All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

My Music Staff

Cloud-based music school management software

My Music Staff Reviews

Best move!

It makes me look organized! It adds professionalism to my business. It saves me countless hours in bookkeeping, redundant parent communication, & record keeping. Customer service is over the top fantastic!

Pros

Cons

There is nothing st all that I dislike. The price is very reasonable. It's easy to use. It adds great value to my business.

Personal secretary

The program sends out monthly invoices for me, advises me of scheduling conflicts, keeps track of make up lessons owed.

Pros

It is very easy to use and provides me with the ability to organize my studio, send out messages to students and parents and keep track of finances and expenses.

Cons

I love everything ! I haven't found any difficulty with using the program or receiving assistance.

Great music studio management!

I can track all my income easily AND at the same time schedule and track students. Best thing of all is having parents cancel and reschedule all their own lessons. Once I got tough and required this it made a HUGE difference in my administrative time.

Pros

Constant updates and improvements; best customer service ever, great value too!

Cons

Some features are not intuitive BUT since customer service is so outstanding that more than makes up for it!

Good for individuals, not built for studios

Pros

I liked that I could keep track of number of lessons, missed lessons, absences, no shows and such. I also liked being able to take notes on the lesson plans.

Cons

Some things are too difficult to navigate, even for someone young like me. I had a hard time navigating easily through the calendar, profile, and a few other obscure features.

Hey Gabrielle! Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback. It really helps us gain valuable insights into how our wonderful members use the service and identify some great opportunities for helping them even more. We took a look at your account and it looks like you were only using the single teacher version of My Music Staff. Our support team would be happy to help guide you through adding additional teachers to your account. This would address all the difficulty you had trying to manage a multi-teacher operation from a single teacher account. The team can be contacted by phone at 1-888-732-6134 or by email at support@mymusicstaff.com. We look forward to chatting with you!

This is software could easily replace your secretary.

I was first unsure of the overall need of such a software, but once I started I never want to go back. It combines all the features you could want to organize, plan and structure your work flow, not just for you but for the students. I don't know anything similar I could recommend.

Pros

The schedules can be easily made and spontaneously changed. You don't loose the track of unmade payments. With the recent Covid-Situations it made some quick adjustments to employ all features needed for a proper quality online schooling.

Cons

I still didn't find a way to integrate and synchronise the calendar with my own day to day calendar. Apart from that I can't think of any feature that i personally am missing, or others could possibly need.

It Changed Our Business

It's really been a game changer for our business. We now have 32 students and can't imagine trying to keep up with everything without my music staff.

Pros

The auto invoice feature has changed our business. Until we started using My Music Staff the money would just trickle in all month. Since we've been using the auto invoice and online payment feature the money is there at the first of the month every month. We also love the website and online registration feature.

Cons

There was a pretty big learning curve for us. It did not seem very user-friendly at first. But great customer support walked us through and help us understand the calendar based program. Since then it's worked pretty flawlessly.

Worth every penny!

Having all my records in one place is so convenient, and I can then access it from anywhere -- including my phone! I have found this company to be very user-centered. They are always open to suggestions from their clients, and have been very quick and friendly with responses. Invoicing is easy, and communication with my families is much improved!

Pros

Ease of use. If I have a question, I can always quickly find the answer in their Help section, or by sending an e-mail.

Cons

I really can't think of anything! Initial data entry is always tedious, but their online forms are clear and concise.

Helped me organise my business

I invoice all my students with the click of a button instead of having to write out all individual ones And I can see clearly who is missing lessons and what my week looks like at the start.

Pros

Saves me time in invoicing and accounting

Cons

Not much, if there was an Australian version that would be nice

Hey Mark! One step ahead of you :P The currency option is actually based on the "Region" you have set in your Studio Settings. You can definitely charge your clients in Australian dollars. As for your membership, that's also charged in Australian dollars ($16.95/mo AUD). Let us know if you need a hand switching the currency.

Wonderful Company & Software

The whole system is wonderful, and I'm impressed by the customer service. It's how companies should offer help to clients.

Pros

It makes everything so easy for me, so that I can focus on teaching.

Cons

I would like a little more flexibility with invoicing. I'd like for families to be able to choose between paying for the whole semester upfront OR paying monthly.

Hey Brian! You can actually invoice your clients for any date range you'd like. Some families can be invoiced monthly while others are invoiced for a custom date range like a semester. If you need a hand, reach out to support@mymusicstaff.com

My Music Staff is Awesome!

Pros

Mymusicstaff maintains several key features that makes running my studio extreamy efficient. Automated email reminders help my students parents stay organized and informed! Invoicing is a breeze! The entire program saves me 8-12 hours a week.

Cons

Nothing! Mymusicstaff co to use to refine its software streamlining its interface and functionality.

My Time Saver

I run a studio of 40 plus students and at the end of the teaching day I appreciate doing my quick updates with MMS

Pros

I am impressed with My Music Staff as for me it is a big time saver. I admit I do not use all of the functions it offers but the accounting program is amazing.

Cons

Can't think of anything at the moment, but I do need to take the time to switch in my website.

MMS ROCKS!!

Pros

I love that it is user friendly. And achieves all I need from an admin perspective running my business - right from one program. I also have been super pleased with the customer support - they are always cheerful when I call and very quick to problem solve! I love MMS!

Cons

That I can't create a custom attendance list for group classes.

Life Saver!

As most business owners know, it is really hard to stay on top of everything. I have an extremely large vocal studio. Many times people want to talk to see availability etc. Because of my hours I do not have the time to give to every single person. My students love that they can schedule and reschedule lessons, the parents love that there are reminder texts, and I love everything!

Pros

This software allows me to schedule with ease. It gives my students the flexibility to cancel and reschedule lessons. And it helps to create invoices to make paying much easier. Before the software, I did everything by hand. It was time consuming and frustrating.

Cons

I honestly haven't found anything I don't like yet. It is all very easy to use.

Love MMS

I used to use another software for my studio and MMS is WAY better - and I like that the cost doesn't go up every time the number of my students increases. I find it very easy to use and I love that they're always adding new features.

Pros

I love it for the ease of scheduling students and having it sync to my phone/ipad calendars.

Cons

Hard to say. I don't think there's anything I don't like.

A Godsend!

This software has allowed me to streamline my piano studio business. I can do all my accounting and scheduling in one place and my studio has easy access to their own information. Love it!

Pros

It is so hard to pick! Definitely the invoicing software has been most helpful for me.

Cons

I haven't had any issues that weren't cleared up immediately by a chat with the super helpful staff.

Scheduling, and billing were my worst nightmares before MusicStaff. Now, easy peasy.

Pros

MusicStaff has made the scheduling, billing and just general management of my studio so easy. It's the executive secretary I always wanted.

Cons

There are still some features I'd like to see added, but the MusicStaff team is constantly updating and improving the software.

Everything I Need!

I have been happy with the transition although I'm still getting used to it and tweaking it to my preferences.

Pros

My Music Staff has functions I needed but were difficult to do in my previous software, such as tracking sales taxes and counting the number of hours I work each week, month, or year. I like that students can book or cancel lessons on their own using my complete schedule as a reference. The screens refresh very quickly for me. The monthly cost is negligible for what it enables me to do. Online help is good.

Cons

I wish that when students view my schedule, the other student names could be kept private. There was a bit of a learning curve at the beginning. Some features have been hard to find. Invoices are hard to customize format.

Hi Sean! Nice to hear that My Music Staff is more feature rich than your previous solution and has allowed you to automate your rescheduling. You can actually hide the attendee list in the Student Portal. The option can be found in your Studio Settings. If you need a hand with this feature, you can reach out to support@mymusicstaff.com

Best thing to happen to my teaching studio

After 30 years of teaching my accounting has never been so easy!

Pros

I love that I can schedule my lessons, set up invoicing & not give it another thought. Every month in the first week of teaching the money rolls in from my customers, with NO MATH on my end! Calculating bills was always my least favourite thing about teaching. Thanks to MMS I no longer need to.

Cons

That my teaching space has poor wifi & I often can’t access my records in the studio....totally not the fault of MMS though.

Changed my life...

MyMusicStaff.com has changed my life. Trying to manage my schedule and payments before was impossible...and it honesty kept me up at night. Since switching to My Music Staff...I sleep easy. Thanks!

Pros

It is so easy to use, both for me and my clients. It takes the pressure off the teacher to manage the schedule and finances. With a personal studio of 50, it would be a nightmare to try and do this any other way.

Cons

Website customization. With only a few options, it is tough to make the website look as professional as I'd like.

The best decision I made

This was my best decision yet with my studio. Being able to keep track of everything from my schedule to expenses is fantastic. I have been using the program for 2 years now and still find features that I didn’t know about.

Pros

Very user friendly and super easy to use.

Cons

There are a few features not yet available, but they keep working on upgrades so I believe it gets better each year.

Perfect for me - I hate Admin.

I tested a few other alternatives and they don't work. I really don't have to worry about admin anymore. I spend 10 minutes a day tops on it. I love it.

Pros

User friendly All features are useful Very reasonably priced

Cons

I wish you could write invoices on a free field format so I would not have to add a new student (client) for one off invoices. In my case, consulting, live performances, music production. They are all one off jobs for non recurring clients and having to create a profile just for a single invoice is painful.

Does ALMOST everything I need

Pros

The customer service has been helpful. I've been able to keep all lessons in one place and do auto-invoicing

Cons

Can't require auto-pay easily. Can't sort students geographically or show on a map.

Hi Joe, It's been a pleasure helping you get your business up and running with My Music Staff to automate and streamline costly admin work. Did you know you can require auto-pay for all newly added credit cards? You can also make sure that a family always has one verified payment source on file. Here's what you'll need to do to enable these features: 1. Click "Settings" in the top right-hand corer and select "Studio Settings". 2. Select the "Online Payments" tab. 3. Under the "Require" section, enable the features you wish to use. 4. Click "Save".

Has really helped organize my business

I’m spending less time organizing my business with Mymusicstaff than I did before. It has been very good.

Pros

The payment tracker and scheduling functions really simplify my bookkeeping and resulted in fewer scheduling problems. Parents can just check the site for payments and the auto invoice ensures that I get paid in a timely manner without awkward phone calls.

Cons

Occasional glitches and some difficulty in downloading sheet music. The noreply email address as the default for studio emails.

A Music Teachers Best Friend!

This software has saved me so much time. It takes care of everything. With over 70 students a week it can be hard to organize everything, such as lesson times, payments etc, but mymusicstaff takes care of it all for me so that I can focus on giving the best music lessons possible to my students!

Pros

I love how easy it is to organize students, lesson times, make up lessons, invoicing etc etc. This software handles every aspect of your business!

Cons

I can’t think of anything that I dislike about this software. It meets all me needs and more.

My Music Staff Review

Pros

This software is very easy to learn and to get around in. My past experience learning public school and financial software had me on pins and needles, but the process was smooth.

Cons

I somehow intermixed two families and cannot figure out how to correct it.

Hey Ann! If you accidentally added a student to the wrong family, you can change this in their Student Details. Reach out to support@mymusicstaff.com for help or click "Help" in the top right-hand corner a do a quick search for "wrong family" to find step-by-step instructions.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.