iSpring Suite Logo

An easy to use tool to quickly create courses

iSpring Suite Reviews - Page 3

1,610 reviews

MH

Mark H.

Green Light for Launch

Pros

I find the interface clean and easy to use. Integration with PowerPoint is, well, on point and make for quick authoring. Software updates prove to be consequential as well. The inclusion of a in-app screen reader/VO is a perfect add-on for my clients' needs and I can't wait to deploy that feature in version 2.0 of our content.

Cons

I've noticed some issues that I'd like to see resolved. For example, I find it annoying that the presentation (PowerPoint) is locked while editing quizzes and interactions. Copying reusable content from the slide to the interaction, quiz, or simulation would be immensely helpful. I've also found some minor DB-related issues with values not saving on the Marketplace app. It's a small problem to resolve from a technical perspective, but bewildering to a non-initiated user who's relying on these tools to run a business.

Hi Mark, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We appreciate it greatly. It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly. As per your feature request, thanks a lot for sharing. I will pass it on to our Product Development team. Keep up the great work!

JV

Jaroslav V.

iSpring

Perfect software and tech / customer support. Since 2015 I am teacher and use it for educational purpose. But the last two years I slowly and gradually switch from Captivate to iSpring completely, include projects. I think next year the process will be finished and I will leave Captivate definitely and will buy commercial version of iSpringSuite. My last dream - customizing color scheme of mobile playbars - was the last year met. Iam happy boy!

Pros

Easy to use, small learning curve, all components of iSpring Suite are integrated and provide variabilty for creating several types of learning products, wich works extremmely good in browsers. Perfect QuizMaker functions and Visuals, now include custom color scheme for mobile player. And much more.

Cons

I miss some advanced actions to create a bit more interactivity than basic navigation using PPT actions. Example: Play/Pause /Stop audio using buttions, Show / Hide objects using buttons, Toogle button, etc. (something like Advanced actions in Captivate or Triggers in Storyline is). IMPORTANT: What make me stress, is new activation policy - from time to time I need deactivate / activate product between my school laptop and home laptop and it make me ,,crazy" ))) Please return two activations and make my life wonderfull again!!! ))))

Hi Jaroslav, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We appreciate it greatly. It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly. As per your feature request, thanks a lot for sharing. I will pass it on to our Product Development team. Thanks for helping us to make our product better. Keep up the great work!

RG

Robert G.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Great product, simple to use.

Love it.

Pros

The quizzes and the interactions are amazing tools to boost that boring Power Point slide. The ease of use is remarkable and it is all self explanatory and you don't need too much knowledge before using this product.

Cons

Some of the quiz and interaction and slide properties are hidden that make it frustrating when one type of interaction does what you want it to do but the other types don't.

Hi Robert, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. We very much appreciate it. It's great to hear that you are happy with iSpring solution. As per your Cons, could you please elaborate on what you mean by "hidden" to support@ispring.com? One of our specialists will be more than happy to look into your case.

EF

Eileen F.

E-Learning, self-employed

Buyer Beware

Because I cannot get any support from them unless I subscribe to their latest version for nearly the full price of the software, I have to give them one star. No support = no customer service. No customer service = bad policy.

Pros

The options offered for engagement and interest level.

Cons

If you do not repurchase this software yearly via their maintenance program, you get no support. No chat, no email, no online knowledgebase. I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am. To me, that is unethical. A company that does not support all versions of its software does not deserve to be in business. I checked my copy of Articulate 360, and they provided support to Articulate 13 released in, you guessed it, 2013. My version of iSpring is less than 2 years old. I'll be converting all of my elearning lessons to Articulate360 BECAUSE of their amazing support.

Hi Eileen, Thank you so much for your detailed review of iSpring products and service. We appreciate your taking the time to submit it here on Capterra. As per your Cons, let me please note that for those who do not wish to continue with the Maintenance plan, we have a vast collection of helpful resources available online, such as video tutorials, help docs, articles, webinars, FAQs: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/support. We also have social media pages where anybody can ask our community any question about iSpring. Those who do have maintenance plan, however, get immediate support via chat, phone as well as 24/7 email assistance. Hope that helps!

Ashok G.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Awesome tool for Instructional Designers

Easy to work in collaborative environment with Knowledge Experts and Q.C. Dept. who does not have idea of ID concepts and technicality.

Pros

Knowledge experts can provide content in PowerPoint. No hassles of importing PowerPoint into another software. Look and feel is not lost. Collaboration is easy , Knowledge experts and Q.C. Department can work on the same PPT source file instead of working on a copy.

Cons

Nothing much but a few add-on's like animation timeline, layers and basic triggers would make the product still more awesome.

Hello Ashok, Thanks you so much for sharing your positive feedback about using iSpring :) We very much appreciate it and hope that it keeps serving you well! As per your Cons, please forward them to support@ispringsolutions.com. One of our managers will be happy to look into them.

Jm

Jean michel C.

Construction, self-employed

My few views

People generally don't like to be evaluated with statistics and pass levels. iSpring allows to incorporate short evaluations (quizz, interactions) to immediately assess the acquisition of knowledge that are well accepted by the learners (less pressure for them)

Pros

Easy to use because it starts from the familiar context of Power Point. The more you use iSpring and better you use Power Point, and vise-versa. Thus, little by little, you discover news functionalities and you progress regularly

Cons

There are already many features and options, but not so well explained. Regularly, I have to test different options to understand what will be the impact in the end. This is particularly true for the results and evaluations at the end of the quizzes for example. Many options exist but not clearly explained. Another point: The window that opens when you drag to the red button "X" in order to get the...

NK

Natalia K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Einfaches Tool zum schnellen erstellen von E-Learnings

Insgesamt sind wir sehr zufrieden mit dem Produkt, da es uns ohne Programmkenntnisse möglich ist, grafisch ansprechende und interaktive E-Learnings zu entwickeln.

Pros

Wir nutzen iSpring Suit zum erstellen von interaktiven E-Learnings. Die Software funktioniert über einen Plug-In in Power Point und lässt sich schnell instalieren. iSping bringt regelmäß updates mit neuen Features raus, die das Erstellen von E-Learnings einfacher macht. Die Benutzung ist recht einfach und intuitiv, was sehr viel Zeit bei Einarbeitung neuer Mitarbeiter spart. Mit iSpring Space lassen sich die erstellten E-Learnings einfach teilen. Falls ein Problem aufgetreten ist, hat der iSpring Support sehr schnell reagiert.

Cons

Da unser Unternehmen im Gesundheitsbereich tätig ist, würde ich mir mehr Vorlagen aus diesem Bereich wünschen. Zudem braucht der Arbeitsrechner sehr viel Rechenleistung, bei umfangreichen E-Learnings, was auch zu sehr langen Upload-Zeiten in iSpring Space führt. Wenn es einmal hochgeladen ist, laufen die E-LEarnings aber problemlos.

Showing original review in German. See translation

RC

Russell C.

Information Services, 201-500 employees

This tool has expanded our capabilities and saved us time.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Because of the PowerPoint interface, I already knew most of the controls. When I wasn't sure of the controls, there were detailed videos showing me how to achieve the task at hand. Anytime the video wasn't enough help, iSpring's knowledgeable support staff was there to help.

Cons

I could not find a way to get closed captioning to work on videos that I uploaded. I am hopeful that this will be in an upgrade soon. iSpring's app does not offer screen recording functions on mobile devices. With many app interfaces being used in workplaces this would be a great benefit to my business.

Hello Russell, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts on iSpring products and service! We very much appreciate it =) Keep up the great work! Also thanks a lot for your feature requests. I will forward them to our Product Development team. If you think of anything else, please send a message to support@ispringsolutions.com

DB

Danielle B.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

A revolução da educação a distância de qualidade

Estamos migrando todo o conteúdo da educação de jovens e adultos, ensino fundamental e médio, e de cursos de educação profissional tecnológica, além de desenvolver outros projetos de treinamento. Resultados visualmente impactantes aos estudantes, com muitos recursos de aprendizagem, funcionais e de fácil acesso e utilização.

Pros

A possibilidade de integrar vídeos, telas de navegação, interações, exercícios em um único arquivo facilita muito a gestão do conteúdo e a disponibilidade oferecida aos alunos. Além disso, integra-se facilmente ao ambiente moodle, incluindo seu aplicativo. Ainda, a possibilidade de publicar o curso online, indepentende de outro ambiente de aprendizagem, facilita e populariza o uso do recurso, tornando as aulas fáceis de serem implementadas na educação a distância.

Cons

Tive dificuldades em acessar e deixar a biblioteca logada, para acesso aos personagens, fundos, e demais itens. A atualização do software corrige detalhes que não estavam funcionando bem, como por exemplo, ao copiar uma tela com exercícios para outro conjunto de slides, não conseguir acessar, e precisar refazer.

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

Hi Danielle, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We very much appreciate it. It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly. In case you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our Tech Support team (support@ispring.com). One of our specialists will be more than happy to assist you! Keep up the great work!

MC

Mary C.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

User-friendly program

Overall, my experience with iSpring has been very positive. I've been very impressed with the knowledge of the customer service team in their ability to answer my off-the-wall questions in a timely manner. The program creates high-quality output in an user-friendly manner that has made it easy for me to learn and create quality content for my organization.

Pros

This program is super easy to use and figure out, especially if you are new to using e-learning tools/platforms. I've been using this program for almost 2 years now and it provides a consistent experience in creating a quality e-learning course.

Cons

There have been a couple of things that I've run across during my time using the program that I've recommended to ispring to incorporate into the features of their program: allow the functionality of the end-user to be able to type on slides and create interactions that way; a closed-captioning feature for 508 compliance just to name a few.

Hi Mary, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We appreciate it greatly. It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly. As per your feature request, thanks a lot for sharing. I will pass it on to our Product Development team. We sincerely appreciate your thoughtfulness in helping us improve our products. Hope iSpring keeps serving you well :)

Axel G.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

E-Learning - das moderne Lernformat

iSpring Suite ist ein Autorentool, dass in seiner Handhabung und Umsetzung sehr praxisorientiert und anwenderfreundlich ist. Aufgrund der verschiedenen Möglichkeiten, wie Interaktionen, interaktive Dialogsimulation und Quizrunden können Lerninhalte in einer interessanten und abwechslungsreichen Form aufbereitet werden. Der Nutzer kann aus einer große Anzahl an Vorlagen und Charakteren auswählen und erzielt in kurzer Zeit anspruchsvolle Ergebnisse, die gemeinsam mit Mitarbeitern oder anderen Experten im iSpring Space besprochen und diskutiert werden können.

Pros

Flexibilität in der Einbindung verschiedener Formate (Video, Audio, Folien, ...)

Cons

Wir hatten nicht wirklich gravierende Nachteile feststellen können.

Showing original review in German. See translation

Hi Axel, Thank you for rating iSpring so highly, however, I noticed that you gave it only 8 out of 10 in the Likelihood to Recommend section. Could you please get back to me with a little more details? As per your the value for money, we understand that the price point is a consideration for many users of eLearning products. However, we hope that you feel like iSpring Suite Max provides great value...

BM

Bello M.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

All in one software for creating online learning content

Pros

I like ispring suite because it is very easy to use, no coding skill required if you know how to use Microsoft PowerPoint then you Can use it. Another intresting thing is that you Can find video tutorials on YouTube and the customer support is Always ready to help.

Cons

Eventhough it is an Amazing software, recent update makes us learn some technicalities from scratch and large projects Can take a Long Time to convert to HTML5

Hi Bello, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. We appreciate it greatly. As per your Cons, could you please send more details to support@ispring.com? One of our specialists will be more than happy to look into your case. Thank you! Hope iSpring keeps serving you well :)

FM

Franklin M.

Airlines/Aviation, 501-1,000 employees

The easiest way to create online courses

Excellent for recurrent training.

Pros

iSpring is the best way to transform a powerpoint presentation with animations, audios an videos into an online training course. It has great tools such as interactions, quizzes, audio and video management, that beautifully help you create amazing training activities.

Cons

It is possible to improve iSpring, as it has been from the beginning, with character motion and gesticulation; some storyboard animated drawing interaction as seen in POWTOON, intros with replaceable brand icons, and a way to allow or block student movement throughout the interaction until animation, audio or video finishes; also to have optional transcisions through interaction pages.

Hi Franklin, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We appreciate it greatly. It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far. As per your feature request, thanks a lot for sharing. I will pass it on to our Product Development team. We sincerely appreciate your thoughtfulness in helping us improve our products.

FA

Freddy A.

iSpring Desarrollo de Contenidos en 1, 2, 3

Mi orimer contacto con Ispring fué a través de sus aplicaciones ispring presenter, ispring-pro, quizmaker y finalmente de ispring suite. Antes venia trabajando con aplicaciones como Wondershare y Articulate. Wondershare desapareció del mercado y Articulate no solo se hizo más compleja sino también incremntó su precio como para que una pequeña empresa de elearning, iniciandose, la pudiera adquirir. De...

Pros

Es un programa completo y bien pensado para las necesidades de las pequeñas empresas de elearning

Cons

He visto que con la desaparición de flash (swf) el programa sigue ofreciendo esta opción (ispring suite 8.x), esto pudiera sustituirse por su desuso en elearning.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Hi Freddy, Thank you for sharing thoughts not only about iSpring solutions but also about iSpring service! We appreciate it greatly. It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly. As per your feature request, thanks a lot for sharing. I will pass it on to our Product Development team. Hope iSpring Suite keeps serving you well!

Alain G.

E-Learning, self-employed

Excellent outil-auteur, excellent support

Pros

iSpring Suite Max offre une panoplie d’outils pour réaliser des formations à formats variés : modules linéaires, modules à embranchements, vidéos de cours, screencast, pages html interactives (microlearning), e-book, entres autres, avec un outil Quiz puissant. Cette polyvalence permet d’accroître la flexibilité de la conception et l’adaptation aux besoins des apprenants. La compatibilité d’iSpring Suite Max avec la majorité des LMS est tout simplement impressionnante. La bibliothèque de personnages et de diapositives a été considérablement enrichie. Le travail collaboratif est désormais possible et ouvre de nouveaux horizons dans le domaine du télétravail. Quant au support, il reste exceptionnel tant sur le plan technique que sur le plan de la relation humaine.

Cons

Il est à souhaiter qu’iSpring puisse offrir prochainement une plus grande diversité de quiz dans iSpring Space. Pour l’heure, il n’en existe que trois types. La possibilité d’utiliser des cartes à retourner et des listes de cases à cocher, par exemple, serait la bienvenue. Il faut rappeler enfin qu’une bonne maîtrise de PowerPoint et une connaissance du design visuel semblent indispensables pour bénéficier pleinement des fonctionnalités d’iSpring Suite Max.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Hello Alain, Thank you tons for such a detailed and sincere review of iSpring products and service. We are extremely happy to hear that you are happy with the feature set that iSpring contains. As per your feature requests, I will be happy to forward it up the chain - thank you!

AS

Andrea S.

Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees

Great software to develop your online course

It was easy to learn, has lots of great tools and options that make a course look so professional and highly interactive. I would recommend it!

Pros

I love the fact that it's a bolt-on to Microsoft Powerpoint. I don't have to learn a whole other software and I can use a combination of Powerpoint and iSpring features and functionality. It has a lot of cool tools, like different kind of user-interactions and quiz types that are super easy to set up and look amazing.

Cons

The software is a bit pricey, especially if you need more than one developer. Some basic tools, like text-to-speech was only available in their Max software. I like the fact that they have a course-hosting software too, that it easily works with, I just wish it had more marketing features otherwise we would have chosen it.

Hi Andrea, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We appreciate it tons. It's great to hear that you are happy with iSpring solution. Keep up the great work!

MV

Maja V.

Ispring Suite - My Experience and Recommendation

Overall, my impression of iSpring Suite is highly positive. I consider it an outstanding tool for creating various types of content, and I would gladly recommend it to anyone who is unsure about which program to choose.

Pros

iSpring Suite is truly an excellent program that provides me, as a designer, with a wealth of creative possibilities. The use of this program is extremely straightforward, allowing me to quickly turn my ideas into reality. Furthermore, I am impressed by the abundance of available templates, images, and characters that assist me in creating attractive content.

Cons

The program could benefit from littel bit more interactivity.

KH

Keith H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

Just what I have been looking for for engaging students with interactive learning.

Pros

What is so easy about iSpring Suite Max is that it is plug-in for PowerPoint. So, you can convert any PowerPoint into an eLearning module. But you can make it even better with interactivity, such as self-assessment tests with range of functionality (hotspots, MCQ, drag-and-drop, etc). What makes iSpring Suite particularly valuable is that there is ready technical support (and they have regular instructional webinars) and the tech support has never failed me. I have turned others in my institution and elsewhere on to its potential for medical student education.

Cons

The only issue that I have had so far is that you cannot change the color of the hotspot; however, I worked around this by learning how to keep the hotspot hidden after the student has submitted their response. I generally work with a Mac, and iSpring Suite is not Mac-compatible (presumably since PowerPoint is a Microsoft product).

Hi Keith, Thank you for sharing thoughts not only about iSpring solutions but also about iSpring service! We appreciate it greatly. It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly. In case you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our Tech Support team (support@ispring.com). One of our specialists will be more than happy to assist you!

RS

Randy S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Agile Instructor

My support representative was excellent. Very knowledgeable and patient with me as a relatively new user. Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pros

It is built as an add-on in PowerPoint. It does a great job of taking advantage to features already built, but adds the functionality you need for authoring courseware. Really each to use.

Cons

I'm not yet qualified to point our any negatives. The portions I have used have exceeded my needs and help me solve real problems for our students. My next area to explore is the Quiz Maker. My hope is that it support a number of question types and answer formats along with applying themes to each question.

Hi Randy, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We very much appreciate it. It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly. Keep up the great work!

KC

Kathy C.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

My experience with iSpring software

Excellent because: - no pressure to buy - great products - amazing support I only wish i had found this sooner. Thank you iSpring not only for your product but for the team you appear to be surrounded by - it all won me over (and i am a stubborn person so well done!).

Pros

Firstly i was only able to like this software because of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] one of the technical support officers who worked with me over several weeks. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] never pressured me she provided me with so much free stock to trial and research i was lost for choice. This was an integral part of me purchasing the software, i was left to play in the awesome devices. The free...

Cons

I was overwhelmed initially by what should i learn first - there is so much to understand as i have never navigated this type of software before. I didn't know what LMS was and i am glad i researched it because it made me realise that what i needed was the additional iSpring Learn platform (LMS). Unfortunately i can't afford this just yet so i will save up but it will be worth it. Cost is definitely...

Hi Kathy, We cannot thank you enough for this kind, detailed and just super sweet feedback for iSpring product and the service that we provide! It just made our day :) We are extremely proud to have you onboard with iSpring. Let's reach new heights together :)

RB

Roxy B.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Amazing Customer Support

I absolutely love using iSpring.

Pros

I love the ease of use. The features are very user friendly and even have video walk throughs if it's something you are not familiar with.

Cons

That the different components of the software are all separated. The main part of iSpring is all together but there are parts that come with it, like the audio/video part that is separated from the main portion. It makes it more difficult to understand the full capabilities of the iSpring product.

Hi Roxy, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We very much appreciate it. It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far. Keep up the great work!

NB

Nicki B.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001-5,000 employees

Successes with iSpring Suite

I really like the product and will continue to use it. The support staff has always been helpful to work with and are great at troubleshooting errors.

Pros

I use iSpring Suite to develop training content for our different engineering teams across North America. iSpring allows me to create customized training for our unique company needs that caters to our different engineers and departments. The tool is very easy to use and within a few weeks, I felt I could quickly produce high quality training materials.

Cons

I find that the tool is not always consistent in publishing the content for use. It works 85% of the time. The few times it does not work, it is always easy to fix. It's just time consuming to republish but you can usually fix the errors.

Hello Nicki, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products. We appreciate it tons. It's great to hear that you are happy with the iSpring solution. As per your Cons, I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing thess issues. Could you please send more details to support@ispring.com? One of our specialists will be more than happy to look into your case.

Adam J.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Great product!

I use it all the time to create eLearning content. It has multiple applications, such as learning courses, quizzes, conversation simulations, flip books, and more. Highly recommend.

Pros

I have been using the iSpring Suite for a few years now, primarily as a PowerPoint plugin to create eLearning and publish it in Scorm 1.2 format. It's very easy to turn a regular PowerPoint presentation into an interactive eLearning course.

Cons

It's a great product. Using the suite through PowerPoint is powerful, but limiting if you don't use Office365.

Hi Adam, Thank you very much for posting you detailed review here on Capterra. We appreciate it tons! Hope iSpring keeps serving you well :) You also gave our Customer Support only 3 stars. Could you please share the details? Please send a message to polina.ionina@ispring.com. Thank you!

SV

Steven V.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

We love iSpring Suite

We are using iSpring Suite along with PowerPoint to generate all of our eLearning content, and it fits that need for us very well. We have seldom had any technical issues with the software, and when we have the support we've received has been excellent with a quick response time.

Pros

Its configuration as a simple PowerPoint plug-in works very well for us, as that is our primary tool for generating eLearning content. New features are being added at a fairly regular basis. The enhanced video and audio production capabilities are reducing our need to rely on other third party tools and end up integrating much better into the final content. The accompanying iSpring Cloud is a very handy repository for hosting our content, and we use it extensively.

Cons

I have accidentally deleted the rather complex content of several PowerPoint slides by creating a quiz using the plug-in button without first creating a new blank slide as a placeholder. I'd recommend adding a warning message to that button if content is detected on the active slide.

Hi Steven, Thank you so much for rating iSpring so high here on Capterra and for sharing your positive experience with the tools and iSpring Tech Support. We very much appreciate it :) Also your request was forwarded to our Tech Support team. One of the specialists will be happy to give you recommendations regarding this case. Hope that helps!

DB

Dr. Balachandra V.

Excellent Support and Product

Pros

Easy to use and prepare the course in no time with the use of existing software.

Cons

Security feature. Product credentials can be shared with multiple persons and access the course concurrently. This makes it difficult to use the iSpring Learn to sell the courses. We are looking for the security feature in the ispring learn when in the user should be able to log-in from only one device at a time and specified device. We must have complete control over the user's usage of the course. So that no unpaid user can access the course.

Hi Dr. Balachandra, Thanks a lot for posting your review here on Capterra! We very much appreciate it. It's wonderful to hear that iSpring fits your needs just perfectly. We are happy to have you onboard and hope that you keep enjoying working with the product! Hope it keeps serving you well :)