Nearpod

Student engagement platform for the education sector

Nearpod Reviews - Page 4

Used Nearpod to deliver Lessons in a Virtual Classroom

I loved using this for my students because of how engage my students were. I had students who literally came alive, so to speak, during class.

Pros

There were prepared lessons that fit my curriculum My students (early childhood) LOVED the engagement of the lessons, especially the quizzes, and drawing elements.

Cons

To create lessons, it took took too much time. It wasn't easy to copy and paste from my personal or internet files. There were too many switches to get to the right object to insert into my lessons.

Engaged students

This is the second year that our district buys licences for our teachers and we are pleased.

Pros

I like that I can hold ALL my students accountable for participating in my lessons. Often, when teachers ask questions in class, a few hands raise or the teacher calls on a particular student, but not all students are heard. Nearpod gives all students a voice.

Cons

I import Google Slides into Nearpod and I dislike having to redo the process when I want to change something on a slide. There is no editing access to the slides once it is imported into Nearpod.

Awesome!

Nearpod is assisting school districts in the virtual school environment. The software helps bridge the gap between virtual and in classroom. It is excellent software designed by educators for educators.

Pros

Nearpod is a comprehensive and easy to use software. In the current educational setting it opens the opportunity to bring the virtual classroom to life with virtual field trips, individual quiz games, and it adapts well to all age groups. It gives the educator control that is a normal part of the classroom by allowing the instructor/teacher to view and control comments and posts before the other students see.

Cons

You do not need to be extremely tech savvy to use this software. The most significant challenge is the fact parents and students did not have adequate time to train and use the software before classes went live.

Excellent Resource for teachers

It is a perfect time management tool. If it is being used for assessments, it automatically grades the assessments and you can download the grade reports.

Pros

This software provides an alternate method for a lesson. It is extremely easy to work with. I love that you don't have to start a presentation from scratch if you already have a powerpoint presentation. All you have to do is upload it. I also love that you are able to use it for an assessment.

Cons

The only con I could say is that once a powerpoint is uploaded onto Nearpod, you are not be able to make changes to a page. You have to make the changes to the actual powerpoint presentation and then reload it onto Nearpod.

Smart product for personalizing learning

It's been a helpful tool to help teachers meet the needs of all students.

Pros

It allows teachers to build experiences, such as a personalized lesson on a standard, that provide students with choice and voice. For instance, students can go through a lesson at their own pace, choose a lesson that's a good fit for them, and/or choose the type of work they complete to demonstrate proficiency via Nearpod lessons!

Cons

I wish there was more robust SIS integration.

A Great Tool for Your Teacher Toolbox

I just used Nearpod today. My students were still struggling with long division, and I just needed another way for them to visualize the process. Nearpod lessons show visuals and then stop and ask the students questions. I have even used it for a college course and we collaborated as a group remotely to give a group presentation.

Pros

I like how there are so many ways to use Nearpod. You can make your own lessons, or use premade lessons. There are many different types of lessons as well, with different modes of learning.

Cons

It takes some tinkering to get used to, and some of the already-created content is not always what I'm looking for (sometimes it's too advanced). However, this is a personal preference.

The idea behind it is great

Our Digital Citizenship lessons were pushed out to us via Nearpod

Pros

I love the concept of being able to control their screens; however, they know ways around it

Cons

My students do not enjoy Nearpod lessons

Great interactive resource to keep students engaged digitially

I work with students who are in a program because they have not been successful in the regular classroom. Nearpod is a tool that I have used successfully to keep them engaged. I like the several options for interactive activities.

Pros

I like that students are engaged in the lesson by using a iPad which is a preferred medium for them. I like that I can see student responses immediately for ongoing formative assessment. I like that there are free lessons to choose from and that they are customizable. I like the virtual field trip option.

Cons

There are many cool functions that are not available on the free account. Sometimes editing can feel "klunky" and takes a while. It could be more user friendly.

Using Nearpod for presenting content

Pros

I have used Nearpod presentations that were shared with me. My students are using Chrome devices with pens so this worked well with them taking notes and participating in formative assessments.

Cons

Did not work well with students that did not have writing capability.

Engaging lessons kids love

Pros

Cool functions allow for engaging lessons, keeps kids motivated and interested, gives great instant feedback and assessment to teachers.

Cons

Wish there were more lessons available to use, especially ones with a Canadian curriculum link.

Your education plattaform alternaltive

We are developing a similar concept of learing clasees like nearpod so before start programming we did a research about it and we found nearpod. It does everthing it sayd allow to create clasees, sell lessons , create programs and share with students on interactive lessons for profesors and students. The sad part is when we tried to add one of the games we develop(yes we are an educational games company) we were unable.

Pros

Easy to setup a class Code for sharing room Several tools for create a class Some free clases examples Nice visuals. Compatibility with You tube Compatibility with 3d models Compatibility with microsoft edit tools

Cons

No capability to integrate pages made by you with out going out of the plattaform(need webhooks) Some tools are too simple (put a 3d model but cant add descriptiosn or texts) All the visuals depend of you so in order to be amazing you need a nice Ilustrator.

Nearpod Review

Pros

I love this educational tool. I teach a course about college and career readiness. This allows my students to go on virtual field trips to see a variety of colleges! Since we do not have the capability to physically complete all of these field trips, the virtual experience opens up my students eyes to the world around them.

Cons

It does take some teaching. Students may not be able to just jump right in and figure it out.

Professional Nearpod

Pros

I love that I can convert my lessons as a teacher! I had so many lesson plans in a google slide form I was able to input into nearpod and make much more interactive for learning and growth.

Cons

I would the the software to have fillable charts that can be inputted and more generic math features to help with lessons (fillable charts, equations, algebra, geometry)

Nearpod

I think it is great.

Pros

Last year I got certified in using Nearpod, and it was a lot of fun learning about this program. It is very entertaining for students. They like it a lot.

Cons

It takes time to prepare lessons in Nearpod, because they are entertaining. It is worth it though.

Great presentation

Pros

Simply way to do a presentation. Use with a group. Create customized quizzes Automatically creates reports Open ended tasks Has a draw feature Free account Easy to import pictures Allows students to take ownership of their learning Teacher controls slides Powerpoints can be converted

Cons

With student-paced lessons, students might not read all the information provided in order to hurry through the lessons.

excellent lessons

I am very impressed with the ease of use and it's capacity as a formative assessment tool.

Pros

I love that I can search for lessons connected o the units we are studying in class. The lessons are fun and engaging for my 4th grade students. We recently used a live lesson about Thanksgiving which included videos and activities. My students can easily join the lesson using the code. It is a quick and easy way to formative assess.

Cons

The free version is a bit limited. Some features are paid only, which is frustrating. I cannot afford to pay for this.

Great App for Interactive Learning

I enjoyed using Nearpod and think it's a great product. It didn't end up being a great match with my teaching style, so I've not used it much since initially trying it out. But I think if I taught in another content area, I would use it often and regularly.

Pros

I love how interactive and versatile Nearpod is. It allows teachers to interact with students in real-time, even when teaching remotely. With some creativity, teachers can find a way to present most anything through Nearpod. I also like that other sites can be embedded easily within the Nearpod slides.

Cons

I liked the free library of ready to use Nearpods. But I would have liked more content for math that provided direct instruction in the slides, instead of just practice and review.

Great for Digital Learning

I like this product and am currently trying to find different ways to use it more frequently in class.

Pros

I love this program for both in-person and distance learning. It gives students the ability to follow along and interact with each other.

Cons

While it is user friendly, I find myself unable to think of other ways to use it in class. I wish there were some templates or suggestions for different uses.

EASY as PIE

Pros

I love the ease of use. I can easily put my presentation in Nearpod and my students have access.

Cons

I wish the software would cost less per user or allow the free account to be more useful to us poor teachers.

Nearpod Review

It helps me make my lessons more fun and engaging. I can make it a center with directions and not worry about the students not understanding. It makes all presentations more interactive and creative.

Pros

I love that this in an interactive software. I love that I can put my slides from a powerpoint on it and make them extraordinary. I love that each kid can work on the slides at their own place and move the things on the slides around. I love how hands on it is and how it can also be used as a self sufficient learning station.

Cons

I do not really have any complaints about this software. It has honestly made my life easier and my lessons more fun. I enjoy this software and am so glad it is out there for us to use.

Nearpod Brings Learning to the Students

Pros

-Presentations can be imported from Google slides or Powerpoint - Any presentation can be modified with a number of engaging activities -Student work can be shared anonymously

Cons

-Free plan does not give enough features for a public school classroom -Paid lessons designed by companies are not worth the price -Virtual Field trips seems cooler than they are

Great to get students working together

Overall, it's solving a lot of problems for us. It's given me another way to engage students that I didn't have before!

Pros

I love that it's like google slides, in that I can present easily and quickly. But it's got a lot of great features like quizzes, and fun activities that I can have my students participate in. Easy for them to log in wherever, whenever!

Cons

It is sometimes hard to find the items I need. And sometimes parts of it, like race to the top, don't work on our network. Which is sad!

Engage Students in Class Lecture

Pros

Nearpod forces students to participate in notes/lecture. Students respond to prompts/activities as the teacher goes through the slides.

Cons

Regular Power Point slides don't just convert to Nearpod. Teachers need to save Power Points as images and then put them in the Nearpod presentation. This isn't particularly difficult, though.

Nearpod works well in allowing teachers to quickly "pod" their existing lessons, and activities.

Additional, creative way to engage students using their own device.

Pros

I can quickly take lesson plans from Word, Powerpoint, etc and incorporte them into a nearpod lesson session. Students access and following along with BYOD or school provided technology etc (Chromebooks). Pod sessions can be modified on the fly to incorporate web resources such as webpages,. videos, etc. Pricing allows for teachers to try out using the software, which works well for teachers of small classroom settings and limited budget. For larger classroom settings or whole grade/school wide lessons, teachers can upgrade NearPod to accommodate larger demands.

A GREAT Teaching Tool

Overall, my experience has been very positive. This software has been a great addition to my classroom routine.

Pros

I have loved using Nearpod in my classroom. My students respond well to it. I really love the ability to allow my students to work on their own at their own pace but I also have the ability to do a "Live Lesson" and I control what slide they are on.

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about Nearpod. I have had an overwhelmingly positive experience so far.