All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

My Music Staff

Cloud-based music school management software

My Music Staff Reviews

Helps me stay organized

Pros

This software has improved my ability to track student payments and stay organized with my lesson planning.

Cons

It takes a little playing around with it to get the hang of it, but it is great once you get it down.

Thankful I found mymusicstaff!

Pros

I like that I keep finding new things that the software offers. I think of something I wish it did and then I discover it does it, plus more.

Cons

I haven't encountered any problems yet.

The Best & Only Staff You Will Need

My overall experience with My Music Staff is very good. May My Music Staff continue to come up with more innovative features for us.

Pros

The Invoicing function helps me generate invoices easily and accurately.

Cons

The Student Attendance feature could be better.

Fantastic.

I've changed over from a competitor and I'm not looking back. Thank you MMS.

Pros

Love the customer service and how the Calendar is laid out.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve, but that's probably just the user.

Works great, support response is fast and helpful

Just started, but great so far!

Pros

No limit to number of students. Pricing is the same for any studio.

Cons

Would be nice to have an option for billing by the semester, but it can be worked around.

Loving my organized teaching life with My Music Staff

Keeping track of 2 different teaching locations!

Pros

Keeping up with attendance and payments

Cons

At first it was entering everything but that’s gotten easier as I’ve become more familiar with it!

Work on your Usability

The finnickiness of how to use the system has led to mass numbers of incorrect emails being sent to clients, which makes our business look inadequate, when really our accounting system is sending emails to clients without our permission. ???

Pros

It appears that it can do a lot of useful functions.

Cons

Very difficult to figure out how to make the system do what you want, and near-impossible to get any kind of guidance. Why is there no user guide? Why are the FAQs so limited? Why do I get your voicemail when I call customer service during business hours?

A Good Tool For Teaching Music

I've used this for a few months and it's made things easier to teach guitar to people outside of my area. It's proving to be quite the useful tool.

Pros

There's a free trial so you can get your feet wet before diving in and paying $12.95/month. The software allows you to manage your class, scheduling, registration, students, and practice log. Students can learn with you live online as well.

Cons

It's $12.95 a month which isn't bad, but isn't great either. Couldn't integrate my own calendar with theirs.

Theresa Rossiter

Business organization has always been an issue for me. Not any more!!

Pros

All business organization forms in one place.

Cons

I have no complaints about this product at this time.

What I like about MMS

I like that I can easily send multiple reminders about payments to families that are individual to them. I’ve only been using it for a few months but it looks like I’ll really be able to streamline several processes as I learn how and get all the information entered.

Pros

I like having all of my studio info at my fingertips, AND being able to share what I want with my families, so they have everything handy too.

Cons

I would like a way to be able to leave comments beside each repertoire selection a student has instead of writing out the selections again in notes.

Love My Music Staff

Pros

Easy to use, customer service is great, and the network of other users is great.

Cons

Just getting used to it, but so far its the best thing we've used.

Reviewing as a student

Fantastic!!

Pros

My son's instructor uses this software, while I can't speak to the usability on the operator side, I can speak about the student side. We have been very impressed by the way our instructors billing and scheduling is accurate and consistent. Able to request changes in scheduling is a snap and doesn't require a lot of back and forth. From our end, very easy to use.

Cons

Honestly, we have no problems on our end of the service, it has been great.

Pros

I'm new to My Music Staff and it has been easy to learn in a busy environment.

Cons

It is one of many windows I have to keep open.

MyMusic Staff

Pros

- one portal for all studio needs - bookkeeping software

Cons

- students/parents have found it hard to use and track practicing

Works great

Pros

Let's us do just about everything we need.

Cons

Schedule could integrate both ways from Google calendar instead of just one way.

Mymusicstaff.com

Excellent!

Pros

Easy to use. More economical than the competition.

Cons

I really don’t have anything I don’t like yet.

Really useful for lesson planning!

Pros

I found it really useful for planning lessons, which allows for great use of my time. The interface made it really easy to find everything I needed.

Cons

Not much I found wrong with the software. The pricing is great!

Great for music teachers and studio owners!

Pros

Detailed schedule and billing. Works on any device. It helps you to organize your classes and schedules, if you don't have a website My Music Staff make it easy for you to create your one of your own.

Cons

In my opinion there have to be a better way to track students progression. I'm new with My Music Staff and still getting to know it well, when i have a more complete experience with it i'll review it back again.

My Music Staff

Pros

Great idea and implementation which fills a very particular niche. Easy to create invoices and send to students.

Cons

There are fees associated with the full service that may deter some smaller studios/individual teachers with few students and resources.

Help in your music study

Pros

It helps you a lot in the automation of your music studio since it works with very good algorithms to help simplify your work, in this way you can concentrate on better producing your artist and put aside that work of numbers

Cons

It is expensive for everything it offers and makes access difficult for anyone who is just starting their study will not be able to acquire it

Easy Peasy!

I have the overall look of my business at my fingertips. When tax time comes I will be ready to go without hours of prep for my accountant.

Pros

The more I get to know MMS, the easier it makes my job. I feel organized and love the ease of keeping track of expenses, mileage. creating reports and communicating with student's families . If I have a question that I cannot figure out by reading the help section I am always able to talk to a friendly person to get answers. I'm glad I chose MMS!!

Cons

I like this software it's just challenging for me to learn how to use it. Lucky for me I'm not glued to this everyday and in general just use it 2 times a month. This has it's draw backs because I also forget how to do things when I go back to it a couple weeks later.

Great Affordable Solution!

I have really enjoyed it and think it is a great solution for music lesson studios of all sizes!

Pros

Easy to coordinate my lesson scheduling and payments. I also love the website builder feature integrated into the software! It helped me put together an awesome site in no time and allows students to sign up via my website.

Cons

Nothing yet! I have had a great experience so far with My Music Staff!

Needs Improvement

Overall experience would be to find a better scheduling for everyone. Or just go back to a real calendar to use.

Pros

Calendar is easy to read with highlights to catch your eye.

Cons

Can be complicated at times with to much time to spend fixing errors.

Takes too much time

Pros

I can use it for monthly invoices; I don't use it for communication with the families.

Cons

I wouldn't say I like to take the attendance; I prefer to write the repertoire in my notebook; I need a better tool to estimate my income. I want to use e-transfer for counting my income, which I can't here.

Hi Victoria! We're sorry to hear you're finding it's taking you too much time to use My Music Staff. We took a peek at your account and it looks like there are some features you haven't had a chance to explore yet. We'd love to set up a time to meet with you to show you some of these features and see what areas we can help you set up. A member of our support team is going to reach out to you shortly, so be on the lookout for an email! :)

Piano

Good

Pros

Calendar keeps up with apointmments and like the posting of payments

Cons

Having trouble with posting payment and when I post a payment it shows a balance

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.