Lillio Logo

Child care app for center management, parent communication.

Lillio Reviews - Page 3

3,608 reviews

CS

Christina S.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Great App as a User!

Love the app! Makes it so easy to see what my child is up to every day and keep track of what they have eaten, how many times they were changed or used the bathroom (even during potty training stages!), and even allows me to effectively communicate with the teachers. It also keeps everything accessible to look back at when needed, which i love especially for the photos (which you can also download to your phone). Great app!

Pros

Easily displays my child's day to day activities and stores all of the great photos taken by my childcare center that are easily accessible, downloadable, and saved to access later if needed.

Cons

Not sure if this is the software, e-mail capabilities, or on the child care center's submission end but sometimes i'll get e-mails with what is supposed to have a picture of my child but it doesn't load or even show that there is supposed to be a photo of some sort. They are just blank. Otherwise, everything else works great!

BA

Brian A.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Great Idea/Purpose - few things to Improve

Overall it’s a great app and feature to have for any child. It’s issues are minor and should work there way out, but the benefit of knowing what your child is doing during the day outweighs any con.

Pros

It’s great to see your child checked in (if another parent or person drops/picks up). Seeing progress during the day, pictures, videos, things they are learning is awesome. Picking up your child and asking questions (knowing what the answers should be) is a great way to communicate and be active with your child’s life.

Cons

The software and programming is not perfect yet. It’s difficult to understand which child (when you have 2 or more) is being mentioned/addressed in messages or updates. Also duplicate messages go out frequently. Also the pictures and videos do not load correctly on the phone, swiping right or left always gets messed up or glitches and exits out of the app. I also can’t view the images correctly. The user friendliness of the whole app seems a bit off and that a few improvements could make a world of a difference.

JC

Jena C.

Government Administration, 1-10 employees

Great App Especially for New Parents

Pros

I like that throughout my day I can see when my child care provider enters photos and information and I feel “in the know” about how my child’s day is going.

Cons

I dislike that the provider gets to choose whether you get real time updates on some information or not. I would like to know this as they happen. For example nap lengths. Lots of times I won’t know how long my daughter napped until well past her bedtime. Knowing it would help me adjust her bedtime accordingly. Ideally, having the parent be able to decide on push notifications for all/some/none would work better than the centre making that choice.

TS

Tammy S.

Investment Management, 11-50 employees

highly recommend Hi Mama!

I have used it for almost 4 years, and I love that I can communicate with the staff (Schedule, questions etc), seeing what my child is doing throughout the day also leads to discussion after picking them up. showing him the photos and asking questions to create conversation.

Pros

staying in tuned with the daily events and what my child is doing through out the day, I love seeing pictures of what he is up to when I am at work. I enjoy that I can communicate with the staff as I am not always the one to pick him up and drop him off. I also enjoy the articles, tips and tricks that are posted. My child is a very picky eater so my favorite feature is seeing the meals that he had throughout the day and knowing how much he ate, helps with meal panning (dinner).

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say, I truly enjoying the app I highly recommend using it.

AB

Angela B.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Himama App Review

Overall I love the real-time, comprehensiveness of the app. It’s a huge improvement over the paper sheets that daycares were using previously. It’s hard leaving your baby with someone and this helped ease my transition back to work after maternity leave knowing I could get photos, videos and updates sent in real time.

Pros

I like that we can see everything in the app: real time photos and videos that the caregivers post, my baby’s feedings, diaper changes, nap schedule and we can export reports and the end of the day. It’s a really simple communication tool where messages can be left regarding need for more supplies, child updates, etc. My extended family loves the app too because I can add them to our account with different access levels so they can see the photos and videos posted of their niece/granddaughter everyday and they LOVE that.

Cons

On an iPhone it appears their are still some bugs to be worked out. Despite have notifications set to on I no longer get push notifications when an update is added. I have to go into the app to see if anything new has appeared and I have to restart the app to get it to refresh. These bugs started maybe about 3-4 months ago only.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

HiMama is a must have for any day care and child care center

Happy with HiMama - recommend them highly

Pros

Software is a must have for any business running child care centers Provides much needed features - alerts and notifications to parents - video feed for communication of child with parents and relatives - attendance tracking - billing and payments Saves paperwork, time and give a much needed brand lift (selling story) to parents and gives them comfort remotely monitoring their child

Cons

Quality software comes at a price - and this product is not cheap as there aren't many good competitors Might be difficult for small child care centers in developing countries with small budgets to be able to afford. Differentiated pricing (country to country) and more support for regional variations e.g. language support would be appreciated

JS

Jaclyn S.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Overall great app

Overall it’s been a user friendly experience and it’s really fun receiving and reviewing the daily log that the teachers provide ! Super cute and functional!

Pros

I like the simplicity of this app. My child’s daycare has this system and it’s been very easy and functional to use. I love how they can post pics daily and it gets sent right to me in a safe system!

Cons

It’s a little bit slow in sending the messages I find. But it’s not too bad. I don’t use it for anything else other than checking in so really there’s not much on the com side for me to critique.

Shawn C.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Great dashboard for education/daycare

Very positive, one of the best solutions overall.

Pros

Ease of use and simple feature set for monitoring childcare.

Cons

Mobile app wasn't as Android friendly as other options.

SF

Sara F.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

HiMama Child Care App

The benefits I have realized is being able to keep up with the daily activities my children are accomplishing while I'm at work. It's extremely beneficial to message my children's teachers throughout the day about any random questions or concerns that might come up. The response time is quick and efficient and if I need to leave work for a sick child, the messaging feature allows me to know what's going on at all times at daycare.

Pros

As a working parent it is reassuring to receive updates throughout the workday about my children - knowing exactly what they're doing and sometimes even seeing pictures of them, which is great!

Cons

The Milestones feature - my husband and I do not use this feature. I do not feel compelled to add my children's personal milestones onto an app. Other parents and guardians might enjoy, but it just isn't a priority for my family.

NP

Nancy P.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

User Friendly

We have been extremely satisfied with HiMama. I looked at a few other items out there and none compare to what they offer and the ease at which they deliver the end product.

Pros

Extremely easy to use from our assistants in the classroom to our parents downloading the apps to their phones. Our parents love this application. I love several things about it! Saving trees is a great one, but also the great ease of use. The parents get great detailed information daily about the children's daily activities. It is a great asset for our team and moves away from paper work. The other thing is that as an administrator I can see who is present and how things are going just by pulling up that class online. It is a great tool!!

Cons

Not really any negatives that I can think of. A great support network to work with as well! A great product and team!

SD

Suzanne D.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

My Experience With Lillio and Why It Is Amazing

Pros

The software makes attendance tracking easy and offers amazing data privacy features It also has a parental management portal

Cons

No bad experiences yet and Lillio has been very helpful

MK

Missy K.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great way to connect with child’s school day and teachers

I really like the ease for parents to use. It’s a great tool for communicating. Some things should be tweaked for staff and admin use, but overall, a great resource.

Pros

I like that it’s similar to social media

Cons

Not being able to attach more then one file to a message

HF

Heidi F.

NOT HAPPY

My overall experience with official is not good. Believe they make program sounds so great just to sell it to you and then customer service slow and not good! Not happy with program or customer service. I've said this many times since June but goes no where.

Pros

Communication with parents was a plus to this program when it works

Cons

-calendars seems to just disappear for center and can't figure out -any issues take forever to fix and staff usually say it's bug and have no fix for it -assessments should have way to mark each individual kid and not based on activities -parents should be able to mark when baby last ate, changed, and woke up before they come to center _health notes should be able to be visible by parents -shouldn't have to refresh page all the time -Communciation with staff should be easier on this program too. Should go to message center and not personal email (this was a selling point to me and very disappointed with it)

TR

Taylar R.

Easy Peasy

Love the app both parents and staff are very satisfied.

Pros

LOVE that the parents are able to see what is happening through out the day as well as at the end of a day receive a report. This cuts down on the time parents stand around talking and then details are also not left out.

Cons

Can’t search old messages. If you are looking back at previous messages you have go back through all the messages you are unable to search a persons name.

Sp

Sans prenom e.

Internet, 1-10 employees

HiMama, the ten star best app for childcare.

HiMama allowed me to reduce the long walks looking for childcare centers everywhere. With this software, there are all the features, all the programs for a good relationship between parents and school staff.

Pros

What I liked here is that thanks to this software, we save time by avoiding paperwork. Everything is online and the child's progress is better monitored by progress reports.

Cons

I did not find anything disconcerting everything is perfect.

nw

nicole w.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

himama review

himama has allowed for me to stay connected to my child at daycare while i’m at work. it’s great to be able to see videos/pictures and as well get updates on other pertinent information.

Pros

pros include being able to connect parents/guardians with their children throughout the day. also like how it is easy to navigate the app.

Cons

app does experience glitches from time to time. also do not like that you can’t save videos to your phone

ET

Esther T.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

My Experience With Lillio

Pros

It makes attendance management easy and it is affordable too. The tool is affordable and effortless to use.

Cons

Using Lillio has been effortless and no issues.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

HiMama app

Benefits as a parent are stated in the Pros section above but mostly, it's having a consistent and electronic log of the days for reference (and for enjoyment with pics).

Pros

I liked that we are able to receive updates throughout the day (there is the capability but teachers don't always use it) and mostly the pictures/videos! It makes you feel like you know what is really happening during the day. I also like that there is an electronic journal that you can refer back to at any time. I also like the ease of being able to communicate to the teachers through the app and that administration is able to see any of that back and forth.

Cons

The pictures and videos were blurry, especially when downloading. Also not sure if the videos are limited to :06 or that's just what the teachers did. I also think that the auto-population for food makes it less likely that the teachers actually update appropriately.

Casey Ann Z.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Love this app

I love how easy this app is to use. At a touch of a button I can find out when and what my 2 year old ate, how long he napped, when he had his diaper changed, and photos of his activity throughout the day! I also like that I can see these updates in real-time. Our previous daycare used a different app that wouldn’t allow us to see his daily updates until his teacher signed him out at the end of the day.

Pros

Ease of use, real-time updates/entries, clear photos, and way communication with teachers

Cons

I don’t have a con for this app. It provides us with everything we need.

JA

Jennifer A.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Put your mind at ease!!

Love it will continue to use it and spead not but good words about it!

Pros

The parents are able to see updates and goals meet. They can see what their loved ones are doing that day. Gives a peace of mind to everyone. Very easy to send out mass messages to all parents in case of school closing or delays. Also send to email account as well.

Cons

I feel like the check in and check out could update faster. Also maybe to prompt teachers to send the parents updates if they have not.

SS

Stephanie S.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Best reporting system.out there!

We tried many other reporting systems for our school to severyone and communicate with our parents but Hi Mama has been hands down our favorite and our parents love it! As a director/owner of my childcare center my personal.favorite feature is that our super odors can review each entry for each student on reports overview and see if there are excited tries missing before the report get sent out to...

Pros

Reports overview feature to see all students activities in one classroom to see any missing entries.

MA

Michelle A.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

HiMama Keeps Mama's Happy

I like that I can communicate with their caregivers whenever I may need to and the quick response time I have received upon doing so. In a world where safety and health are top priorities these days, HiMama allows you to have that peace of mind necessary.

Pros

HiMama keeps first-time or worried parents updated on the status of their child while they are in daycare. You can see what they are doing, eating, how long they slept, and even get pictures to brighten up your day. I love being able to track what my child is doing while I am working, without having to worry about whether or not he is happy or being taken care of properly.

Cons

Sometimes I would like to save the pictures that have been sent to me of my child but that is not possible through the App and I have had to request by email a copy of that photograph. Maybe you guys could update this feature in the future?

DM

Deepa M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Used HiMama for daycare

Overall good, I would like better quality media of my kids

Pros

Easy, I know where to find everything, I can turn off notifications

Cons

The pictures of my kids (or videos) are low quality

AB

Artem B.

Photography, self-employed

A very convenient service for parents whose child attends daycare

Pros

I use the HiMama service to interact with my son's daycare. We receive information about what's happening during the day, how the activities are going, and how our son spends his time in daycare. Teachers send us photos and short videos of our son, showing what the children are eating and which games they are playing. This gives us the feeling that we are always up-to-date. The HiMama interface is simple and intuitive. You can send messages and communicate with teachers through chat, which is convenient when you can't talk on the phone. The service has a web version and a phone app. The service helps us stay more informed and participate in our child's life. We can see how he's developing, what makes him happy, and what successes he's making in his studies.

Cons

Expand the functionality for teachers so that they can provide educational materials and track the progress of their completion by children

HU

Helen U.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

My feedback

It’s a very efficient App for any parent on the go. The ease of being able to communicate with the child’s caregiver is very helpful.

Pros

I love the functionality to be able to communicate with the caregiver directly through the App. It’s efficient in that I don’t have to exit out of the App to write a note or email. I love the fact that the pictures can be downloaded as well which is a nice option to have.

Cons

I would like the functionality of being able to download the video content! Another functionality would be if the parents contact info could be provided through the app to schedule play dates etc. last functionality would be to be able to forward a cute video or picture to a fellow parent in the class.