MemberPress

All-in-one membership plugin for WordPress

MemberPress Reviews - Page 2

The best membership plugin for Wordpress!

MemberPress ticks all of the boxes for our clients. It makes the membership subscription process 100% easier for our clients. Compared to the other membership plugins that we have had the opportunity to use, Membership by far has been the best one by far!

Pros

Easy to install and set up. It integrates into WordPress very easily. Setting up a payment processor and additional Add-ons is extremely easy. Setting up rules is simple and effective. Setting up membership plans is a breeze. Support was able to answer any questions that by email which was great.

Cons

It's repetitive if you need to manually set up subscriptions and transactions for existing WordPress users if you manually import your list. It would be nice to be able to one click make all account active and then take subscription payments for the next billing cycle. The membership plan page options to display the plans are horrible. You do need to have some CSS/Programming knowledge to make this look nice. It would be nice to have a comparison table to showcase the membership plans nicely.

Memberpress with Thrive Themes

Great. Love the software. The support has been life-saving.

Pros

Software is easy to use, support is GREAT, and it integrates with Thrive Theme Apprentice with no issues.

Cons

I'd like it to be easier to sell stand-alone (complementary) products with my memberships. Or to create ways for a person to purchase several things at once. I have not used MP with WooCommerce, so that might be an option there...IDK.

Highly recommended

Very positive. Worth the money.

Pros

Easy to install and use. Never had any issues with WordPress compatibility. Very sophisticated options for permissions management.

Cons

Some of the key pages are difficult to edit - e.g. checkout - without more advanced CSS skills. If you use a Theme editor it's difficult to keep core pages on brand. Also, while range of add-ons is really good, documentation on how to make them work with MemberPress could be substantially improved.

Easy Membership Software

Pros

I found this product incredibly easy to implement into my Wordpress site. It has allowed me to easily create memberships for my web application. It did take some time to go through the documentation to make sure it was set up properly, but it wasn't overly complicated. I ran into some confusion with setting up Paypal transactions but the Memberpress support was quick to respond and provide guidance.

Cons

I wish there were some additional features for customizing forms and emails to have them match branding on my website.

Grows with my business

Pros

MemberPress was not the first membership site software I tried but it will be the last. My limited technical knowledge made it simple to install. I am looking forward to moving all my courses from another product to the new courses function.

Cons

The installation did require some tech knowledge but it was simple enough after a little from the customer service department.

Fantastic Membership Platform!

Still implementing but I am so impressed with what I think we will be able to do with this software.

Pros

It is the only membership software I was able to find that could allow a single user to have multiple memberships. This was a huge problem for our organization.

Cons

I wish some things were more easily customized without requiring custom coding.

Love MemberPress

See answer above.

Pros

MemberPress does what more expensive apps do for a fraction of the costs. Not only have I used MemberPress for my 8+ online courses but I've also recommended it to other coaches and colleagues for their online courses. It's super user friendly too.

Cons

Honestly- nothing I can think of. I use aweber for email and it integrates beautifully.

Powering my Audience Growth!

I have grown my community to over 150 members thanks to Memberpress. I love that it handles every transaction, allows for custom fields upon purchase, and the fact that there are member-specific pages that I can fully design myself using my preferred plugin.

Pros

Memberpress is user-friendly and I love that I can create member-specific webpages that are completely customizable!

Cons

I am trying to learn how to incorporate e-courses using Memberpress. I do wish the software incorporated memberships, courses, AND digital download sales. Additionally, I see cart abandonment occurring because there are several fields to fill out on my website AND on PayPal if the customer doesn't have a PayPal account.

MemberPress is a great solution for membership businesses

Pros

MemberPress is easy to use and it feels like the perfect solution for what I needed. Even though I got external help with setting it up, the video tutorials inside the platform are up to date and explain everything in-depth.

Cons

Sometimes, it feels overwhelming working with MemberPress. For sure, it depends on how complex you want your membership to be, but from a point, it can feel overwhelming setting up all the things so you can have the desired membership. Maybe this happens with other membership platforms.

I have had good and bad, mostly good.

Pros

It's overall use is pretty easy. I have liked everything that I can do so far.

Cons

There needs to be a better way to run reports. I also have had problems with people that are no longer members still showing active on my reports but not on my screen. It has been the one problem that no one has been able to help me with.

Memberpress is Awsome

Overall all Memberpress is great for managing our users in one place and providing them only products for training using Memberpress.

Pros

The integration of Paypal and now the integration with LMS is perfect for our needs and students. Excellent product.

Cons

Since we are also have Joomla websites it would be great if we could use it with Joomla

Trending Up

Everything worked as expected without needing any help from support (I'm a designer, not a developer). The only issue I found was getting Memberpress supplied addons to work out of the box but was able to find workarounds. Overall, Memberpress got the job done without being in the way of the project.

Pros

It was fairly straightforward to set up though I did have to consult the generous help options provided.

Cons

Too many hidden gems, such as the add-ons. Integration with other plugins wasn't as straightforward as I would have liked.

The best tool at the bet price

Pros

Memberpress is very helpful to setup quickly a subscription model at a very low price, comparing with similar tools. We integrated in a few days with other plugins to get a customized subscription area.

Cons

It lacks real mechanism for improving performance, because protected content cannot be cached. Better integration with CDNs platform would be appreciated

Hello Gianpiero, Thank you for sharing such a thorough review! We appreciate your feedback on the interface and will consider it thoughtfully. We're always looking to improve, and reviews like yours help us to do just that! Don't hesitate to contact us at outreach@caseproof.com if you have questions or need assistance. Take care!

Good membership plugin for wordpress

The company is responsive to support queries.

Pros

The plugin satisfies all my needs. I use it to manage user access on a real estate services site. I use it on a law firms internal site. I use it to manage access on my own site.

Cons

There is a learning curve so you have to work through the tutorials.

Life Changing

Overall it's changed our lives and created a great revenue stream for our business. Once you learn the ropes you'll be flying.

Pros

It has wonderful support material to get you started and up and running quickly. Payment gateway integration is flawless. Very helpful support also.

Cons

I wish it was a little easier to customise some features. I'd really like the corporate account price to vary depending on the number of users, not just a set price.

Lots to learn but does the job

So far it's doing what we need it to do but still has limitations. One of its advertised features is that it can be used for client management for example, but just to create a "free" product to use required a ton of steps to create and still shows the pricing for the members which confuses people.

Pros

I liked that it seemed to do everything we needed. Offers lots of addons to compliment the tool.

Cons

There is a lot to set up and things were not as intuitive as I expected. For example, there is jargon used that assumes everyone understands what they're doing but made it difficult. I was hoping to be shown final products/installs and then be walked through how to recreate it, but instead everything is broken up into hundreds of links and took forever to do what I needed. I actually found better luck on Youtube videos.

Great plugin and really easy to use

Really easy to use and beginner friendly.

Pros

As a complete beginner, I found this really easy to set up and use. Great tutorials. Integrates well with Wordpress and Elementor.

Cons

At the beginning, I wished there was an integrated LMS - now there is! I also wish you had reward/gamification and quiz integrations - I hope you make these too?

Best membership plugin to Word Press

We use MemberPress to manage and control all of our website registrations

Pros

We previously used S2Member for our membership plugin but the support was non-existent and updates were not being done. After much research we settled on MemberPress and haven't looked back. I would highly recommend MemberPress for anyone operating a membership website.

Cons

Price is a little higher than we'd like but we feel you get what you pay for and MemberPress is a worthy investment

Membership sites

The [SENSITIVE CONTENT] genuinely care about their clients and work to make your business successful, not just theirs.

Pros

Viewing and tracking member information is very simple, especially when servicing a client during a phone call.

Cons

Changes to a client account were not relayed to the Stripe account, but the workaround was to make the change on the Stripe account first and the Memberpress account mirrored the change. Not a big deal, can't really find anything to complain about.

Good value for the money

Memberships allow multiple levels of access to our website and automatic communications

Pros

Ease of use. Levels of membership. Auto-Communications.

Cons

I need to be able to easily download information gathered (Name, address, email) in order to mail out annual membership packets. That is not an option in reports

The Best Choice

I have nothing but good things to say about MemberPress. When I started looking at how to operate my membership, I was overwhelmed with the options. After much research, I narrowed my choice down to MemberPress and I'm so pleased I did.

Pros

MemberPress does everything I needed it to do, and more. Setting it up was a breeze, and tech support is second to none.

Cons

It would be nice to have the ability to "unlock" content on a case by case basis, but I've managed to work my way around this.

I love everything about MemberPress

Very satisfied with the overall experience with MemberPress and use them often when building membership sites for clients.

Pros

Its functionality and easy setup features. Extensive customisable options and quick integration with payment gateways. Customer service is great and fast to respond to questions and willing to login to solve the problems promptly. Very elaborate tutorial library for when we feel stuck with anything that we are setting up.

Cons

Even though MP integrates with a wide variety of 3rd party apps they are still a few missing that I could benefit from. Also more payment gateways options for those that can't use Paypal or Stripe.

An great ease of use membership and courses platform

The memberpress platform fills all my holes that I had and makes it so easy to use and implement that I am looking at creating multiple sites in different niches with memberpress at the core of them

Pros

The membership platform with courses platform are simple to use and set up

Cons

Right now I can't find fault as it does exactly what I want it to do

Invaluable Tool

MemberPress has played a very important role in several sites that our company has in place for our customers, including our own. It's been a solid solution for use for many years.

Pros

MemberPress was easy to set up and implement. We were up and running in no time.

Cons

There's been nothing negative about the experience.

Created My Membership Site From Scratch

Pros

I like that I could figure out how to build my membership site and I'm not a huge tech person. I figured everything out with watching some videos. My knowledge of Wordpress helped me a lot. My website looks good and it's easy to update. I like that I have control over so many aspects of my membership.

Cons

I can't really think of anything that I don't like. I wish that it had more reporting incorporating into it.