HiMama

Child care app for documentation and parent engagement

visit website

HiMama Reviews

Pros

I really loved the amount of tools and reports also the functionalities HiMama provides. The price in comparison to the return value to outstanding and very commendable.

ibrahim s.

Love the updates throughout the day. Love the reports and the ability for photos and videos to come through.

Megan S.

The price is great and affordable. Helps us manage ratios and have better control of our staffing.

Brenda R.

Cons

I am a worried mom , just like a lot of other moms. I worry that I don’t spend enough time with my child , that I’m not always as attentive as I can be , I worry that sometimes I work too much.

Becky M.

Not so much the software that I have a problem with as to the amount your people call and email me. It makes me feel obligated and pressured when I shouldn't feel that way.

Donna-Marie O.

I did not find a thing about this app that I could find wrong with or criticize.

Brenda T.

4.6

2,007

3,035 reviews

HiMama Daily Reports

Transcript

Ashley: Hi, I'm Ashley, and I'm a director in childcare. And I give HiMama a five. Before we selected...

Nash Zackary and mommy

Transcript

Liz W: Hi, I'm Liz. I'm an educational assistant. I work in the educational industry, and I give this...

Love this app

I love how easy this app is to use. At a touch of a button I can find out when and what my 2 year old ate, how long he napped, when he had his diaper changed, and photos of his activity throughout the day! I also like that I can see these updates in real-time. Our previous daycare used a different app that wouldn’t allow us to see his daily updates until his teacher signed him out at the end of the day.

Pros

Ease of use, real-time updates/entries, clear photos, and way communication with teachers

Cons

I don’t have a con for this app. It provides us with everything we need.

HiMama is a gem

Overall, I am very happy with my choice to implement HiMama in my school. The parents, and prospective parents , are impressed with the level of communication it allows us to have throughout the day. As an educator, I am please to be able to monitor the types of activities my teachers are providing the children and like that the Development Evidence provides a snapshot of this information for me, both as a Director and a parent. We recently added on the Development Assessment feature, which was the one thing that had previously been missing for me. I feel that HiMama is now a comprehensive tool that makes communication among teachers, parents, and administration the best it can be.

Pros

I like the ability to send messages, either to an individual, a classroom, or to the entire center. It makes communication with my families quite easy. I also like that I have the ability to send a whole school text blast (if needed) for more emergent matters. While I haven't used that feature yet, it gives me peace of mind knowing I can reach all my families in an emergency. I also like the real time classroom counts, the attendance reports, and the wealth of information it provides parents.

Cons

When uploading activities/lesson plans, it would be helpful for the teachers to have the ability to save a week's plans. This would allow teachers to copy and paste frequently used activities, which would in turn,save them time when inputting plans. I also am not fond of certain adjectives used to describe the "mood" of a child, when , without context, can be misunderstood by a parent. I have instructed my teachers to only use positive descriptors and to save other adjectives for in person communication.

HiMama Daycare Parent User

this app was great at tracking my kid at daycare which is critical for both parents and daycare employees

Pros

This software was helpful in keeping up with my little boy at daycare; they used the app and had the parents download and use the app too. I was able to see pictures of our kid throughout the day, see what meals he was eating, when he was last changed, activities that he was participating in, etc.

Cons

the app was overall pretty good, not sure there are many cons. I was only a user, so I did not know what the app cost to roll out as an expense to the daycare.

Great preface, rough interface

It started out a little odd but once we got it up and running we were happy until we started seeing all the weird quirks. You can’t put in a student our parents address we put them in notes which was odd, the billing aspect is awful you can’t connect families, it started out a little odd but once we got it up and running we were happy until we started seeing all the weird quirks. You can’t put in a student our parents address we put them in notes which was odd, the billing aspect is awful you can’t connect families, no immunization record keeping. It’s fit for businesses that do not have to keep specific record keeping for tax purposes .

Pros

Looks great, easy for parents to use, checking in and out is easy. Easy to create tuition plans.

Cons

All the behind the scenes billing is awful. Nothing makes sense for bookkeeping purposes.

himama review

himama has allowed for me to stay connected to my child at daycare while i’m at work. it’s great to be able to see videos/pictures and as well get updates on other pertinent information.

Pros

pros include being able to connect parents/guardians with their children throughout the day. also like how it is easy to navigate the app.

Cons

app does experience glitches from time to time. also do not like that you can’t save videos to your phone

Saves me time and money

Overall I feel that this is one of the best things that I have done for my business. Attendance reports are easy to view and print off, I can easily access and share menus, calendars, messages, and alerts. I can't imagine ever going back to the way that I used to do things.

Pros

I absolutely love this program. I went from taking hours filling out reports to just minutes. It has greatly increased the communication between myself and the parents of children in care. I also feel that it looks much more professional than hastily scribbled notes passed on to parents at the end of the day.

Cons

Price was a big obstacle for me. Having to pay in advance rather than monthly meant I had to rearrange finances to make things work and I know that this is a major issue when I reccomend this program to others.

Great asset to our childcare program

I think this is a great asset to our program, and I could not imagine having to go back to the pen and paper method of daily reporting. My parents and staff love this program!

Pros

I love how easy HiMama is to use, and that it was very simple to teach my educators to use as well. It has a great parent app, and our parents love to be able to check out their children's reports each day. It has really increased our level of communication and customer service.

Cons

It seems that parents are not able to download picture directly off that app as we seem to have some parents that email asking for us to send them the pictures directly. I haven't looked in to this yet, but it a common request I get.

HiMama Daily Reports

We have been using HiMama for a couple years now and have loved it. Our parents love the pictures and information they receive. We love that we’re able to add the standards to our lessons so our families can see what we are working on with their children. The standards are already programmed into the software.

Pros

We love this program at our childcare center. They have more than stepped up to help us during COVID and families being home. They now provide daily lessons to send to our families, more data features to store temperatures, and they support team is beyond compare.

Cons

We really have no complaints with this program. If we could make suggestions we would suggest the ability to attach more than one attachment to class emails and being able to send a little longer video through the app.

Himama at Heatherwood

We have had a great experience, and feel like there have been regular updates that make the program better. The technical support is amazing and we were able to help push through the "parent sign in" feature that supported us through changing state regulations.

Pros

Communicates between signing in and classroom tablets, the app is great for parents, easy to do number checks for classrooms and to have kids "visit" classrooms when condensing at end of night.

Cons

The developmental stages are a little " cookie cutter"

A must app for daycares!

Pros

The best thing about the software is that it is very user friendly, very easy for my clients to use it. More over it has alot of features which helps our daycare.

Cons

A little liberty to customize certain feature are not there.

It's the best child care management platform I found

I tried a few other programs prior to Himama. I was less impressed with the services and the tech support with those. Himama seems to be the only program with a balance of family/teacher communication and administration aspects without buying each segment separately. As a teacher AND administrator I see both sides of that and as a small private Early Childhood center I need an affordable system. And now with the Ounce package added on, we can save time, paper and trouble proving that we track individual development as well. But the best thing about Himama are the customer support and tech teams.

Pros

Actually the best thing about Himama is the responsiveness of the tech team behind the platform. I have submitted many ideas to improve the service, to assist us in billing, tracking regulated events and ease of recording and reporting information. Every time I received a quick and personal response to clarify my needs. Most of those ideas have been added over the last year to the service even though they all involved remodeling the categories in which they fit. The consistent movement to meet subscriber's needs is impressive to me.

Cons

There are still improvements to ease the need to record and report things like fire drills, but I believe they are working on it. I would also like to be able to add my own developmental categories.

Communication Breakthrough!

Our survey data from families has always focused on the lack of communication about centre happenings...not any more....since we have HiMama communication is no longer an issue. HiMama is organized, centered around the Continuum of Development which makes child observations and documentation easy - the pie graphs add a visual dimension to the app which allows staff at a glance to see which domains need addressing by staff. As a manger the weekly report confirm that the communication is happening within the centre, families are receiving their observations and families are engaged and checking items sent.

Pros

The software allows me to see at any given time child enrollment numbers, child observation data and ongoing communication with child care families. Families are purchasing a child care service on behalf of their children therefore the parents do not experience the full service directly...their children do. HiMama allows me to have connect/communicate with parents in real time keeping them up to date on centre happenings and sharing resources. This has always been the hardest part of the child care and HiMama bridges that communication gap on a daily basis.

Cons

A lot of American content......need more Canadian content.

Ratios and reports are not worth the effort it takes to click on them. Schedules useless.

Parents like getting pictures of their kids. That's basically the only useful feature so far. Everything else is way clunkier than it needs to be!

Pros

Ease of use for parents, Ease of use in the classroom. Parents like seeing photos of their children during the day.

Cons

Much of the information we are required to provide to licencing (hourly ratios for the past 3 months, meal counts, when a child is actually scheduled), are not available or are incredibly difficult to find. I need to know the ratio of children in a classroom to the ACTUAL number of staff on hand, not the number scheduled in that room. It won't let us schedule actual times for children or staff, or...

Great app to have

This app has improved our communication with our parents/guardians. It has saved a lot of administration time in keeping track of children's hours, staff hours and communicating to parents regarding their child's progress, needs, and programming. Parents are feeling more connected with what is going on in their child's learning and development. Parents and extended family members enjoy the photo journal updates. I always feel like HiMama are listening to their members as they are always implementing new features and improvements to their app.

Pros

The versatility of the HiMama tools and how it helped us with record keeping and connecting with the parents, staff and children with their progress and developmental needs. It has helped tremendously on lessen administration time with invoicing, attendance record, and staff time records. It also have features such as the meal calendar, event calendar and programming chart allowing more connection with the parents and staff.

Cons

We wish there was like a parents chat group that could be developed within the app. I know there is probably a video teaching parents how to use the app but I would say a high percentage of parents do not realize the capability/features of the app. For example, we had a parent who thought if she commented on a picture it was going to mass produce to everyone in the daycare. I guess there should be more incentive in learning about the features of the app.

Very Satisfied With HiMama

Pros

I love the interactions we can have with parents. As a parent who has children in a centre that uses HiMama I love learning about my children's day and see what they have been up to. As a coordinator I love that we are able to show parents what is going on how and show how their child(ren) are/is learning.

Cons

There isn't any huge issues. Sometimes I wish we could save items in the app and send them when we are in wifi. Sometimes things aren't sent because of internet services so that's on our internet not the software.

Mother of Four

As a parent user, I appreciate being able to communicate throughout the day with my child's teacher/caregiver if need be. I appreciate seeing pictures and reading funny stories about them that I may not get otherwise. I'm very impressed with the HiMama app and tell /show everyone that asks me about where my kids go to daycare and how I like it. See above for recommendations on what could make it better as a parent/user in my opinion.

Pros

Comparatively, having anything that allows me to see what my children are doing, how they are doing, and if and when they get into trouble or get hurt is impressive. I have 2 older children who are 11 and 14 that I did not have anything like HiMama with when they were in daycare and preschool. I appreciate the way the school uses it, but as for the app itself, I'm impressed with the email notifications so I don't have to log in to see when there is a message and I love the pictures I get to see throughout the day.

Cons

It may be my cell phone, but I cannot seem to stay logged in. I have to log in everytime and, sometimes, this can be very frustrating. I also like using the messaging system, but it just seems a little bit cumbersome. Maybe if it were set up a little more like email and be able to pre-fill and.or even save messages such as running late or my child will be absent today, that would make it a little easier to use.

Excellent product with great features

Essentially a great tool for a day to day work, with many great options. Tremendous help with customer relations.

Pros

Very easy to use, has relevant information and well - regarded by our clients. Initial scepticism was over done features presenting info in a simplified form, but it turned out to be a great idea-to simplify presentation of data.

Cons

Took some time to learn the product, but once gotten used to- great to have software. Other than learning curve we didn't see many points that would be detrimental in value.

Easy Great App

I've enjoyed the available updates and being able to have something available to me that allows me to plan for my child. As a parent, its nice to know that its already written down and available to you at any time vs having to remember information when you get home from daycare like "did she poop today?", "when was her last bottle/diaper change/nap?"

Pros

HiMama allows you to see what and when your child has been up to all day - diapers, meals, and naps are so important to helping keep an infant on schedule and HiMama does a great job. Plus we get to see pictures posted of our little one throughout the day! I appreciate having the reports at the end of each day that tell me if we're low on supplies and just generally how her day was.

Cons

I don't see her activities (tummy time, play time) and I'm not sure that's an option as part of this app (I also don't know if its already available). It would also be nice to know her mood throughout the day (happy, crying, just fine) so I know how my kid is going to be when I'm going to get her...or if I should try and get her a little early if she's had a tough day. These things are not obviously life changing as I already get the most important information already through the app.

HiMama

It has been a very easy switch to HiMama. Staff was extremely helpful in the transition from the very first conversation and we couldn't be happier with the switch!

Pros

I love how user friendly the software is. We are able to input children's information with an easy click of a button and not have to spend lots of time updating each child. The quality and look of the daily reports are fantastic and parent's love the real time updates on their children during the day.

Cons

I would love to have a notification of parent messages when on the computer, right now i don't see those as easily unless I am on the dashboard. I would also like to see a function where administrators can approve pictures and videos before they are sent to the parents.

Mother- User

Being a first time mom, the thought of leaving the most important thing in my life with complete strangers to care for my child was super stressful. Was she happy? Is she eating? Is her diaper being changed? Did she take a nap? Did she have a good/bad day? If I could only see her I would know how she is doing. The HiMama app relieves all these questions for me. I love that all this information can...

Pros

I love that the care givers can send me photos and videos of what my daughter is up to (activities, crafts, trips). I love being able to see her face and see that she is happy.

Cons

I can honestly say that I have not experienced anything that I think could use some improvement on. It does what I need it to do, and I have had all positive usage experiences with the HiMama app.

Watching Her Grow

Pros

I love having pictures sent to me throughout the day. Getting to see the smile on my child's face and knowing that she is having a good day, makes my day better. It's wonderful to be able to add family and friends to our crew as well. Those who do not get to see her regularly also get to watch her grow. Another great feature is the communication ability. As parents, it is great to know that we have immediate contact with her school at any time of the day. If we have questions or if they have any announcements or concerns, we know right away.

Cons

No matter how many times I select the log in on my desktop to remember me, it never does :( Not that this is a huge deal, but it would make it more convenient. And yes, I have it saved in my internet settings, and it works on other sites. I do use the app on my phone as well, and this always remembers and keeps me logged in. The phone app is great! I recommend it to all of my crew so that they can see her pictures at the of each day all in a row. No need to open each email, just open and scroll.

Game changer for our Child Care!

The Sales team and customer service are AWESOME! My sales rep still checks in to make make sure we do not need anything. The webinars and help center are so in depth and helpful! They have Educators on staff to make sure it is teacher friendly! I think that in itself speaks very highly for the company!

Pros

Hi Mama is very easy to learn and train staff on. It is set up so our teachers and staff are saving time in entering information and using their time to be with the children! Their messaging system is easy to use and very fast! We were able to both text and email parents when snow hit and we needed to close early. Our Parent and Teacher communication have grown considerably!

Cons

There are a few options we really need like CACFP collecting. As a child care using the Food Program it would save me a ton of time weekly by having a printable report. I also really do not like the check in process. It is a list of names which is a problem for some parents. We have a group of Foster children that should not be on a list seen by everyone so we are currently not able to use this function. I really wish they would let parents enter a 4 digit code and check in all their children at one time. This would also allow security and no list to scroll through!

Happy User

Great way to communicate with teachers and staff. Messages go straight to my work inbox which is great since I am working on my computer for hours at a time. Seems simple and not overly technical which is great for grandparents!

Pros

Easy to navigate, locate historical photos/journals, etc. Functions appropriately... easy to email teachers and staff. Teachers respond promptly, so I assume the software fits into their daily schedule nicely.

Cons

I wish I could email/message photos to myself and other family members. Or it would be great if it connected to social media and I could upload daycare photos of my kids to share with family and friends. Would also be nice if you could bulk download photos and store them or send them somewhere. I plan at some point to go back and save all of these photos to my home computer and other photo apps for safe keeping... but I've been putting it off because it's not an easy task and it will take awhile.

Love getting updates throughout the day

Pros

I enjoy getting updates on my kiddos throughout the day. It's nice to be able to reference the reports on HiMama to see what my children ate, when they slept and what activities they did at school that day. The teachers even send us pictures! My boys are just starting to talk so it's helpful that the HiMama app includes what kinds of things they were working on so that I have a better idea of what they are trying to tell me about. We also really like the messaging system because you can send a message through the app or by email. It helps keep the lines of communication open and that is reassuring.

Cons

Sometimes the reports finalize at strange times. I'll get a message 5 hrs after my kiddos have been picked up that says the report is now final. I'm not sure if it's something the teachers are doing differently on some days but it's just odd.

HiMama- great features that need higher visibility

Aside from this we are very happy with our use of the himama app, the various security features that allow us to decide what to and not to share with other family members, and the general ease of use of the app itself.

Pros

We love how our email notifications include pictures and updates directly from the app so we dont always have to login separately to see those goodies. The two way communication and messaging to and from teachers is also extremely helpful, especially when our daycare has phone line issues etc.

Cons

The two way communication and messaging to and from teachers is also extremely helpful, especially when our daycare has phone line issues etc. However, I do find that feature sometimes hidden or hard to find depending on which part of the app you are using. I wish there waa just 1 overall button (same on every page) that could be highlighted in red or something highly visible for ease of navigation