MemberPress

All-in-one membership plugin for WordPress

MemberPress Reviews - Page 7

Plugin is on point support should be improved

Pros

Ease to use, more options to choose from.

Cons

Flexibility and support should be faster

Hello Dinakar, Thanks so much for submitting a review! We're glad to hear you're having a good experience with MemberPress. In regard to support, we're sorry to hear that you experienced a delayed response. Typically, once you submit a ticket, you should hear from customer support within 24 hours. Rarely, it can take a bit longer, but we do try to respond as soon as possible to all requests. If you'd like to share any additional concerns with us, please feel free to contact us at outreach@caseproof.com. Thank you, again, for your review!

So far so good

Great experience so far.

Pros

I like the software options, I like the customer software and also interface. I havent set it up fully yet, so I may get back to my review later, and enter more informations, as time progress and I get more experiences with that.

Cons

I dont like just the fact that I didnt get to set it up yet. Which is more my fault honestly

Great & affordable membership plugin

Very satisfied with Memberpress, especially considering the price which is super affordable for what is offered!

Pros

Memberpress is a great all-around plugin and does its job very well! I am impressed by ease of use and the way some features are handled. It makes my life as a member site admin easier!

Cons

Memberpress should work on adding new features and some flexibility when it comes to modern marketing features such as registration/checkout page customisations, offering upsells, downsells and/or order bumps, etc.

Memberpress is the best Member plugin I've come across

After implementing a membership site for a client using Memberpress, I will now use it for my own site. I'll be recommending Memberpress to all my clients who require a membership section of their site.

Pros

What I liked most was that it includes a robust and powerful payment gateway integration with Stripe and Paypal. Also, setting up the criteria and parameters of memberships is easy and intuitive.

Cons

When the Stripe integration wasn't working, it was frustrating, but after some discussions with support, we worked out the issue. It is also a bit tricky to show content to Non-members only. You need to use a shortcode before and after the text which was challenging when it came to images etc.

Excellent Product

Overall experience is alright. I am not in love with it, but it is alright :)

Pros

Very helpful for those who want to start a membership site. Now that they have added "courses" add-on, besides tons of other add-ons, it is even more helpful.

Cons

The first-time purchase is not too high, but the next time renewal will be higher. I am not sure why. But, it still has some UI fixes. Not as clean as I thought it would be. A little bit pricey for me.

Good Product, Slight Learning Curve

The overall experience has been ok. Support is a little slow to get back to you.

Pros

Product works great, has a slight learning curve to it for the end-user (client side)

Cons

Lacking a few options and limitations. Would be nice to have the ability to choose a membership level in a dropdown list and to also collect questions about members with in the registration form. You also can not export a member list that has custom fields in it. You would have to go to each members profile to review any custom fields.

Highly recommend!

Pros

Super easy to use and all the features we could have wanted.

Cons

None - it does everything we would want it to do.

Just getting started

We're using the portal to allow members to pay dues, submit wine reviews and submit news items for our monthly newsletter.

Pros

Having all our members in one place with easy login is key.

Cons

We're just getting started, so it's early to say how easy it will be to get our members to use the portal.

Love the ease of use & intuitiveness of setting it up

So far, so good! I also appreciate reading through other honest reviews about MemberPress because it helped me decipher between which software to purchase. I think MemberPress gives you a lot of bang for your buck!

Pros

The set up is much easier than I anticipated. As a not-so-tech-savvy person, and wanting to learn it all on my own as I go, I can't tell you how easy this has been so far. I'm almost done setting up my site and so far, the process has been a breeze. I also appreciate the emails MP sends out to walk you through the set up.

Cons

So far, there's nothing I dislike about the software. I've been playing around with it and setting things up for the last couple of months or so and can't say anything negative about it.

Highly Customizable Platform

Pros

It's a one-stop solution for my website.

Cons

I am unable to create 3 step forms and required a developer.

What i think of MemberPress

MemberPress served me pretty well, had very little issues. I enjoyed the slick features too.

Pros

It integrates seamlessly with wordpress, a lot of cool features, recurring payments etc. The fact that it helps you set up a membership platform while developing content is pretty cool.

Cons

It has some "buggy" interface. Might be tough for users who are not technically inclined, but with a little navigation around plus support, everything should be cool in no time

Best Membership Plugin

We recently switched a client over to using this plugin, and it has been the perfect system!

Pros

Integrates well with most everything in WordPress, easy to use and setup.

Cons

Honestly, I think it's perfect. If anything, I would appreciate more integration and documentation, if possible.

Solved our membership issues

Pros

It is was relatively easy to use and setup in our Wordpress installation.

Cons

The few customization options in styling, adding css classes, logos, and editing the membership plans and payment options.

Hello! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and the Capterra community! Please feel free to contact us at outreach@caseproof.com should you have any questions or additional concerns about the interface. Take care!

Not bad

Pros

It’s simple to set up and easy to maintain.

Cons

The difficulty and lack of front end customization (including documentation on customizing by way of CSS) is a major draw. Given that everything is moving to mobile devices, our customers look for consistent branding and it becomes frustrating, at times, when we aren’t able to offer that without great difficulty by way of custom development.

Perfect!

It’s been PERFECT for making my membership for board sport girls!

Pros

I LOVE how this integrates so well with the other plugins I’m using. BuddyBoss, GamiPress, LearnDash and Woocommerce.

Cons

When I use Memberpress with BuddyBoss and Learn Dash, there tends to be a lot of the same things like login ins, etc, so it gets confusing.

MemberPress Rocks!

Support has been very helpful every step of the way.

Pros

It was so easy to set up and get my client running that it blew me away.

Cons

If you consider this a con, I have a use case that MemberPress does not handle out of the box but seems to be so well written that we are on track to completely add the functionality and go live months faster than if we would have had to write the code from scratch.

Highly recommend

Pros

We like that it has everything we need to get a membership site off the ground. We love an annual fee vs monthly. It's great that the team is continually expanding and improving

Cons

We've had a couple little glitchy conflicts. But honestly, it's to be expected with WordPress applications once you throw in the theme and other plugins. And it's been nothing that has hindered us in the long-run.

Excellent plugin, very comprehensive

good, we've used it on many sites and it's our standard membership plugin

Pros

Support and developers code snippets. So easy to extend.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment. None that I can think of at the moment.

Best membership plugin

Pros

MemberPress is very user friendly and easy to setup. It has a ton of features and its compatible with Buddypress platform, good customisation options and how many other plugins integrate.

Cons

Integration with Buddypres, easy to use and usefull features.

Great service and integrations

So far it’s great. The service has been really helpful.

Pros

Great service and loads of pre built integrations. Zapier works well with it and the customer service has been brilliant.

Cons

The fields editor could be a little more developed. For example being able to have drop down lists for countries or post code/zip code search for auto address fill.

Working on it

Natural

Pros

The drip feature is great but could be better

Cons

The instructions on how to set up the systems needs a lot of work, it would be better if there were videos on how to set up each step and feature so I don’t constantly have to look for how tos on YouTube

Hello Mr. Bucknor, Thank you very much for sharing your review and thoughts with us and the Capterra community. We're glad you're finding the platform natural to navigate and are using the drip feature. However, we're sorry to hear you've had trouble with set up. As tough as it is to get negative feedback, we appreciate that it helps us deliver a better product and customer experience. We have a series of helpful videos planned for the near future, which should be helpful to you and our other customers. Thanks so much for choosing MemberPress, and please feel free to reach out to us through the support page on our website anytime. Take care, MemberPress Customer Service

Good tech, a little less good UI

It's a good solution to a problem. But if you're a UI/UX afficionado, you'll need a bit more help to get to the point where you can call it a finished project.

Pros

Very flexible for customisations & integrations. Has a ton of use cases covered.

Cons

There's almost no front end UI customisation capabilities. You can't refine how the forms look or fonts and what not.

So far so good

FAb love it!

Pros

Easy to use and install - already have members signed up - great coaching emails and manual!

Cons

Bit clunky but that could be me in terms of design

Hi Julie, Thank you for your review! Please feel free to contact us at outreach@caseproof.com if you'd like assistance with the design process. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you!

My favorite membership plugin for WordPress despite the price

MemberPress is a very well-thought out and powerful solution for creating membership sites on WordPress and selling content. It's notably easier to set up, to my mind, than the competition.

Pros

Unlike some of the competition, Memberpress offers most of the basic integrations in the standard configuration. Drip Content is available in the cheapest plan (which isn't all that cheap however, although there always seem to be discounts). LearnDash integration is excellent. Levels and memberships can be set up simultaneously, a much better process than Restrict Content Pro. The setting tabs make setting up memberships easy, better than the competition.

Cons

Pricey. Very. No lifetime license option, as in Restrict Content Pro.

MemberPress for Members-Only Content Works Great!

Wonderful!

Pros

MemberPress was the best solution for our company when we needed members-only content control for our members-only portal. It was easy to integrate and has worked well for our patrons.

Cons

We wish that there was functionality to manage expirations based on first login date, instead of date of purchase.