Hero Reviews

4.59/5 (136 reviews)

Pros
  • This serves as a great way to reward students.
  • The ease of monitoring the great things are students are doing.
  • I can look at each month and see how many points I've awarded each month to each individual students.
  • Can easily keep track of student engagement! Kids are engaged which leads to better classroom successes.
Cons
  • I had some functionality issues on an iPad
  • I wish there were less steps to enter the points.
  • I wish there was a quicker to assign points to a group of students.
  • Sometimes my phone will act up or the wifi isn't great so I may have troubles logging on
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Brenda Altamirano

I use HERO every day to document positive student behavior

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Love the reward system that can be adapted to this software

Pros

Cons
I wish I could create more of a 'setting chart' layout to the list of my students. I would also like to select more than one 'behavior' at a time.

Anonymous

My experience has been great for the most part.

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Classroom management and control over student incentives

Pros
I like the ability it gives me to control my class with incentives. Having the ability to award points to the students that come in early to get their work started is a major likable feature.

Cons
I don't like the fact that it doesn't allow you to choose the amount of points to award or deduct. There are times when I would like to reward students 50 points at once and that option is not available.

I have enjoyed using Hero

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Pros
The ease of having students receive positive reinforcement and seeing their pride when they do. I also like how they can find their scores quickly,

Cons
Trying to fill out an incident report. The form is too challenging and confusing. Also it is hard to find certain aspects of the program

Aimee Sangster

HERO is used as positive reinforcment.

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Pros
Students are motivated to do the right thing. Students will come on time to class, behave, and help others.

Cons
Sometimes the system has glitches. It wont update with our system, so some students who have left are still on the roster and new students haven't been added yet.

Nicole Kelly

Hero has CHANGED our campus. Our teachers have bought into it because it's so easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-12-11

Pros
The ease of use and the ability to select an entire class at a time. It makes it pretty easy to keep the class on a roll if they're all meeting expectations.

Cons
The whole class selection isn't available on the mobile app. I do like the ability to scan student IDs

Miranda Kopecky

So Useful

Reviewed 2019-03-15

Pros
This serves as a great way to reward students.

Cons
I wish there were less steps to enter the points.

Positive and helpful!

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Pros
Well organized and easy to use once you learn it. A good way to reward students as well as document discipline issues.

Cons
Not sure if all our discipline issues get addressed even though we document them. That isn't a software issue, more of a school issue.

Amanda Guzman

it has been amazing and helpful to my site

Reviewed 2018-05-08

Pros
I like all of the information it holds and how it has a mobile option so it can be used out of the classroom.

Cons
There are times when the software can become slow and not work properly. This can delay the distribution of points or our tardy tracking.

orlando smith

exciting

Reviewed 2017-07-19

Pros
easy to use, our teachers love it , we have 100% by in from our teachers.....yeaaaaaa! looking forward to 2017-2018 school year

Cons
only teachers can pull up their class, as a counselor its difficult. Sometimes it makes me delay entering my HERO points

Renee Schuler

Easy and effective

Reviewed 2017-12-11

Pros
The impact on the students, and how easy it is to incorporate it into your own daily routine. I also enjoy all the reports you can run.

Cons
Not able to do multiple points at once, and not being able to search for multiple students at a time.

NICOLE DELLATERZA

MOTIVATING & EXCITING!

Reviewed 2017-12-15

STUDENT SUCCESS! I THINK WE NEED TO GET MORE TEACHERS TRAINING ON HOW TO USE HERO AND THEN THIS MAY BRING EASE AND COMFORT IN THE PROGRAM.

Pros
EASY OF USE TO ASSIGN HERO POINTS! MOTIVATION TOOL USED TO HELP STUDENTS FOCUS AND SUCCESSFULLY LEARN ALGEBRA TOPICS!

Ashley Bothwell

I love to use hero.

Reviewed 2017-12-11

Pros
It's a great way for me to involve my students in their behavior monitoring. Students enjoy the rewards and so do I.

Cons
I can't use it on my phone the way that I would like to. I have to use my computer in order to give points.

Blake Baker

Hero is great to use!

Reviewed 2018-10-03

Hero has been wonderful. It has helped change the culture of our school.

Pros
I like how Hero integrates a point system to promote positive behaviors. Their fast track addition was great!

Cons
I had some functionality issues on an iPad

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Strong, Holistic Program

Reviewed 2017-12-11

Pros
Hero is an easy way to encourage students to begin developing stronger work habits and more prosocial behaviors.

Cons
The phone app for teachers is not very intuitive and has many challenges when loading or logging in.

Herminia Malave

I use this to track both positive and negative behaviors in class.

Reviewed 2018-05-09

I can track all of the positives and negatives a student has done in class all in one place. It is easy to use, students enjoy getting the positive points especially when they are getting a reward such as a dress down for being top earners within the school. This has given some students incentive to work hard and to try to avoid negative behaviors. For these students, Hero has had a positive impact.

Pros
I like that I can do bulk trackings for when my whole class has done something positive such as stayed on task and worked well together or won a class competition, I can reward everyone at once.

Cons
I do not like that I can not see the history of points for a student. This would enable me to tell students if they have centrals (for infractions) and if I have given a student points or not when forgotten.

james witcombe

An amazing experience that allows students to be rewarded for great behavior, a great motivator.

Reviewed 2017-07-22

Student positive behavior has increased and students that would normally be unnoticed are being rewarded.

Pros
It allows for instant positive tracking. Students and parents can know that their behavior is being noticed. Kids that normally go unnoticed are being rewarded for awesome behavior.

Cons
I have not found there to be anything that has been a problem so far. The ease of the software is a huge plus.

HERO is a HERO

Reviewed 2018-10-11

Pros
I like the HERO software because it is user friendly. There is a lot of support options and the customer service is excellent!

Cons
I wish there was a quicker to assign points to a group of students.

Emily Otto

We use HERO at school to track positive behaviors and it works great!

Reviewed 2018-05-07

Pros
I like that it is easy to use and it is customized to work with your own school needs. For example we have certain behaviors we are looking for as a school and we can input those into the program for data purposes.

Cons
There are times that the website doesn't work, so I have to write points down and enter them later on days where this happens.

Lydia Gomez

It is a very exciting and innovative way to control our students

Reviewed 2017-12-11

Pros
easy to use and you can customize to your needs. There are so many things we can use it for. I love the fact that we can print our detention passes and this system takes care of our tardies on Aeries.

Cons
On the phone it is hard to scan the ID's. I have an ipod which is the device that I use and it is very hard to scan the identification cards.

Brittany Brodo

Easy to use and works well within the classroom.

Reviewed 2017-12-12

Pros
I love how it has the capability to be customized by administration and tailor it to the student population within your school. Currently my school focuses on the positive students are doing within the school and classroom vs. the negative. Aesthetically it is nice to look at, user friendly, and holds students accountable.

Cons
One thing I like the least about this software is that I would like access to be able to contact parents through HERO, which is a feature. Unfortunately that is more on the administrative side vs. the program side. There really aren't any flaws I have discovered so far and I truly love using the software as a form of classroom management and rewarding students.

Janea Martinez

This is a great program.

Reviewed 2017-07-18

Pros
The software is great the class pages are easy to navigate and they are a great size. The layout is simple, anyone can use it.

Cons
I wish it would allow you to assign multiple points at once or it could connect to aeries for attendance points. The software is easy to use it can just be time consuming when assigning points for 6 classes.

Great behavior management tracking

Reviewed 2018-01-18

Makes tracking and reports of behavior easier

Pros
The collection of data is super easy it takes me less than 5 clicks to record that a student have missing homework. Tracking of rewards and punishments has never been so easy.

Cons
For a usual user this totally work but for a math teacher who likes more specific reports or who wants more specific records is limited in flexibility

JoJo Davis

Hero at Highlands

Reviewed 2019-02-25

Pros
The ease of monitoring the great things are students are doing.

Naomi Houston

The program is very effective and gets a great response from staff and students.

Reviewed 2018-05-07

It allows my school to track different behaviors good and bad.

Pros
Easy to use and straight to the point. The students enjoy using it on there end as well. I am able to track tardies and different behaviors as needed.

Cons
At this time there are no concerns and things that I dislike about the program. I enjoy using it daily.

Tira Bunn

Easy to use, kids are engaged.

Reviewed 2017-07-29

Very FEW behavior issues.

Pros

Cons
Not sure if this is a school site concern or HERO, need more categories for monitoring. Wish teachers had the individual capabilities of putting their own categories in for PBiS Monitoring.