Lillio Logo

Child care app for center management, parent communication.

Lillio Reviews - Page 5

3,608 reviews

AD

Ashley D.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Daily breath of fresh air

It has been such a breeze using HiMama. Sending a note to the school or getting in contact with school is so easy, and convenient. The response time is so quick.

Pros

This is such a great convenient way to update parents throughout the day while they are in daycare. You are able to see what they are doing, eating, how long they sleep, and get pictures all throughout the day. It is amazing to be able to get this update daily, and is such a good feeling being a first time mom and being so nervous sending your baby off to school.

Cons

Some times the pictures are hard to get. They will be there, and you try to click on them and then you cant get out of it. Saving the photo isn't that easy either. There should be an easier way to navigate through the day and pictures.

RS

Rio S.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Satisfied with this app

Pros

I like the ease of use and ability to set notifications. I like the ability to download photos that are posted of my child(ren) at school. I like getting a daily report of what my child(ren) did that day and being able to message with teachers when needed.

Cons

Honestly, the name needs to be changed. I hate that it's called "hiMama". As my husband puts it, it's like a middle finger to all the dads who are also managing their children's care. It reinforces the stereotype that moms are the primary caregivers, while being an app for parents who need daycare because they BOTH work.

mB

marissa B.

Facilities Services, self-employed

HANDS DOWN 10 / 10!! how did i live without 'Hi Mama' before!?!

like i said i have such a great journey thus far, There isnt a day goes by that i dont use

Pros

i love how they took every thing that we struggle with in a childcare center such as payments, attendance, ext .. Even when things go not as planned and children need to stay home hi mama has whats called "distance learning " i believe .. .i have unfortunately needed to use this more then i would like but life happens and im just glad that ' hi mama' is always there to help me conect with the child even when not able to join class

Cons

i really dont think that i had any cons, the price was right, they offered a free trail, as well as many different budget friendly options, its built with everyone in mind.. staff, parents and even the children themself. The only thing i could complain about regarding this app is what took you sooo long i could have used you 5 years ago!! LOL

RK

Raquel K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

Great App for parents.

I really like the APP. I more connected with my child’s daycare. I love getting pictures through the app and the daily updates let me know if my child has eaten, napped well or is having a rough day. The teachers can send me notes to bring supplies in or let me know any concerns as well.

Pros

Easy to use. Love that I can see what my child is doing throughout the day. I can email teachers and the administrators with any questions or concerns about my child or her day.

Cons

I wish you could add personal notes to the calendar section to remind yourself of things like snack day, picture day and holidays. I would love for app to be able to give reminders for special events.

JD

Jessica D.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Child Care App

This app was completely new to me when I enrolled my daughter in daycare in 2019. I am so happy that her child care facility uses the app, as I rely on it every day as a means of seeing how her day was, all the fun things she did, and all the nutritional information I need to know regarding meals and sleep. I feel very connected with everything that is going on, and it is very easy to communicate with the direction and teachers through the messaging app. I also love that it alerts you when your child has been dropped off and checked in. Very convenient for shared drop-offs/pick-ups between parents and other family members.

Pros

The ease of use, along with the numerous amounts of visuals, information regarding my daughter at daycare (sleep times, meal times, diaper change times, etc.) are all recorded and easily accessible at night when I want to review her day. It makes it easy for both her child care teachers, as well as myself.

Cons

I cannot see certain things until the full report is published at the end of the day (ie. sleep times).

JK

Jeanette K.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to use App

Pros

I like the reports I get from daycare. I also like that I can email the teacher. I love that I can set up notifications when there is an update. I enjoy getting pictures and notes. Milestones is a cute addition. My favorite part is seeing what she has eaten and if my child napped. Very important info!

Cons

I don't like that when you send an email the only two options are send the message to the director and teacher or the director only. I don't think it's necessary the director gets some emails such as running late today etc. Picture have never uploaded for me to send the teacher as requested.

Abby N.

Wonderful tool

Our parents are so well informed of the process of education and how our program is trying to lead our town in early education.

Pros

The program helps to narrow the focus of the directors daily expectations for the teachers to implement and educating the parents on achievements of our program. The photo sharing is wonderful and the access to constant communication for the parents is a must in the digital day!

Cons

My wish is that one day all of our food program could be inincorporated into HiMama so our teachers on input meals on one site.

MN

Mbalenhle N.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

I no longer worry as much as I would about my child

Pros

The sign in and sign off feature: it lets you see when your child arrived because as someone who doesn't take her child to school, you worry about car accidents etc. You can see how well your child is adapting to school, if they had a disagreement with another child because children tend to hide certain things and end up lying about being sick in order to not attend school. It honestly feels like you're watching over your child like a guardian but from work.

Cons

As a new user, I have no problems with the application, I have not encountered problems like other parents with multiple children encounter.

MC

Mary C.

Is one touch in most cases but needs more flexibility and the ability to adjust a report. Need to be able to fill out reports per child. Director/Owner needs to be able to adjust reports. People, especially Private Home Based Users will not risk losing income by a report that needs adjustment or is missing items. Videos have proven difficult to upload. Need to be able to add activities to students...

Cons

Hi Mrs. Collins, Thank you so much for your feedback. Here is some information I hope you will find helpful. Reports can be edited from the Report Preview or Reports Overview screen. The Reports Overview screen will indicate gaps in reports. You can continue to add activities to a childs report after the child has been checked out, but not once the report has been sent. Issues with video are most...

Angela N.

Glad we have it.

Pros

When we first signed up, we received an update/summary at the end of each day for our children. If teachers had a question or a note to send home, they could do so through this program and those notifications showed up in an email. Now that I have the HiMama app on my smart phone, I enjoy it even more because I receive updates throughout the day about my children. Using the app or simply logging into the website, you have the option to also message your child's teachers throughout the day. This program, whether you have the app on your phone or not, is a great way to stay connected while you are away from your child.

Cons

It takes time to learn how to navigate the site. Otherwise, no complaints as of yet.

LR

Lisa R.

Law Enforcement, 201-500 employees

Preschool

I loved being able to know my baby was alright while I was busy working. It just giving that peace of mind.

Pros

It was great when I went back to work leaving my little one and getting updates all day long including photos. Puts my mind at ease seeing her and knowing she was ok. It was easy to use and operate also allowed me to share with others.

Cons

For the baby stage they would tell me that she ate but I wasn’t able to see what she ate or a menu attached not sure if it was the school or not able to. There were also times were I could only see photos and no information about her day to day activities.

BK

Burak K.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Great app for receiving daily updates and photos from your childcare provider

I love using HiMama when my kid is at the childcare centre, as it gives me a peace of mind as to how my kid is doing when we are apart during the day.

Pros

I like the most that HiMama helps you track your kid's daily activities and meals as well as their general development and wellbeing when they are at the childcare centre. I also like receiving my kid's photos and communicating with the teachers during the day whenever we need to.

Cons

I really cannot think of anything maybe except for the user interface, which I think can be improved to be made more colourful and user-friendly.

MS

Marlina S.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Great start for a daycare

Overall great and easy to use.

Pros

I always enjoyed the daily report about what my kid is up to and also some pictures from the school.

Cons

Pictures’ quality is low, I’m not sure if this depends on the pictures uploaded or just the app compressing the pictures.

LM

Liz M.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

A connection to my child’s day

HiMama doesn’t just give me a connection with my child throughout the day, it also makes it super easy to connect to my child’s teachers. I can see what activities my child will be participating in during the day and I can send a quick note to a teacher when needed. I wouldn’t want to live without it!!

Pros

I love getting notifications of a photo or an activity my child is participating in during the day. I feel connected and it’s also something we enjoy talking about together (and my child enjoys seeing the pictures too) at the end of the day.

Cons

It took me a little bit to figure out how to navigate but I eventually got the hang of it 😊

BR

Brenda R.

Hi Mama is the best Communication Portal

Pros

Hi Mama has helped us to better communicate with our parents. The price is great and affordable. Helps us manage ratios and have better control of our staffing.

Cons

I don't really dislike anything about the program.

ML

Mallory L.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Pretty good but room for improvement

Overall have enjoyed keeping up with my child’s day while away. Always wish care providers had more time to upload more photos but I know they’re busy!

Pros

It shows what’s most important to know about my child’s day and I like the organized report. Love the photo capability of course.

Cons

User interface could be better organized - mainly the labels/tabs at the bottom. Glitchy switching between tabs at bottom and especially when switching between home and report screens. I often must close out of app and let it refresh to get it to work. Doesn’t automatically refresh much after notifications have been sent. Misses photo notifications often. Wish it showed times when meals are input by providers - it shows times for all other entries so not sure why not for meals?

Alison N.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Amazing app (although needs small improvements)

Like I mentioned earlier, this app helps me understand my child’s day, let’s me know what she’s learning and how happy she is. Chips off a little bit of the mom guilt.

Pros

I loved that I was able to download the pictures that the daycare teacher took of my child. As a working mom that isn’t with my child during work hours 5 days a week, it’s gets tough. But seeing how many activities she has and how much she is annoying herself takes the guilt away. This app also allows me to monitor what she eats, her nap schedule and bowel movements which tells me if she is eating or drinking enough, if she’s tired when she comes home and if I need to top up anything during the week/weekend. It honestly just gives me a peace of mind. Absolutely love it! A daycare that uses this shows me they care and that they are transparent about how they treat my child.

Cons

Although great, this app doesn’t have the ability to download videos!!! My child has been going for mini dance classes in daycare and it’s a shame I can’t save or share them. The home/picture virtual button is sometimes unresponsive, but like any other software, there’s lots to load and it happens. It doesn’t happen too often so I’m not especially bothered by it but could be an improvement.

CS

Casandra S.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Was not able to use this app and was denied a reimbursement!!

The initial salespeople are extremely pleasant and will tell you anything you want to hear just to sell you this app. Once you pay for it, you truly find out how limited the app is and the fact that it is not fully functional for a Florida school. You are then left to the mercy of not so pleasant people who could care less about your experience or your review. DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR SALES PITCH! I am out hundreds of dollars and I did not use the app for a single day of my daycare being open.

Pros

I liked the idea of the parent communication feature. Yet was not able to use the feature, as I discovered after being given access to the app that it did not have the necessary features needed in a Florida daycare setting to comply with all necessary documentation needs. I therefore cancelled before my actual subscription began and was denied the refund of the months I had prepaid for.

Cons

This app does not have the administrative functions needed to document all areas needed to keep up with Florida Certifications. I asked if they had everything we needed multiple times before purchase and only realized once given access (after I paid for a subscription), that it did not have the tools for that documentation. When I called (during my FREE month of subscription, before my paid for subscription even began) they denied me any refund, even though they admitted that 4 other daycares had cancelled their subscriptions for this same reason. I was led to believe this would have everything we needed and when it was clear it did not, they would not reimburse my payment, even though we were still in the trial month.

We have been in contact with Cassandra and have reviewed this case. This was a misunderstanding and we've reached out to rectify this with the customer.

AB

Amanda B.

Dairy, 11-50 employees

Happy Mom!

Over all my experience has been great! I absolutely think this app is an awesome way to stay in touch and informed with out little ones while they are not in our care.

Pros

I love that I can see how my son's days are. I can see what he eats, how long he naps and all of his bathroom breaks. His teachers take a lot of photos, I look forward to seeing these photos. I love that I can see all my invoices.

Cons

The food options of none, some, all. Sometimes I feel staff just fill these out with out being 100% accurate. A lot of things it says my son eats I know he wouldn't

LP

Lisa Pretulac P.

Raves for HiMama

We have stopped having to write on multiple papers each day for the children, and parents can now pay online without having to worry about bringing cash or cheques. We can add activities and photos for the children that parents can access for life, and don't have to print them out anymore!

Pros

The HiMama app is very user friendly, and makes it easy for us to keep track of important information each day for our children and pass it on to parents. It also makes it easy for parents to pay the daycare, and for the staff to log their hours . The staff are responsive to listening to concerns or trying to add features to the app that satisfy the needs of the users.

Cons

We are actually very satisfed with this app, and I can't think of anything we really don't like about it!

MC

Michelle C.

Great for cost

We save time for sure

Pros

Makes communicating with parents easier. Less paper

Cons

We upload a ton of photos and it seems to take a while. Some of my teachers who have used other software like theirs better. I’ve never used anyone else’s, but I like Hi Mama

SS

Saher S.

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

Review for HiMama

Pros

The navigation of this app is so smooth and easy that anyone can use it.It helps it tracking down the regular data and the other reports as well.It also has a feature of parent messaging that makes it easy to communicate and coordinate well.The customer support is also good and responds on real time

Cons

The only feature that is not good is that it sometimes dont let the image to get downloaded or uploaded Otherwise overall their is no such drawback.

LA

Lindsay A.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

HiMama keeps us connected

Pros

My favourite thing about HiMama is that it allows an immediate update of my child’s status directly to my phone or smart watch through both the app and email, especially important being a parent to a child with special needs. I also love sharing my child’s photos with his “crew” ie. grandparents

Cons

My only issue with HiMama is that the App Store on my iPhone does not tell me when there is an update to the HiMama app. I have had the app stop working before I realized that it just needed to be updated, which I had to search for in the apple store

AP

Audrey P.

International Affairs, 1,001-5,000 employees

Happy Mama

From a user perspective it seems the program works very well, from invoicing and the app. No complaints just many other parents telling us they wish their school had the same!

Pros

I was absolutely delighted to discover the HiMama app when my eldest started nursery. We now use it for both of our daughters. We love following their days and getting updates from her teachers. It’s been so reassuring as a parent. We added her grandparents who live across the globe and they love feeling like they are there with them.

Cons

There have been some errors in past invoices but as we are just on the receiving end it’s hard for us to know if this is a software glitch or human error. That said they were very quickly resolved!

ND

Nicole D.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

Peace of mind for parents and providers

We needed a way to effectively communicate with parents in real time. We didn't want to wait to give parents updates at the end of the day or to send pictures via personal cell phones. HiMama has solved all of those problems and has allowed us to be paper free.

Pros

It allows direct communication with parents at all points of the day. Not only does it allow us to send updates about points of care throughout the day but it allows us to send photos and sweet notes as well. Our parents and staff value this tool highly.

Cons

It can occasionally glitch or not load properly for a bit. I don't know of any app/software/website that this doesn't happen to though.