Lillio Logo

Child care app for center management, parent communication.

Lillio Reviews - Page 4

3,608 reviews

ZB

Zahra B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Very high return on investment

Four stars, one less for certain buggy features

Pros

I like the access that this provides me as a parent. As a former board member at the daycare, I know it has improved administration by cutting down on paperwork, providing easy attendance and database management, and allowing easier communication with parents. This has saved a lot of staff time, which is now spent in programming and the additional work required to safely run a centre during the pandemic.

Cons

Sometimes features are buggy, for example,photos don't always load, and I don't see messages that my partner sends through the app to teachers, but I will receive the replies to them.

BV

Britney V.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Great for Parents!

HiMama has been great!! Our school has been able to keep us informed with our children's day with ease, and I look forward to getting photos and videos through the app. I wish all school were able to have something like this!!

Pros

I love being able to see pictures and videos of my children while they're at school. It gives me insight into their activities! The daily report is a great feature at the end of the day that summarizes everything that was logged throughout the day. It makes it easy to know how snack and nap time went that day.

Cons

I wish there was an ability to message the school through the app or ask questions regarding what is happening in some of the photos/videos they post.

KY

Karen Y.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

HiMama Review

Their were issues of not finding all the domains pertaining to school age children

Pros

Able to communicate, upload and share images with families. Makes observations simple and quick to complete, especially when it’s the same comments for multiple children. Administration can easily access and monitor all rooms and all communication Easily and efficiently.

Cons

Using it for staffing hours was a challenge since it records real time and it was dependent on the administrator to edit changes only and I found I had to verify staffing hours daily. Children’s attendance- ministry still wants to see hard copy and printing the attendance from HiMama would be too many pages since record shows all the check in and out times daily.

AB

Anne B.

Internet, 501-1,000 employees

Good, with room for improvements

I use it to see what my child did every day. Photo viewing is the most important use to me.

Pros

Each days report is well structured, notifications are good

Cons

The way pictures, video are handled. I don’t upload- only view but pictures are hard to see/zoom in on. If i zoom to much it flicks to the previous pic. Would be better if pics could be uploaded in full resolution and i could download on to phone. The app should also get renamed- it’s obviously just as much for dads and other family members.

51-200 employees

I use the HiMama app to keep up with my child at daycare, so far it has been an average experience.

Pictures of my child as he goes about his day, peace of mind as a paren, information on how my childs day went at daycare. I would like to see this extended to into the school system, if this has not already be done. I have another child in JR.Kindergarten who i would love to get updates and pictures from their teachers here and there.

Pros

I love that I can get pictures of my child throughout the day as well as detailed report from the daycare provider, however the use of the daycare generalize to the APP which can be negative depending on what type of information the parent receives throughout the day.

Cons

Other than the photos and the Report, I do see what other features I can used on this app. The app itself is not as user friendly as it could be.

BT

Blessing T.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Get involved in your child's , life at the tap of a button.

Pros

It's super easy to use ,I can easily access daily updates about my child's daily activities. I admire the fact that I can view the update immediatelyafter they'vebeen sent. My previous daycare used a different app that wouldn’t enable me to see his daily updates as a parent . I've never been more present in my child's life like I am now , I'm proud to say I'm his mom cause I know quite a lot of things about him now that I'm using this app.

Cons

I dislike the fact that the app doesn't allow me to upload my child's videos and other medi sent to me .

KC

Khara C.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

Hi Mama Thank you

Having had my child switch rooms and have multiple teachers provide updates the one thing I do not like is the consistency of the reporting. My daughters room now sends all of their activities, meal schedules and what they ate (or didn't eat), bathroom schedules and photos. The previous rooms provided little to no details. This is not on the fault of the HI Mama App but of the teachers reporting out.

Pros

This app has been wonderful especially for being a new mom. It keeps me up to date on my child's progress throughout the day and has the option to send photos of daily activities. Working at a computer all day and constantly in and out of meetings, the random pictures and updates that come through make my day so much better.

Cons

Other apps have the capability of paying tuition on the app, I think this would be beneficial to have a one stop shop for my child's daily needs for daycare. The app itself for what it IS set up to do couldn't be better and I appreciate my daycare provider giving us the peace of mind to get regular updates on our children.

KT

Katie T.

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

I love himama as a user and a parent

I love himama and highly recommend.

Pros

I loved knowing about my child’s day and detailed information. I liked the check in and out process and the easy communication and use. I highly suggest himama to all daycares as it eases a lot of worries for parents.

Cons

I wish it had a timed time that reports would go out. Some days I’d wait and get my daughters report at 10pm because the provider forgot to release it.

RD

Rebecca D.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Time saver

We are so happy with Himama, it saves us all time and keep everything in one place. The parents LOVE the program.

Pros

Everything is in one place! The parents love the daily reports and the photos of the child's day and classroom activities. The menu and lesson plans are easy to view. The staff have more time is spend with the children because, everything is in one place. They are able to put the class lesson plans and calendar into Himama as well as keeping up with developmental skills of each child. The directors are able to find enrollment, attendance of the children and staff in one place.

Cons

Not being told when updates change something on the program.

KC

Kim C.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Happy with product

This app has given parents the knowledge of our field of Early Childhood and for many opened their eyes to what Educators are doing and what their child does during their time with an Educator at a child care location.

Pros

It gives the Educators in the classroom the ease of attendance, keeping parents informed on what their child is accomplishing and documentation

Cons

At this time there isn't anything that we really dislike.

JL

Jerry L.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Very good app to keep in touch, could use some finessing

Over it's great, the push notification, and app load/performance and click to access content depth is great.

Pros

The categories are well separated with the dashboard being the most useful glance of everything "my child" today. A feed of reports, images and notices is great.

Cons

There's some interactive issues on iOS where the sensitivity is too much, sometimes just scrolling could trigger images opening, have to keep going back. There's some issues with the modal and zooming, after zooming sometimes it gets stuck and I can't close the media. The calendar only navigates week by week or day by day, wish there was a date picker where I can look back at some older content.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Mom's Best Friend

Love it. This has somewhat become a criteria when I evaluate other daycare or presale. I love the fact that I feel that I am up to date with my child's daily activity.

Pros

I love this app! I feel very lucky that our daycare chooses to use this. I get update on activities (video and photos) as well general status (eg. meal, diaper change) and other chat functions. It gives me such a peace of mind knowing exactly what my kid is up too...it is always the highlight of my day to receive pictures/videos.

Cons

The lack of ability to bulk save all photos and video. I setup a reminder to go in the app and save them once a month. This is quite a boring and time consuming task.

KM

Katie M.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Lucky Mom

Pros

I love getting to feel like I have an inside scoop to my little guy’s day - menu, diaper changes, naps, and photos of play. I have some friends whose daycares use a log book, but I get to catch this info in real time from my phone at work and don’t have to wait until pickup to hear about it. Honestly, it was a huge factor in keeping me going through the emotional trial of going back to work and leaving him at a full time centre.

Cons

It does this weird thing where you can’t enlarge a picture once you click on it (phone version). I had some trouble in the beginning as software was being updated too, missing emails etc. but the support staff was surprisingly responsive and most of the problems were alleviated by just keeping the app on my phone and not relying on the email service.

ND

Neha D.

Consumer Electronics, 10,001+ employees

Blessing for parents

My experience with this app has been great! It’s providing me daily information about my daughter’s progress at the daycare. I am able to view pictures l/ videos uploaded by the daycare and that gives a sense of satisfaction to see my baby growing and learning esp when I’m at work. The app has helped us receive notices and important announcements from the daycare instantly and communicate with the entire staff at daycare conveniently.

Pros

Hi Mama app is affordable and convenient to use. As a parent it’s been a blessing to have this app as my daughter’s daycare is able to upload her daily reports (food habits, sleep routine on it) pictures/videos and we are able to communicate with all the staff members at the same time. It’s not limited to just one person in the family so my husband and I both have easy access to this app.

Cons

I like all features of this app. No complaints.

JM

Joan M.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great for keeping track of children But

Families seem to love the communication with the center through this app. They love seeing the pictures of their children during the day. The message part of the app is frustrating though as described above.

Pros

Great for keeping counts of children and in which classroom they are participating.

Cons

The message portion of the app needs help. It would be helpful to be able to search for all messages with a particular child's family. And, if responses to emails could be posted to the top based on when they were sent. Also, the view of a sent email with an attachment does not contain the attachment. That is a problem when using this for documentation of communications. Having a count of the total children enrolled would be nice too.

Christopher M.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Daycare app

We started using this app when we came to a new daycare. It is very easy to use and it keeps us up to date with what is going on in our child’s daily classroom experience.

Pros

I like the ability to see photos, view schedules, and look at curriculum notes.

Cons

Sometimes I would have to sign in on my phone, it would forget my credentials.

WA

Wahnese A.

Law Enforcement, 10,001+ employees

Enterpreneur

Pros

I took an entrepreneurial course in university and recommended this application to two of my colleagues who was starting a daycare type business. The financial backers really liked the idea of the hi mama app as most of them have kids and like the instantaneous information rather than having for wait to pick the child up. And even then the workers can’t always remember what each child has done. Personally - I like the ease of use and the ease of communication AND the photos!

Cons

Mostly the formatting when I send a message. I send my sons schedule over the messenger portion and I send it with each line as a date - so lots of “returns” - That doesn’t show up like that when I send it to the daycare workers - it shows up as all one line which can make it difficult to read

Georges T.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

LILLIO FOR US!!!

I think if you're looking for a quick and easy way to share the kids' activities, from the most fun moments to the most successful, do what I do, use LILLIO!

Pros

Lillio is a great piece of software for those of us in charge of toddlers. It helps me enormously in managing my staff's schedules, planning the children's progress and organizing meetings with parents via SMS notifications. It allows me to keep them informed of the progress of activities with their children. Without doubt one of the best in its field, in my humble opinion.

Cons

So useful that I hardly noticed the inconvenience.

TR

Tiago R.

Program Development, self-employed

The awesome Himama app

Overall, my experience with Himama has been nice. The app offers a comprehensive set of features that are easy to use and help educators save time. While there are some concerns about the cost and limited customization, the app's benefits outweigh these drawbacks. I would recommend Himama to any early childhood educator looking for an app to help them manage their daily operations more efficiently.

Pros

The app has a simple and intuitive user interface, making it easy for parents to navigate through the app's features. It offers a wide range of features, including attendance tracking, daily reports, and parent communication, among others helping people to save time by automating tasks such as creating daily reports and communicating with parents. Also the app's parent communication features allow parents to stay informed about their child's daily activities, fostering better engagement between parents and educators.

Cons

The app requires a monthly subscription fee, which may be a concern for some educators and I have reported experiencing technical issues, such as slow loading times and glitches.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Simple but great App for parents

Overall it's a great app for parents. It has all the basis features parents want but it lacks some "Wow" factors. Performance is an issue but luckily it has a simple interface.

Pros

As a parents, I am glad we have this tool to communicate with the daycare staffs as well as getting information, pictures and progress of our child. Glad that they have finally able to download the pictures (this was one of the most asked features) Overall it's very easy to navigate and simple interface.

Cons

Although we can now download pictures from the Apps, it would be nicer that we can download bulk instead of one at a time. While pictures are downloadable, video download is still an issue and I hope they can add it back very soon. The app is a bit slow for loading or changing pages.

SJ

Sarah J.

Philanthropy, self-employed

Glitches, errors, inability to manage without premium

Again, there are many reasons why I am dissatisfied with this app. I am currently looking into other companies and the only reason why I have not switched already is due to the inconvenience to myself and my parents.

Pros

Parent access, cost (initially), free trial,

Cons

There are many glitches and limitations. I find it very ridiculous that I am not able to edit or manage my own account without paying for the premium service when it is not required for what I use it for as a home daycare owner/provider. there are many glitches and limitations. I couldn’t even change my time-zone. I find it very ridiculous that I am not able to edit or manage my own account without...

AC

Amanda C.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Himama is very user friendly and makes our job easier at our daycare centre.

Easier communication and connection with parents at our child care centre.

Pros

It is easy to understand and use. They are constantly updating the features to make them better. The app works well on a variety of devices and the software is also quite visually bright and engaging. The customer support is wonderful, they always get back to you quickly and with comprehensive answers.

Cons

If we had to pick one thing, it would be the reset time for the classes. Sometimes if children are signed out and reports sent late in the day, the next morning the class still isn't reset to start over, and then we have to manually check students back in.

VH

Victoria H.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

My Hi-Mama experience

supplies. Getting tokens of school closings through the messages. Indeed I benefit since I can be educated regarding what my kid is doing what they realize. At the point when my youngster returns home we take a gander at the photographs together and my kid shows me their companions.

Pros

The HiMama application saves our staff time by decreasing desk work and permits us to zero in additional on the youngsters. Our staff can impart updates and reports to guardians with the snap of a button.

Cons

Unlike most of its top competitors, the software does not have enrollment management features

NF

Nisha F.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Amazing tool for parent communication

Pros

As a working parent, I rely on the updates from HiMama so I am kept up to date with my child throughout the day. The app is easy to use, sending me notifications when the daycare posts something. I like that I can reply to the pictures. The function to write messages to the daycare and receive messages is very convenient.

Cons

The app and website is very user friendly. The only thing that I would suggest is somehow synching the emails and notifications for the app because it can confusing to receive an email with just a heading and showing no image, and then having to get into the app to see the full post.

VN

Vicki N.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

My Parents Love HiMama

I only have had a couple of issues with this system, it was a matter of reinstalling the program on one of the tablets and making sure I had enough internet (fast enough) so that videos and pictures would download. So basically it wasn't the HiMama program, it was exsisting internet. I would never think of canceling my subscription. My parents adore the program. I am currently the only daycare in my small town that uses HiMama and that haas been a nice drawing incentive for enrollment.

Pros

Customer Service can't be beat! I'm not a tech person - very old school- but the helpline and customer service is the tops with this company and they won't stop until you're happy and confident. Sends a report to director every week by email that shows use by each class and catagory. This is most helpful in seeing where utilization needs to improve.

Cons

I wish that when you enter an activity, that it would automatically pull up the skills/GELDS that are associated with that particular activity.