LifeCubby Reviews

LifeCubby

Child care management & parent engagement platform

4.33/5 (1,481 reviews)

Pros
  • It was super easy to learn and the parents love it as well. I would highly recommend using this app to keep you children organized and the parents informed.Katelyn L.Read the full review
  • If I was a larger facility it would be worth the monthly investment, but for me it is not- which is a shame because I love the developmental profiles and tracking that parents love so much.Jeni S.Read the full review
  • Overall it’s a great product and I love the ease of communication with the families.Michele M.Read the full review
Cons
  • The app is not the easiest to navigate and use for our teachers. They often hit the wrong thing and parents will have to call and ask questions because they are confused.Amber H.Read the full review
  • Sometimes they have software problems and that's frustrating when trying to message the teachers.Shaniqua S.Read the full review
  • I use LifeCubby daily to track drop off and pick up for all of my students and to record any accidents.Ellie V.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Cheryl Slayback

I love my life cubby!

Reviewed 2019-05-03

I am able to communicate with parents daily about their progress. Parents love the easy check in process.

Pros
I love Life Cubby because it has everything I need in one place. Communication with parents, assessments, menus, billing. I can take it with me to track child behaviors and it helps me so I have my time with my family.

Cons
At first it is a little daunting, but the training they give is very useful and well put together.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Cheryl for your review of LifeCubby!

Leona Thompson

Great Educational Software

Reviewed 2019-05-03

The problems being solved is being able to integrate all of the paperwork, billing and parent communication into one portal. The benefits are a lot less time being spent on the admin aspect and that affords more quality time being spent with the children

Pros
I like most about LifeCubby is its functionality and ease of use. It is a life saver on time and definitely great on reducing paperwork. Being able to send a receive messages without having to check emails is wonderful. The best part is being able to have all of the family and contact information in one place even on field trips. I give it a thumbs up. 👍🏽

Cons
The only thing I dislike about the app is having to keep going back and forth through the screen when logging diapers, bottles or food just to add the teacher name. There should be a way to automatically log the teachers name upon sign-in. This is just one step that could be more efficient and less time clicking back and forth for an entire class

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review Leona! V3 is launching in just a few months and you will not have to leave the tool to check in a teacher! One of the many awesome things coming with V3! Stay tuned.
If you have any questions, please give us a call 614-423-7815.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Kristy Wells

Teacher and Parent interface - Life Cubby Review

Reviewed 2016-12-07

I use Life Cubby as a teacher in a toddler classroom, and as a parent of a preschooler. As a teacher, it is cumbersome and frustrating, but as a parent gives me a clear snapshot of my child's day. The frustrating parts as a teacher include the following: when we "take our children to an activity" and track that, it doesn't allow us to track the diaper that happened on our way out the door, or the child who dropped off on the playground . . . when we make a classroom observation and want to add it everyone for evidence and assessment, you literally have to go into each child and repeat the process for that one observation each time . . . when you are lesson planning, you can not easily copy and paste an entire day to the next (we use the same curriculum on Monday as we do on Tuesday with different kids) . . . there is a lack of communication with regard to upgrades and when Life Cubby will be down for service. I have done two years worth of Vines this and last year, and have had to completely re-do them mid -year because of Vine revisions which change the entire criteria and do not populate into the new. This has been a complete waste of time and has been very frustrating . . . there is no button to delete a posting if you make an error, such as posting snack at 9:40 instead of 10:40. Once you do that, your entire tracking for the day is off . . . A few times, I have accidentally marked a student in an observation that wasn't included, and there is no way to untag that person - I have had to add a comment apologizing, which then feeds to everyone tagged in that observation . . . because Life Cubby is used in a busy classroom it makes sense that there should be more built-in safeguards or ways to detract postings if errors are made . . . In three hours, we track 72 entries (attendance and dismissal for 9, diapers for 9, snack for 9, and four activities for 9, so it tends to be slow and freezes, or "processes" often which is completely frustrating when you are trying to get it all in before dismissing the child. As a parent, it is a great product if the teacher is willing to put in the work and deal with all the cumbersome things...I get a clear picture of my child's day, observations from his class with pictures, newsletters, and notes all in one handy place. As a parent, I am grateful for Life Cubby, so as a teacher, I muddle through because I know it makes the parents feel connected. Thank you!

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Kristy for your review and your feedback. I will pass on the information to our team. Upgrades to the app are coming in early 2017 that will allow more editing on the app.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at the office at 614-423-7815.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Solanlly Valerio

Lifecubby

Reviewed 2020-03-19

Pros
Love this app is so nice and easy I use it everyday at work my coworkers love it as well

Cons
More pictures and videos could also be allow Board

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Solanlly for your review of LifeCubby. There will not be a limit to the number of pictures or videos per observation with the new release launching later this year!

Mauree Delbone

My thoughts about Life Cubby

Reviewed 2019-12-10

i love to communicate with my families and sometime I leave for the day with out seeing the parents bc they work late . When the parents get home they can sit with their child and show them an observation from the day and the child can share what they did do instead of them saying nothing, They have a picture in front of them and a conversation can spark.. So this is just an added extra for the parents to be a part of the children's day and having them see how much and what their child learns each day.

Pros
I like using LC bc it helps keeps the parents informed on our daily activities. As I post the observations I always get feed back from the Parents on how much they love the pictures and they even share them with Grandparents as well..

Cons
It would be nice if there was an easier "quicker way" to post pictures as well as maybe being able to send more than six pictures at a time I have a class of 8 as much as 12 in a day and I just like to send one complete observation with a picture of each instead of posting another observation

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Mauree and thank you for your review of LifeCubby!
There is a quick post option where you can just share the picture and you do not need to type anything in the observation. In the new release in 2020, there will not be a limit on the number of pictures! Please call the office if you need more assistance! 614-423-7815

Corey Wilham

Reviewed 2019-09-17

Overall I like Lifecubby, it took some getting used to at first and we still have trouble with the "Please Wait" circle, sometimes it will forever just circle around and we eventually have to log out and log back in.

Pros
That I can communicate with parents and teachers as I am a parent as well as a teacher. I can see both sides of Lifecubby.

Cons
On the parents side of it, when the teacher posts a picture or observation, sometimes it does not update and will not show me the picture or observation. I will get an email that one was posted but once I get to the app it is not listed or will not sow me any updated past a date a long time ago. When I know there has been many posted since a certain date. And then again, sometimes it will have been posted and then the next day they are gone again.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Corey for your review of LifeCubby.
I have not heard of observations missing or disappearing. Please contact the office so we can troubleshoot with your device.
When you get the please wait option, that typically means that there is a wi-fi connection issue. Also, please make sure that your operating system of your device and your family app has the most updated version.
Launching in 2020 will be our Version 3 with a whole new user interface! I know you will love it!
If you ever have question, please give us a call 614-423-7815

Victoria Lewis

A Wonderful Resource

Reviewed 2019-12-14

Reducing the number of paper files Real-time communication with families Consistency between classrooms and teachers

Pros
LifeCubby has been a wonderful resource for both teachers and families. Information that is logged into the program is kept in one organized location that is quick and easy to reference. It has changed the way that important notes are communicated with families about their children. I think that with a few changes LifeCubby will continue to grow and be used by teachers. I will continue to recommend LifeCubby to peers as a way to enhance the efficiency of data sharing in their classrooms.

Cons
There are a few things that I feel would add to the overall effectiveness of the product from a teacher's point of view. A Teacher-to-Teacher feature would enhance communication between coworkers by providing a platform for information and data sharing. I also feel that different color notification bubbles to distinguish between a message that is read by families and a message read by teachers would be helpful as well.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your feedback and your reivew of LifeCubby Victoria!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Michelle Cheatham

Great product

Reviewed 2019-12-16

My overall experience with Lifecubby is great. I love the accessibility, and how it can be managed anywhere. It is a relief to the parents that I can send them messages privately without a chance of hacking.

Pros
I love how this software is easy to use and can be accessed through my computer or mobile device at any time. It is great to be able to take pictures and observations and immediately upload them to the parents. If I have questions or remember I need to send a memo to parents I can just shoot out a comment either individually or to my whole class.

Cons
I wished we could send videos. At our school we often catch moments of the kiddos singing songs, building great structures or something that happens in a split second.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your reivew of LifeCubby Michelle. In our new release, capturing those moments with video will be a breeze! You can still share short videos, however, not all people can view the video on their mobile devices. Sometimes they need to be viewed through a web browser.

Lakeisha Brown

need some changes

Reviewed 2019-12-23

I like it because it do a lot of the office work for me. It need some work but I would tell other daycares to use it.

Pros
That it go right to the family. Everything is right there for the teachers. It makes it easier to train people.

Cons
You can't put all the pictures in at one time. This makes it hard for teachers that have a lot of kids. You can't change medicine ones you put it in.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Lakeisha!!

Valarie Loomis

Love it!

Reviewed 2020-03-17

Absolute wonderful experience

Pros
I love how easy it is to keep track of observations, communicate with parents and do my lesson plans. Both computer and mobil platforms are very user friendly

Cons
I only wish you could pick more than one student at a time to record DRDP observations. I heard that will be changing in the future though. Looking forward to that.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Valerie for your review of LifeCubby! And you are correct, with the new release, you will be able to score multiple children at a time or add evidence to multiple children at a time!!

Annette Burner

We have been using LifeCubby in our center for about 6 years and it has proven to be an asset to us.

Reviewed 2018-02-09

Pros
The teachers don't have to use paper anymore for daily sheets, portfolios or attendance. Parents like that we're a techy center. I can use the Director's Dashboard from my computer in the office to see how many students and teachers are checked-in throughout my building which is really helpful since we have a large center. I also get an email notifying me if there's a message. The eBlast system is also really useful, it has all the exposure notices built-in for letting the parents know whenever there's a diagnosed case of something in the building. Now that LifeCubby has the Tuition Tracking, it's nice that I don't have to manage our roster in 2 different softwares. I was very happy to stop using Procare it's such an outdated system. We also use Frog Street curriculum, and the Lesson Plans are built-in for us so that's a huge time-saver on the teachers they don't have to type them in. They can make changes to the Lesson Plans, though, so that's also good since we customize the Lesson Plans. We also use the Vine Assessments, which are from LifeCubby, although some of the teachers actually prefer the booklets, so it's nice that they have the booklets also. Even with all that, the best part of LifeCubby is still the photos. That's what the parents really like, and it helps them see that their child is learning. I always talk about LifeCubby whenever a tour a new family at our center, and it seems to help with their enrollment decision. Plus, we keep a monitor in our lobby with Photoroll going all day long it shows the most recent pictures from the classrooms. The parents really like that.

Cons
The reports need work. I wish LifeCubby had more reports, and some of the ones that they have really need improvement. The reports don't all work the same, and it seems that some of the reports follow different style guides. They keep coming out with more reports, so I'm hoping that some of the ones that I use to get from Procare are out soon. Also there needs to be a way to generate balance-due automatic emails to just the families who are behind but they don't have that yet. Also, not all the functions of the Classroom App are available on the web, so that makes it hard when you need to edit something and you have to get out a tablet to do it. I wish parents could do a finger-signature on the tablet like to sign an Incident Report. The user interface on the web and the user interface on the apps are completely different. The icons are different, even the colors are different. It would be good if they updated the web to match the apps.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Annette for your review of LifeCubby!

Denisy de Souza

I think that the features are not developed to maximum potential. The app is not developed well.

Reviewed 2017-08-01

Pros
I like the concept of LifeCubby of having the daily sheets and pictures of the activities. when it works properly it is a good tool to have. also, I love the email blast. It is a good tool that helps improve communication with parents.

Cons
I think that is still room for improvement such as developing a more efficient app that communicates with the computer version of it. On the app, after the last update, it is slower and it takes a long time to input information; for example, if we are log in diaper changes, we have to click in boxes every time information is logged in, instead of just clicking on a child. As well as the ability to upload pictures is very limited. The whole concept is that we can share pictures of the child with their families and 4 or 6 does not make the cut as the classrooms have more than 4 - 6 children. Also, when I tried to remove/withdraw a child from the LifeCubby it goes to the pending status instead of being removed. The archive feature does not really archives them and instead it sends them to a pending status. Along with that when I am trying to withdraw a child, even after I managed to really archive a child, there is no feature to disconnect the parent from LifeCubby. Parents still connected with the center after many years.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Denisy.
Please call the office at 614-423-7815 and we would be happy to help you with the removal of the child in question.
As for any challenges you may have with the APP, please make sure that your APPS and operating software for your tablet are up to date.
If you continue to have challenges, please call the office.

Sarah Weston

Our school and parents appreciate the communication LifeCubby brings

Reviewed 2016-12-06

We have been using LifeCubby for a number of years now. While there are other similar options that are available to preschools, we plan on maintaining our subscription with LifeCubby. Parents, especially of our youngest children, comment on how much they enjoy being able to see a snapshot of their child's day. Some of our classrooms use the daily sheet function, some teachers use a function to remind parents they are low on supplies like diapers, and all classrooms use the observation function. When our school had lost power, I as the director, was able to send out an email to all families from my phone that our school phone lines were down. In the past, we used the assessment tools, but this year moved away from that option. The assessments offered were many, but did not align completely to the Illinois Early Learning Standards or the Illinois Early Learning and Development Guidelines. Our NAC (national) and ExceleRate (state) accreditation programs ask us to align with those standards, so we have switched what we do. A handful of our parents have had a hard time using the app, and it seems there are frequent updates and changes. I assume that is normal for technology that is so widespread. Any time we have had trouble, we have been contacted back with assistance the same day. Once in a while I have had trouble on the admin side of things, but small issues, like classrooms being out of order on my admin list, or not being able to remove a child from our withdrawn/unassigned list. One teacher issue is being confused about how to log children in their own room, but it is not all the time or could be teacher error (like checking in a child, but it checks them into the wrong room). Overall, our experience is positive!

Pros
Wide variety of options for use, great communication tool, picture/observation tool is great

Cons
Details of use change frequently with updates, need to re-upload app after updates (in the past)

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Sarah for your review of LifeCubby!

Lisa Douglass

Love it but could use some tweaks.

Reviewed 2016-12-06

As a teacher imputting the information you make it difficult by making me have to stop to type out the name of the formula. It would be so much easier, convenient and practical if like in the admins area we could add and edit a list of formulas used in the room both in the bottle section as well as in the drink sections of breakfast, snack, and lunch. When using and imputting NAEYC accredidation it would help to have a jump screen where you could jump to section 1-9 instead of having to scroll down and search for the needed section. Also it would be a lot more help if we could check off when we completed that item instead of it automatically checking off just because we put one item in it. Ability to place photos in a collage when placing multiple photos in one part of NAEYC. Stop making infant room the default no matter which room is signed in. Ability to connect the observations to the lesson plans or to know when that observarion has already been tied to a lesson plan. Having some ability to know if a parent has signed in and seen a message without having responded back. (Possibly like a read receipt to see that a message has been received and when a parent has opened it). Instead of the little blue button on the child's picture having a pop up box that shows when a parent has responded back. Have parent comments stay attatched to daily sheets and such when we up load them to NAEYC accreditation. Ability to mark when a child has been breastfed by their mom with maybe a note section for marking whether they ate well or not. In the check-in and out section allow them to choose the classroom so that even though a parent my be in the infant room checking in their infant they can also check in their three year old IN THEIR CLASSROOM without the teachers having to track kids to their actual room.

Pros
Most of its ease and convenience.

Cons
A few parts of the inconvenince (see tirade on last page)

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Lisa for your review of LifeCubby! We appreciate your feedback and will pass this on to the development team.

Elisha Franklin

Lifecubby is an essential part of connecting teachers to families and families to their child!

Reviewed 2016-10-18

Our staff utilize Lifecubby is vital at our organization for connecting and involving families in their child's planning learning and development.Teachers love Lifecubby because it's easy to link observations with the developmental goals. We also use LifeCubby as a selling point during the enrollment process and parents are very impressed! They love being able to access photos and observations throughout the day as opposed to waiting until pick up time for child updates. As an Administrator , I love LifeCubby because I can customize it so that it fits our program. It definitely helps our center stand out above the rest, in this very competitive business!

Pros
Ilike that it'a easy to use and that most of the questions I have as far as navigation are answered with in the help FAQs

Cons
Sometimes the program has changed or features have been added without a warning. Therefor I often have staff come to me with questions about navigation that I may not have the answer to right away. also, the phone app seems very difficult for staff to use because it doesn't alsways work.

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Elisha!
Thank you for your review of LifeCubby. If the APP does not seem to be working, make sure they have the most recent version of the app and the most recent version of the operating system of the device they are using.
If you are still having challenges, please call the office at 614-423-7815 and we would be happy to troubleshoot.

Tiffany Beckett

LifeCubby makes my job easier!

Reviewed 2019-04-12

I always recommend Lifecubby on social media when peers ask for recommendations. I have met the owner of LifeCubby several times and love her commitment and availability to her customers. I've had a great experience overall!

Pros
As an owner of 2 early care and education centers I am able to access information easily for both my locations. I have real time information accessible and also can review past data. I have one place to communicate with my staff and families, keep accurate records and enrollment data. Plus my staff can observe and assess the children easily.

Cons
I really like having a digital record that I can always have access to. I would like an area for scanning and uploading information for staff and children. An area as an administrator that I can document incidents or staff violations or licensing issues that only I as the administrator have access to. The reports are very helpful but again from the administration side data is my best friend and having more reports would assist me further.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Tiffany for your kind words and your review! We are getting ready in the summer to launch V3 of LifeCubby!
There will be more reporting features and some admin tools that I think you will appreciate!

Jody Rubin

LifeCubby helps improve communication!

Reviewed 2016-10-26

LifeCubby has helped us with our parent communication substantially. It is fairly intuitive and my teachers quickly became comfortable using most aspects. Parents are thrilled to be receiving pictures and observations regularly, the ability to respond and ask questions in real time. I have looked at other options, and LifeCubby is a good value for the cost and continues to improve. Whenever we have had technical questions, LifeCubby has been responsive and quickly helped us solve our problems. Parents, teachers and administrators all benefit from LifeCubby and the ease of communication.

Pros
Intuitive, timely technical support, ability to communicate with teachers and parents effectively and quickly

Cons
Don't always receive communication about updates and how things will look different. Doesn't have spell check on observations,

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Jody!
Thank you for your review of LifeCubby!
Check your device settings for spell check options.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
614-423-7815

Sandra Canarte

Great Tool!

Reviewed 2016-12-06

Life Cubby is a great tool to comunicate daily with the parents, a great way to send pictures and any information the teacher or parent might have about their child. Love it.

Pros
It's easy to use, love that I can take the pictures and send them immediately to the parents, I can do the assessment for each child, I can register daily when they sleep and eat. I have preschoolers.

Cons
What I don't like about the software is that when I want to use a lesson plan from last year I can't do it fast, I have to go back day by day until I get to the lesson plan that I need from last year. Also if there is an attachment to the lesson plan I can't get it directly from the lesson plan I have to get out of the lesson plan and go to the main menu. That is a waste of time.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Sandra for your review of LifeCubby. The Lesson Planning form is getting updates in 2017! Please feel free to send us suggestions to contact@lifecubby.me.
If you have questions, please call us at 614-423-7815.

Ramona Moeller

Easy to use, lots of useful features

Reviewed 2018-05-09

Pros
Over the past few years, the software has drastically improved and is still evolving. Teachers can send messages directly to the parents and vice versa. The admin has many different ways of communicating with parents and staff. Also being able to edit incident reports as an admin is a great feature. Sometimes staff doesn't have the time to correct spelling errors, but you want to make sure it's correct before the parents see them. Previously, we had to delete them and re-write them, now, we have the option to edit them. Also, customer service is superb!! They will resolve any issue as quickly as they can. They will also take any suggestions into consideration.

Cons
Honestly, at this point in time, I cannot think for anything that I do not like. Most everything has been resolved in the past few months.

Response from LifeCubby

We appreciate your review of LifeCubby Romona!

Antoinette Nowak

I love using lifecubby

Reviewed 2018-07-13

Pros
Leaving my baby once my maternity leave was over was very difficult. My daycare uses this product and i couldn't be happier. I love being able to check on him throughout the day, they send photos, update be on bottle feedings and diapers.

Cons
I do not like that I cannot update his profile picture. His face had changed alot since they took it. I also have gotten messages from the teachers when he hasn't been there and I can never find them. I have searched thru all the filters but still couldn't find them.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Antoinette.
You can change your child's profile picture either in the app or on the web. The log in credentials you are using for the app will also work on the web, where there is an HELP section. Your messages will appear as a purple explanation point on your child's profile photo. You can also click on the thought bubble under your child's profile photo to see conversations. The thought bubble will have all messaging from the school to you. Here is a video to also assist you.
Please let us know if you have any questions! 614-423-7815.

Ashley Westmiller

I would like to see some changes with the app for the parents and also the staff within our facility

Reviewed 2016-10-18

We love the app, we just wish that the app had more to offer and was easier to use for our staff. Some parents are also having a hard time when we message them and they are not getting a notification that we have sent them a note. I would also like to see that the parents are being notified when their is an update available for them to upgrade. We have also seen that when a child is transferred to another room that the information that is placed in the new room is not transferrable to the other room. I would also like to see an easy parent check in. This way we get all the information that is needed, but the parents are able to do this with ease. Customer service is always willing to help and if they don't have the answer, they are quick to respond with one the next day in resolving the problem.

Pros
I like that the parents are able to access this throughout the day.

Cons
I wish it was more functional, for someone that is not used to using it.

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Ashley,
Thank you for your review of LifeCubby.
There are updates for the app coming out soon! Please contact the office to go over some of your concerns listed. There is an easier parent check in, all data moves with the child and should not be "lost".
We would be happy to clarify above and any other questions. 614-423-7815

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Emily Gonzalez

Way better than trying to keep up with paper!

Reviewed 2017-04-05

LifeCubby is basically all that we do in one place: Newsletters, menus, daily sheets, incident reports, behavioral logs, assessments, photos ETC! Whenever a meeting is necessary we are able to pull reports and assessments for a specific child for the parents. One time the internet was down and we steamed their photo portal of all our observations on the log-in screen instead :). There is a youtube channel to learn more or train new employees! I recently saw new report options (such as specific incidents, which teacher posted which observations) so I am happy with that. One thing I recommend is changing the post time from "1 hour ago" to a specific time (3:00PM). I love how you can customize each teacher's login information to fit their needs. In order to make sure the kids still get proper supervision, we put a rule in place that photos can be taken throughout the day and only uploaded into an observation during nap time, since that seems to take a bit longer.

Pros
The vast amount of information available to parents and teachers. It makes the transition between teachers from opener to closer easier, as all the child's info is on the daily sheet.

Cons
It seems to crash more than we expected, even with updates. We simply uninstall/reinstall but still :)

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Emily!

Nina Woodbury

usimakes documentation faster and more effective. Improves communication / connecti with parents,;

Reviewed 2017-08-14

Pros
Ability to document information regarding daily activities and communicate with parents., which helps parents feel more connected with their child's experience. Ability to link to NAEYC for documentation and accreditation. Ability to include Indian Foundations and use for developmental portfolios ( observations and individual goals for each child.

Cons
Unable to temporarily store information. For example, if I am entering an observation and am unable to finish, there is no way to temporarily hold that info. If I have to stop in the middle, of entering an observation or newsletter post, then I have start over. It would be helpful if there was a save feature similar to the save or save and publish feature in the observation and newsletter sections like the one in the lesson plan section.

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you Nina for your review of LifeCubby.

Erin Dulle

Great parent communication tool!

Reviewed 2016-12-06

LifeCubby has been a great addition to our program. It saves us both time and money in creating daily sheets and portfolios for our children. We no longer have to purchase reams and reams of paper and ink or spend hours hand-writing every individual daily sheet. Using LifeCubby we can batch post classroom observations or meal times to all children in the class at once. The parents absolutely LOVE the daily pictures that we put in their child's portfolio. We also love to use the "messages" function for teachers to communicate directly to the parents without having to get to a phone or leave the classroom. LifeCubby customer support is amazing! Anytime we call for help we immediately are able to speak with someone who is able to resolve the problem quickly.

Pros
Messaging function to communicate directly with parents, daily photos, batch posting to children's portfolios or daily sheets, batch email function to send emails to all parents and staff at once

Cons
Doesn't allow for hourly headcounts... yet.

Response from LifeCubby

Hi Erin!
Did you know that you can do name to face headcounts now on LifeCubby? You can choose to have them at 15 minutes, 30 minutes or on the hour!
Give us a call at 614-423-7815 if you have questons!!

Alexandria Massey

Teacher and Parent View of Lifecubby

Reviewed 2016-12-06

As an educator, I use lifecubby daily. Between uploading lesson plans, emailing parents, and updating a child's activity throughout the day. With this being said, lifecubby is very easy to utilize and a great resource. The only downside I see with the app is the assessment sections. While I enjoy being able to assess my students on the app, I do not believe they are age appropriate. Likewise, I feel as though they should offer more options for answers. On the other hand, as a parent, I also feel as though lifecubby is a very valuable tool. Before lifecubby, I would have to remember to take home a paper sheet telling me about my daughters day with very little information. Now, especially since my daughter is 5, I can listen to what she tells me about her day at school and then check on lifecubby for references on what she means was "the best book or toy in the world!" Everything I need is always right at my fingertips with lifecubby, and if I need to email the teacher for any reason while at work, I can do so easily without having to make that extra call and interrupt their day. Such a great tool on both ends!

Pros
Everything is always right at my fingertips. I can enter all of my student's information right from the app, as well as edit most of the information I enter on a daily basis. I am also able to email my daughters teachers instantly through the family app and not have to worry about interrupting their class time with a phone call.

Cons
As an educator, my only downfall with this software is not being able to input my lesson plans right from the app. I need to enter the website portion to do this. Likewise, I do not believe many of the assessment questions for my age group are age appropriate. For example, why does an 18-month-old child need to know how to jump on one foot? My 3-year-old nephew is just learning to do this!

Response from LifeCubby

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Alexandria!
Lesson planning on the app is coming soon!