Hero Reviews

4.59/5 (136 reviews)

Pros
  • I like how easy it is to track student points.
  • easy for students to see their progress if they use the app
  • It is easy to use and very easy to track student behaviors.
  • I enjoy being able to positively reward students for their great behavior!
Cons
  • There is nothing I don't like. I love it all.
  • Sometimes it lags when i try to enter points.
  • It takes you through a lot of steps to mark a behavior.
  • The website constantly logs me out and I have to log back in each period.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Greg Baker

Hero K12

Reviewed 2018-10-07

Pros
Having the ability to give instant feedback to students and parents is great. The data we can collect on student behavior is excellent for decision making purposes.

Cons
There are some management features that are not available for Hero admins. For example, I had a lot of issues with student forgetting their passwords. Our students do not have access to email so they can't reset on their own, and Hero does not give admins the ability to reset.

Greg Baker

Hero is a great management system. With Hero, our students are more actively engaged in behavior.

Reviewed 2017-07-18

Pros
Hero is very user friendly for staff, students, and parents. The system allows staff to track student behavior and look for trends. Staff can also use Hero for positive reinforcement. Students are able to stay engaged with their positive and negative behaviors. They can use their points for fun incentives. Parents have an opportunity to see how their children are doing in real time. Hero Support is excellent.

Cons
Hero has a few minor limitations on the administrative side. Some of the reports are lacking a filter that my admin would like. The functionality of the Event system is not great.

Lacy Harbison

Hero is a simple and fun way to increase positive behaviors in students.

Reviewed 2017-07-20

School behaviors and culture improved. The students loved earning rewards for positive behaviors rather than strictly negative consequences.

Pros
The program is an easy to use tracking system. The features and functionality are simple. The website and customer support are awesome!

Cons
If you are not specifically tied to a class, (e.g. resource teacher, school counselor, admin) it can be time-consuming to search for students, especially if you want to award a bulk number of points.

Karessa Parish

Hero is easy to use and a great way to shift your focus from negative to positive.

Reviewed 2017-07-18

Hero is an easy-to-use solution to a school-wide reward system. In addition to providing positive feedback to our students, it can also be used to track tardies, ID violations, dress code violations, etc.

Pros
It is easy to implement school-wide to gain the most benefit. On our campus, teachers focus on awarding positive Hero points while the administrative team oversees the tardy, ID and dress code violations. I love being able to focus my attention on the positive things happening in my classroom and on our campus.

Cons
Our biggest challenge is allowing co-teachers the rights to view the entire class so they can easily give points.

Althea Gibbons

Reviewed 2018-10-24

The students are more prone to wear their IDs and get to class on time in order to earn points. It definitely increases positive behavior.

Pros
It is very easy to use and it motivates the students to "get caught doing something good"

Cons
There is nothing I don't like. I love it all.

Tiana Kamiko

I love HERO. It's done wonders for our school. :)

Reviewed 2018-05-07

The climate at school is much better. The kids are happier, and they enjoy coming to the HERO store and earning more points for demonstrating positive behaviors.

Pros
I like that it's pretty simple to use, and our support person Alexandra is the best. I also like that the kids enjoy earning points, and that we can have our HERO store for the kids to purchase what they want/need. I also like that this is way more universal than our previous PBIS stuff.

Cons
I don't like that we can only give/redeem 250 points at a time. I also don't like that we don't have automatic roster uploads yet.

Sabrina Langlois

HERO Review

Reviewed 2019-03-06

It's been great to see our students and staff get excited about HERO.

Pros
The opportunity to track positive student behavior and provide incentives through our HERO store.

Cons
I would like some more reporting options...maybe teacher use by grade level, etc.

Carla Valledor

Hero is easy to use and students respond to the positive reinforcement.

Reviewed 2017-12-12

There are many benefits to this application. If I had to select only a couple it would be the ease of use and the positive impact it has on students.

Pros
When it comes to the software, I like the ease of use. Students also able to view their progress and central detentions.

Cons
There really isn't anything I do not like about the software. If I could modify anything it would be the ability to retract a central if I accidentally gave one.

RoseMarie McCandless

Easy, fun, and helps my students get rewarded for the positives!

Reviewed 2018-05-08

Pros
I love that this software allows me to reward ALL students who are doing the right thing. It also helps me motivate and encourage students to change behaviors and see immediate rewards from their changes. I also love that it is a school-wide program, every teacher can use it and it helps build student buy-in.

Cons
I wish there was a way to spend points in the classroom easier. I want to let my students get rewards weekly by spending their hard-earned points. As of now, there is not this functionality available to classroom teachers.

Anonymous

Easy way to reward students for wanted behaviors. Really boost positive culture

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Pros
Super easy to use. You can just scan students in using their school IDs. Rewards students instantly that they can turn in to things they want.

Cons
When it goes down, there is no really easy way to reward students except the old fashion way. When it does go down, it doesn't stay down for long. You also have to have a good internet connection to have it work correctly and quickly

Ashley Bell

Resourceful, powerful

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Pros
An easy tool to implement that reinforces positive behavior while also correcting inappropriate behavior.

Cons
nothing really. There is a learning curve for all parties involved; administrators, users and the students.

Caitlin O'Hara

Reviewed 2019-03-20

Pros
I like that I can track so many behaviors (both positive and negative-tardy). I also like that when I track the behavior of a student, I can see what behavioral step they are on. The student search function is also handy. It's nice to be able to find students throughout the entire school.

Cons
It takes you through a lot of steps to mark a behavior.

Jessica Allen

Easy to learn, Useful product

Reviewed 2017-07-18

Pros
Automatic data collection between all teachers and subjects over specific events (both good and bad)

Cons
Limited functionality- adding notes/explanation, limited reports generation, limited control over consequences, etc

Roxanna Smilovich

Hero Review

Reviewed 2019-02-25

I like the incentive that students receive and their willingness to do the right thing.

Pros
I like how easy it is to track student points.

Cons
The website constantly logs me out and I have to log back in each period.

Mark Collins

If you want to be positive in the classroom, focus on the positive.

Reviewed 2017-07-28

They rewards and the community of feedback from other users.

Pros
The multiple ways that it can be catered to different teaching styles. Some teachers collect with clipboard tallies and enter later, some scan ID's on lanyards, I use a poster of temporary ID's and draw attention to the process of the rewards so that students know when the points have been allocated.

As a Teacher

Reviewed 2018-10-04

Students are wearing school gear, coming to class on time, just doing the right thing to get points and it makes others want them too.

Pros
The program is very easy to use. I am liking the new features to give students multiple points that they are doing in the class.

Cons
Not being able to create my own class for enrichment class I have look up each student to give them points.

Megan Grizzell

Heroic with Hero

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Pros
I enjoy being able to positively reward students for their great behavior!

Cons
While it is easy to use, it is an extra step to log things in addition to what my school already provides.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Cesar Rosales

Great tool

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Overall I enjoy using this. It has streamlined the way we use PBIS and MTSS in our school. It has made it easy for students to understands the point system and use in class.

Pros
It is easy to use and easy to integrate with PBIS and ongoing school resources.

Cons
There has to be a better or more efficient way to look up data. Also a better way to create actions for trac codes.

Christine Klein

I think it is a great program and it worked very well at motivating our students.

Reviewed 2017-08-09

Pros
It was easy to use and find students names. The students were able to give themselves points in out classrooms because we have smartboards.

Cons
I would like to be able to give more points at a time to each student instead of having to redo it each time. It would make it easier when you get busy and can't log them in immediately. Would also make it easier if everyone in the school had access to all students without having to search for them. Made it difficulty for resource teachers to give out points.

Melinda Cipolla

Good Program

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Pros
I like the ease of using it. It makes it easier to give students positive reinforcement

Cons
Not being able to do incidents on it or how it doesn't connect to PowerSchool

Lisa Johnson

Buying In

Reviewed 2018-10-12

At first I was skeptical, but now I see the benefit of using it for positive behavior reinforcement.

Pros
It gives the students the option to see there progress of good. In this day of technology that is something that they will probably take part in.

Cons
I would like to see the students be able to cash in their rewards points, online, for prizes.

Marlowe Croskrey

Quick Easy Tracking

Reviewed 2018-05-07

It is very nice to be able to track positive and negative experiences with the students, their parents can log in and see how their kid is doing.

Pros
it's fairly easy to use and straight forward. It has all of the student's contact information in the system so that makes it nice for teachers to be able to call home if needed.

Cons
This system is able to track behaviors and we are able to give students incentives. The only thing I don't like about it is if you make a mistake its a lot of steps to right the problem.

Brittany Polk

Hero is really allowing our school to change its culture for the better.

Reviewed 2017-12-11

Pros
I like that it is simple and easy to use. It is easy to train our teacher staff how to use and implement it in their classrooms.

Cons
I don't like that I can't assign multiple points to a student at a time. We have several teachers that either forget to assign daily points or that would rather wait until the end of the week to assign points. If they do this, they have to lick on the students multiple, multiple times instead of being able to assign multiple behaviors at a time.

Tina Harper

HERO Review

Reviewed 2018-10-24

It has been a positive experience but the school has to do their part also. If we weren't offering incentives to the students there would be no buy in.

Pros
easy for students to see their progress if they use the app

Cons
If I go too long without using it during the day (break or PLC) it locks up and i have to log and and log back in to use it.

Anonymous

A great program to motivate students.

Reviewed 2018-10-05

Hero has helped with reducing tardies.

Pros
It is easy to use and very easy to track student behaviors.

Cons
Sometimes it lags when i try to enter points.