iSpring Suite Logo

An easy to use tool to quickly create courses

iSpring Suite Reviews - Page 7

1,610 reviews

DY

Dianne Y.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

My Experience with Support Team

I find the product is great to work with. I also have found the Customer Support and Technical help that one gets to be top notch. Support team is always willing to take the time to answer any questions or address any problems or concerns I have. Today (Feb 1), the support technician [SENSITIVE CONTENT] spent a considerable amount of time addressing an issue I was having with my video files going missing. He did not give up and after some heavy research on his part, was able to get me back on track. A big call out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and all your support staff for the great work they do.

Pros

Publishing a full course is so easy and working in PowerPoint makes learning easier as I don't need to learn a separate interface for quick course creations.

Cons

I lose project files and data whenever I share on One Drive of SharePoint - this is an issue now that more companies are sharing files on the Cloud rather than On-Prem

Hello Dianne, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. We appreciate it greatly. It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far. As per your cons, I highly recommend watching this webinar: https://youtu.be/zWthru2lz74 There we talk about main rules when working with iSpring as well as why publishing to One Drive is not the best idea. Keep up the great work!

JY

James Y.

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

Easy to learn and use.

Overall, using iSpring Suite is a positive experience. I've tried others, but none are as easy to use and have excellent technical support.

Pros

Since iSpring was designed to work with PowerPoint, using your existing training or teaching materials is easy. The added benefit of integrating checkpoint quizzes and exit assessments allows the student to self-monitor their understanding.

Cons

The software is obviously designed and marketed towards corporate training and the included characters and backgrounds are limited if you are designing courses or lessons that are geared toward secondary education or below.

TK

Tracy K.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Brilliant Support Brilliant Product

Always excellent. Support is especially brilliant. No matter what time or day you can always get an answer virtually immediately. This is really important to me.

Pros

Definitely the EASIEST eLearning authoring tool on the market by a long way.

Cons

I find using the quiz feature a little bit frustrating at times. Especially how to save the same quiz under different names in different places BUT I have just contacted support and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was absolutely brilliant and was able to guide me to a solution in minutes. It would be nice to maybe have more question type options.

Hi Tracy, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We very much appreciate it. It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far. Our tech support team always puts clients first - it's amazing that you had a positive experience! Keep up the great work!

PK

Patrik K.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Einsatz als Prüfungs- und eLearning-Tool in der Erwachsenenbildung

Stabile Lösung, welche unseren Anforderungen grundsätzlich gerecht wird.

Pros

Integration in Microsoft PowerPoint und Anpassung an CI/CD, einfache Erstellung von Quizes, Konfigurationsmöglichkeiten zur Steuerung von Prüfungsabläufen und Punktebewertungen, Export und Bereitstellung von Scorm Paketen für die Publikation in einem LMS.

Cons

Teilweise Beschränkung von PowerPoint Funktionalitäten in der Bearbeitung von Lerninhalten und Quizes. Kopieren von Folien mit Lerninhalten und Quizes von einer PowerPoint Datei in eine andere leider nicht direkt möglich.

Showing original review in German. See translation

Hi Patrik, Thanks a lot for posting your review here on Capterra. We very much appreciate it. It's great to hear that you are happy with the iSpring solution. As per your cons, thanks a lot for sharing. We will definitely forward your feedback to our Product Development Team as a feature request. We will make a note of it and consider adding it in future updates. Keep up the great work!

RK

Rick K.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

iSpring Offers All in One Benefits for Even a Tiny Company

Pros

I'm one of three employees in the office of our small, family-owned hospitality industry staffing company. I was hired to implement a digital training program for our mostly remote employees. As I don't have experience with creating in the Adobe suite, I was looking for an all-in-one tool. iSpring is this tool for my company and me in ways beyond what I imagined was possible. The Customer Support has been exceptional as the few times that I needed minor assistance, they were immediately accessible. I could go on about the features of iSpring, but I'll summarize by saying that it is exactly what me and my company need!

Cons

Since we were starting from scratch with content authoring and management, our organization was a blank slate regarding the need for integration with other processes. So, I have absolutely no complaints with what iSpring offers us.

Hello Rick, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. It means the world to us. It's great to hear that you are happy with the iSpring solution. Also, you are more than welcome to join iSpring Community Forum and ask you questions there: https://community.ispringsolutions.com/ Keep up the great work!

TH

Trang H.

So far my experience with iSpring Suite has been enjoyable and very positive.

It helps me so quickly and efficiently design e-learning courses which fulfills almost all of my needs.

Pros

What I like most about this software is its ease of use and its adequate functionality for a high quality e-learning course. iSpring Suite has almost all the functions I need for my course, not only for designing the lectures (lessons) themselves but also for the creation of supplementary materials (like books, timelines, directories, quizes). More importantly, iSpring Suite has many options to customize...

Cons

Honestly, there are some of my wishes that haven't been fulfilled by iSpring, for example, more flexibility in quiz formatting, more question types in iSpring quizes, or the possibility of adding audio narration to iSpring interactions (i.e. books). Still I think iSpring Suite is really good value for money.

Trang, thank you so much for your detailed review of iSpring here on Capterra! We are very happy to know that iSpring made it to your e-Learning tool. As per your feature requests, I forwarded them to your dedicated manager Kasey and if you have anything else to add, please send it to support@ispringsolutions.com. Keep up the great work, Trang!

SB

Sandrine B.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

All the tools you need for designing engaging eLearning content!

Pros

iSpring Suite offers all the tools you need for designing engaging eLearning content: a presentation conversion tool into online mobile-ready courses, a screen recorder with an audio-video editor, a conversation simulation tool, a couple of interactions (directory, timeline, FAQ and book), a content library, and a powerful quiz maker! It's just fun designing engaging eLearning content. It's so easy to use iSpring Suite! And when you don't know how to perform a task, the support team is here to help you.

Cons

I have a feature request about iSpring QuizMaker: the ability to add videos in the feedbacks and the support of embedded code for videos.

Hi, Sandrine! Thanks a lot for your kind feedback about iSpring, we hope it keeps serving you well. As per your feature request, we will be glad to forward it to our Product Development team. Keep up the great work :)

Sidney I.

Utilities, self-employed

Everything you didn't know you needed.

I've slowly built an on-line training empire with iSpring. It has allowed me to put together training courses for sale that are miles better than any other technical on-line training in my industry. The customer support is outstanding. They almost always respond to queries immediately and have been willing to schedule one-on-one virtual meetings to work through more complex issues. A huge bonus is that iSpring doesn't force you to buy their pre-packaged training like some other LMSs.

Pros

I've been authoring e-Learning courses since 2012 and have been with iSpring from the beginning. Their software is infinitely customizable and easy to use. I've left lengthy reviews on other sites singing the praises of this software package and accompanying LMS. I haven't thought of much that it can't do.

Cons

Biggest negative is no session management. A learner can log in and take more than one course simultaneously. I have to keep careful watch with external reporting software to make sure this doesn't happen. I hope session control is coming in the near future.

Hi Sidney, Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products. We very much appreciate it. We are happy to have you onboard and hope that you keep enjoying working with the product! Keep up the great work.

TT

Tinie T.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Technical support

I mentioned that the licensing requirements do not favour a training company whose users vary from month to month.

Pros

At first, I was reluctant to use the support but then discovered that they can assist and direct me quickly. And that is good to know and very beneficial as one invariably got a deadline to meet.

Cons

I have done tutorials or attend webinars and then discover that I need to upgrade in order to have the feature. It is no fault of the provider but it is a steep learning curve for new users.

Hi Tinie, Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about iSpring with the Capterra audience! Hope that iSpring keeps serving you well! Also thanks for mentioning the drawbacks. They will be shared with the team shortly!

SO

Sheridon O.

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

Excellent Customer Service

iSpring has provided my company with a low-cost solution for rapidly developing online courses. We have other software packages available, but none are as quick or user-friendly. Additionally, it helps when my team doesn't have to create everything because all our contributors know how to use PowerPoint. Rather than have to build everything from scratch, we can have the contributor send us the materials, tweak it, and publish it in short order.

Pros

I had a problem develop and reached out to iSpring Support for assistance. Although it later turned out to be an issue with another system that was interfering with iSpring, the Tech Support Engineer, Elena, was very helpful in resolving the problem. After a lot of back-and-forth emails, she helped me determine where I needed to look for final resolution.

Cons

Nothing. What I least liked about the software was resolved when version 9 was released.

Hello Sheridon, Thank you so much for posting such a detailed review here on Capterra! We very much appreciate it and are very happy to hear that iSpring fit your need just right! Keep up the great work and please let us know if we can be of help: support@ispring.com

LL

Libby L.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

It's 80% of the way there, but for the price a very functional software

We use iSpring to create knowledge base videos to share principles with clients and our network. The system works very well for this purpose. It does not function as well for the administration of that content and overall user administration.

Pros

The system is very easy to use and administrate. The support is always responsive and has an answer for the issue. There is a lot of flexibility in how the system can be used across all of the platforms available (Cloud, Flora, Market, etc.)

Cons

The system overall is missing features critical to my organization's work. For example, users are unable to use multiple coupon codes in a single transaction. This is a small oversight that affects my clients. The system is mostly useful, but lacks some key reporting and functionality.

Hi Libby, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We very much appreciate it. Keep up the great work! As per your Cons, could you please send more details to support@ispring.com? One of our specialists will be more than happy to look into your case.

BV

Beatriz V.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

A very practical time saver

Pros

It's already a few years I'm using Ispring presentere to make quizzes for a Moodle classroom. I teach foreign languages and my students need to practise on their own aspects like grammar, vocabulary, listening and reading comprehension. It's a great tool for creating interactive exercises with the added possibility of easily exporting them as Word documents, with or without the answers. Another important advantage is that I can configurate the quiz to receive students' work by mail and check their answers in detail. Last but not least: I do not need a internet connection to create activities and I can upload the scorm packages to different e-classrooms.

Cons

A crossword question would be nice to have. It would be great to enlarge the fonts while working and also be able to insert a picture gallery.

Hello Beatriz, Thank you so much for this detailed feedback about iSpring. We very much appreciate your sharing it. I will definitely forward your request about adding a Crossword type of question to iSpring. As per the picture gallery, we already have iSpring Content library available. here is the link for you to check it out: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/content-library Hope that helps!

MZ

Marisol Z.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Wonderful customer service

The software is great and easy to use, but the most remarkable experience is the great customer service they offer, even years after you bought the license. It is just what great customer service should be. Thanks for the quality

Pros

The software is great and it enables to create great interactive learning solutions.

Cons

The license is expensive. They offer a great Unlimited license but, after a year, you need to renew to have access to the full library and other services. Nevertheless, you can continue using your software version with the original license without any actualization. But the best experience, of course, is when you have the full package paying an annual license renewal.

Hi Marisol, Thanks a lot for sharing your thought about iSpring! We are glad to hear that you are happy with iSpring products and service! :) Hope it keeps serving you well!

MB

Michael B.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Training into the 21st century

The system allows our location managers to focus on the business rather than spending a multitude of hours on training. The flexibility for our staff to access the training when it is convenient for them is great as it saves on overtime and most importantly doesn't take away time they can spend on service provision for the population we serve.

Pros

The iSpring software is very easy to use and all the Organizational Administrators like the quick access to reports and assignments for their teams. The most important feature we liked was after looking at seven other providers, iSpring was the only company that provided answers to our questions, did a virtual tour for our decision makers and showed us how their product would work rather than just telling us.

Cons

The only drawback we have found is when you update or change anything you have uploaded, you have to replace the entire module. You can't just edit it. So make sure you are ready with a finalized version of your presentation before you upload it.

DK

Dileep K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Best way to get started with eLearning

Very good because it is very easy to use and produce SCORm content

Pros

- PPT integration - SCORM publishing in HTML5 format

Cons

Desired Features such as an HTML 5 editor

Hi Dileep, Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service! We are happy to hear that iSpring solution has been working great for you so far :) As per your Cons - could you please send more details to Support@ispring.com? One of our managers will be happy to take a look. Take care!

DV

David V.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Customer's iSpring review

Building e-learning modules for customers.

Pros

The software is easy to use and to embed in different LMS systems. I love the perfect support you get when you get stuck or when something is not working as you would suspect. Realy good support helpdesk whith skilled employees. iSpring is perfect for quick e-learning development.

Cons

The gamification options are somewhat limited in iSpring. I wish iSpring will develop more and more awesome gamification options for blended and e-learning.

Hi David, Thanks a lot for posting your review here on Capterra! We appreciate it greatly. It's great to hear that you are happy with iSpring solution. As per your Cons, could you please send more details to support@ispring.com? One of our specialists will be more than happy to look into your case and ideas.

AL

Angel L.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Close to the best

It provides me with a simple to use authoring tool to use with my LMS system.

Pros

I love the ease and integration with PowerPoint. All the features are easy to use and self explanatory.

Cons

I do not like that I cannot use word art. My first presentation I had lots of Word Art and I didnt know that when I SCORM it the animations wouldn't work because I simply used Word Art or altered images with 3D effects. I am forced to have plain text. I also would like to see cartoon characters and backgrounds versus just the real people and backgrounds currently available. Sometimes I want to create fun cute little training with cartoons and not real live people/backgrounds.

Hi Angel, Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about iSpring with the Capterra audience! we very much appreciate it! You are also welcome to send your feature requests to support@ispringsolutions.com. Our specialists will be happy to look into them!

Oliver S.

E-Learning, self-employed

A great experience

The Support-Team is great. They are fast, helpful and always try to offer a solution.

Pros

iSpring is easy to use and the output is incredible (depends on your Powerpoint-skills). I realy like to use the branchings in my courses and the talkmaster is a fantastic tool. My clients are impressed about the possibilities, I can offer with iSpring

Cons

If you use powerpoint-transitions, they will not work with the i.e quizzes, interaction-modules. This looks sometimes like a "hard break". If you use your own navigation-style (Powerpoint) is this also not possible in the i.e quizzes, interaction-modules. But this is only an optical thing, not a functional. One last thing: You will need an active maintanace plan to get updates...

Hi Oliver, Thanks a lot for posting your detailed review for iSpring tools and service! It means so much to us :) Happy to hear iSpring serves you well! In case you have any questions, please send them directly to support@ispringsolutions.com. One of our specialists will be happy to assist you!

JP

Janet P.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Easy to use, quality results

Great support when I reached out. I would have liked a comment included with the installation, that if you have a previous version, to remove it first before installing the latest version. This would have eliminated my installation issues and saved me time.

Pros

iSpring Suite enables a user to easily and quickly develop quality eLearning. From simple screen captures with voice overs to complete modules with quizzes. If you can work with PowerPoint and have basic understanding of course development, you can build an eLearning course with iSpring.

Cons

It does not work on Mac OS. As more and more ID use iMac iSpring needs to create a version that can be work with Mac OS.

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about iSpring products and service. It means the world to us. As per your feature request, thanks a lot for a sharing I will pass it on to our Product Development team.

LH

Lynn H.

Warehousing, 201-500 employees

I trialled both QuizMaster and Suite 8 before purchasing Suite 8

This software allowed my company to insert a professional looking Quiz/ Assessment component into our already produced and yet to be produced training packages. The quiz component that is now contained within our PowerPoint training material looks like it was produced by an external supplier that would have been costly to produce. In fact it was produced internally within the company at a much reduced cost.

Pros

I found QuizMaster and Suite 8 very easy to use once I got used to using them and became aware of what properties I wanted to use. I was uncertain about the purchase initially and whether Suite 8 would work on our company's dilapidated computer network. My Consultation was extremely helpful in helping me to set up a trial and extended it as well and answer questions or put me on to other Consultants. This service, even before I bought the product was the best that I have experienced. This has also continued now that I have bought the product.

Cons

There is not much that I don't like about the product. But I would like the designers to see if more than 1 quiz can be inserted into longer or more complex PowerPoints so that quizzes can be performed progressively, rather than 1 big quiz at the end (or wherever it gets inserted). This would require the separate quizzes to be able to link to each other.

Hi Lynn, We very much appreciate your sharing your opinion about iSpring here on Capterra! As per your feature request, it has been forwarded to our Product Development team. Keep up the great work and please let us know if there is anything we can help you with!

JM

José Miguel D.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Integración con PowerPoint perfecta

Pros

Su integración con PowerPoint y todas las herramientas que incluye para poder crear contenido interactivo. También la rapidez del servicio técnico en darte soporte ante cualquier duda.

Cons

El uso que yo le doy a este programa (creación de contenidos para exportarlos a SCORM) cumple con mis expectativas. De momento no le he encontrado ninguna desventaja.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

LM

Leonardo M.

Education Management, self-employed

Good tool, but it offers an expensive subscription for all the products.

This is a great tool with a great support. However the iSpring company did not follow the lifetime license use requirements in which guarantee to the user all the upgrades.

Pros

It delivers what it is supposed to. The quality is excellent and the interface is so easy to get used to and to manage as well.

Cons

1. Personally, I use the iSpring Converter Pro. This tool should bring a full-screen option after the conversion process from pptx. to HTML 5. Even if we select not to have a template, it doesn't show a full screen interface to the users. 2. Even for lifetime license, iSpring doesn't offer full upgrades guaranteed. I'm got the license to the version 8 of iSpring Pro. I got the upgrade to version 9, but when it changes to the version 10, the iSpring required me to get a subscription of the software. It makes me consider using other similar tools with the same functionality since they offer a real lifetime license.

GB

Gilles B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Quickest way to get your content up and running

Pros

We needed to overhaul our on-boarding experience and had a short amount of time to do it. The Powerpoint plugin allowed us to get our content out much quicker than if we had to recreate all our presentations from scratch in a new content author. I can convert a PPT into a SCORM file in a few minutes!

Cons

It doesn't work on a Mac or in office 365, meaning I have to run a Virtual Machine or use a separate windows laptop.

Hello Gilles, Thank you very much for sharing your case of using iSpring solutions! We very much appreciate your doing that and are extremely happy that iSpring works for you. As per your Cons, even though Mac users can install a ported version of MS Office for Mac including PowerPoint, this toolkit doesn't have full add-in technology support. It was most likely considered an unnecessary feature, and therefore wasn't included in the Mac version of MS Office. Therefore, there is no other known PPT-to-Flash/HTML5 tool that perform conversion natively on Mac OS because this limitation applies to the technology in general. Keep up the great work and we hope that iSpring keeps serving you well!

NR

Nichole R.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Product and User Friendly!

Absolutley satisfied with this product and will continue to use and reccomend it!

Pros

This product is very user friendy for anyone who is technical. I would even say for those who aren't real tech savvy that atleast know their way around PowerPoint can get the hand of this product pretty quickly. It is a very easy way to develop and deploy computer based training modules!

Cons

One of the main improvements I can see is the functionality between the narrartion and navigation. If there were an option for the Next button to not appear until after the narration completed on a slide would be great! You can still make this happen, there is just a little bit of a work around for it.

Hello Nichole, Thank you so much for reviewing iSpring here on Capterra! We appreciate it greatly. It's nice to hear that iSpring's been working great for you so far. In case you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our Tech Support team (support@ispring.com). One of our specialists will be more than happy to assist you!

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Basis für unsere E-Learning Unterlagen

Erleichtert uns die Erstellung von eLearning Content erheblich.

Pros

Wir können weiterhin auf Basis unserer Powerpoints arbeiten und schnell Anpassungen machen oder die Folien weiterverwenden. iSpring nutzen wir, um die Inhalte etwa interaktiver in Form von Quizes zu gestalten. Darüber hinaus hinterlegen wir Tonspuren. Der Export in unser eLearning Portal Moodle läuft problemlos.

Cons

Datenstruktur im Hintergrund aufgrund der Ordner, da wir häufig auch Versionen der PP anlegen und das auch neue Ordner für iSpring bedeutet.

Showing original review in German. See translation