Moodle LMS Logo

Moodle LMS Reviews - Page 7

2,892 reviews

Andres I.

E-Learning, 10,001+ employees

A decent option for online education

Good platform that allows a good organization of the courses.

Pros

I liked the way the courses can be organized, the learning divided by topics and sections. The assignment of works is simple and in the same way it is the qualification and that the students receive the note.

Cons

It feels a bit old compared to other platforms like Google Classroom, it could be more dynamic.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. In Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4.0's fresh and intuitive user experience. https://bit.ly/3bgVsDC Regards.

Shamal J.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Experience of Moodle as an University Student

Pros

Moodle is a learning management system which is used in many higher education institutes. I'm using it as an user because my university also use moodle as their learning management system. Moodle also have a mobile app on both android and IOS. With the help of Moodle lecturers can maintain a course calendar. Assignments and other submissions can be collected through this. Lecturers can activate or...

Cons

Sometime I had difficulties to find my courses. Mobile app interface is little bit harder to navigate.

QT

Qutiba T.

E-Learning, self-employed

moodel review

I use it from 2019 it is a good app but we did not received any alert when the submitting date near to end

Pros

easy to access to courses easy to switch the account to access to previous courses We can get announcements from our lecturers. We can discuss with each other and with our lecturers and supervisors. We can do the quizzes on it . We can see the grades . Easy to access and communicate with the participations in the courses and email them.

Cons

We facing some problems when we drop the files of assignments (submitting process). Some of assignments have zone time to submit our reports, there is no any alert to to alert us if the submitting date near to end.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. At Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4.0's fresh and intuitive user experience. https://bit.ly/3bgVsDC Regards.

Facundo A.

Architecture & Planning, 10,001+ employees

Evaluando Moodle

Es una plataforma que me dio (y da), la posibilidad de acceder a una educación de calidad, de forma continua y desde cualquier parte o momento del día.Aunque la considero un tanto rígida, estructurada y anticuada en algunos aspectos, nos permite acceder, de forma concreta, a la información que realmente necesitamos utilizar.

Pros

Es una plataforma de e-learning con una gestión ágil, práctica y fácil de utilizar. Siempre es una buena opción a tener en cuenta a la hora de la educación en línea. Es flexible, permite modificaciones de forma sencilla y cuenta con múltiples herramientas colaborativas.

Cons

En el caso de que no generar una buena estructura o una programación adecuada de la plataforma, la información puede llevar a enlaces defectuosos, espacios vacíos, o errores emergentes muy molestos.Cuando se crea un aula, es responsabilidad del usuario, construir un sitio seguro y completo para ofrecer un aprendizaje en línea.

Rok L.

Great LMS

Great LMS, free, open-source, constantly evolving, with lots of plugins and addins.

Pros

Moodle is the one place to store your school work - grading, quizzing, sending assignments to teachers or to students, ... you store it on your server, so you have safety and knowledge of data location.

Cons

Hard to start using if you use it on your own server - quite some prerequisites. There are regular updates, but on Linux you can use git (yet another not so straightforward thing to do).

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. In Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Moodle's network of Service Providers are certified by Moodle's exacting standards in customer service, technical capability and include our endorsed network of 100 Moodle partners and premium partners. Providing regionally relevant expertise in customisations, hosting, support and training. Find your Moodle Partner here: https://bit.ly/3tMjSve

Nipuna R.

Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees

Students + Teachers = Smart Education

As a Teacher/Instructor, I really interested to use this platform. It improved my efficiency in educational works.

Pros

Easy and user-friendly user interface allowed to navigate through course works and related data easily. Easy to setup as a instructor and can connect with students and update them easily.

Cons

Mobile app is sometimes not working properly with some devices.

JV

Jaime Valeriano R.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

A Review about Moodle in a University Student Perspective

We've been using Moodle for almost 3 years now. Even without a pandemic, this application has been very helpful for us students when it comes to organizing matters. It is helpful for time management, organizing academic requirements, etc.

Pros

Moodle is very easy to navigate. Whenever there are instruction about submitting a particular file because it is a academic requirement. It is very easy for me to follow it. With that, I believe that Moodle made time efficient for students to manage their works and such. Also, I use the calendar here in Moodle for my time management purposes.

Cons

I think Moodle is one of the ideal learning management system. I am not sure about this but someone told me that Moodle is ineffective in tracking cheating in tests and assessments because unlike Canvas that has the capability to detect if a student change to another tab or another window during an exam or quiz.

HB

Hubert B.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Decent platform to unify module resources

At my university Moodle is a go-to platform for module resources published by the lecturers. It provides a structured environment for them to do so, rather than departmental websites which vary in quality depending on lecturer's skill. A lot can be done through Moodle if the staff is appropriately trained, though at the beginning they often find it hard to use appropriate functionalities.

Pros

A consistent theme and organisational structure for all modules taught at the university; An option to rename a file and provide a description on upload; Assignments with constraints on file size, type and quantity; Integration with Echo lecture capture; A forum for each module allowing easy and scoped contact between course members; Decent multimedia handling facility allowing interactive tutorials and quizzes.

Cons

Occasionally there are problems with accessing modules at the very beginning if the lecturer is not experienced with setting up the page. I believe this process must not be intuitive as lot of them struggle. Fine-grained access control makes it hard/impossible for students to peek materials available for modules they haven't yet registered for. Navigation through active courses is done through a bunch of blue links that feel like early 2000s web pages. A re-design of the 'Dashboard' would be a good idea. Reportedly setting up a clear folder structure for module files is not intuitive, some lecturers struggle. These are all minor but annoying drawbacks.

CM

Chethan M.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Review of Moodle Learning Management System

Pros

Moodle is a very popular learning management system (lms). Moodle is the most widely used learning software in most of the universities across the world. Moodle is a Open Source LMS which has also made it popular. Moodle has many nice features like configure wide range of quizzes with options to shuffle the questions on every turn, One can create many online courses with reading materials of various formats, Moodle also provides options to upload documents, Moodle Administration option allows manage the whole moodle lms. Moodle user management provides option to add users , provide access to required courses, quizzes etc. Moodle community is very active and there are many freely available plugins which adds many new features.

Cons

Moodle is popular and widely used and has very less disadvantages or demerits. As Moodle is a Open source, Full or Active Support from Moodle team cannot be expected and need to be dependent only on community or hire experience Moodle experts to manage the system. As Moodle is a PHP based open source software - it normally lacks good UI and user experience compared to other custom paid tools. to start using Moodle, one need to undergo some learning curve and training.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Great for students and instructors

All in all, Moodle is very handy for class management on both students’ and instructors’ side. Saves a lot of time and keeps all communication in one place.

Pros

My experience with Moodle covers both “sides”, as I have used it as a student and as an instructor. It is a great go-to resource for all the course materials, grades, feedback and even discussions. We use Moodle for sharing files with students, keeping track of their performance and class announcements. The set of tools allows you to make lots of adjustments to the course page, customize it, add files that are not visible to certain user groups (for example, students), etc. I use the feedback & commenting feature a lot when grading student work and they get notifications whenever I post grades or feedback. I also like that you can see the last time a student visited the course page. Gives you an idea of how often they check the page for updates and new material ;)

Cons

I use both desktop and mobile versions of Moodle and I have to say that mobile app is often buggy when it comes to notifications and course changes. Some of my students have also complained that they do not get notified on mobile when I post grades, even with all the notification settings turned on.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Awesome open-source software for post-secondary

Pros

Open-source software is always a plus if you have the resources and know-how to manage it. Hosting is also relatively cheap if that's what you need. Moodle also has a lot of great plugins and a host of online information and documentation so the help is there if you're willing to look for it. From a student's perspective, Moodle is pretty easy to navigate and holds all relevant student info, including class information, participants, group forums (good for studying/collaboration), quizzes, feedback portal, grades, etc. Very easy to submit assignments.

Cons

Implementing and managing Moodle is relatively easy if you have the available IT resources. If not, it's very resource-laden. Looks are a bit outdated and it would be nice for students to be more easily notified if other users comment on their posts/replies in the group forums without having to be logged in. Mobile capability could be better.

David C.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Mi aportación a Moodle

Uso el software a diario para revisar y subir notas, realizas mis actividades estudiantiles. Para mi experiencia es una plataforma increíble para los estudiantes, super recomendados a colegios y universidades.

Pros

Las funciones que ofrece el software son muy precisas, fácil de usar como plataforma. Da la categorización de los cursos y tareas de una forma ordenada y acceso rápido, así mismo respeta la privacidad en los inicios de sesión.

Cons

Algo que no me gusta de la plataforma ahora es la actualización de diseño que tiene, estaba mejor su anterior diseño e interfaz de usuario.

am

ako m.

Internet, self-employed

j'adore Moodle

En tant qu'étudiant Moodle m'a permis de recevoir facilement mes cours en ligne, il permet de très bonne interactions entre étudiants et professeurs, bref c'est un logiciel très facile et simple à utiliser.

Pros

Tous les outils et leurs fonctionnalités permettent une bonne gestion de groupes étudiants, avec un mode de communication synchrone .

Cons

à part le support de formation manquant, il n' y a pas grand chose à détester.

Showing original review in French. See translation

KM

Katherine Marie H.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Moodle through the eyes of a student and a student assistant

Overall, Moodle is a good product for university students as it brings multiple alternatives in different ways of learning either in-person or online and it provides a space where students can access their assignments and grades all in one place for all the classes.

Pros

I like the deadline reminders in my email because we often are busy with our days that assignments might pass through our minds, but receiving a notification really helps. Also, it allows different types of assignments like discussion forums which bring new class activities and participation, especially during COVID times.

Cons

Sometimes the "Turn it in" option can get glitchy or a lot of time to load the assignment.

Tigran P.

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

Review for Moodle

Moodle is a main source that is used in my university(I am doing my Masters and working at the same time). It helps me to submit my homework and track deadlines. Although I am very good at using Moodle now, it took me a long time to get used to it.

Pros

First it is free source for students, so you do not pay anything. Second you can enroll for different types of classes just using enrollment key and this is very convenient. Besides Moodle shows you the deadline for different assignments and you can submit your university homework by using Moodle, which is very practical and easy. Also it allows you to track your GPA for each course, that you too before. Moodle recently added a group chat function, and this might be a great tool for team projects.

Cons

It is very slow. Sometimes it takes more that 1 minute in order to upload 1 Word file. This is quite embarrassing. Also it sometimes have serious technical issues and students do not have access to Moodle. Also, the interface of Moodle is not well designed and it took me a while to become familiar with it.

YA

Yandri A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

"The best LRM arrangement among its other options"

Moodle was set up to expand our current preparation frameworks, which are two unique LMS frameworks for two altogether different divisions of the organization. Moodle was the product that unified regulatory and other cross-divisional phases of preparation and permitted us to arrive at the whole organization as opposed to copying work in two unique frameworks.

Pros

In general, Moodle has been a really beneficial encounter for me. My group and I burn through generally little energy on Moodle creating new classes, courses, and tests. The organization of courses is smooth, and understudies may effortlessly gain proficiency with Moodle's UI

Cons

On every server we attempted to put it on, the recommended establishment method (directly from server console) didn't work for us. We finished setting up each occasion through the web (which is an exceptionally extraordinary choice).

Information Services, 201-500 employees

Online learning made easier by Moodle!

The software is very smooth and barely have glitches. They also respond to our troubleshoot tickets quickly and accordingly. Overall, the ride with this product has been very smooth.

Pros

Online learning can be a bit tough for beginners or people who are used to face-to-face classes, but the use of moodle is very easy that it can even be used for very young students! Moodle is the main platform that being used by our college and overall has been a very helpful tool since the incorporation of hybrid classes into regular face-to-face classes, especially now that the campus is closed, but all the students are still continuing to learn online using this product.

Cons

Although the software has very limited features and is often compared to bigger and better products, I can definitely say that with the cheap fee that comes with it, this product is very worth it and has everything that we need.

MAURICIO C.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Good enough for students

I had online classes here and it's so easy to use this platform to get into my courses and stuff, Last year we use another software and it was a little bit harder to use and get into courses, nowadays we use this platform and it is so easy not only for me but also for my classmate and teachers

Pros

I really like the mobile class because you can access your class wherever you are, you just gotta have an internet connection to make it possible Also, I really appreciate having the course management and learner portal because these tools make the life of a student easier

Cons

video conferencing is not the best videoconferencing system but you can use it if you have no other alternative

DO

Damian O.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Excelente sistema de educación a distancia

Ahora con la pandemia, el instituto tuvo que dar sus clases en línea, y Moodle nos fue de gran importancia, pues ayudó a atender a todo el alumnado en línea sin problema alguno.

Pros

La facilidad para poder crear todo el contenido a utilizar: clases, videos y exámenes. El docente al recibir las tareas podrá verlas sin necesidad de descargarlas y podrá calificarlas de manera muy fácil. La carga del material a utilizar tampoco es complicado. Nos ha resultado muy práctica esta plataformar, aunado a que es 'free' por lo que solo invertimos en un servidor VPS para que funcionara y así ha estado sin problemas. A la fecha no hemos encontrado error alguno, y a veces hay hasta 300 alumnos conectados al sistema.

Cons

No he encontrado realmente algo que no me haya gustado, tal vez algunas cosas por mejorar, pero que no afectan realmente su principal propósito.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Nice platform…. If it were easier to use!

Depending on the number of students and/or courses it may be worth learning how to use and fully customize Moodle. For small numbers I cannot say it is worth the time you have to spend with self training.

Pros

Getting started with it is not that difficult once you have read or watched the dedicated tutorials

Cons

I found it pretty difficult to customize the appearance of courses. In fact I gave up because I still think that the appearance of the course is not fully customizable (I couldn’t find out how after some months trying)

TT

Tomeka T.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Customized learning with Moodle!

Moodle has been a great tool for us to create on-demand PD for teachers. It is easy to manage the content and offers asynchronous learning that is still social and allows teachers to interact with their cohort. We import SCORM packages as well as use Moodle's tools to create interactive lessons that are engaging.

Pros

The features that I like most about Moodle is that it is open-source, customizable, and is easy use for course creators and students.

Cons

Some of the reports I use frequently require too many clicks to access quickly.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. In Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. In order to inform teaching decisions, Report Builder, has been incorporated into Moodle 4.0. Managers can generate improved system-level and custom reports allowing educators to measure student progress, analyse the impact and improve learning programs. Learn more here https://bit.ly/3bgVsDC Regards.

BM

Bruno M.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Great customizable LMS

It enables to create various types of courses and trainings. Enables integration with Zoom. Restorations of courses is a life saver!

Pros

I like the fact that is a fully customizable LMS. Enables many implementations. The use of plugins is a must!

Cons

Too much options that are not easy to understand. Not simple to customize. Requires a lot of work to do updates!

Rameez B.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

One of the better/best open-source LMS

I am impressed with the Moodle. It may not have all the bells and whistles such as your paid for products, however, it is free software so don't expect too much. It gets the job done and is a wonderful step into the world of e-learning, especially if you are a company who is wanting to convert from hardcopy to online learning. Moodle will be a good indicator as to whether or not the conversion will be right for you.

Pros

Although this product may not have all the bells and whistles of a robust LMS, for a free, open-source product it is definitely a product/service I will recommend. Because it is free, you would expect the customer service and treatment to be sub-par however, I can honestly say that is not the case. I was assisted promptly with my issues and concerns and was delighted by the service I received as it was effective and efficient. My Pro goes to the service, not the product (Even though I do personally feel that this is a great platform for those who want to experience online learning but may not have the funds for an LMS)

Cons

Absolutely nothing I disliked about it. This is a free, open-source product, use it or don't use it but there is nothing to fault about it, only lots that can be improved on as time goes on.

KD

Kayla D.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Moodle Review

Pros

Moodle is an excellent tool for me to manage my grades, assignments, and other class-related data. I  can easily keep track of what I am expected to do each week with Moodle.

Cons

Finding your way around and finding what you're looking for is very challenging. The dashboard's inclusion of courses from both the current and previous semesters is extremely complex.