All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

My Music Staff

Cloud-based music school management software

My Music Staff Reviews

Left MTH for MMS

I moved to from Music Teacher's Helper to My Music Staff because their was a higher level of stability and better features. The tools I need are laid out in a logical order and load fast. Anytime I have had a problem and contacted customer support, I have always received a fast personal response via email within 24 hours. Most of the time within just a few hours. In the future, I hope they will add e-commerce and maybe a dedicated mobile app. I will say that the "web app" functions fine with the exception of some buttons being a little small to click on. Overall, this company is focused on the end user and aims to meet their needs.

Pros

Quick and personal customer support Nice looking website and options to use your own Always adding new features!

Cons

I would like to be able to market products to my students via MMS.

Perfect for a growing studio

MyMusicStaff has been a tremendous help for our growing studio. It has allowed us to manage our time better but taking the leg work out. Our teachers love the portal which allows them to see and adjust their schedules. Our parents love the access to lesson notes, financial records & the practice portal. We tried other platforms, but truly, nothing compares to what MyMusicStaff has to offer!

Pros

*Fairly easy to Use *Account Management *Pricing can't be beat - way more features than other platforms * Student Alerts are so helpful

Cons

I would like to see more options for invoicing as well as an option to designate preferred payment cycle by customer. Additionally, I would like to be able to create studio room assignments on the calendar. We would like to see an App!

Makes My Life Easy!

My overall experience has been great--glad to be in my fourth year of using MMS!

Pros

I like the fact that MMS is a comprehensive scheduling, attendance, billing, and accounting software that truly does make life easier for both me and for my students (or their parents). I can get all of the reports I need for tax purposes, or for keeping parents and their payments on track.

Cons

I only wish that there were customizable reports--sometimes there is information that I want to have grouped together.

Hey Steven! You're a seasoned My Music Staff user :) We're always open to feedback and suggestions. If there is additional reporting you'd like to see, we want to hear about it. Let our team know by sending an email to support@mymusicstaff.com

My Music Staff has changed my lesson life!!!

My Music Staff has literally changed the way I keep track of students/lessons/fees. I am way more organized, have easier communication with students and parents, and can keep track of how much students owe with EASE! Thanks guys!!!

Pros

I love the ease of scheduling, the fact that all my lessons are in day view as well as calendar view, and most important for me, it tracks how much my students owe so I don't forget to charge them!

Cons

One thing about changing/ trading a student's time with another - it's awkward. You have to delete one student, change the time of the other student, and then add the other student back in - there's no ability to swap times with 2 students. If that could be fixed, I would love life!

Everything you need in one place.

MMS is the only package that allows us to have what we need, where we need it and when we need it. It’s concise enough that you might like a little more but there are always updates and new features to try.

Pros

The online portal means that you are able to use any device to access and control your information. Students and parents have a simple, all in one place platform that they have control over. The functionality is simple and effective. The updates are based on customer feedback and the support team are truly on the ball.

Cons

Different clients are all labelled as students. Would be good to have a variety of client options to enable schools, charities, students etc to have their own designation.

Best Music Teacher Online Help!

My Music Staff is amazing. Every music teacher would greatly benefit having this huge resource at their finger tips. I have been with them for three years and I've never regretted switching to this program. It keeps getting better and better!

Pros

My Music Staff is my accountant, my secretary, my calendar, communications, public relations, it is one of the biggest reasons I'm a successfully self-employed piano teacher! I love the price, how easy it is to use, they're always updating, and they're customer service is top notch.

Cons

Whenever I have a little concern or small thing I'd love to have available, they have always fixed it or updated it within a few weeks. So I don't really have a least favorite thing.

User and student friendly!

I never realized how much I forgot week to week until I started using MyMusicStaff. The notes have meant that both I and my students remember what we talked about in-lesson, and that's made their progress much more steady. It's also so easy to keep track of my schedule versus the other teacher who uses the same studio. No more schedule conflicts!

Pros

I like that it's easy to use and keeps in mind what's important for teacher and students. Having space for file sharing and practice logs are such invaluable tools.

Cons

Sometimes, like most apps and sites, it glitches and will give make up credits or make charges where there shouldn't be. It's not a huge problem though, since it's an easy fix.

Woohoo! No more scheduling conflicts :) The make-up credits are tied to your attendance. If you need help tracking down why a credit was issued or used, our team would be more than happy to help. You can contact our support team at support@mymusicstaff.com

Less time wondering about expectations, more time creating music.

Pros

-Very simple, elegant layout. -Easy communication between individual or all students and teacher. -Provides simple distribution of sheet music, lesson notes, or other materials for download to students. -Students can provide practice notes and practice time that both them and the teacher have access to, allowing for mutual communication and creating more valuable lessons with provided information.

Cons

-Lesson notes are on an "honor system", and there is no tracking of whether or not students truly do track time as they go or if they simply write words into the practice log and submit straight away, making it very easy for students to lie here.

Best money I spend every month

I tell all my colleagues about this software. It is so helpful for me and keeps me organized and makes my job so much easier. I think I’m a better teacher because I spend all of my time doing the thing I love most, teaching.

Pros

The ease of scheduling is so helpful with a large studio of 34. The invoices and website are professional and impresses all my clients. The customer support is incomparable to all compeditors! They immediately get back to me and are so helpful. I couldn’t say enough about how wonderful the service is!

Cons

Honestly? If I had to ask for anything it would be more website templates. I’d love to be able to have more custom options and make my page look more artistic and modern.

The best option for music studio management

I have been teaching privately for over twenty years and made the transition to an All-Digital workflow long before most of my colleagues. I worked with a number of only scheduling platforms and found most of them very frustrating, or not structured properly for this field. My Music Staff does both and I have recommended it to colleagues many times. It is the centerpiece of my operation and all communication and scheduling flow​ through it.

Pros

My Music Staff is tailored to the needs of practitioners in our field. Handling families with multiple children in the studio, or appointment types that need to accommodate​ multiple participants is effortless.

Cons

I've been sitting and thinking about this for a while. There are a couple of minuscule things about the calendar that might be nice to change, but I think they are the way they are because it is an online platform. It's really solid application.

Best Time Saver Ever

I've only had to contact customer support a couple times and each time I did, they got right back to me and fixed or answered the problem. So far I've had a stellar experience and can't imagine my life without MMS.

Pros

Best decision I ever made. I use the calendar daily. It is so easy it is to schedule appointments. My parents are able to log in, see the calendar and register for events and classes as needed. It has really streamed lined registration each summer and fall. It helped me keep track of the the student's repertoire and has helped me manage my books so easily.

Cons

Not really a con, but I would love a place to keep track of scores. Unfortunately it would need to be customize-able to each program I have my students in, right now I use Excel to keep all their scores and I would love to have the info all in one place.

Completely changed my business for the better!!!!!

I spent years doing my own attendance on paper, and using excel and charts. It was terrible, and so time consuming, not to mention I lost a lot of money on mathematical errors, and not being able to keep proper track of all my clients and their pay schedules. After getting My Music Staff, I know feel in control, and can run my business easily and effectively - and so QUICK!!!!!! Thank you a million times over!

Pros

It's so easy to use, and it makes attendance and payment recording so effortless! I love how many features and options, especially the invoice creator! Overall this is a need for anyone in music lesson business! We don't need to be spending hours doing accounting and record keeping - this allows us to focus on our main objective, teaching incredible singers and musicians!!!! :)

Cons

I don't have any cons! I really like how this software was created!

Couldn't manage without it!

I love MMS. Customer service is hands down the best I have experienced, and they are always improving the software from customer feedback. There's no going back for me!

Pros

While there are other class management programs available, My Music Staff understands the unique needs of music teachers. It was easy to get started and it seems that every time I think " I wonder if the software can do ______ ?" it can! It has been indispensable in creating a smoothly running business , freeing up my time, and giving me the security of knowing MMS is keeping me organized. The automatic invoicing is great. Clients have been impressed by my professionalism and the features of the Student Portal.

Cons

No dedicated "emergency contact" field for students. There is a workaround to this though so it's a very minor issue.

Piano Teaching + My Music Staff = Awesomeness!

Pros

I can't imagine ever teaching without this software. It keep my sometimes crazy teaching schedule organized, invoicing and billing is amazing, reminders to parents and students about upcoming lessons is invaluable. Great customer service--website has wonderful tutorials! Very easy to use after you set it up. It just runs my studio like clockwork! I had used a couple of other calendar/invoicing software systems before, but My Music Staff is my forever software. I just couldn't operate without it!

Cons

I absolutely don't have any cons. Just take some time when you set it up and it will run perfectly!

A Huge Fan!

Pros

My Music Staff has been a life saver for me. I am able to handle my lesson load in a more organized fashion. As a result of this wonderful program, I have almost gone completely "green." Very seldom do I have to send communication by means of physical documents. Parents are especially appreciative of the weekly progress reports (lesson notes) received after each lesson session. I am also excited about featuring my personal studio website along with the My Music Staff program. Creating the website was extremely easy, and is a nice addition to introducing new and prospective students to information about the programs offered within my studio. My Music Staff, overall, is an AWESOME program.

Cons

I am pleased, overall, with the program.

Time saver

This program allows me to keep track of student attendance and practice notes on a daily basis. It also helps me to ensure that I am getting paid for my services and automatically sends out invoices on my behalf. It allows me to accept credit card payments and also offers the user a way to set up a website if the user does not have one of their own. There is also a way for students and parents to log in to record their practice times, make payments, see notes and documents and so much more. At the end of the year, with just a few clicks I have a report ready to help with submitting any documents I need for tax purposes.

Pros

This program kept me organized. I knew that everything I needed would be in one place.

Cons

Just needs to be a little more mobile friendly.

Everything I need!

This software easily automates processes that are very cumbersome to do manually. I do not use the student portal feature yet, but I love the scheduling, invoicing, and messaging features. And the event reminder texts and emails help our students so much!

Pros

Customer service is AWESOME. Quick response and have always successfully helped me with any questions or issues!

Cons

I wish it had a true app interface. But the mobile website works well as a substitute. For some reason I struggle with the make-up lesson tracking feature, and I would like to be able to customize reports better as well as create my own reports that may not be standard based on specific desired fields of info.

I love MMS!

I love it! So user friendly and a wonderful program

Pros

I love that I can see my schedule as well as upcoming classes/events for the school I work with!

Cons

I wish there was a tab for teacher availability

Hey Angelina, We're glad to hear you've been loving My Music Staff. You're going to love us even more after I tell you that you can already record a teacher's availability! Here's what you'll need to do: 1. Navigate to "Teachers & Admins" from the main menu on the left. 2. Click on the blue "Edit" button to the left of your selected teacher. 3. Select the "Availability" tab. 4. Click the "Add Availability" button. 5. Fill out the applicable fields on the "Teacher 6. Availability" pop-up with the correct information. 7. Click "Save".

Great program!

Pros

This program is so helpful in keeping me organized. I used to lose track of all my invoices and payments and would wind up invoicing people more than once or after they already paid. With this software you can apply a default price for each student as well so you don’t have to manually make the invoices every month, the program does it for you. It was also difficult to keep track of when lessons were...

Cons

I find the expenses and revenue tab a little difficult to navigate but I’m still getting used to it. I have had a little bit of trouble getting used to invoicing as well because I’m used to automatically entering the cost in each invoice, but once you get used to it it’s very easy.

Ours goes to 11!

It has been fabulous! I was working at several different schools and needed a way to see them all on the calendar and they helped me color code the student by school. I feel like they will help the users with any issue as soon as possible. This and the great ease of use is why I will stay with MyMusicStaff.

Pros

The calendar can be personalized & it has simple reports to make my taxes easy. It hooks up to many forms of payment... PayPal and credit cards. I can upload scans of as much music as I want. It truly is magical!

Cons

The “app” is just a link that take you to the website. (Unless it got fixed...it’s been so long since I used it). But, that is me finding an issue. Lol!

Game Changer

My Music Staff has completely changed the way I spend my time organizing lessons for my studio. I started using the program just when I hit full capacity and was having to schedule 40-50 students per week. My Music Staff cut the time I spend on scheduling in half and makes invoicing simple and quicker than I ever thought possible. I can easily announce and organize special events, and keeping track of all my teaching and freelancing financial records can happen in one program. The most impactful part of using this software, however, is that my students and their parents had to take more ownership and responsibility for their lesson schedules. I have seen an incredible positive impact in my studio since signing up for My Music Staff. It is completely worth the money!

Pros

Affordable, easy to use, functional student portal and excellent library/downloads section for students, parent access to scheduling and billing is great.

Cons

The way the program assigns credits/makeups took somebody getting used to, and I wish there were a payment option for parents to pay directly though the site.

Grateful!

Awesome! A software we will use forever! It has made life much easier for me.

Pros

Its funny, what I hate most doing, is what I like best about this software. Administration! It helps me, my clients and my teachers keep track. My clients are much more grateful, especially having many kids, with many different schedules, and extra murals, sending them a reminder, really helps. I like the fact that it's user friendly, and its the only place I can use to manage everything.

Cons

That it does not have an app version. Although its great to login on the net, an App will encourage my clients to use it more often.

I'm not a reviewer normally

First, I have to say I NEVER submit reviews for things. I just feel like I don't have time. And frankly, there are few things that truly WOW me. I am only writing this because My Music Staff has wowed me. I would refer it to any professional in the music world. I have a quickly growing group piano and Kindermusik studio and I have been able to manage all of it with this software. I have my website posted through My Music Staff. I do all of my billing and parent communication with this software. It is one of the BEST purchases I have made for my business.

Pros

I appreciate being able to sign up for something that has a set price no matter how it is used. I like that it is simple and straightforward - with every feature being practical and useful. It's not a bunch of showy fluff. It all works and works well. It is simple to set up and is absolutely packed with useful features!

Cons

This is so minor but I wish I could link audio files or attach video files WITH/INSIDE my notes for students and classes in the Student Portal.

Life with out MMS would B flat

So receptive and constantly adding features. My business wouldn't be the same without it.

Pros

My music staff is a lifesaver! They literally have thought of everything. I just started using it about a year ago and I am constantly discovering new features. From helping organize my taxes, keep schedules in multiple studios, multiple teacher pay rates, I could go on and on. We offer both music and language classes. MMS is as useful to my language staff as it is to music. This could be used for many different types of service businesses.

Cons

Maybe a better tutorial? Honestly not much!

Hey Leigh-Ann! Thanks for your kind words! If you found any of our how-to articles lacking, we want to know about it! You can send an email to support@mymusicstaff.com and our team will do their best to improve it :)

Affordable and easy to use!

I've been a customer for several years. I've worked with at least three other services and this one is by far the easiest to work with and the most affordable. The flat pricing structure makes it easy to manage enrollment shifts throughout the year (I don't have to worry about constantly upgrading or downgrading).

Pros

I appreciate the affordable price point and that it's easy to use.

Cons

I'd really like to be able to attach files (PDF of receipts) to expense records.

Hey Robin! You'll be happy to know that we do offer the option to upload an image or PDF to your expense entries. Visit the "Expenses & Other Revenue" menu. Refer to the 'Attachment" column and click the green "+" button to add an attachment to an entry.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.