HiMama Logo
HiMama

Child care app for documentation and parent engagement

visit website

HiMama Reviews

User ratings

4.6

3.4K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.96/10

See full reviews by rating

It’s any parent’s dream come true. Plus it’s a user friendly app that guides you through the process of finding a good day care for your children.
I really loved the amount of tools and reports also the functionalities HiMama provides. The price in comparison to the return value to outstanding and very commendable.
Love the updates throughout the day. Love the reports and the ability for photos and videos to come through.
I am a worried mom , just like a lot of other moms. I worry that I don’t spend enough time with my child , that I’m not always as attentive as I can be , I worry that sometimes I work too much.
Not so much the software that I have a problem with as to the amount your people call and email me. It makes me feel obligated and pressured when I shouldn't feel that way.
I did not find a thing about this app that I could find wrong with or criticize.

3,493 reviews

Evan G.

Cloud Infrastructure Engineer

Computer Networking, 10,001+ employees

Great daycare software

Transcript

Evan G: Hi, my name is Evan. I'm a cloud engineer and I would rate HiMama a five out of five, and for...

TL

Tina L.

Director of Events

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Great for mobile access to your child’s learning and safety.

Transcript

Tina L.: My name is Tina, and I'm the Director of Events. I give HiMama a rating of four. For more reviews...

Casey Ann Z.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Love this app

I love how easy this app is to use. At a touch of a button I can find out when and what my 2 year old ate, how long he napped, when he had his diaper changed, and photos of his activity throughout the day! I also like that I can see these updates in real-time. Our previous daycare used a different app that wouldn’t allow us to see his daily updates until his teacher signed him out at the end of the day.

Pros

Ease of use, real-time updates/entries, clear photos, and way communication with teachers

Cons

I don’t have a con for this app. It provides us with everything we need.

SP

Sally P.

HiMama Administrator Review

We have had nothing but a great experience

Pros

Most importantly the ease of the program

Cons

As of right now, nothing. I am still learning more and more about what this program can do and I am very impressed. I am not all that tech savvy.

Moïse K.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

La vraie remarque

Je cherchais un logiciel de création de fiches produit et je suis tombé en découvrant ce logiciel. Très facile à utiliser, il permet de créer des fiches produits en quelques minutes. Grâce à lui j'ai pu créer rapidement une fiche produit pour mon site de vente en ligne.

Pros

La fonctionnalité de ce logiciel est très intéressante et facile à utiliser. Cela va me permettre de ne pas perdre plus de temps que ce que je dois déjà perdre à écrire un certain nombre de pages pour mes clients chaque semaine.

Cons

Le logiciel est très intéressant mais j'ai eu du mal à m'y habituer. Il y a beaucoup de paramètres à modifier pour pouvoir l'utiliser. La société propose aussi une formation si vous en avez besoin.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Sianna Mirajune L.

E-Learning, self-employed

A Great Tool for Tracking Childcare Progress

If you're looking for an all-in-one solution for tracking your childcare center's attendance, activities, and developmental milestones, then HiMama is an excellent option. The software is easy to use and has many features, making it a great choice for busy parents and childcare providers. If you're looking for a comprehensive solution, HiMama is definitely worth checking out.

Pros

The most impactful features of HiMama in my opinion are its ease of use and its ability to integrate into my business easily. The software is designed to be user-friendly, and its features are straightforward and easy to use. HiMama's integration into my self-made business was seamless and easy, and the software has been a valuable addition to the day-to-day operations.

Cons

HiMama is a great app for the child's daily activities, but there are a few drawbacks. For one, the app can be a bit overwhelming and confusing to use at first. I hope this can be focused on by the software's team and will be improved upon so that every person that uses this will have ease of use.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Good for daily reporting.

Overall good experience, very stable app, and provides much needed daily communications between educators and parents.

Pros

Daily progress reports reports from educators. Best of all is the ability for educator to upload daily photos.

Cons

Basic functionality, but does what it's supposed to do.

CM

Charlene M.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Love this!

Very good!

Pros

I can actually access a detailed account of how my child’s day was, what they did, and if they need anything. I can also view my payments and schedule them. So much better than the hassle of waiting in line to ask all these questions at the end of the day when you just wanna get home.

Cons

Nothing at all. Definitely one of the better apps/software for childcare that I have used so far.

MU

Morale Ugan M.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001-5,000 employees

childcare tracking app

Makes it easy to track your child activities and developments so you don't have to worry as it gives a clear report.

Pros

It's a very interesting app and easy to use. You have full information of what your child was doing during the day when you were at work or busy with other activities that required your attention.

Cons

The report has to be finalized for you to see what your child is doing. Other than that I love the app.

JC

Jawad C.

Internet, 11-50 employees

HiMama review

HiMama is the best children's activity recording and sharing company that I recommend

Pros

HiMama is the best company for recording and sharing children's activities at the right time. Great I highly recommend. Very simple payment

Cons

Honestly, I have no problem with this software

AC

Amanda C.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

A good communication tool for parents and daycare staff

Pros

I own a daycare on the side as a weekend job. I use this for parent portal and communication. It's very easy to use.

Cons

It's a little on the expensive side compared to other software.

MR

Michael R.

Food Production, 1-10 employees

Great to see the daily updates

Pros

The ease of use to message teachers and the ability to quickly and simply see daycare reports

Cons

All features seem to be great, no issues to complain about.

SM

SHANNON M.

HiMama is a gem

Overall, I am very happy with my choice to implement HiMama in my school. The parents, and prospective parents , are impressed with the level of communication it allows us to have throughout the day. As an educator, I am please to be able to monitor the types of activities my teachers are providing the children and like that the Development Evidence provides a snapshot of this information for me, both as a Director and a parent. We recently added on the Development Assessment feature, which was the one thing that had previously been missing for me. I feel that HiMama is now a comprehensive tool that makes communication among teachers, parents, and administration the best it can be.

Pros

I like the ability to send messages, either to an individual, a classroom, or to the entire center. It makes communication with my families quite easy. I also like that I have the ability to send a whole school text blast (if needed) for more emergent matters. While I haven't used that feature yet, it gives me peace of mind knowing I can reach all my families in an emergency. I also like the real time classroom counts, the attendance reports, and the wealth of information it provides parents.

Cons

When uploading activities/lesson plans, it would be helpful for the teachers to have the ability to save a week's plans. This would allow teachers to copy and paste frequently used activities, which would in turn,save them time when inputting plans. I also am not fond of certain adjectives used to describe the "mood" of a child, when , without context, can be misunderstood by a parent. I have instructed my teachers to only use positive descriptors and to save other adjectives for in person communication.

HS

Heather S.

Education Management, self-employed

Saves me time and money

Overall I feel that this is one of the best things that I have done for my business. Attendance reports are easy to view and print off, I can easily access and share menus, calendars, messages, and alerts. I can't imagine ever going back to the way that I used to do things.

Pros

I absolutely love this program. I went from taking hours filling out reports to just minutes. It has greatly increased the communication between myself and the parents of children in care. I also feel that it looks much more professional than hastily scribbled notes passed on to parents at the end of the day.

Cons

Price was a big obstacle for me. Having to pay in advance rather than monthly meant I had to rearrange finances to make things work and I know that this is a major issue when I reccomend this program to others.

MF

MELANIE F.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

It's the best child care management platform I found

I tried a few other programs prior to Himama. I was less impressed with the services and the tech support with those. Himama seems to be the only program with a balance of family/teacher communication and administration aspects without buying each segment separately. As a teacher AND administrator I see both sides of that and as a small private Early Childhood center I need an affordable system. And now with the Ounce package added on, we can save time, paper and trouble proving that we track individual development as well. But the best thing about Himama are the customer support and tech teams.

Pros

Actually the best thing about Himama is the responsiveness of the tech team behind the platform. I have submitted many ideas to improve the service, to assist us in billing, tracking regulated events and ease of recording and reporting information. Every time I received a quick and personal response to clarify my needs. Most of those ideas have been added over the last year to the service even though they all involved remodeling the categories in which they fit. The consistent movement to meet subscriber's needs is impressive to me.

Cons

There are still improvements to ease the need to record and report things like fire drills, but I believe they are working on it. I would also like to be able to add my own developmental categories.

JH

June H.

Communication Breakthrough!

Our survey data from families has always focused on the lack of communication about centre happenings...not any more....since we have HiMama communication is no longer an issue. HiMama is organized, centered around the Continuum of Development which makes child observations and documentation easy - the pie graphs add a visual dimension to the app which allows staff at a glance to see which domains need addressing by staff. As a manger the weekly report confirm that the communication is happening within the centre, families are receiving their observations and families are engaged and checking items sent.

Pros

The software allows me to see at any given time child enrollment numbers, child observation data and ongoing communication with child care families. Families are purchasing a child care service on behalf of their children therefore the parents do not experience the full service directly...their children do. HiMama allows me to have connect/communicate with parents in real time keeping them up to date on centre happenings and sharing resources. This has always been the hardest part of the child care and HiMama bridges that communication gap on a daily basis.

Cons

A lot of American content......need more Canadian content.

BA

Bailee A.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Great asset to our childcare program

I think this is a great asset to our program, and I could not imagine having to go back to the pen and paper method of daily reporting. My parents and staff love this program!

Pros

I love how easy HiMama is to use, and that it was very simple to teach my educators to use as well. It has a great parent app, and our parents love to be able to check out their children's reports each day. It has really increased our level of communication and customer service.

Cons

It seems that parents are not able to download picture directly off that app as we seem to have some parents that email asking for us to send them the pictures directly. I haven't looked in to this yet, but it a common request I get.

AM

Ashley M.

HiMama Daily Reports

We have been using HiMama for a couple years now and have loved it. Our parents love the pictures and information they receive. We love that we’re able to add the standards to our lessons so our families can see what we are working on with their children. The standards are already programmed into the software.

Pros

We love this program at our childcare center. They have more than stepped up to help us during COVID and families being home. They now provide daily lessons to send to our families, more data features to store temperatures, and they support team is beyond compare.

Cons

We really have no complaints with this program. If we could make suggestions we would suggest the ability to attach more than one attachment to class emails and being able to send a little longer video through the app.

SL

Sarah L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Himama at Heatherwood

We have had a great experience, and feel like there have been regular updates that make the program better. The technical support is amazing and we were able to help push through the "parent sign in" feature that supported us through changing state regulations.

Pros

Communicates between signing in and classroom tablets, the app is great for parents, easy to do number checks for classrooms and to have kids "visit" classrooms when condensing at end of night.

Cons

The developmental stages are a little " cookie cutter"

DG

Doris G.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Great app to have

This app has improved our communication with our parents/guardians. It has saved a lot of administration time in keeping track of children's hours, staff hours and communicating to parents regarding their child's progress, needs, and programming. Parents are feeling more connected with what is going on in their child's learning and development. Parents and extended family members enjoy the photo journal updates. I always feel like HiMama are listening to their members as they are always implementing new features and improvements to their app.

Pros

The versatility of the HiMama tools and how it helped us with record keeping and connecting with the parents, staff and children with their progress and developmental needs. It has helped tremendously on lessen administration time with invoicing, attendance record, and staff time records. It also have features such as the meal calendar, event calendar and programming chart allowing more connection with the parents and staff.

Cons

We wish there was like a parents chat group that could be developed within the app. I know there is probably a video teaching parents how to use the app but I would say a high percentage of parents do not realize the capability/features of the app. For example, we had a parent who thought if she commented on a picture it was going to mass produce to everyone in the daycare. I guess there should be more incentive in learning about the features of the app.

RR

Rebecca R.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Works well for what we need.

Customer service is phenomenal! Any time I have had a problem or question, someone has gotten back to me within an hour, and they are very receptive to making changes based on my comments.

Pros

The parent engagement aspect is wonderful.

Cons

I would really like to see improvement on the milestones tracking. It doesn't let you get as detailed as needed. It will let me choose the name of the milestone that we're working on (like fine motor skills), but doesn't get down to the details of what specifically I saw that day. It also takes so many clicks to track something that we just don't even bother. Luckily, we don't have so many kids that it's hard to remember who is able to do what.

LL

Lindsay L.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Very Satisfied With HiMama

Pros

I love the interactions we can have with parents. As a parent who has children in a centre that uses HiMama I love learning about my children's day and see what they have been up to. As a coordinator I love that we are able to show parents what is going on how and show how their child(ren) are/is learning.

Cons

There isn't any huge issues. Sometimes I wish we could save items in the app and send them when we are in wifi. Sometimes things aren't sent because of internet services so that's on our internet not the software.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Easy Great App

I've enjoyed the available updates and being able to have something available to me that allows me to plan for my child. As a parent, its nice to know that its already written down and available to you at any time vs having to remember information when you get home from daycare like "did she poop today?", "when was her last bottle/diaper change/nap?"

Pros

HiMama allows you to see what and when your child has been up to all day - diapers, meals, and naps are so important to helping keep an infant on schedule and HiMama does a great job. Plus we get to see pictures posted of our little one throughout the day! I appreciate having the reports at the end of each day that tell me if we're low on supplies and just generally how her day was.

Cons

I don't see her activities (tummy time, play time) and I'm not sure that's an option as part of this app (I also don't know if its already available). It would also be nice to know her mood throughout the day (happy, crying, just fine) so I know how my kid is going to be when I'm going to get her...or if I should try and get her a little early if she's had a tough day. These things are not obviously life changing as I already get the most important information already through the app.

Leah M.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Mother of Four

As a parent user, I appreciate being able to communicate throughout the day with my child's teacher/caregiver if need be. I appreciate seeing pictures and reading funny stories about them that I may not get otherwise. I'm very impressed with the HiMama app and tell /show everyone that asks me about where my kids go to daycare and how I like it. See above for recommendations on what could make it better as a parent/user in my opinion.

Pros

Comparatively, having anything that allows me to see what my children are doing, how they are doing, and if and when they get into trouble or get hurt is impressive. I have 2 older children who are 11 and 14 that I did not have anything like HiMama with when they were in daycare and preschool. I appreciate the way the school uses it, but as for the app itself, I'm impressed with the email notifications so I don't have to log in to see when there is a message and I love the pictures I get to see throughout the day.

Cons

It may be my cell phone, but I cannot seem to stay logged in. I have to log in everytime and, sometimes, this can be very frustrating. I also like using the messaging system, but it just seems a little bit cumbersome. Maybe if it were set up a little more like email and be able to pre-fill and.or even save messages such as running late or my child will be absent today, that would make it a little easier to use.

MN

Max N.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent product with great features

Essentially a great tool for a day to day work, with many great options. Tremendous help with customer relations.

Pros

Very easy to use, has relevant information and well - regarded by our clients. Initial scepticism was over done features presenting info in a simplified form, but it turned out to be a great idea-to simplify presentation of data.

Cons

Took some time to learn the product, but once gotten used to- great to have software. Other than learning curve we didn't see many points that would be detrimental in value.

JS

Jessica S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

HiMama

It has been a very easy switch to HiMama. Staff was extremely helpful in the transition from the very first conversation and we couldn't be happier with the switch!

Pros

I love how user friendly the software is. We are able to input children's information with an easy click of a button and not have to spend lots of time updating each child. The quality and look of the daily reports are fantastic and parent's love the real time updates on their children during the day.

Cons

I would love to have a notification of parent messages when on the computer, right now i don't see those as easily unless I am on the dashboard. I would also like to see a function where administrators can approve pictures and videos before they are sent to the parents.

MB

Meaghan B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 5,001-10,000 employees

Mother- User

Being a first time mom, the thought of leaving the most important thing in my life with complete strangers to care for my child was super stressful. Was she happy? Is she eating? Is her diaper being changed? Did she take a nap? Did she have a good/bad day? If I could only see her I would know how she is doing. The HiMama app relieves all these questions for me. I love that all this information can...

Pros

I love that the care givers can send me photos and videos of what my daughter is up to (activities, crafts, trips). I love being able to see her face and see that she is happy.

Cons

I can honestly say that I have not experienced anything that I think could use some improvement on. It does what I need it to do, and I have had all positive usage experiences with the HiMama app.