Nearpod

Student engagement platform for the education sector

Nearpod Reviews - Page 5

Revolutionary Student Engagement

Pros

- students can follow and participate on their phones - allows teachers to review student responses and generate reports to monitor student progress

Cons

- more functionalities behind pay wall - sometimes slow and laggy - student attention indicator not accurate

Initial Opinion

It's a neat option for delivering engaging content to students.

Pros

Has a lot of features to make learning engaging in various formats (in person, individual, remote) and a free account is available for teachers.

Cons

The free account is quite limited in functionality and features for frequent use or use with larger groups of students (like within a middle or high school).

Nearpod

I used this product because my school site bought us a license. I had used Pear Deck previously which is a similar software. In my opinion Pear deck is much easier to use and the students enjoy using it more as well.

Pros

It makes boring powerpoints more interactive. You can engage students by asking questions throughout the lesson and see their responses on your screen. There is also a library of pre-existing lessons ready to use.

Cons

The pre-made lessons didn't really fit my needs and creating your own Nearpod presentation from scratch is extremely time consuming. During the lesson it is difficult to go back and forth between the presentation and checking student responses.

Nearpod

In my experience, I would recommend Nearpod to teachers. Some have found it life changing and others may use Nearpod as a lesson and assessment resource.

Pros

Nearpod Lesson Library is my favorite feature. The lessons contain quality slides and videos that interest my students.

Cons

Nearpod can take some time to learn how to navigate. I also wish they would update their layout and fonts.

Great tool for engaging your students

great tool for every teacher. You can use your old PowerPoint presentations and add them some pepper.

Pros

It's easy to use and has many options to make your presentation more engaging.

Cons

the free versions lacks many important features like pdf viewer

Nearpod

Overall Nearpod is a useful iPad app to use in my classroom to keep my class engaged in their learning.

Pros

Nearpod is a great iPad app to use for communicating with my students. I am able to create quizzes, share videos, and check for student understanding. Nearpod provides active learning and engagement for all my students in the classroom.

Cons

One con I have with Nearpod is that it can get quite time consuming creating presentations. It would also be nice if there were more free pre-made activities.

Extra Resources for Classroom Assignments

I really love using Nearpod and want to implement it more in my classroom. Great resource!

Pros

I love the various subjects and various grade levels to choose from. I'm able to add on to the standard curriculum assignments. This allows for students to have another source for understanding. I like that you can edit the assignments ts to fit the individual needs of your classroom.

Cons

It could be a little more user friendly. I catch myself having to research before I can move on to the next step.

Nearpod

I will continue to use Nearpod for students in the classroom.

Pros

In a classroom Nearpod helps with seminars for student engagement.

Cons

Nearpod can be buggy at times with connections.

Good Interactive Presentation Tool

Pros

This is an engaging, interactive way to preset information to students. Much better then just using slides. It is easy to search and find content for teachers. Students can actively participate with the media. I like that this can be used for enrichment in a blended learning environment.

Cons

It does take time to make the presentations. It is also expensive if you are teaching multiple grade levels or subjects. As a teacher funds are limited for me. There is not a lot of STEM material currently.

Great for Engagement

I prefer PearDeck to Nearpod.

Pros

Nearpod is a great way to make things interactive and really enhance student engagement. I love that students can use it with me leading it or self-paced. I love being able to see how students are doing and answering questions in the moment on lessons and all in the same place.

Cons

When making Nearpod activities and assignments it can be time-consuming but not any different than other similar products. I also find the free version very limiting which can be challenging.

Great for Younger Grades

I found that it was nice to use for playing a game with older students.

Pros

Nearpod has some interesting features. The best I would compare it to, is like powerpoint and quizlet had a child. Both are okay separately. Nearpod takes from both and improves the overall quality. From the features, I would say it's best geared toward elementary level learning.

Cons

Although, one could essentially use it for all grade levels.IT seems like the layout and learning options are more for a younger audience.

Great Software for Student Feedback

Pros

Nearpod has a lot of pre made resources that can edited very easily.

Cons

The pricing of the tools is hard for one teacher to purchase if there is no district license.

Nearpod works

It has been good do use during Covid closures and for virtual learners. Because it is student paced, students have been able to navigate it easily without additional instruction. It also integrates well as Google classroom. Easy for all to use.

Pros

This is great for instructional design as well as assessment and handling classroom management issues on a daily basis.

Cons

The free version has very limited space. We had to purchase the gold version to be able to utilize its full potential.

Great product, but room for improvement

Great for revising boring Powerpoints easily into areas for more interactivity. Also good for giving students quick review resources before a summative assessment. I wish the flashcard portion allowed for matching a word to a definition or a picture to an explanation. Right now, the images need to be identical, which is lame (or I'm just doing it wrong).

Cons

Interactive, great for fast finishers!

This was a great tool, particularly for students who finished their work early. I would have a nearpod as a fast finisher activity. Students could work through it at their own pace, and reinforce the things they were learning in my lessons. Easy to use for me and my students.

Pros

Nearpod goes far beyond just a slideshow software. I love the different functionalities such as drawings, quizzes, videos, etc. It's easy to create, easy to search for existing nearpods, and easy for the kids to use. I was able to use this with my students to engage them and see their responses.

Cons

I wish there were even more options for the functionalities/slides you can add. I'd love to see things like educational games you can add, or other creative, interactive elements. Other than that, it really served its purpose for me.

great addition

Overall this has been a great addition to your online learning or to jazz up a class lesson to make it more interactive.

Pros

I like that you can use many different lessons provided, edit to your needs, and individualize instruction too.

Cons

One downfall is not all slides are editable, due to copyright. It also takes little time to learn how to edit and save correctly, but once you learn it is easy.

NearPod Interactive learning

I love Nearpod. It’s a great tool to enhance instruction.

Pros

I love that I can put the same information in front of all my students and see how they interact with it. I love using this on occasion for independent projects and extensions for my high ability learners.

Cons

Sometimes, just like anything else, if it is over used, students don’t engage as well and just click.

Excellent presentation format

Pros

As a teacher I love the engagement factor associated with this software. Students are engaged, on topic, and interested in learning. I love that I can embed multimedia and live interactive class features to gage and assist students in learning.

Cons

The cost involved for teachers. Honestly I can’t afford this and there are other products that are similar for free or with a reduced cost.

Get Universal Engagement With Nearpod

I just started using Nearpod and was thrilled at how easy it was for me to engage all participants in the activity and be aware of those who were not involved in the tasks presented.

Pros

Nearpod is an easy to use platform that promotes participants in a group to be actively engaged in the activity.

Cons

I did not realize that users could hear my video play when I assigned it to each individual.

Nearpod

Nearpod allows you to turn material into engaging lessons.

Pros

Nearpod allows you to create fun and engaging lessons.

Cons

I have not found any cons while using Nearpod.

Great application for engaging students

It has helped me to be more engaged with instructions and it allows me to review students progress.

Pros

Nearpod is easy to use, I love to view the various pre-designed lesson that are included. I also enjoy adding quiz and matching activities in my lessons

Cons

I could not include gif images when designing lessons

It's changed my classroom!

Pros

So many useful lesson tweaks have been a result of bringing nearpod to my students. With all of the web 2.0 tools out there, it's sometimes hard to not get overwhelmed. This one is a keeper.

Cons

I'm still figuring out how and when to best implement nearpod into all of my lessons. I want to be careful not to overdo it.

Nearpod as a learning tool

Nearpod has enhanced my teaching learning sessions. The students enjoy the virtual field trips, the interactions and the ability to use the software at their own pace.

Pros

The software is very interactive, it also facilitates collaboration.

Cons

Limited amount of information that can be posted to a slide

Nearpod keeps my students engaged

Nearpod is a much more effective method teaching my students new lessons and reviewing material than lecturing. The difference is incredible.

Pros

I love that Nearpod is interactive. My students really focus--all of them!

Cons

There are limited formats for the slides. I wish there were more ways to customize them.

Lessons into Games!

Fantastic learning tool that allows premade lesson plans to be remastered into interactive fun learning.

Pros

They're always evolving and trying to make the software better.

Cons

I wish there was a free version that allowed pdf access and a way to remote view a child without their knowledge.