Kangarootime Reviews

4.42/5 (55 reviews)
Pros
  • I like using the rooming feature the most
  • The ability to see who has checked in and when
  • The cost of product is great as it is easy to use
  • Easy to use, all management tools are in one place,
Cons
  • Everything. It is not user-friendly at all.
  • Immunizations feature has to be my least favorite
  • Errors occurring but I know the system updates a lot
  • Wish there was easier way to set up drop in children
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Christina Meyer

I have enjoyed the software and the switch over.

Reviewed 2017-09-12

It is mostly a time saver and parents love being able to pay online

Pros
I like having all of the parent communication piece and my management piece in one software. like being able to look at what the teachers are inputting.

Cons
Not having the Employee section ready and not having the Federal Food Program forms ready. Right now not being able to sumbit this form

Response from Kangarootime

Christina, Thanks so much for the review. Employee section and Food Report automation will be here before the end of the year! Thanks so much for being the best!

Cynthia Norville

Kangarootime is a great tool for preschools and childcare centers

Reviewed 2019-12-12

My overall experience with Kangarootime has been great! The customer service team is swift and considerate. They take suggestions to help make the software more user friendly for our environment.

Pros
What I like most about the software is the tracking and reporting ability for anything we might need.

Cons
What I like least about this software is some of the functions require lots of steps that sometimes I forget.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Cynthia - Thank you so much for writing a review about Kangarootime! We're happy to hear that the tracking and reporting has been helpful to you. We have shared your feedback about the multiple steps with our product team. If you have any input to share in the feature, please reach out to our team!

Ron-Shanita Morris

So convenient and effective

Reviewed 2019-12-11

My experience so far overall has been great. It has brought my business into the 21st century and off of pen and paper.

Pros
Before this software, I was tracking attendance, invoices, payments, and parent correspondence by hand on paper. Kangarootime has freed up so much time and energy and made running my business go so much smoother.

Cons
I wish it was more customizable for my specific business. It would be most convenient if there was center app for my business to use because we are an aftercare service and are not in front of a computer a lot. Also, we charge a different rate one day of the week and there is currently no way to customize that and it requires me to manually add the charge every time.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Ron-Shanita - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that Kangarootime has tremendously helped your business! We also appreciate the feedback about customization and will share this with our product teamwe're always looking for ways to better serve our customers and develop new solutions. If you have any feedback in the future, please reach out and share it with us!

Kellie Pattist

Use of Kangarootime

Reviewed 2019-12-16

We enjoy it! It makes my employees jobs so much easier!

Pros
Kangarootime is very easy to operate and the parents love checking in each day on how their child is doing. It saves us so much paper and time by not having to hand write as much. Messaging and taking pictures is a great tool for the parents!

Cons
Errors occurring but I know the system updates a lot

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Kellie - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. We're glad to hear that our software has helped your parents and employees. If you have any feedback in the future, please reach out to us! Thanks again for taking the time.

Alexa Beal

KangarooTime

Reviewed 2019-12-16

Pros
I like the Customer service most about this software.

Cons
I like the billing Features least about this software.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Alexa - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're happy to hear that our customer service team has been helpful! We would love to hear more about your challenges with the billing featureplease reach out to us and we would be happy to discuss in further detail. Thanks again for taking the time!

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Cecilia Payne

Kangarootime surve

Reviewed 2019-12-19

Pros
The ability to see who has checked in and when

Cons
Parents have a hard time setting up or editing profiles

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Cecilia - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're glad to hear that the check-ins have been helpful at your center. We have shared your feedback about setting up profiles with our product team. If you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Chelsea Zabel

My overall experience with KT has been great! I enjoy working with the program.

Reviewed 2017-12-08

Kangarootime is a great tool to use for childcare facilities! It helps our center stay organized and simple.

Pros
I like the feature where all the child information is easy to access quickly. Also, the employee features where staff can clock in without having to sign in every time. Its much more convenient for teachers who are in a hurry to get to class. The Development and Support teams always get things done quickly and are very helpful.

Cons
KT phone App does not always work and tends to be frustrating to parents.

Response from Kangarootime

Thanks for the feedback, Chelsea! We have made several updates to the parent app recently and we're continuing to improve it even more! We can't wait to release the staff schedule feature!

Samanth Glass

Love it!

Reviewed 2019-12-16

The customer service team is great. All in all we love the software.

Pros
I liked that it was not a monthly subscription. One payment and it’s yours.

Cons
The rooming feature could be more user friendly, but still works well.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Samanth - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime! We're thrilled to hear that you like the software and our customer service team has been helpful to you! If you have any more specific feedback about the rooming feature that you would like to share, please reach out to us directly. Again, thank you for writing a review!

Taylor Rudd

KangarooTime

Reviewed 2019-12-17

It has been great

Pros
It is very easy to use, simple that all my employees and parents have no problem figuring out the app/online

Cons
I don’t like having to log back in every time I leave rooming but I do understand the reasoning as to why it is that way

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Taylor - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We are thrilled to hear that our software is easy to use for both your employees and families! If you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out!

Annette Myers

Hands down, the best customer service team. Any issues are quickly and effectively handled.

Reviewed 2017-09-12

Pros
The tuition payment tracking capability as well as the ability to stay connected to our parents throughout the day are the two greatest features of this program. The extra security that the check in and check out feature provide are invaluable. I am very happy with the decision to stay with Kangarootime - we did research other child care management software when taking over this facility and felt that this one best suited our needs. The customer support has been outstanding.

Cons
Hearing from parents that they are unhappy about the credit card surcharge is what we like least about this program.

Response from Kangarootime

Annette, we are so honored to have you as a customer. This one one our first 'resales' where we transitioned to a new ownership team. Thanks for being so mindful with everything going on in your new business. Please let us know how we can add to your NPS (Net Promoter Score) as that is our obsession to assure that you delight the families you serve.

Thanks,

Scott Wayman
Founder and CEO

Erica Gonzales

Sunshine

Reviewed 2019-12-16

Pros
I like using the rooming feature the most

Cons
Immunizations feature has to be my least favorite

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Erica - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime. We're happy to hear that the rooming feature has been working well for you! If you have more feedback about the immunizations feature that you would like to share with us, please reach out to us. Thanks again for taking the time!

Leigh Miller

It's a wonderful tool to connect with others!

Reviewed 2019-07-17

Pros
The ability to digitally communicate with clients/parents/coworkers, upload and store photos, and share special milestones

Cons
There are some bugs to work out from time to time but their customer service team is very responsive and always willing to take suggestions

Response from Kangarootime

Leigh,

Thanks so much for the feedback. We are REALLY excited to show some of the new features and look forward to the continued feedback.

Shira Leibowitz

Great product

Reviewed 2019-12-19

The experience has been very good.

Pros
The integration with Kisi locks and ability for families to pay through the app are exceptional!

Cons
The ability to use for lesson plans is limited and the payroll function was not sufficiently user friendly for us to use.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Shira - Thanks so much for writing a review for Kangarootime! We're so happy to hear that the lock integration and the payments have helped your center! We appreciate the feedback about the lesson plans and payroll and have shared that with our product team. If you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out!

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Steve Lloyd

Kangarootime has been wonderful to work with. They really care about their customers.

Reviewed 2017-08-25

Empowering my teachers to be responsible for teacher/child ratios, communicating with parents, and documenting cool things that happen each day.

Pros
Kangarootime has been wonderful to work with. They really care about their customers and strive to improve the software to meet the needs of my center. Many issues have been fixed or improved within 7 days which is really fast in the software world.

Cons
Waiting for more great features! I know they work very hard and things are improving very quickly but its hard to wait when your business doesn't wait for you.

Jenna Heller

Life Changing

Reviewed 2017-12-11

Pros
I love how easy my job is now that I'm using Kangarootime! Everything I have to do as an Administrator is fast and easy and accurate - from billing to reporting and the in-classroom portion is amazing. I love that I can log on from anywhere and see exactly what my ratios are in the entire center, even when I'm home sick. This software changed my life and my staff and parents LOVE it. I have an edge on my competition now that I'm using this.

Response from Kangarootime

Jenna, Thanks so much for the feedback!

Tara Kochanskyj

Super user friendly software and amazing customer support

Reviewed 2017-08-26

Pros
I like that I can check in on my school at any time from anywhere. Parents love the daily reports and personal photo galleries. Teachers love how quickly and efficiently they can enter info throughout the day.

Cons
Every once in a while when the company makes updates the software temporarily messes up the next morning and can be unusable for an hour or so until they fix it. I will say the customer service is amazing and any hiccups are fixed extremely quickly

Response from Kangarootime

Tara, we appreciate the review!

Melissa Alvarado

We are so happy with Kangarootime and it's customer service!

Reviewed 2018-04-03

Pros
What I like most about Kangarootime is the amount of information we are able to share with the parents on a daily basis.

Cons
There has not been anything that we like least since we have been using Kangarootime. Any questions we have come across, the kangarootime team has been amazing in answering them and guiding us.

Wade Gelhar

Team Work

Reviewed 2019-12-19

Good. We appreciate their quick response to issues that are on the admin. side of the software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] routinely joins conf. calls to be sure we know they are listening.

Pros
The admin side, billing etc works very well. KT has been great to work with when we have an issue.

Cons
The communication parts and parent/teacher facing side is still lacking.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Wade - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that the billing software has worked well for you and that our team has been helpful. We appreciate the feedback about the parent/teacher facing sidewe have some exciting updates coming next year that will improve all users' experience. If you have any feedback in the future, please reach out to us.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Valarie Petersen

What an AMAZING company to work with!! Customer Service is top notch and software is the best!!!

Reviewed 2018-04-03

Pros
As the owner of a center I love the billing feature and I can control everything right at my computer!

Cons
There is nothing negative that I can say at all. I all love Kangarootime and everything it has to offer our center!

Amy Frazier

Reviewed 2019-12-23

Pros
The cost of product is great as it is easy to use

Cons
Wish there was easier way to set up drop in children

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Amy - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that we've helped your center. We appreciate the feedback about drop-in children and have shared this with our product team. If you have any additional feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out.

Anonymous

Kangaroo Time has changed how we communicate with parents

Reviewed 2018-08-20

Pros
I love that I can digitally communicate with parents throughout the day to send photos, anecdotes, and reminders. It has changed how we communicate with them and eliminates all of the unnecessary paperwork.

Cons
There are still some bugs to work out but I can see that the team is working hard to make improvements

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Anonymous

What we've been waiting for

Reviewed 2019-01-09

I was thrilled to find out that there was a program out there that managed all things childcare. I am looking forward to new features which will improve an already amazing and efficient program.

Pros
Easy to use, all management tools are in one place,

Cons
App freezes if I accidentally hit the "back" button on my phone instead of the "X" when trying to exit the picture gallery, I do not get notifications when my children's teachers send new messages (I typically just happen upon them a day or so later), and it is 100% impossible for me to find a way to delete a guardian; I have been looking both on the app and on a computer browser for 2 days, and am now waiting for a call back from customer service.

Scott Lerner

Excellent from the start! Great customer support!

Reviewed 2017-08-26

Went paperless

Pros
This software has everything I need all in one site. The daily reports and the tracking of children is by far the best I have seen out there! I researched many companies and kangarootime was the most user friendly and best deal out there!

Response from Kangarootime

Thanks so much Scott!!!

Anonymous

Functional and useful to a parent

Reviewed 2018-02-06

I was able to see pictures and access my child's whole day with the click of a button.

Pros
I like that the app and the website have the same set up and system functionality. It was easy as a parent to use the system, once I was set up into it. Payments were a breeze in the system, as well. The check in system was helpful and secure.

Cons
The pictures would glitch and freeze in the app, even when properly updated. On the website version of the software, once pictures were in the system for more than a week, they were unable to be opened.

Response from Kangarootime

Thanks so much for your review! The parent app is undergoing so very exciting changes and will provide you with some AWESOME functionality very soon. We are always so glad to hear from our parents and our goal is to bring you a connected experience. Please reach out to our customer success team any time!

Scott Wayman
Founder and CEO

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Diane Branco

Not Happy!

Reviewed 2019-12-19

Well, I gave up all together understanding your program. The amount of work to do one entry is ridiculous. I can't stand the fact that if I have one simple question, I have to schedule an apt and it is usually 4 or 5 days out. Frankly, extremely disappointed with this program and the overall response time to one simple issue.

Pros
Originally the two-way communication between parents and teachers, as well as the billing.

Cons
Everything. It is not user-friendly at all.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Diane - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We are sorry Kangarootime has not met your expectations. We would like more information about your specific experience with Kangarootime and will have a member of our team reach out to you directly.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10