LearnSpeed Reviews

4.77/5 (26 reviews)

Jason Roe

Highly Competitive, Fast, and Reliable

Reviewed 2019-10-30

Great company. Very personable.

Pros
Fast and Reliable. When we started using Learnspeed, it was our first CRM and tutoring software. Before this, we paid $10,000 to have someone try and create software like this for us from scratch. It was a terrible idea! LearnSpeed already had nearly all those features and more. In recent years LearnSpeed has made great updates to the user interface, mobile optimization, and payment gateway. Learnspeed listens to its customers and makes updates based on their recommendations and needs.

Cons
Though LearnSpeed made all the changes we wanted, since they are a relatively small operation, they couldn't make the updates as quickly as we would have liked.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks Jason! We very much appreciate the feedback.

Connie Perney

Very Good Tutoring Scheduling Program

Reviewed 2016-07-13

We evaluated 2 other scheduling programs in addition to LearnSpeed. LearnSpeed was chosen because of flexibility to use in both individual and group tutoring sessions as well as the ability to view calendars from multiple perspectives. Price was right too!

Pros
We love the calendar especially from an Admin perspective. It gives a clear, colorful view of where our availability is and with whom. We were able to easily customize the Work Order template to ensure we ask for key information at the initial inquiry to help the tutors know more about the student. Parents are very happy getting reports emailed to them after each session which is huge. There are no surprises in this case on a student's progress. The LearnSpeed Support Team is awesome! They generally respond within the same day, sometimes within the same hour! They provide clear solutions or directions to questions or problems encountered.

Cons
We are anxiously awaiting the ability to send SMS or text messages out to our students via LearnSpeed. As most students admit they don't look at email, we currently have to text from a personal cell phone any important info or message to a student. We'd also like to see a mobile app for iOS and Android users to login and check calendars, read messages, etc. Lastly, an updated GUI or interface that a little more user-friendly would be good (cleaner, streamlined).

Response from LearnSpeed

Thank you, Connie. A new UI is actually in development.

Evan Wessler

LearnSpeed Enabled Our Tutoring Business to Scale

Reviewed 2016-07-12

Prior to using LearnSpeed, we had our customer information, our students' academic information, parent billing information, tutors' session logs, and card processing utilities all in different places and across several programs. LearnSpeed allowed us to handle all of the aspects of managing our tutoring business in an easy-to-use interface at a cost that was right for us, saving us time and increasing our efficiency. Without LearnSpeed, we could not have scaled our business anywhere near as successfully as we've been able to.

Pros
LearnSpeed is excellent for keeping track of incoming leads (prospects), assigning tasks to office managers and tutors to contact parents/students, and handling tutor logs. With a few clicks, it's easy to get 100% of the relevant information for any given client without having to leave the program. My personal favorite is the logging/timesheet utility, whereby we can accurately manage and monitor client billing and tutor pay in a neat interface.

Cons
The only complaint I've got is that session credit handling doesn't work as seamlessly as I would want, and the revenue feature could be tweaked to allow more accurate handling of income.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks Evan. Improved session credits and scheduling speed are on the way!

Adam Meyers

LearnSpeed Review

Reviewed 2016-07-08

I have been using LearnSpeed for over 10 years. The functionality and support have been solid. There are of course aspects of the program that don't meet my business needs but overall good enough that I've chosen to continue being a customer for so many years.

Pros
- Has most features to meet my business needs. - Friendly and helpful support. - Relatively fast processing speed.

Cons
- Can't turn off features that I don't use. - Dated user interface. - Inflexible reporting (and LearnSpeed charges for custom reports).

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks for the feedback Adam. Really appreciate the business over these past years. Stay tuned for a interface update coming this fall.

Sandy Bartlett

We love LearnSpeed!

Reviewed 2016-07-15

We switched over to LearnSpeed at the beginning of the last school year. After almost one year of use, we are finding ourselves extremely happy with the product. Scheduling staff and students is much more efficient than our old, cumbersome scheduling software. The LearnSpeed interface is easy to use. Reschedules and changes are a breeze.

Pros
The LearnSpeed customer service is fantastic!!! We receive responses to our questions usually same day. Not only are our questions answered thoroughly but when our question brings up a new issue, LearnSpeed works to help us find a solution. We have never been left hanging without an answer. Clients, tutors and admin find LearnSpeed easy to use and convenient to access in the office and outside the office. The drag and drop feature for moving a session within a day makes rescheduling times very easy. The number of reports that we have access to is fabulous. We love having access to all of this data.

Cons
LearnSpeed has something called dynamic invoicing which means that invoices can change - even after they are sent to the client. This has caused some invoicing issues for us. Also, partial payments on invoices are not reflected.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks Sandy. Really appreciate the feedback.

Vince Perry

Great system.

Reviewed 2016-07-08

We have used LearnSpeed for the past ten year. I couldn't imagine running an education center without it. It has helped us focus on higher value activities which translate to better customer experience and loyalty.

Pros
LearnSpeed is a very comprehensive system. The LearnSpeed team understands the reality of our day to day needs and has excellent customer service. They answer their phones and are very responsive to any issues that come up. Over the past ten years we have seen many improvements which have been added without disrupting our existing practices.

Cons
They system is very comprehensive. If you are looking for the most simple system, then LearnSpeed is likely not for you. But if you are looking for a full solution which will grow with your business, then LearnSpeed is a great choice.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks Vince.

Jated

Joshua Chernikoff

Where would my business be without LearnSpeed?

Reviewed 2016-07-07

The answer is my business would be nowhere near as big today if I had not started using LearnSpeed in January 2008. The software has helped me scale my tutoring business, while performing more than 20,000 hours of tutoring by over 600 tutors.

Pros
LearnSpeed let me manage the business and grow it! I didn't have to focus on software development and left that to the pros at LearnSpeed. And, when I wanted a new feature added, they were happy to listen and implement the suggestions. Again, the biggest pro is it helped me build my business the right way.

Cons
No complaints -- not one.

Response from LearnSpeed

Josh - thanks for the positive feedback. We've enjoyed watching your business grow over the years and have appreciated your business.

Lisa Miller

Learnspeed helped us provide better services and grow our business!

Reviewed 2016-07-08

Working with Learnspeed has been a very positive experience for us. We really appreciate all of the technical support that the team initially provided as we familiarized ourselves with the program. We've been happily using the software now for nearly four years and they are still available to us should we ever need support. Learnspeed has simplified our systems and as a result, our business runs more smoothly and efficiently, which facilitated our growth. Overall, we are very satisfied customers!

Pros
Learnspeed integrates scheduling, billing and payroll, so that we can focus on what we do best--tutoring! The session reports are an excellent communication tool.

Cons
There are a few scheduling features that would make things even easier, and the LS team is aware of them and is responsive to our feedback.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks Lisa. Appreciate the feedback!

Nick Smith

Invaluable Software forTutoring Business

Reviewed 2016-07-15

Our tutoring business has been using Learnspeed for the last 8 yrs and I can honestly say I don't know how we got along BL (Before Learnspeed).

Pros
The best feature about the software is that it allows managers to stay up to date on the progress of the students. It also provides parents with consistent progress reports.

Cons
There have been glitches w/ the time changes in the past (fall back/spring forward), but those seem to have been addressed.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks, Nick. Really appreciate the feedback.

Steve Oas

Learnspeed = Lifesaver

Reviewed 2016-07-08

I work with a Non Public Agency that staffs schools throughout Southern California as well as a pediatric therapy and tutoring office. The team at Learnspeed have been excellent to work with. They spend time educating our staff, developing training material, and discussing and modifying invoice reports as needed based on our unique needs. I previously used another system for tutoring companies which was not a pleasant experience. Learnspeed has been much more accommodating, flexible and fast!

Pros
The system is not static. It can be changed and modified for the users and for our clients. It has many functions that can be used to help manage your business. - scheduling - note taking - client log in - invoicing - prepayment designation - speed of the system

Cons
The Calendar feature does not yet allow for entering repeating sessions only 2 times per month.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks Steve - that every other week repeating calendar feature is coming soon! jw

Michael Eldeiry

Learnspeed is awesome for tutoring companies!

Reviewed 2017-01-18

I love learnspeed. From the day I started my tutoring company, I looked for a software program that would generate invoices from appointments on a calendar and that would allow me to automatically bill those invoices and send the information to my accounting software. I had given up looking until I found learnspeed. It's vital to our business.

Pros
Functionality is brilliant. The ability to automatically generate invoices from appointments and to bill those invoices is a life-saver.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks for the review Michael!

Lisa Brackin

Lisa Brackin, ET/P

Reviewed 2016-07-21

I have found that this software allows me to stay in touch with parents and keep them in the loop more easily, which builds loyalty and allows me to keep a record of progress and needs of students. There are many features that I do not personally use, such as billing, because I prefer to use quickbooks and invoice in advance.

Pros
The ability to document sessions actively.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks Lisa.

Jason Robinovitz

An essential part of my business

Reviewed 2016-07-08

We've been a LearnSpeed client from the beginning. From the day we implemented LearnSpeed in our business it became an indispensable part of our business. The customer support has been excellent, Jared and his team have always solved any issues that arose and developed new functionality based upon our requests and needs.

Pros
Customization Customer support Calendar reminders

Cons
We would like it run a bit faster

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks Jason. Very much appreciate the positive feedback and our ongoing business relationship.

Kaitlin Gaj

Excellent tutoring management system!

Reviewed 2016-07-11

Our tutoring agency began using LearnSpeed in 2008. It makes running the business a million times easier! I can't imagine a system with better features to make the whole process more simple and streamlined. I highly recommend it!

Pros
The system is very comprehensive user friendly and has proved to be a huge timesaver. The staff is very helpful and provides wonderful customer service!

Cons
Don't have any!

Response from LearnSpeed

Kaitlin,

Thank you for your great review!

Robert Windle

Great service for our small business

Reviewed 2019-09-20

Scheduling and billing all in one place.

Pros
It unites several systems which we previously had separated. I haven't fully explored and utilized the types of reports available, but the ones I have used have been very helpful.

Cons
Just wish it could sync with quick books online.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thank you Robert for the feedback. QuickBooks online integration coming soon. We'll keep you posted.

Anne Luke

Learnpeed Review

Reviewed 2016-07-13

We have been using Learnspeed to organize our tutoring business for years. It allows us to have a software specific to our business. It has already been customized for a tutoring business, however we were able to make our own customizations for our center.

Pros
This software is all encompassing! It allows for systematization with every aspect of our needs. We are able to send home reports to parents, keep track of payroll and billing. It covers all parts of what we need and takes away the need of using multiple software systems. The overall organization of Learnspeed is awesome and provides the structure we need to be successful.

Cons
We have had a lot of glitches with our system. Some features do not always work.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks Anne.

Juvy Mojares

LearnSpeed makes a "speedy" software that blends technology well through its easy to use GUI

Reviewed 2018-12-19

Pros
The scheduling feature of the software makes me a good scheduler. I also utilize well the log feature of the software and I can keep track of every tutoring session or transaction for every student. This is one of the perfect software that suits to the need of every user - it can be customized depending on the each institution's business needs. I love also the way customer support provides solution in every query that I have in a timely manner.

Cons
At this point, none! So far, the features I used are responsive.

Eli P

LearnSpeed makes the tutoring workflow easy

Reviewed 2019-10-10

Pros
Quick access to vital info on clients. Managing schedules and communicating with customers was simple.

Cons
The backend UI was a work in progress, but it's much better now.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks for the positive feedback Eli! Glad you like the new UI!

Maria Graterol

Great software for your tutoring business

Reviewed 2018-06-30

Pros
All the information you need to run your tutoring business in one place: parents info and students progress, classes and sessions, tutor's calendar. Reports bring a lot of helpful data. Customization is great for sending emails the way I prefer. Support is really good, they are quick to answer questions.

Cons
The user interface is outdated. The learning curve is really high, it took me a lot of time figuring out how the software works but there are some videos in their website that show how to use their main functionalities.

Response from LearnSpeed

Maria - Thank you for your review. Glad LearnSpeed is working for you. Understand and agree about the user interface. There are trade offs between focusing on fresh look and feel and depth of core functionality. We've focused on the latter, believing that once you get through the setup and training, you will greatly appreciate the depth and flexibility of the product.

Cheers,

Ileana Padilla-Boyd

Loving LearnSpeed!

Reviewed 2016-07-19

Wonderful one to one customer service and personal attention. Responses to questions or concerns usually take 2 to 3 days for a response from LearnSpeed.

Pros
It is very easy to work with.

Cons
It needs some updating. Need to correct some glitches über the "student" tab. It shows the wrong amount of students. It has been over 8 months since the problem started but has yet to be corrected.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks Ileana.

M Gupta

Very good software platform for managing your tutoring business

Reviewed 2017-01-14

We have been using learnspeed for little over a year. Its a good integrated software solution if you are running a tutoring center with multiple tutors and offerings. It handles scheduling, billing and payroll very comfortably. Support team is responsive. There is a learning curve to get comfortable with using the system but that is to be expected with any new software.

Pros
Widgets on the dashboard allows me to track things that are important. Session notes after every session is an integral part of our business. LS handles it well. there is a notes approval workflow, which is very desirable. We can assign tasks internally, which streamlines our workflow. Invoicing and payroll is relatively smooth

Cons
Drag and drop feature on the calendar is a double edge sword, which works mostly well but sometimes can move sessions to places where it was not intended. LS can not handle split payments on invoicing.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks Manjri!

Jack Woodruff

Manna from heaven for our tutoring outfit

Reviewed 2017-04-08

Learnspeed brought everything, including billing, into one place. Our team is SO much more efficient, and our service stronger. Major pros: - Integrated credit card billing. Rate is reasonable, something like 3.2%. No more QuickBooks invoicing nightmare! - Calendar functions so we know when our tutors are available - Session reporting that goes to all stakeholders - MILLIONS of reports that reveal everything happening in your business The one major piece still needed is payroll integration into Quickbooks, so we don't have to enter that data manually. But that's honestly not that big a deal. LearnSpeed was a lifesaver, and I wish this hard working team the best.

Pros
EVERYTHING in one place! Tutor info, client info, student info, billing info. Dream come true.

Cons
Needs QuickBooks payroll integration

Response from LearnSpeed

Hi Jack, Thanks for the positive feedback! Greatly appreciated! - Jared

Susan Cumberland

Learnspeed has improved our overall service

Reviewed 2017-02-16

We built our own software application from scratch 15 years ago. It was great at first, but as we grew we needed more features. We constantly had to upgrade in order to stay secure. It was costly and frustrating. 1.5 years ago we decided to take the leap and find another software to work with. After much research we chose Learnspeed. The transition went much better than we expected. They were supportive and patient during the process. We have been using Learnspeed now for almost 2 years and it is a relief to carry on business without the burden to managing our own software. It is user friendly and has useful features that have streamlined our business operations. There are several reports that can help you make business decisions. I highly recommend this software.

Response from LearnSpeed

Thanks Susan for the review! Greatly appreciated.

Balwinder Plaha

Makes tutoring easy

Reviewed 2019-04-18

Pros
LearnSpeed has great features such as keeping tutors up to date about the progress of the students. Rescheduling of a session is also one the good features I like the most.

Cons
Company should launch mobile applications too. In today's world, most of the people prefer to make their life easy using mobile applications.

Anonymous

comprehensive software with scalable pricing

Reviewed 2018-05-11

Pros
when you start with learnspeed, you don't have to fork over a bunch of money. they charge per session logged which means there is no big commitment. they have a lot of features, probably covering everything you could ever want

Cons
when i used it the software was not mobile friendly. a lot of tutors want to log sessions from their phones so this can be an important attribute.