the Heights Platform (I use Sertifier - an outside program to issues certificates for professional development hours or CEUs); no native integrations except Zapier.

MB

Matthew B.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Finally a platform that delivers on every level.

Overall I am thrilled with my experience and I will certainly be recommending the platform to people on my programs

Pros

Heights platform is flexible without being confusing. Streamlined without being restrictive. This is software that has either been built by course creators or that has been built after a lot of research into what is important to course creators. The features are exactly what I needed for my business. I have tried just about every platform in the market place including 'going alone' on my own servers and nothing has come close to the features, functionality and ease of use of Heights. In addition the customer service is the best I have come across...period.. Real people with a real desire to help you to launch your business. I have an audience over over 150,000 students and the platform is perfect. At the price point it is pitched at Heights is a no brainer for my business.

Cons

There is very little that I dont like about the software. If there was one thing that would make it even better though it would be a choice of a few payment templates or client viewing templates. However that really is not needed and would just be an extra.

LW

Lynyetta W.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Great System, Great Value

I ran my signature course through Heights and the process went seamlessly. I do wish the platform was sleeker, more attractive, and had a more intuitive registration and landing page platform, like its competitors. But it's got all the bells and whistles you'd need at a great price. The learning curve is super easy to manage. I registered and was creating courses and lessons within 30 minutes. I'd absolutely (and have) recommend Heights to a colleague.

Pros

I spent quite a while looking for a course management system that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Heights is an awesome option. It's easy to navigate and does everything I needed that the more expensive systems offer. The support is AWESOME!!! Every time I get confused or have a question I get an in-depth response within 24 hours. I hope they stay this way as they grow because the top-notch support is a HUGE plus. I've not used it yet, but I like the ability of having a discussion forum in the software. I will use it in my next launch to avoid having to rely on and maintain a social media group or separate membership group.

Cons

It's not as sleek looking as their competitors and I wish it had better color branding options (the preset color themes are not at all attractive; they're very loud). They recently released an update where you can enter your own colors but the colors I chose don't always integrate with the system well and some words on buttons and navigation bars become difficult to see as a result. I also wish I could upload more than one document in a lesson (e.g. workbook AND pdf of PowerPoint slides). The student billing and registration system (landing pages, checkout, registration pages etc) embedded within the program are a bit confusing and not as intuitive or attractive, so I had to use Zapier to connect the system to my external cart.

MS

Melanie S.

Education Management, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

I’m Too New To Give It a “5” - Definitely a “4” - Will Update This Review In Time

I had been considering getting into the remote tutoring/coaching scene for years, but I never made the leap. I kept saying next year, next year, next year. The COVID-19 pandemic gave me the push. Although I purchased Heights pre-pandemic, the statewide Stay-At-Home order shut my brick and mortar turning center down and all of my clients were GONE overnight. The Heights Team has been helpful in answering all of my questions and helping me understand the technical aspects of each of the features that are inside of the Heights platform so that I can get pieces in place to deliver remote services.

Pros

God knows there are many online platforms out there - since eLearning is taking the world by storm. Honestly, the thing that made Heights the unquestionable choice for me at purchasing time was value for the price. Often, people have a dream of what they want to do/accomplish with a new shiny object - whether or not they get around to doing it is another story. At shopping time, I knew what I was...

Cons

The learning curve could be better (so the Heights Team can focus on updates instead of cries for help LOL!). There are very nicely scripted help articles with screen shots, however, since there is an eCommerce side for what I am using it for, I am quick to check in with the Heights Team to make sure I am doing it right (no matter what IT is). For example, I am still trying to get the hang of students enrollment/unenrollment, course -vs- program eCommerce, making sure my Zapier integrations are correct. But this is on me, not Heights. Heights is not pretty, but it has the features you need: from course creation to eCommerce to landing pages. It is an all-in-one software to get anyone started in the eLearning scene.

Swen G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Sehr gute Lernplattform mit beständiger Weiterentwicklung

Heights Platform ist eine großartige Lernplattform mit ständigen Updates und Verbesserungen. Das Design mag ein wenig altmodisch aussehen, aber dennoch funktional. In naher Zukunft würde ich mir ein modernes Design wünschen.

Pros

Heights Platform wird ständig um sinnvolle neue Features weiterentwickelt. Zuletzt kam die Möglichkeit hinzu Communitys zu erstellen, was eine sehr wertvolle Ergänzung ist. Die Bedienung und Administration ist recht einfach. Besonders schätze ich in besonderem Maße, die Möglichkeit über KonnectzIT oder integrately mit anderen Tools zu verbinden.

Cons

Das Design hat sich wenig weiterentwickelt. Zwar wurden etwas mehr Möglichkeiten geschaffen, das Design etwas an das eigene CI anzupassen, dennoch wirkt das Design bei Heights Platform angestaubt. Ich würde mir wünschen, dass es hier in der Zukunft einige Verbesserungen und Templates gibt, um die Lernplattform moderner zu gestalten.

Showing original review in German. See translation

SH

Sara H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Game changing platform for course creation

Firstly, can I just say that when it comes to tech, I'm from a generation before mobile phones. I didn't get online till my late 20's and I don't have a huge team of developers behind me, as I started to build my business. Why is this important? Well if this sounds like you, I can tell you right now that you won't be disappointed with the Heights Platform. This software has been built with ease of...

Pros

The software is ridiculously easy to use, right out of the box. The dashboard is well designed and incredibly simple to navigate. You can switch into different views, to experience the course as a student too, which really helps as you build your lesson plan. The ability to add downloads, videos and worksheets directly into each section is perfect, and adds a new dimension to the overall experience...

Cons

So far, I can honestly say that I have not run into anything I don't like about Heights, and the few problems I have experienced were resolved by Heights support within hours.

SC

Shelly C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Heights is THE Learning Platform for my Programs!

My personal experience with Heights Platform is a stellar relationship. The ease of using the program makes it easy to get going. Their online help is extremely helpful and I often find the answers to my questions in the help. However, the service is award winning in my opinion. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team are truly dedicated to serving this space, and it shows!

Pros

Heights Platform is an amazing product developed by an even more amazing team of people. My favorite feature is the flexibility of offering packages with their Bundle Options. They have created the ability to package your courses and programs in many ways, allowing you to maximize the effort you have put into building your courses to fill many needs. This was a GAME CHANGER for me! The ease of use has to creating programs in no time. It is so easy to see how the course will unfold for your students.

Cons

Heights Platform is continually adding more features and benefits to their offering. And when they do a release, they bring VALUE! Such was the case with the Bundle Options recently! I purchased knowing they were planning this, and I am so glad they did. I honestly cannot say that I don't care for any particular feature. Everything is designed with great thought to promote an environment for learning. And their focus on continual improvement to bring value to their customers goes beyond what I have ever seen from a software provider.

HM

Haydee M.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

The Learning Management System That Brings Me Peace

I've had the best experience with Heights. As a matter of fact, it's my favorite software purchase I've ever made. I still count my lucky stars that I found Heights when I did. I wish that many more people knew about Heights. But at the same, I admire that high-touch, one-to-one support that they're able to provide.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is its [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. There are software companies that can be wonderful but if their [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] isn't, then the whole thing falls apart. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the best software [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that I've come across. He believes in his product, he values his customers, he values education and for a learning management platform, it makes all the difference. He is empathetic, responds to your questions thoroughly and he offers sincere advice. The software itself is easy to use, improves with every iteration and I love it more than ANY other LMS (learning management software) out there. And I've tried all of them except one. If you want to find a permanent home for your content, this is it.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I dislike about this software. It would be ideal if there was a platform where absolutely no integrations were needed and that it included everything, but that type of software doesn't yet exist, that I know of, and there will continue to be new tools to want to integrate to.

MR

Michelle R.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

A breath of fresh air for online course creation

Pros

The Heights Platform was a breath of fresh air after using some of their competitors - it was so easy to get up and running, the built-in messaging system makes it easy for me to offer support when my students need it and the responsiveness of the Heights Platform team is incredible with new features rolling out regularly!

Cons

Anything that I've wanted to add is either on their pipeline for release or they've added it.

TB

Tracy B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Fantastic option for educators looking to build fun & community into their offerings

My experience has been wonderful. They care, they are quick to respond, and the Heights team has built a great platform that I'm excited to grow into with them.

Pros

Heights solves two problems for me: for starters, I really dislike Facebook and I don't want to engage in that platform. However, I really love the potential for community that Facebook provides and the value that can add to a course experience. Heights solves this problem. Two: I love the badges and gamification factor. Why use a progress bar when I can create a custom silly award?

Cons

It's not really a criticism - at the time of writing this review, they are a new company and so there are features that are not yet spectacular because they haven't been built out yet. Heights is a fantastic learning portal now, and has the potential to be a fantastic funnel - payment - autoresponder - learning portal all in one in the future. This is easily solved for the time being by using an off-site funnel that I use because I am really really persnickety with my design while I wait patiently for Heights to build up the next version of theirs.

Phillip G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great! Still has a bit to go, but it’s solid.

Solid. Better than teachable, and I believe will rival Kajabi once [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] gets further down the road map.

Pros

Customisable themes, course layout and the interface looks clean. Time stamps are coming which will be sick.

Cons

No auto save when typing in the lesson text box, got done a few times switching between lessons. There is a text box warning that comes up (most of the time) but out of habit I’d tick OK to get rid of the box and lose the work. Can only upload one downloadable resource - kajabi can have multiple. Perhaps looking into something like that. I have multiple links in my text box instead.

DD

Dino D.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

All in one solution for education

Pros

The best feature of the Heights Platform for me is the integration - everything can be run from a single place, from course preparation, video hosting, payment processing, interaction with the students. It is also quite easy to use. Importantly, the team behind Heights really goes out of their way to answer questions promptly - within a couple of hours everytime! They are also rolling out new features fairly fast, in the 3 months that I have been using it already there has been 2 major new features. A feature I am eagerly waiting for is the ability to run a blog within the platform - they are working on this right now and this would make the platform really all in one.

Cons

The one thing I wished for was to have more customization options as far as the look of the interface from the point of view of the student - color palettes are limited to a dozen different generic combos... However I know that they are working on opening up the customization options so that issue will soon be a thing of the past.

Thanks for the review! Yes, we really aim to be an all-in-one solution for course creators. Your focus as a creator should be on teaching your expertise rather than trying to piece together software solutions. You are correct that we do have a custom color theme builder in the works that will provide much more flexibility beyond our built in themes.

SP

Steve P.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great platform for packaging and sharing your knowledge

I conduct a Team Launch workshop for Agile Teams. It is very dynamic in nature in that the team chooses the agenda. While Heights is mostly designed for individual learners, I could not resist the urge to try and use Heights for this as well since it aligns so well with how I think and like to work. AND because it is so feature rich. So I decided to use this, asking questions of support right away....

Pros

I'm a big fan of tools that allow you to see easily the big picture AND the detail. Heights does this by providing you with this FANTASTIC outline editor that allows you to easily create Courses, Modules and Lessons AND move them around as much as you'd like until your heart is content. Its like creating an outline in Word before writing BUT BETTER. Being able to drag and drop the entire structure of your Program (A program is a collection of courses in this context) is a big time saver. Once you have a draft outline, you can then click on any lesson and immediately be taken to the lesson editor.

Cons

Nothing, to be honest. There is A LOT of functionality in Heights, and I personally tend to get intimidated by that, but that is a "known issue" with this version of me. The way to incorporate Heights into your operation is to just address one thing at a time. First get your knowledge structured and packaged and organized. Then learn how the monetization works. Then try out things like bundles, etc. Progressive, iterative development of your course(s) is the key.

ES

Eunice S.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Most Robust LMS for the money

I’m so glad to have an affordable robust tool to manage my courses and community OUTSIDE of social media. This is a game changer.

Pros

I have access to features that I expected only from super expensive platforms

Cons

There is nothing to not love. It’s comprehensive and easy to understand how it fits into our tech stack without causing complications or creating an unnecessary expense