MemberPress

All-in-one membership plugin for WordPress

MemberPress Reviews - Page 5

Great membership Site

Pros

A very comprehensive site for managing membership type businesses. I use MemberPress as an entry-level subscription website and I had never given any thought to running a Training Website This marvelous product has changed my thoughts on that.

Cons

Cost and not offering an Agency type "life" option should be considered

Memberpress is a great product in many ways!

I quite like using Memberpress setting up the membership website and also the course function that allow me to turn all the video resources into different lessons.

Pros

Memberpress is great for setting up my membership website.

Cons

Lack of other third party payment options.

MemberPress

After trying out multiple membership plugins, I committed to MemberPress. It's easy to implement, simple to maintain, and gets the job done. No regrets.

Pros

Everything from access rules to coupons to customizing the login form is slick and easy with MemberPress. From a technical standpoint, the integration with Stripe is solid; unlike some membership plugins, MemberPress stores the right information in Stripe instead of using it solely as the payment processor. That's a big advantage when it comes to integrating with other products in conjunction with MemberPress.

Cons

The cost was the only thing that made me hesitate in going with MemberPress. I really wanted to make a free product work, but I couldn't get them to do what I needed. In the end, I have been very happy to invest in MemberPress.

MemberPress is pretty good!

Protect my content and allow self-checkout and my membership run automatically.

Pros

Easy to DYI and to manage. The setup is simple and you can do it yourself.

Cons

Doesn't have the Portuguese version, it is a pain to translate to my language.

Works well as a membership platform

Very seamless

Pros

The ease of creating different membership categories and integrating with PayPal and Stripe

Cons

I would like to download a list of select membership groups instead of category by category or all at once.

This plugin saved my and my partners work during Covid

Pros

It’s intuitive and constantly updated. It works fantastic and it’s a great investment form anyone who ants got build a member based website.

Cons

I honestly don’t have complains at the moment

Best in the biz!

Excellent - this tool has helped me make a lot of money and help a lot of clients

Pros

It's easy to set up and easy to customize. I like to be able to develop my own style and flow and MemberPress is great for that.

Cons

My only suggestion would be to create MemberPress ready websites so you don't have to use it as an add on to another site.

Strong platform for membership offerings

My clients have been able to realize good profit margins on their courses/memberships with this tool while keeping the user on their own site (Versus a 3rd party teaching platform).

Pros

I chose this software for a few clients, most recently one delivering a multi-week high-level training on landscape design. While it takes work to implement and integrate, so far it has delivered a solid platform with reliable results. Customer support was helpful when we needed them.

Cons

Like most things you have to search around the knowledgebase to get answers to "how to" do something as it is not always immediately evident. Once using the tool more, however, it makes sense.

Solid product for any membership sites even in Japanese language

The support is excellent. And that's what it matters after all. Highly recommend the product.

Pros

It is well internationalized and easy to localize. The software is well thought-through to accomodate any membership sites. It is true that you need to have a basic technical knowledge to use this software, but even if you don't, the support is just excellent.

Cons

Requires a bit of css editing. Front-end design support features within the software would be great. And a bit more flexibilities in the ability to create separate registration forms per membership would be great, too.

Easy, Logical, and GREAT Onboarding

I love that they send ("drip") genuinely helpful emails over the first few days.

Pros

Everything is set up in a way that makes sense, so even if you haven't set up a membership site before, this is a great program to use right out of the box.

Cons

Setting up a membership site for the first time is just hard. It's hard to wrap your head around how everything will work, and the ideas I had weren't the same as all the solutions the people at MemberPress came up with -- they have a lot more offerings than I needed. But that's not a flaw! And thankfully, they make it easy to navigate.

A premium service with premium results

I was worried at first but was pleased at the results. I'm really happy I bit the bullet and moved over to a more expensive albeit better supported WordPress membership management system.

Pros

Migration from another service provider was easier than I thought. I really like all the features and the how to guides were really helpful.

Cons

Would be nice to have other payment gateways available, specifically cryptocurrency options. At the very least, would be nice to see some how to guide on how best to setup a offline gateway with the COINQVEST payment processor addon.

Easy to use, professional software.

Using it with a small business information website and using it to make the transactions smooth and professional. Can't have sketchy transactions.

Pros

Very well recommended, easy to learn, easy to teach to clients, robust, quick technical support.

Cons

The price is a bit up there but justified.

Great Platform!

Pros

I have built 2 websites in the past 2 months using MemberPress, it has been a godsend... I can't complain! The ability to lock pages, content & also have a login portal for users to login/sign up has been great for me and my clients' websites. I continue to recommend this product to new clients when they mention a backend portal for their site.

Cons

At first, I did not think I could lock specific, individual pages... I was wrong & have figured out how I can do this today! Thanks, MemberPress!

Great Plugin

Pros

Memberpress is an amazing plugin/application. It's one of about a dozen plugins that we consistently use for our clients, when developing their website for members. Inital setup is easy, options are numerous and customization of features and design is/are extensive.

Cons

The price. It's a little high compared to other applications, but as mentioned above the features are great.

Making memberships easy

Pros

Memberpress has been a great addition to product dev tech stack, as it allows me so much functionality at such a reasonable cost. My contracted developer loves using it and has nothing but good things to say. It's integrated so well into my wordpress platform. Highly recommend!

Cons

I wish I new more about various integrations, and having instructional videos to describe new features. I am not that tech savvy when it comes to wordpress and development, so being able to add a plug in such as an internal group chat feature for my members, I'd have no idea where to begin to look! Clarity and direction for plug ins, based on needs, would be awesome.

Best membership plug in

Pros

The ease of use. It work with minimun effort.

Cons

At first get to knowing it. The configuration get me some work, but was because of my inexperience.

Best Membership Plug with Great Service & Support

A very responsive company that has produced a fantastic plugin.

Pros

The plugin has a fantastic level of features and uses from basic sites to, learning platforms, multi level setups. All easy to do and use.

Cons

None, everything is amazing! Suppose the only thing might be a faster way to get more add-ons or features.

Start up your community with MemberPress

Some time ago I decide to start a membership to use with my training classes, and member press was just amazing... Im using every day!

Pros

I love the easy way to setup and start to use the software

Cons

I would like to have another options than PayPal to integrate the payment, for instance with Hotmart.com that we use a lot here in Brazil

Enabled Me To Easily Monetize my Blog

Great! I'm monetizing my blog quite simply and automatically.

Pros

I added MemberPress to my blog to enable me to add a premium membership option. It was quite simple to implement, had most of the features I wanted, and now I'm earning money every month from members who love my content and want more. I love how once set up it's quite automated.

Cons

It took a bit of care to set up and make sure I'd covered all aspects before launching. Getting it wrong would have been a disaster. But after taking time to read documentation and learn MemberPress, it was up and running as needed. It would have been nice to have template pages for Member areas, for example.

A complete, reliable and simple plugin

Great experience, great plugin and excellent support and customer service.

Pros

We have been testing it to create a training space in a client's online store. The membership functionalities are very easy to use and complete, compared to other similar plugins. I especially want to congratulate them for their support, which responds quickly and helps you with any questions. Also, when it comes to requesting a refund they don't put any problem (in my case I had even passed a little bit of the warranty period).

Cons

In our case, rather than a problem, our client was simply looking for a complete training platform. Although in the end we decided on a plugin designed specifically for that, I have to say that on our side even this functionality of Memberpress Courses seemed to us very complete for simple and medium e-learning projects.

The best Membership Platform we have used

Memberpress has been ideal for our clients that require membership websites with online payments. It integrates easily with WordPress and Wordpress Plugins. Very powerfull and easy to intergate

Pros

More logical and easier to set up that other membership platforms we have tried. Easily integrate with multiple payment options and Woocommerce. Great for automating membership subscriptions and payments with little interaction for our clients. Great for autorenewing subsciption. Customer support is great.

Cons

Initially a little daunting for our clients to get their heads around but once we have done a little training with them they seem to be OK

Easy to use and lots of options!

Just started my membership page, launching soon so we shall see how it goes and which features I use the most!

Pros

The simplicity to use...especially for a non computer tech person

Cons

some more video instruction videos would be great

Unless you have weeks to dedicate to setup or you're a coder - don't bother

I've spent DAYS asking support questions. They give the minimum answer with no real interest in helping to find a solution. If we weren't already in so deep, we'd move to a simpler, more user-friendly, platform.

Pros

Ability to work with existing content in Wordpress

Cons

Horrible implementation and setup - especially for anyone with an existing membership.

Hello Katie, Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and Capterra community. Though it's always disappointing to learn that a customer has had a negative experience, we consider these times an opportunity to focus on how we can improve. If you'd like to further discuss your concerns, please contact us at outreach@caseproof.com. Again, thank you for your review, and we do hope that we can work together to find a solution to your problem. Sincerely, MemberPress Customer Support

Excellent

Pros

Easy setup, works seamlessly with WordPress.

Cons

Difficult to customize form elements and customer-facing pages

Memberpress

Great

Pros

This will give me the ability to sell membership to content on my website.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this moment in time.