Procare Online Version Reviews

Procare Online Version

Child care software for centers and after school programs.

Procare Online Version

Review Summary

Pros

It is a great way for parents to sign their child in and out each day as well. They love being updated with what we are eating and activities we are doing throughout our week.

Macie L.

Ariel H.

Read the full review
It's a bit expensive for a part time program like what I run, but overall I am very satisfied and hope it continues to be worth the money as they are always making updates to their program.

Chandra C.

Read the full review

Cons

Also now I am unable to edit/add to a preset item on the invoice process which I was able to do previously. These are both frustrating as it was available before all the recent updates.

Tianna H.

Read the full review
In a longer list this is very frustrating & confusing.

Faith W.

Mo R.

Read the full review

There's no competition when it comes to Kinderlime!

10/10 would recommend. The support and kindness we have received from all Kinderlime staff members has exceeded our expectations. We couldn't be more pleased!

Pros

We unfortunately had to search for a new software program after CCM had a merger and Smartcare was not adequate or a good fit for our program. After a few hours of research and submitting inquiries about various programs, we got a phone call from Akash at Kinderlime. After speaking with him about Kinderlime and what the program had to offer, I was sold! Not only was Kinderlime inclusive of everything...

Cons

I'm not sure there's anything I can say I like "least" about the software. We have been constantly sending suggestions for updates or additional features that we would like to see and have received great feedback on the suggestions. We know that every school is different, but we hope that the suggestions we share could also benefit other schools. We are hoping that some of our suggestions will be developed soon! :)

Good Program

Pros

It's easy to use and navigate. The updates usually add another useful part to the program. I love the layout and the easy on the eyes colors. Just about everything can be customized or added to to fit our needs. The reports section has just about everything I need to run. And the check in and out process with signatures meet my license specialists needs.

Cons

The messaging system is really my biggest complaint. It is not easy to navigate or stay on top of easily. I like that everyone in the info circle gets the messages, but it’s difficult to answer a lot of parents when you have to leave incoming to check sent for each message, and check dates to make sure you are not seeing an older response. If the messages were more like a feed or email run so that...

Using only one Feature of Kinderlime

Pros

It appears state-of-the art when parents are checking in/out their child on the phone or computer. Previously, we had used paper daily to sign the students out.

Cons

1. This software does not allow us to turn off some features that we do not use like the Billing. An amount accumulates through the school year. When I tried clearing their balances, notifications were sent out to parents. This alarms the parents because of an unexpected invoice. We use a different program for billing parents. 2. The report to Export ALL students, Parents and authorized pickups...

Procare Cloud

I love Procare. The slow customer service can be a pain, but it is still great. The value is immeasurable for me. Our whole childcare center runs thru Procare, it is much more than a simple data base to take the place of QuickBooks. If Procare did not exist tomorrow, I would be in a world of hurt! I spend several hours a day on it, between bookkeeping, meals, lesson plans, attendance, and more. I am not sure how a daycare operates with out it.

Pros

The cloud keeps everything updated on all our seats. That is good to know, when you log in, that the attendance and accounts are up to date. We love having pictures of kids, parents, and people allowed to pick up children, it is a great feature. The modules we have work fantastic. I have been a procare user since it was a new company, and I still think it is the best program out there for child care centers.

Cons

GROWING PAINS! I believe Procare has grown so much, that they have lost a little personal service. It can take days to get in touch with someone, and several voicemails to get a call returned. It used to not be so. I do hope they can adjust and get the great customer service back.

Hi Debbie We really appreciate your positive review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying Procare at your child care center! We are sorry that the customer service you have experienced has been less than stellar. Someone from our team will be getting in contact with you to speak with you about what we can do to improve your experience in the future. Again, thank you for your review. We appreciate you as a customer!

Left Kinderlime but came back after 2 months!

It's got all the bells and whistles yet maintains a clean and uncomplicated design. We actually tried going with a competitor after issues with Stripe and dealing with Kinderlime's messaging system and came back after using the other one for 2 months. Kinderlime truly is so user friendly and if I ever have a question, I get a response within the hour. It's good to be home!

Pros

This software is so user friendly! The layout and design is easy to navigate through. The billing feature has been the greatest asset using this software.

Cons

Our biggest issues with Kinderlime have been over the messaging system. I don't like that it doesn't show the string of messages between the parents and staff. You can't see at a glance if a staff member replied to a parent's message and sometimes messages get missed and no one replies thinking someone else did. It makes us look unprofessional when we aren't sure if a message has been answered....

Everything I need, anywhere I need it.

Kinderlime has been with me since day one, from the moment I was licensed. Everything was in one place no need to have rosters and billing spreadsheets and have to enter formulas and hassle with paper sign-in sheets. It is always one of the first things I introduce parents to when they tour our home. I can't say enough great things about it. After the parents start using it they tell the family and friends about it and how they can see what the kiddo is doing, eating, learning, they truly love it. I get to share the milestones and happy faces from the daily activities in a way that it makes the time they spend on the phone all about their little one. Invoice Billing is one of the top things I love keeps me super organized.

Pros

I can access Kinderlime from my desktop, cellphone tablet. and so can my parents. It is super easy to use. It is designed to be paperless and it allows me to run my Home Daycare with ease, even when I am not in the office.

Cons

There is not much more I can ask of the features and functions of Kinderlime. I do participate in the Child Nutrition Program and I have to go to different software to enter my meals and attendance, it would be nice to integrate Kinderlime with the programs like KidKare.

Invaluable for Ratio Monitoring

Pros

Kinderlime has done an excellent job listening to business needs and implementing features we ask for. There are more features for every conceivable activity and tracking need related to childcare, and we love the ease of use. It is the only software we trust to track our daily ratios and staff time cards.

Cons

I personally do not like that there are two or three different sign in screens to click around to--there is the "home" screen of all children (that you can sign them in and out of), an attendance screen that I can sign them in and out on, AND the pin login screen that is difficult to get to. It's confusing for parents and staff.

Kinderlime is easy to use!

Pros

We enjoy how easy the program is to use. We have several seasoned teachers who are not as familiar with technology, and they were apprehensive about using the app at first. However, they find the app easy to use which made the transition into every day use of the app a breeze.

Cons

It would be nice to see a reminder for feedings/ diapers that can be seen when you look at a classroom overview. This helps teachers plan feedings, so that if four infants need a bottle around the same time, they can plan accordingly. This is something other software has that is beneficial when working in a classroom. Would also like to see an optional drop down menu that we can create for billing, so when we have several checks come in, we do not have to keep typing the same thing each time.

I can't imagine running my daycare without Kinderlime!

I love this program. I use Kinderlime, not only to communicate well with parents, but also to keep track of everything required by the state to be a licensed daycare!

Pros

I really like how easy I can file family information and keep records that are required for daycare licensing.

Cons

Sometimes it is tough to adapt to the updates. However, it's been worth it when I figure the updates out.

Carpool function and Alphabetizing problem

Pros

In the two years of use of Kinderlime there have been alot of adjustments and learning of how to best use this product to meet our needs. The customer service is always very responsive even though we are in a totally different timezone. They have also sought to resolve issues as they come up as relate to our specific organization and help direct how to use things that we have trouble with.

Cons

I am reviewing two features as they are what I am currently working through in using the software. 1. We have been trying to implement the carpool feature to avoid individuals having multiple pins for different children they are picking up. The carpool feature is too difficult to monitor. When the caregiver is a parent, the next time that name is used as a carpool it must be added as a carpool...

Using Kinderlime with Our After-school Program for New Americans

Using Kinderlime in our after-school program has been beneficial in the following ways: - It's allowed us to ensure that our staff to participant ratios are always met - It's allowed us to better know each and every one of our kids. We see over 120 children each week. The program allows us to more easily remember faces and names, siblings and parents! - It's given us peace of mind knowing that student...

Pros

What we like most about the program is that it allows us to connect more meaningfully with the parents of the New Americans children we serve in our programs, through the messaging features and newsletter features. It's provided our parents, who are often not invited to participate in their children's care or schooling, with an accessible way to stay engaged with their children and with our program.

Cons

So many of our parents and children are English Language Learners, and are new technology users. It would benefit our program greatly if there were more opportunity to directly engage with parents and participants through the app. Specifically, allowing us to direct and mass message and text them consistently! This is because our parents are more apt to use a texting feature over an emailing or app feature. We've found this to be the truth with our grandparents as well. Our program provdes full transportation to participants, we pick up and drop off kids at home. Having the ability to text parents a notification when their child is on the bus, or about to be picked up, would be fantastic for our logistics, parent engagement and participant safety.

We needed HELP!

Our before- and after-school care service has realized a marked improvement in percentage of payments received due to the invoicing and statement features of Kinderlime. We are much better able to communicate about delinquent accounts and show parents and caregivers their records so that confusion or misunderstanding are eliminated and positive and cooperative customer relations are preserved.

Pros

Kinderlime allowed me and my staff to stay in real-time connection with our attendance, communications with parents and caregivers, and billing all in one platform! I am now able to keep records and communications at hand so that I provide efficient customer service to all stakeholders, including staff. I so appreciate that Kinderlime continuously improves the platform based on input from end users (like me) and always (ALWAYS) responds to requests for help or clarification before the day ends. (I am on the east coast so a time difference is expected.) Kinderlime tech support's prompt replies and interactions through the chat function have always been helpful and thoroughly clarifying. I recommend this service without hesitation or hidden concerns. You will be very satisfied!

Cons

The only challenge I have is that the theme and font colors are sometimes difficult to see. I have to angle my screen "just so" to see things well. The colors are very pleasant, though, so I wouldn't want them to change much.

I compared for months and Kinderlime came out on top

Fantastic software! It is absolutely THE BEST child care app on the market right now. The Kinderlime team is very responsive, they offer real 5 Star customer service.

Pros

As a director, I have worked with several different software platforms over the years. Recently our software company "retired" and I was so disappointed because we loved CCM! Lots of apps are out there and at first many seemed good, but once you start working with them the frustrations are slowly revealed. So I actually ran the demos for four different leading child care management apps with a few...

Cons

I wish they had features to support management of staff data, communication between teachers and the front office, and teacher appreciation (Track hire date, reminder of teacher employment anniversaries, log of training dates with renewal reminders, and a list of personal favorites for teacher gift giving). --Whichever company runs with my idea is going to have an edge! I created a work-around in Kinderlime to enable me to text staff by creating a student named"Staff Members" and then assigning all of the staff as if they were the "Parents".

This software has changed the entire dynamic of our business. Business has never been better!

Overall this software has changed our entire dynamic of the business. Our enrollment has increased 25% and counting with less than 6 months of signing up. Parents are just amazed at what the software can do and are now telling their friends about our daycare. Our administration can easily manage client and employee information which allows more focus on the kids and less time running the business. This software has definitely been a game changer for our facility and we look forward to our continued partnership with Kinderlime.

Pros

The ease of use and the organization of this software has totally changed our business practices and model. We are running a more efficient daycare, focusing more on the kids and not the business side of things. Our teachers are now able to eliminate the task of filling out meal sheets and incident reports and having to keep up with paper trails. The Sign In/Out feature along with the Parent App...

Cons

Not every business is ran the same way and has its different needs. Having stated that, I feel that an improvement on the communication end of the software between parent and administration could use some improvement. The parents are able to send notices via the application but on the dashboard there is no way to communicate back with the parent or even between administration. There are no notices...

Great Investment

I love this program. I can come to one location and track attendance, meals, employee time cards, send message to parent about their child's daily activities and bill my parents weekly or monthly with ease. Kinderlime has cut my work load significantly.

Pros

Kinderlime software is very user friendly and does not require a great amount of time to set up. It is a one stop software program. Parents are able to sign their children in with a pin or signature. No more forgetting to pay and late fee. Parents can pay their tuition from the ease of the home computer. Kinderlime is very affordable for smaller child care facility. This program along has impressed parents and help me gain students.

Cons

I don't have a problem with this software. I have a home daycare and a tutorial session I offer on the weekends and Kinderlime allows me to create different classes for each group I work with. We even use it for Children's church sign in.

All-inclusive Child Care Center Management System

I use to do manage many daily activities the old-fashioned way, by hand! I used another book-keeping software program to track invoices, but I manually input data into a desktop program. I would have to create time-sheets each week for students to sign-in/out, manually log and record meals and activities. Now I can do all of that at the touch of a button or select from a pull-down list. If there is a need that isn't offered I can submit a request and 100% of my suggestions have been added to streamline my activities even more. I couldn't be happier!

Pros

We converted our child care management system into this all-in-one program a little over a year ago and we couldn't be happier. All students, all activities, all staff, including billing are at my finger-tips! This program has cut down on my management time significantly because all features are readily available without having to navigate to another browser or program. Time-savings and thoroughness is a priority and our parents love the features of online payments and seeing 'real-time' activities their child is involved in. Another great feature is the customer service! I cannot say enough about the promptness of Kinderlime's customer service. This is very important!

Cons

I do not have any concerns at this time. We have been very satisfied.

SuperLove KinderLime!!!

I am saving ridiculous amounts of TIME and ENERGY. Billing, attendance, employee hours, etc. is all in one place. So simple!!!

Pros

I love how there are always updates and new features!!! I've been using KinderLime since 2012 and I loved it then, but I SuperLove it now!!! So many things that make my job as a teacher, director and owner SO MUCH faster & easier. I love the intuitive of the app and website. Very simple learning curve - just download and go!!! I'm made several suggestions for improvements over the years and most of my requests have been added features shortly after, so I know they listen to their customers and care what we think!!! When another provider asks about software, I always recommend KinderLime.

Cons

So far, it doesn't track employee hours on the app, so I have to log into the computer to see if someone is approaching their hours for the week and that is not always convenient when you're making a quick decision about who to let go early.

Best Daycare Investment!

Overall Experience: AMAZING!

Pros

There are more things than I can list about this software that I love! -for parents: they love being able to check in on their children during the day, it helps them feel a part of their child's day at daycare when they know they can take a peek at the latest activity -administrative: I love that most of my communication, attendance, billing, and note taking is all in one spot! it's also easy to do updates when we are on the go! -for kids: it helps their parents and care provider have smoother communication and therefore, the child is provided with the best care possible -bonus: the customer service is AMAZING! I've never been more satisfied with a company!

Cons

It does have a lot of features, this really is an all in one software. Luckily, I find all of it useful and so I use the whole system. I used to have a calendar app, a sign in station, a billing binder and receipt software, etc., and now it's all in one place.

it has been good

Pros

I like the overall concept of this software because it helps us to keep our parents and staff up to date as to what is going to in the classrooms.

Cons

when they did all of the upgrades i cannot sign students out from my app on my phone and i dont like the two step part to entering checks i think the check number is enough. I also have had issues with staff not being able to select me at the director when they go to send newletters

Lisa's Lullabies Learning Center- Family Child Care

It is definitely making it easier to be in compliance with Licensing as well as Delaware Stars

Pros

It has definitely helped me manage my daycare operations- sign in/out, billing/payments, family communication, employee timecards, now learning observation and assessment, etc.

Cons

The billing - it would be easier if it would allow me to choose my pay periods with ease being as my parents have different payment schedules. Photo capability- make it easier to share videos/photos with assessors from the state that come in to visit. Should have video capabilities when observing and assessing a child or group of children

Very Happy Customer for over 2years

I love using this product. I use it daily to communicate with my parents. My parents love it too

Pros

It is seamless and Kinderlime is constantly making updates and upgrades. This software isn't only for large centers. I am a in home child care and I feel the easy and usefulness of this product is outstanding. It really helps reduce time spent on things that I would have to do after hours. A lot of times...I can grab my phone and update a parents account while I am thinking about it. I am excited about the menu enhancement made. I plan to use that weekly. Kindelime is always making great progress. Kinderlime listens as well. I made a suggestion and in a short amount of time they made it happen. Thank you Kinderlime for your constant support of my small business.

Cons

Currently I have no complaints about the software. there are a few glitches at times, but that is understandable.

Awesome App for my daycare

I love this software it helps me keep parents notified without having to print stuff out for them. They are loving it and like seeing when the child naps and etc in their notifications throughout the day.

Pros

Love the sign in feature for parents and the reports that I can print with their signatures... the billing that goes directly to parents, the newsletters that I can create. Overall just a great application to keep parents informed of their child's day, meals, billing for childcare and etc all in one place.

Cons

occasional glitch where signatures don't print but they usually fix it right away and its back up and running.

Hollison Smith Lesson Planning/ App in class user Review

I really enjoy using kinderlime. Its super easy user friendly. I do think it has features not working often, but I think that is a bit expected because there are so many people using it. I like it much better than the app that my daughters center uses, which they use brightwheel.

Pros

I can do everything to run my classroom and keep the parents involved with every movement their child makes.

Cons

Lesson planning is a struggle. Putting some kind of time slot in so you can search a time and bring up all the plans created for that time would help make things move faster. I feel like I am always scrolling or looking at a previous plan in order to keep a repetitive schedule that Im being slowed down a lot. I also feel that at times I run too fast for the system.Once I get started on inputting the lessons created im like click click click click and i have to pause for like 15 seconds between each click because the box at the bottom is taking forever to tell me that it was added, which I can clearly see because Im looking right at it.

Changed my Life

I no longer have to calculate hours by hand, add up time cards by hand, process many many credit cards twice a month by hand, call each parent personally and stay in the phone for many minutes, print invoices for parents/clients, the list goes on and on!

Pros

I love that I can see each teacher and child in each class. I love that the billing is all done through Kinderlime and for me. I love that Kinderlime calculates all of my before and after school kids. I love that I can pull reports on anyone that has gone over hours or just pull the monthly hours of the children. I love that my teachers can clock in and out and the hours can be pulled however I...

Cons

So far I love everything about Kinderlime!

Great app for the daycare

I have enjoyed it and have been using it for years. I do wish it was slightly cheaper as it is hard to fit in the budget but i do find it saves us time so keep finding ways to make it work

Pros

It made sending information home with parents much faster and easier to file for future reference. Much less paper used and time writing down the information we require

Cons

I would love to see caps for children based on hours. As we have a license that only allows 40 hours a month. So if the parent and care centre could be notified that they are approaching their 40 hours and then tell them when they no longer have hours that would be very helpful