LatitudeLearning Reviews

LatitudeLearning

Customizable award-winning Learning Platform

LatitudeLearning

Review Summary

Pros

The LMS is very reliable. The support staff are superb at resolving issues and very friendly.

Matthew B.

The performance metrics are a great asset, the setup was fast and easy. The no-risk contract andaffordable pricing makes it an easy solution to implement.

Very easy to use love how simple it was, and love the customer service that is offered to our company.

Holly S.

Cons

Most of my friends grossly misunderstand what you do, and may ask you to fix their printers or hack into the police database to fix a parking ticket. Even most recruiters grossly misunderstand.

Babangida S.

That is until 3 days before Christmas 2014 when one of my clients informed me that there was a major problem with my portal. All of the extensive customization we had brought to our portal was gone.

Ray M.

I can't think of anything that I dislike about the software for the value.

I am a one person training department who relies heavily on Latitude learning to help me.

OSHA compliance and tracking. New employee on-boarding. Monthly safety training. I do all of this with the help of Latitude learning.

Pros

It works. My learners like to use the system and the training. Your support people are the best. They are always willing to answer a question and help out.

Cons

I have looked at the Captivate LMS and like the visual graphic interface. It is difficult to (for me) change my certification curriculum. I would like to see templates of pages to use for my site. I am not a HTML programmer, so making pages easier for me would be better. Possibly the use of an outside tool like DreamWeaver, XD, or other easy to use webpage builder and import a page.

Rick, We appreciate your feedback. I will pass along your suggestion for additional page templates. Please don't hesitate providing more enhancement suggestion here: https://www.latitudelearning.com/lms-enhancement-suggestion. Your input is valuable to the future decisions made on LatitudeLearning.

Does exactly what I need.

Helps us track certifications for our training department.

Pros

You cannot beat the price. The value of what you get for the money cannot be beat. 100 concurrent users for free is amazing.

Cons

I wish the reporting was a little bit better. I would love to be able to see better stats regarding questions missed on tests.

Great news. Our R&D has worked diligently over the past year to give our users a more robust reporting experience. Please take a moment and see the newest reporting capabilities you have at your fingertips.

Difficult to Learn

I was looking for a way to run an online school. I did not find what I needed and would not recommend this website based on my experience.

Pros

It seems to look nice. What? Do I need to add more before you will allow me to go on? There is nothing more good I can say about it.

Cons

It is difficult to setup and create courses. There are many other LMSs out there that are much easier for the teacher to setup and use. I was looking for a replacement for Instructure's Canvas that also has a free for teachers service, but does not allow the setup of a school in the free for teachers program. LL seems to have the school, but it leaves a lot of unanswered questions and no apparent way to find the answers. What would have been better would be if they automatically enrolled you in their own course that explains how to use their service. Frankly, I just got frustrated trying to figure it out and gave up. It just was not worth the effort.

Steven, In addition to using our Forever Free LMS, we also offer a Tools Bootcamp which is 6 hours of one-on-one training. At the conclusion of the Bootcamp you will have a full overview of over 70 configuration and operation tools designed to assist you in organizing people, organizing content, configuring the user experience, managing people, managing enrollments and tracking progress.

Not a bad system for the money

It's ok. Not the best on the market.

Pros

A lot of functionality and features. Definitely will meet a majority of a company's needs. This is a big strength of the system.

Cons

It's not very user friendly. The learning curve is high and even then the steps are very complicated. Seems like they could find easier ways to do tasks.

Effective once all the steps are complete

The product and support elements were there for my organization when most needed; this was hugely appreciated and just-in-time.

Pros

Ability to assess with custom assets - the functionality is clean and simple and easy to populate with custom questions and distractors.

Cons

Over-engineered system for importing new users - hierarchy options try to drill too deep. When importing users I have to complete several other group requirements that are unnecessary for my implementation.

We pride ourselves on being responsive to our amazing clients. We even have a program that ensures we will be there months/years of your initial setup. Our ClientCare¿ program ensures your training program operate efficiently with prompt resolutions to your concerns, regular check-ups, periodic updates and administrative support to paying clients.

Just what we needed!

We didn't have to invest a ton of money to develop a new-hire skills assessment that we only use once in a while, but it's there when we need it.

Pros

There is a great deal of flexibility in the assessment styles. We needed a solution for a pre-hire skills assessment. I used to be a K-12 teacher, and I was looking for something inexpensive to use in my current role in HR, but we didn't want to invest a ton of money into something we wouldn't use very often. This really solved all of our problems.

Cons

The only thing that I feel is missing from this user experience is a way to filter teacher-touch essays and non-auto-graded questions through the grading system. My workaround is to assume those questions are going to be scored incorrectly, and inform the user beforehand that their score will not reflect accurately their skill level.

Pretty good solution for my needs

Improved learning process of employees among with other E-learning tools we use.

Pros

compatibibilty with our internal softwares. Issues and errors are rare. Adaptations can be done quickly and efficiently. No frequent/earnest need yet to contact custommer support, but I guess thats a good sign.

Cons

Somehow the interface of tools. Doesn't allways work intuitive. I still have issues making reports, I sometimes need different information but the provided info.

Nico: Ours Tools Bootcamp will help you enhance your LMS experience. It comprises of one-on-one training sessions, totaling 6-hours, that walks you through the basic tools available to aid in the configuration and operation of your LMS. You will get an overview of over 70 configuration and operation tools designed to assist you in organizing people, organizing content, configuring the user experience, managing people, managing enrollments and tracking progress. At the conclusion of Tools Bootcamp, you will have a better understanding of these tools and how they should be used to enhance your training program.

Well designed for sole proprietor with lots of students, but no admin time!

Pros

This was exactly the tool I needed to put the course ONLINE, so my students are not tied to a specific time and place for annual continuing ed classes.

Cons

I have to hire a third party with specified software to convert my PowerPoint and Google Slides courses to a format the LMS system will use......I want to be able to do the upload of new courses myself.

Simple LMS for small projects

Pros

If you are in need of an LMS to show your portfolio or just as a sample, then the free small version of Latitute Learning LMS is great. It has a simple but effective amount of features which work perfectly for simple needs.

Cons

Obviously, for the price it is basic but if you only need this for showing a portfolio or small-scale courses, then this is great.

Great if you are getting started

Pros

I have used the free version of this for some time. It is a cost-effective way to publish courses online.

Cons

The out of the box version is ugly. It takes a lot of knowledge and work to make it not look cookie cutter.

Simple and effective LMS for business use

Edvance360 supplied information to conduct a run-off between its product and others in the market. Edvance360 offered my client the most cost effective approach, answering all of the scores of questions to determine if it was a solid choice for the business or not. Their product won on merits of functionality, and virtually seamless fit with the client's environment.

Pros

Simple, easy to develop and deploy lessons and activities. Reporting is sufficient for the business application of the online system. Edvance360 was exceptionally responsive with training, answering support questions, and overall concern for how the product was being received. High praise for a company of its small stature. The support folks were always very responsive.

Cons

At times the administration of new and current students presented challenges that were overcome. The lack of ability to reshape the learning environment is a negative as the audiences in businesses vary so much, each role needs a different user environment. Too difficult to make screen changes, but otherwise, content management was cumbersome but worked.

Latitude Deserves Five Stars

I run a training and development firm which specializes in Customer Focus and Service Excellence. It is critical that we practice what we teach. The same must be true for any strategic partners we work with. When we launched our web-based customer experience certification training program we needed an LMS provider that exemplified our service values because to our customers the learning interface is...

Cons

We did a lot of searching before selecting Latitude Learning as our LMS. Good value.

Great value for the features we get. Good for mid-sized companies who do not have unlimited funds to purchase their own LMS.

Pros

This LMS is very user friendly for the non-html user to set up and operate. The value of the product for a company our size made this an easy choice and we couldn't be happier. Recent upgrades to features makes us even more thrilled and the service we've received is top notch.

Cons

When having to search for several people by name, it would be nice to streamline the clicks needed to do several searches at a time.

Laura, We are glad we got picked!! Thanks for your feedback about the multiple people search. I'll pass that along to our R&D team.

An overall good experience: good LMS, great customer support

Pros

The LMS is very reliable The support staff are superb at resolving issues and very friendly Latitude seriously values its clients' input and works hard to provide them with the features they want

Cons

The interface and system design are sometimes user-unfriendly, but Latitude is working to make both better The interface also looks dated but that's also something Latitude is working to fix

Matthew, Great to hear you are finding LatitudeLearning as a reliable LMS. Your experience and success are important to us, which is why we are working to improve our product and the overall success of your training program.

Easy to design and understand how to use the LMS

Customer Satisfaction

Pros

The software is very easy to use and understand. not having much of a tech background, I was still able to design the system based on our needs. The users manual is very helpful.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I dislike about the software. I have already recommended the system to several others

Laura, Your recommendations to our product is very appreciated. Thanks you for using LatitudeLearning.

Simple user experience and outstanding Admin support!

The advantage of using video and screen recordings in our training. Consistent delivery!

Pros

One of its strengths is the flexibility in knowledge delivery modes: Single course, Course groupings, and certification support. The LMS is great at delivering our videos and screen recordings used in our training programs.

Cons

Thanks Orlando! We pride ourselves on our ClientCare Team.

Versatile tool

Pros

Latitude allows my company to involve several different department owners in customizing training courses for their users. In a growing company, this is imperative and will only increase in use. Training staff were knowledgeable and able to walk our group through a better understanding of the tool.

Cons

The portal customization is clunky and difficult to easily and quickly use. Users would benefit from a drag and drop user interface for branding purposes. It also seems difficult to quickly upload a group of users or change where a user reports as the company expands its use and people change jobs. I only use the software every month or two, so users with more time in the platform may not have these issues.

A robust LMS

Pros

Ease of use, structure of system fits organizational design of a business, easy to upload content and deploy coursework

Cons

Batch User Import can be a struggle to get it right, once you do it's a great tool that can save time

User Friendly

Pros

LatitudeLearning provides Great Customer Support. Easy implementation and customization. User testing was great too.

Cons

LatitudeLearning was kind of expensive to buy/subscribe. I'd recommend they come up with a more cost friendly option.

Brian, I agree, our ClientCare is a top-notch team that prides themselves on responding quickly and resolving customer concerns is a timely fashion. I'm interested in learning more about the price quotes you encountered. Industry-wide, we are extremely competitive and generally have one of the best prices considering the overall functions and features we provide.

Easy to use and set up

Pros

The help desk is very helpful and quick to answer questions. I'm not the most technological person and I have encountered a few questions and they were very quick on getting back to me with the right answer.

Cons

Laura, Our ClientCare Team ensures your training program operates efficiently and that means quick response time. Thanks for the feedback!

When I was primary admin all went well, we shifted with growth and I moved training, all seems fine

staff training & development options

Pros

It is intuitive and easy to set up, assign users and the ease of use and access for self training works well.

Cons

Of course us being a non-profit all costs are always our issues regarding budgeting, so the access to free is imperative for us.

Martin, It's for clients like yourself that we provide Our Forever Free LMS up to 100 users. You'll get the same feature-rich LMS in use by Fortune 500 companies plus over 70 free e-learning courses. No contracts. Use it as long as you want. Unlike other free learning management systems that require you to install software, our is a hosted free LMS.

There is a small learning curve. Overall easy to use and very functional.

I use this software for my online classes for working towards my master's degree. It works well for short video and discussions.

Pros

The software is easy to use once you have learned how to. The learning curve is small. Uploading is very easy to complete. There is a very nice free version to use

Cons

There is a learning curve, but it is a small learning curve. The software is difficult to use with Macintosh. Tools can be confusing at times.

To help get our clients over the learning curve we provide LatitudeLearning's Tools Bootcamp which comprises of one-on-one training sessions that walks you through the basic tools available to aid in the configuration and operation of your LMS.

Meets and exceeds my needs

The learning curve for using Latitude Learning is manageable. Once I 'played' with the functionality it became more intuitive. Once familiar with the system, it works like a dream! It does what I need for my business and is one of my favorite tools.

Pros

The quality of the pre-loaded course work is great. It is relevant, to the point and well designed. The ability to do bulk loads, branding and using the 'impersonate' feature is better than I expected.

Cons

I'm having some issues getting summary reports, but I have just begun using that feature. Also, I'm no 'techno-genius' so some of the language and definitions were barriers for a while.

Great LMS

Pros

Vast functionality. Easy to roll out to multiple sites, administrators and users. Library of free content is deep.

Cons

Not immediately intuitive. Took time to set up before rolling to administrators. Users needed some instruction around how to access the content.

Joseph: thanks for your feedback. We do provide a Getting Started Guide that is located on our Support Page to help give step by step instructions on how to set up an LMS.

We love Latitude so much we signed a five year deal!

Pros

Very easy to use. Customer support is excellent, responsive and genuinely seem concern for our satisfaction.

Cons

Would like a more contemporary look and feel, kind of like this survey. Would like a more contemporary look and feel, kind of like this survey.

It goes both way, Clay. We love having you are a valuable client. As you know, we are constantly working to improve our product so we can continue to win your business.