LifeCubby Reviews

Jill W.

The graphics are colorful and fun and can be edited if so desired. It invites parent involvement by letting them help modify their accounts and add their own photos and information.

Amy L.

I like that it's very user friendly, there is a nice flow to the daily chart, it's color coordinated and very organized.

Kimberly S.

Cons

There is no option for staff anniversaries and showing birthdays report. I can't add in both parents, in order to do so both parents need to have an email which I think is ridiculous.

Sheena K.

I find the lack of updates minimal and teacher’s have said they struggle to figure out how to enter information into LifeCubby.

Meg N.

Sometimes when you loose the internet connection you can not recover a video that was not send to the parents.

Sandra B.

1,293

2,721 reviews

LifeCubby is a great tool for daycare use

Transcript

Lauren R. : Hi, my name is Lauren. I'm a physical therapist and I give LifeCubby a four out of five....

Bringing family closer to our son

Transcript

Fabio: Hi, I'm Fabio. I work for a financial software industry and I rate LifeCubby as a four. I use...

Reliable & User-friendly

I am impressed with the service and i will give them five stars. I highly recommended to anyone who are tensed about their children.

Pros

If you are tensed for your children in the daycare centre then i can say that there is nothing to worry about if you have LifeChubby software. We are using it for many years and we can ensure you that it is best for you because of its excellent features. Easy to interact with parrents as well as you can monitor your children wherever you are.

Cons

I didn’t find any negative things but it would be better if it more quick after last update. Because i found it slower after the last update.

Thank you Kamrul for your review of LifeCubby!

LifeCubby

LifeCubby is a great basic software, but there is a LOT of room for improvement so that schools like mine don't have to use multiple systems and softwares.

Pros

I like that the parents get an app to access their child's daily reports. Saves on paper!

Cons

I don't like that they haven't been able to update the software easily to adapt to the pandemic rules. Since it is common place now to have to ask the covid questions, it should of been added immediately so that we could enter it on the children's daily reports. The fact that they cannot add a space for us to include questions becomes EXTREMELY time consuming on our side. I don't like that we can't customize our attendance reports so that we can easily print them for our state reimbursements monthly. We have to add a bunch of data after we print the basic report.

Kathy, thanks for your feedback and review.

Great Concept, Needs optimization

I, personally, am not solving business problems with this app. But I imagine that my childrens' school is solving communication issues with parents and teachers, allowing them to speak in real time throughout the day. It also allows the school to document, in writing, that they have provided certain information to parents. I LOVE the concept of this app and hope some optimization is planned to increase the user-friendliness.

Pros

The intended use of this software is a great concept- to facilitate communication between teachers and parents; and exchange documentation and photographs on a secure platform. The best thing about this app is the "Daily Sheet", which is available to seen in real time for each child. The Daily Sheet provides information about the child's day, such as food eaten, diaper changes, mood, nap times, etc.. It's a HUGE help to know how your child's day went and how that may affect their time at home.

Cons

The app is clunky and not user friendly. It can be difficult to navigate and the messaging feature, for example, does not work consistently nor intuitively. When I click on the message icon, I expect to see a thread of prior messages between myself and the teacher/classroom, but random messages often disappear. Also, there is a notification icon if something new is added to the child's page, but it doesn't disappear even after you've checked the new item. It gives the impression that you should still be looking for a 'new item' which could be a message, photo, incident report, menu, or some other type of documentation. There is also a character limit in the message section that is pretty short- a couple sentences maybe.

Hello Stephanie, Thank you for your feedback. Feel free to call the office 614-423-7815 or email us at contact@lifecubby.me for assistance.

Speaking from Childcare Software Expert

Overall I think our company has been pretty happy with LifeCubby. Mainly because of how "easy to use" it seems to be for all users. It also doesn't often go under repair, or seem to be out of commission. Which is super helpful for the business and families.

Pros

It has been super easy to train staff to use this software, as well as getting new parents used to using it. From the admin standpoint, navigating around the software, like adding new kids or staff is really easy. So if it's someone's first experience with Childcare Software, this is a super easy one to learn how to.

Cons

I've used other childcare software programs, at least three others, and I've found that LifeCubby has the least about of features that I am used to. Sure the main ones that everyone wants is there and available, but the "extras" seem to be slim on this program specifically.

Thank you Stephanie for your review of LifeCubby. Please feel free to email or call us with "extras" that you are looking for. contact@lifecubby.me or 614-423-7815

Life Cubby has made my life much easier!

We love Life Cubby! The technical support is amazing. Every time I have called with a question [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has answered my phone call right away and she always knows how to help me. I've received nothing but positive feedback from families also. I'm very thankful I decided to switch to Life Cubby!

Pros

The onboarding process was so easy since Life Cubby set up all the information and accounts for us. Adding new students is a breeze. The reports are very helpful and I love how easy it is for my teachers to communicate with families through pictures, videos, and messages. My favorite part about the system though is how it ties together lesson planning, observations and assessments. This has saved a lot of time for my teachers.

Cons

The system took a little bit to get used to. However, I think it was due to the fact that I was used to another software and Life Cubby being so different...in a good way!

LifeCubby saves time

Overall, it is has been helpful for tuition collection and attendance. With more reports and the ability to post pictures from our tablets, it would be great.

Pros

Tuition collection and attendance records.

Cons

Our tablets are unable to transfer pictures to LifeCubby. One of the main reasons to purchase this software. More reports and extracts of data are needed.

Thank you Cindy for your review of LifeCubby.

Great Program

Costumer service is wonderful and very responsive. The program does what we want it to do. I wish pricing was a little more friendly as that is a reason we are looking at other programs.

Pros

I love the ease of communicating with families. They can see all the information and communicate with staff when they get time, or staff can ask questions throughout the day.

Cons

I wish there were more features on the admin side. More direct access to times all in one place for each child instead of having to pull a report. I wish the billing feature was easy to navigate as we have schedules that change on a weekly basis. I would also like to implement the food program feature but seems not as user friendly so we have just been doing it all on paper.

Great company to work with.

We have had LifeCubby since 2018 and the staff have always been there to walk beside us if we have any difficulty and help us work through gathering the data we are trying to gather or whatever the need may be.

Pros

What I like the most about LifeCubby is that the staff are always willing to work with you and help you. In a day where almost all customer service is computerized it is great to pick up the phone and talk to someone who will help you in a very timely manner.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lot of clicks to get to your destination; however, every time we call and mention this they are very quick to fix it if it is possible.

Thank you Jeni for your review of LifeCubby!!

Great App with FANTASTIC Customer Support

Because this is the first time that we are using this app, we had questions. Many questions on random days. The customer service is excellent. They are always there for you.

Pros

Very easy to use. Comprehensive and yet simple. Will be definitely switching from our current apps as everything is in one.

Cons

Nothing. Life cubby really meets my needs.

Thank you Dorota for your review!

Needs Improvement

Lifecubby has been difficult to adjust to. Many processess seem to be of an antiquated programming design that could be re-written to be more efficient. I am very satisfied however with the customer service as well as the vine assessments, the ability to isntantly attach observations to them, the ease of lesson planning (even though I would prefer the teacher to be able to publish their own), the instant messaging feature and the price.

Pros

The most appealing part of the software are the vine assessments and the instant messaging between parents and teachers . If it weren't for that I don't think would continue to use Lifecubby.

Cons

I don't like the process of approving things. For instance, when approving observations I find it redundant and time consuming. It seems ridiculous to have to click on observations, click publish, click Dashboard and click observations again. It would be so much better if while in the observation tab we could see them all at once and publish all at once. It would save time and I wouldn't have 30 new tabs that now need to be closed

Thank you Maureen for your feedback and reivew. We have very few programs that use the pre-screen feature. I will see if approving observations as a group is something that can be developed. As for lesson planning, teachers can publish their lesson plans. There is a save and publish function on the classroom log ins. Let me know if you have other questions.

We have been using LifeCubby in our center for about 6 years and it has proven to be an asset to us.

Pros

The teachers don't have to use paper anymore for daily sheets, portfolios or attendance. Parents like that we're a techy center. I can use the Director's Dashboard from my computer in the office to see how many students and teachers are checked-in throughout my building which is really helpful since we have a large center. I also get an email notifying me if there's a message. The eBlast system...

Cons

The reports need work. I wish LifeCubby had more reports, and some of the ones that they have really need improvement. The reports don't all work the same, and it seems that some of the reports follow different style guides. They keep coming out with more reports, so I'm hoping that some of the ones that I use to get from Procare are out soon. Also there needs to be a way to generate balance-due...

Thank you Annette for your review of LifeCubby!

I think that the features are not developed to maximum potential. The app is not developed well.

Pros

I like the concept of LifeCubby of having the daily sheets and pictures of the activities. when it works properly it is a good tool to have. also, I love the email blast. It is a good tool that helps improve communication with parents.

Cons

I think that is still room for improvement such as developing a more efficient app that communicates with the computer version of it. On the app, after the last update, it is slower and it takes a long time to input information; for example, if we are log in diaper changes, we have to click in boxes every time information is logged in, instead of just clicking on a child. As well as the ability...

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Denisy. Please call the office at 614-423-7815 and we would be happy to help you with the removal of the child in question. As for any challenges you may have with the APP, please make sure that your APPS and operating software for your tablet are up to date. If you continue to have challenges, please call the office.

Our school and parents appreciate the communication LifeCubby brings

We have been using LifeCubby for a number of years now. While there are other similar options that are available to preschools, we plan on maintaining our subscription with LifeCubby. Parents, especially of our youngest children, comment on how much they enjoy being able to see a snapshot of their child's day. Some of our classrooms use the daily sheet function, some teachers use a function to remind...

Pros

Wide variety of options for use, great communication tool, picture/observation tool is great

Cons

Details of use change frequently with updates, need to re-upload app after updates (in the past)

Thank you Sarah for your review of LifeCubby!

This App has been a lifesaver during the pandemic!

Bumpy, but worth it. I was apprehensive, but desperate, for an app to communicate with parents and allow them to pay online. As a small school, the fees associated with most payment platforms where far more than we could absorb. LifeCubby has provided an affordable way to meet this need. I must also mention that every single time I had a question, even if it was multiple times a day, the customer service at LifeCubby has been quick, kind, personable, and knowledgeable.

Pros

This app has allowed staff to work from home (namely our tuition assistant). It has also made all of the initial work of entering student information worth it as communication while we were closed has remained consistent and clear. As we learn more about the various features offered, we are excited to start implementing more at our school.

Cons

The first several months of use, we found this program to be very slow and not necessarily intuitive in use. It is also a very manual process up front, particularly as we are constantly adding and removing students at the start of new terms.

GK LifeCubby

Overall I have really enjoyed our experience with LifeCubby over the last few years. It has made my job so much easier and has been a great selling point when we are trying to enroll families. It really appeals to them to be able to get updates about their child's day when they can't be with them. Since the pandemic started we have relied heavily on LifeCubby as the main form of communication between the teachers and parents. Because of our Covid protocols parents aren't able to go back to the classrooms at this time so it has been very helpful to have LifeCubby to communicate with them on a daily basis.

Pros

There are so many different features in LifeCubby that I find very useful. For our purposes LifeCubby is used as a communication tool to keep in contact with our families throughout the day when they can't be with their children. Because of that, the features that we find most useful are the different details about the child's day that we can enter such as, when they get clocked in and out for the day, the daily sheets, messages/E-Blasts, Observations and the reports.

Cons

Generally, I really enjoy this software. There are glitches from time to time but my concerns are always addressed right away. Not only are they quick to respond, but they are patient and friendly. I never feel like I am bothering them with my questions.

Love it but could use some tweaks.

As a teacher imputting the information you make it difficult by making me have to stop to type out the name of the formula. It would be so much easier, convenient and practical if like in the admins area we could add and edit a list of formulas used in the room both in the bottle section as well as in the drink sections of breakfast, snack, and lunch. When using and imputting NAEYC accredidation...

Pros

Most of its ease and convenience.

Cons

A few parts of the inconvenince (see tirade on last page)

Thank you Lisa for your review of LifeCubby! We appreciate your feedback and will pass this on to the development team.

Challenges need addressing

It was difficult to lear initially and I still feel like we’re trying to figure things out. Overall it’s been worth it to bundle everything through LifeCubby. I just wish it were easier to use from the Admin side.

Pros

All encompassing. Easy to interact with parents. It bundled many of the individual things we were doing and paying for and streamlined them.

Cons

Backend payment features could be streamlined more. You can’t change the tuition posting date. If you set up alerts for a classroom and you are using the app (not a computer) the system gets overloaded and freezes. Many features are inaccessible when using the app. Specifically, teachers can’t do developmental assessments on their tablets, in their classrooms. You can’t update a child’s daily sheet when that child is logged as outside or in another classroom. So if a child eats lunch outside or goes potty during outside time, it cannot be logged until the class returns. This is especially difficult now that most of our childcare is happening outside. I thought I would be able to schedule employees (like post a schedule) with LC but that’s not possible.

LifeCubby Review

Families like it. It's easy for teachers to use.

Pros

We use LifeCubby to communicate daily reports of our Infants and Toddlers. This platform allows families to get a real time report of what their children are doing (eating, sleeping, diaper changes). This platform also provides teachers the opportunities to engage families with adding photos of the children in the classrooms. This platform helps provide effective 2 way communication during these difficult times of COVID.

Cons

If it were able to be linked to a research based child assessment tool, like Teaching STrategies Gold or collaborated with developmental screening tools like the Ages and Stages or Brigance, to give programs a one stop shop.

My thoughts about Life Cubby

i love to communicate with my families and sometime I leave for the day with out seeing the parents bc they work late . When the parents get home they can sit with their child and show them an observation from the day and the child can share what they did do instead of them saying nothing, They have a picture in front of them and a conversation can spark.. So this is just an added extra for the parents to be a part of the children's day and having them see how much and what their child learns each day.

Pros

I like using LC bc it helps keeps the parents informed on our daily activities. As I post the observations I always get feed back from the Parents on how much they love the pictures and they even share them with Grandparents as well..

Cons

It would be nice if there was an easier "quicker way" to post pictures as well as maybe being able to send more than six pictures at a time I have a class of 8 as much as 12 in a day and I just like to send one complete observation with a picture of each instead of posting another observation

Hi Mauree and thank you for your review of LifeCubby! There is a quick post option where you can just share the picture and you do not need to type anything in the observation. In the new release in 2020, there will not be a limit on the number of pictures! Please call the office if you need more assistance! 614-423-7815

Lice Cubby in Real Life

Families can print their own paperwork for taxes which saves us so much time. If they do need help printing it, it is much easier now than with other software we have used. There are a lot of features that we don't use yet but are looking forward to using in the future.

Pros

I love that parents have access to their accounts/balance at any time. It is also nice that administration can check accounts when our finance specialists isn't here so we can help families in the moment instead of having to wait until she is in. The video training is really helpful and makes it user friendly. Anytime we have called for assistance, the reps have been extremely friendly and helpful.

Cons

It would be really helpful if families could make payments using the app on their phone.

Thank you so much for your review, Jill!

Overall I like Lifecubby, it took some getting used to at first and we still have trouble with the "Please Wait" circle, sometimes it will forever just circle around and we eventually have to log out and log back in.

Pros

That I can communicate with parents and teachers as I am a parent as well as a teacher. I can see both sides of Lifecubby.

Cons

On the parents side of it, when the teacher posts a picture or observation, sometimes it does not update and will not show me the picture or observation. I will get an email that one was posted but once I get to the app it is not listed or will not sow me any updated past a date a long time ago. When I know there has been many posted since a certain date. And then again, sometimes it will have been posted and then the next day they are gone again.

Thank you Corey for your review of LifeCubby. I have not heard of observations missing or disappearing. Please contact the office so we can troubleshoot with your device. When you get the please wait option, that typically means that there is a wi-fi connection issue. Also, please make sure that your operating system of your device and your family app has the most updated version. Launching in 2020 will be our Version 3 with a whole new user interface! I know you will love it! If you ever have question, please give us a call 614-423-7815

Lifecubby is an essential part of connecting teachers to families and families to their child!

Our staff utilize Lifecubby is vital at our organization for connecting and involving families in their child's planning learning and development.Teachers love Lifecubby because it's easy to link observations with the developmental goals. We also use LifeCubby as a selling point during the enrollment process and parents are very impressed! They love being able to access photos and observations throughout the day as opposed to waiting until pick up time for child updates. As an Administrator , I love LifeCubby because I can customize it so that it fits our program. It definitely helps our center stand out above the rest, in this very competitive business!

Pros

Ilike that it'a easy to use and that most of the questions I have as far as navigation are answered with in the help FAQs

Cons

Sometimes the program has changed or features have been added without a warning. Therefor I often have staff come to me with questions about navigation that I may not have the answer to right away. also, the phone app seems very difficult for staff to use because it doesn't alsways work.

Hi Elisha! Thank you for your review of LifeCubby. If the APP does not seem to be working, make sure they have the most recent version of the app and the most recent version of the operating system of the device they are using. If you are still having challenges, please call the office at 614-423-7815 and we would be happy to troubleshoot.

4/5 Stars for Life Cubby

Overall, Life Cubby has been a great addition to our center. At this time, it offers everything we are looking for and we plan to continue it's use.

Pros

Life Cubby had a learning curve for all to use, but now that I've been using it for a year, it is easy to understand and use. The greatest feature, for me, especially during COVID, is that it allows me to work from home. Customer support is fantastic and they're always very helpful with any questions I may have.

Cons

This was the first childcare application that we have implemented, so that proved difficult at first, but with anything, we just needed time to get acquainted with the system. There have been a few glitches along the way, but Life Cubby support is very helpful each time a problem arises.

Thank you Shanna for your review of LifeCubby!

LifeCubby makes my job easier!

I always recommend Lifecubby on social media when peers ask for recommendations. I have met the owner of LifeCubby several times and love her commitment and availability to her customers. I've had a great experience overall!

Pros

As an owner of 2 early care and education centers I am able to access information easily for both my locations. I have real time information accessible and also can review past data. I have one place to communicate with my staff and families, keep accurate records and enrollment data. Plus my staff can observe and assess the children easily.

Cons

I really like having a digital record that I can always have access to. I would like an area for scanning and uploading information for staff and children. An area as an administrator that I can document incidents or staff violations or licensing issues that only I as the administrator have access to. The reports are very helpful but again from the administration side data is my best friend and having more reports would assist me further.

Thank you Tiffany for your kind words and your review! We are getting ready in the summer to launch V3 of LifeCubby! There will be more reporting features and some admin tools that I think you will appreciate!

LifeCubby is Great!

Pros

It's extremely easy and quick to initiate autopay to collect tuition payments. There are so many great features that I honestly can't list them all.

Cons

There are several features that are in the process of being fine-tuned by LifeCubby staff, I appreciate that. There are some things I do not like, but, they are so willing to listen and offer solutions as well as make the suggested updates. One thing I do not like is that I cannot manipulate what content I would like to run on some reports. Some I can download to Excel and work with, some I cannot. I do not like that I have to access several different screens to make some simple changes on a child's profile page. Unless you are familiar with the software, it's difficult to explain it here to make sense.

Thank you Heather for your review of LifeCubby!