Nearpod

Student engagement platform for the education sector

Nearpod Reviews - Page 3

Teaching hand in hand with technology

Very good with the classes and live webinars.

Pros

I like the methodology used as teaching in the hand of technology, its audio and video tools, the facility to create interactive virtual classes with interaction of the student population adjusted to the programmatic content, the evaluation of the contents in optimal time, as well as the follow-up of the students.

Cons

The only limitation I see is the connection to the Internet, because the higher the level of technology, the greater the dependence on an optimal connection to the Internet. The rest are the benefits that I can comment on.

Nearpod is great!

Nearpod is engaging and useful in the classroom during lessons or can be assigned easily as homework. It links to many different learning platforms and is easy to navigate.

Pros

Nearpod helps teachers easily use the 'flipped classroom' model of teaching in an engaging way. I love how students can pace themselves through a lesson and I love all the lessons available on the site. Some are made by Nearpod and some are shared by other teachers. It is easy to upload an existing presentation or to create your own in the platform. I also like that students don't need a sign in to participate in this site. They have so many logins for different things already.

Cons

Sometimes the software can freeze and then students must start the activity over. It would be great if there was a save option.

Best software to enhance student engagement

It helped us to improve student engagement in a flipped classroom teaching strategy. Please buy the license and start using it. You will not regret it.

Pros

Easy to use. Student paced mode enables you to make your presentation, a homework assignment with questions. Great for Formative assessment. VR and 3D images Very good analytical data of every session

Cons

Nothing. It's really amazing. A bit pricey, but worth every cent.

Best Virtual Teaching Tool

Nearpod is a crucial app in our online teaching platform. We are able to virtually teach students from their homes. Nearpod provides visuals and interactive options to engage student learning.

Pros

The open ended questions engage students in virtual learning. This helps teachers check for understanding in a scholars work. This also allows teachers to look for any misconceptions scholars may have. Another feature I like is the collaboration and virtual field trips. The collaboration option lets students post their thoughts on a specific topic. This shows scholars thoughts, ideas, predications, etc.

Cons

You need to take time to learn this app. There are many useful features; but you need to set aside time to learn it.

Game Changer

Overall, using Nearpod changed everything about online learning for the BETTER.

Pros

There are so many features I love about Nearpod: 1. It’s easy for students to access and use, 2. I can create in Nearpod or import from google drive, my computer, etc... 3. I can add audio recordings on the slides, and my OVERALL favorite is 4. IT HAS ITS IWN INTERACTIVE FEATURES FOR STUDENT ENGAGEMENT. You can easily create games, collaborative boards, quizzes, etc...

Cons

What I like least about Nearpod includes: 1. I cannot change the font style, 2. The file upload size is a bit small, 3. I would like to be able to save a game to put in multiple presentations without recreating them each time.

Nearpod Revioew

Overall I would recommend Nearpod to people who do not want to have to reinvent the wheel when looking for ways to present new information to a class. Great in a 1 to 1 or lecture style classroom.

Pros

- They have a pretty extensive library of preexisting activities featuring a variety of topics. - Compatible with 1 to 1 classrooms through a variety of classroom programs (google classroom, canvas, etc.) - Great for introducing new topics in the classroom - Great for whole class instruction

Cons

- I wish it had a way of compiling student results for each question - Not all information in the presentations is relevant to what the students may need to know. You can edit the activity though to fit your needs. - Have not found it to be useful for individual student activities

Excellent for Hybrid or Digital Learning

Nearpod has allowed me to connect with students in the classroom and at home simultaneously

Pros

What I like most about Nearpod is it allows me to control the pace of the lesson, whether the students are physically in front of me, or they are at home

Cons

The only thing I did not like about Nearpod is that it is somewhat tedious to add in all of the activities and added features

Get Closer to Success with Nearpod

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that it includes a variety of interactive features that include built-in assessments. It's beneficial for elementary school educators like me who desire to enhance their teaching and students' learning.

Cons

What I liked least about this software is that it loads slowly if there are many users viewing your lesson. Nearpod is also not available to access offline.

A More Engaging Presentation

I love this program. We are lucky to have a free premium account bought by the state of Utah. This is a very easy to use product for teachers, and one that students love!

Pros

Nearpod is basically google slides or powerpoint, except the main focus is getting the students engaged in the lesson. Through "Activities" students use their own laptops to responds to questions. They are also constantly updating! You can also take all the google slides that you have made, and add Nearpod activities into it.

Cons

There are a few things that are just frustrating. For example, if I drag and drop an image, I may be told "This image is too big". It is 2020, can this not be auto sized?

Nearpod makes virtual learning fun

The best part about using nearpod is that there are two options: live participation and student paced. While I teach we use live participation so I advance the slides and we’re all together even though they’re on their own devices. I use student paced for scholars who didn’t make it to class and need to study the material asynchronously.

Pros

This add-on to google slides is perfect. Scholars can interact with the lessons, watch videos, do virtual labs, draw, you name it! It’s the perfect way to bring what was happening in the classroom into the virtual space.

Cons

I wish you could copy the slides when you make them in google slides. Nearpod slides can’t be copied and pasted the way traditional slides can.

Interactive Presentations

Nearpod opened up the door to a style of presentation I had not thought of and will help enhance your information whether in education or the workplace.

Pros

Nearpod improves on presentations by allowing you to integrate question types and project to the other users screens.

Cons

Nearpod could use some upgrades with their annotation tools in real time to allow a more effective live teaching tool.

Great Resource to Supplement Curriculum

Overall, the lessons were engaging and well made! This was a great resource to have and use to supplement, introduce, or review specific topics.

Pros

I love how many different lessons are available for all grade levels and all topics. It allowed me to find specific resources that meet the various needs of the students in my classroom. I love the ease of assigning these lessons OR using them to guide my teaching. The live version to use allows you to be in control of each slide and when it moves from one to the other, I love this function because it keeps my students on track and focused while allowing me to manage their engagement and use.

Cons

One thing I did not specifically like is that some of the lessons really should only be done as a live version but they still had the option to have the students complete it on their own. This caused confusion with specific sections that needed to be discussed aloud or done together. I think it would have been helpful if there was a way of knowing this beforehand.

Nearpod

They do a good job trying to be responsive to the needs of educators, and I appreciate these efforts by the company.

Pros

This platform is a great option for delivering presentations to students and engaging them at high levels. One of the key things we must do as educators is take data to determine if students are learning what we need them to during a given lesson. This platform lets you embed these opportunities, providing the teacher immediate data and feedback from all students in a digital format.

Cons

This lends itself best to an iPad environment in my opinion. Our switch to Chromebooks has made this less of the ideal situation for our students and staff.

One of the Best EDTECH Apps Around- If you have fund for one app, pick this one!

Pros

Nearpod has improved SO much over the past five years and really takes the feedback from teachers to heart. In large classrooms, it can sometimes be hard to hear from all students and Nearpod truly gives every one a voice! From polls to controlling the pace of the presentation, to quizzes and drawing, there are some many features to help bring content to life, while checking for understanding along the way.

Cons

Sometimes it is not clear what features are included with a premium subscription and what are not. Users are given a free trial when creating their account, and I think this can be misleading as users may then believe these features are also included.

Nearpod for the Win!

Overall, Nearpod has changed the way I teach. It has made me switch from PowerPoint because of the interactive slides. My class goes crazy for Nearpod and count down the days until our Friday Nearpod lessons. I love that I am able to share lessons I create with my coworkers and find lessons in the free library.

Pros

Nearpod helps make boring lessons interactive for students of all ages. It is easy to use for both the teacher and students.

Cons

I wish there were more free features you could use when you are still in the trial version of this program.

Nearpod is Essential

Pros

Nearpod has so many features to engage students. Time to Climb, Virtual Field Trips, 3D Stimulation, Fill in the Blank are just a few of the wonderful content Nearpod has to offer. This is a must for teachers!

Cons

If you are a Silver user, you have only have 100 MB of storage.

Nearpod Review

The teachers at my school love using Nearpod. We have some new teachers that are anxious to get on board as well. It's a great way to keep the students engaged, and take virtual field trips without even leaving the classroom.

Pros

There are a ton of published Nearpod lessons waiting for you to use, edit, and share. It's fairly easy to use when you're ready to create your own too!

Cons

Engaging and Scaffolding curriculum!

Pros

Let me start by saying I am such an advocate for Nearpod! Want a student centered lesson? Nearpod! Want room for collaboration and student involvement? Nearpod! Want student paced lessons and immediate scores on quizzes? Nearpod! I also love that there are lessons already made you can buy if you're feeling lazy or don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Cons

What I don't like about this is the price - with the free version you only are able to save a few lessons, and don't have access to most of the interactive aspects. When I had a school account, it was amazing! But unfortunately, I don't think it is worth the high price. The free version is great!

Nearpod in elementary school

In our building, all grade level teachers have access and currently use the free lessons. We enjoy those so much we are currently exploring a paid subscription.

Pros

The interactive lessons are very engaging for students, and the varying paces allow the teacher to lead, or students to work at their individual paces.

Cons

Many of what used to be free lessons now cost to use.

Lessons Galore!

Nearpod was great during the pandemic. It was easy fo our teachers to search for lessons that were applicable to their classes.

Pros

Nearpod is an amazing repository of lessons for all grades. it includes a great digital citizenship module as well. It is very easy to use and integrates with many LMS'.

Cons

Nearpod is expensive. We did have one bad experience with a presenter, however, our sales rep worked diligently to make it right.

Comprehensive Lessons

I used this a technology center in the classroom for my 2nd and 3rd graders. This year I used it as math intervention tool. It was great to use the lessons for isolated math concepts.

Pros

I like the ease of using Near Pod in the classroom and in virtual setting. It is engaging and comprehensive!

Cons

I think it would be more impactful for regular use if the lessons were designed as sequential units, instead of individual lessons.

Nearpod Saves the Curriculum!

Instead of substituting a Standards-aligned curriculum, I am able to digitalize from my repertoire of teaching tools and ensure that students are engaged and learning in a virtual environment.

Pros

I am able to take content in my area and share it with students digitally, and use it as an "Electronic Worksheet". I can share it, use it as a digital tool for clarification, grade it and return it to the students.

Cons

At first, it was hard to find where the saved documents were located. I asked for some help, created my teacher account, and that made it much easier.

Nearpod for Teaching

FUN!

Pros

This program is great for keeping all students engaged in learning. Active participation is easily obtained because the students are having FUN!

Cons

I wish there was a tutorial on the website

Great platform, highly expensive

Great service and great platform, horrible pricing, and lack of plans for unique educational needs.

Pros

Everything about Nearpod's design, execution, and ease of use was great. It is easy to create a lesson and our students love them. Interactive games during school hours, who wouldn't?

Cons

Pricing is horrendous. Almost $3,000-$5,000 simply for one school! For a nonprofit private startup academy for that matter. No homeschool plans, no nonprofit educational plans, just school plans. They are missing a whole other market! What homeschool family would pay 3,000 for this platform when they've got books and materials to worry about? Same with a nonprofit, we've got families to be concerned about helping.

So Many Activities

Pros

With Nearpod, you can create a series of slides with so many engaging activities. For example, I created one with a video, the next slide was a fill in the blank notes page, the next slide was a matching activity, and the last slide was a short quiz. This is perfect for my remote students. Everything is in one spot. My favorite feature is The program grades the quiz for you. All you have to do is pull up the report.

Cons

It’s a little time consuming to create.