Kangarootime Reviews

4.42/5 (55 reviews)

Pros
  • KT has great and very personal, hands-on customer service!
  • Nice design of classroom check in's. I would still do some tweaking on this however.
  • It's slick looking and has all of the pieces you'd want as a parent of a child in daycare. Photos, notes, messages, check in/out
  • The real time report reports and the way the parents can communicate through messenger. Every parent has told me how much they like this app
Cons
  • It would be helpful if they were able to expand some of their functions.
  • Cant drag and drop :) its taking me a while to remember to click on the steps that I want but I will get use to it
  • That you need to log out every time you need to go to a different part of the program. And that only one person can be logged in at once.
  • Runs VERY slow on our wifi. When typing messages to parents, it lags terribly. We use this program on iPads and does not work well. iPads are new.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Anonymous

A Step Down from Previous App

Reviewed 2019-04-18

Pros

Cons
No notifications other than messages. Other apps will allow push notifications for all updates provided by the facility and this one doesn't. Also, on the activity feed, there is no time stamp. It rounds up/down to the closest hour (e.g. "about an hour ago") instead of saying "38 minutes ago" which is pretty useless when I need to know when the next meal or nap is due.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi! Thank you for the feedback! We totally understand your need for exact timing on your child's activities, so be sure to check out the "Daily Reports" section through the left hand menu where you can view your child's day with timestamps listed next to each entry. As for the notifications, we'll add some more customization in the future so you can choose what actions will alert you. Our goal is to create something that will fulfill everyone's needs, so thanks again for the feedback and feel free to reach out to us at support@kangarootime.com for any other questions about the new app!

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Monique Bluford

We love using Kangarootime!

Reviewed 2019-12-23

Pros
KT has great and very personal, hands-on customer service!

Cons
It would be helpful if they were able to expand some of their functions.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Monique - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear you love using the software. If you have any further feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to us!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

breanna burns

have only been using this app for a couple months and I love it

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Keely Smith

It was hard to work at the beginning with check ins but over time we got it down pack.

Reviewed 2017-09-18

we did away with the paper and the signing in daily.

Pros
That we are able to contact all of our parents at once with the email application. Also that we are aware of when and what children are arriving.

Cons

Response from Kangarootime

Our customer success team was able to work with the staff at Precious Lamb to improve their usability, thanks for letting us know that the staff needed a bit more training on the system! You guys are awesome customers!

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Carolyn Bell

Child Care Software

Reviewed 2019-12-27

I do not handle the billing side of the program however have heard that we do like the ease of that. Like having all the family information in one place.

Cons

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Carolyn - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. Thank you for the feedback about the slow messagingwe will have one of our team members reach out to troubleshoot this issue with you. If you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10