infosnap

Web-based school admission & registration management tool

infosnap Reviews

Pros

I love the idea of parents being able to update their registration or enroll student in school online. They can even upload any paperwork that is needed from the comfort of their own home.

It has been better than nothing, and the integration with PowerSchool's SIS is useful.

The product is great, customer service is an area of improvement.

Bryan B.

Donna N.

I had some trouble in the past with getting documents to upload to the system. I ended up needing to take everything directly to the school.

Stephanie A.

Customer service is severely lacking, taking weeks to months for a reply.

Brett H.

3.9

I was the leader for support of this product. I did most of the setup work.

Registrations are done by the parents so there is not having to decipher penmanship. As long as Parents can type their students name correctly, all is well.

Pros

It gives parents a way to enroll their students online. So there is very little paper used in the registration process.

Cons

I can't change any forms on my own. I have to go onto the admin web page and ask them to make a change.

School counselor

I highly recommend power school for any school trying to find a software package that will allow them to manage student registration and scheduling!

Pros

I used to be a school counselor, and we used PowerSchool for all of our scheduling and registration needs. It is a great software with everything in it you need to maintain a high school master schedule!

Cons

Power school definitely requires training in order to us and it can be tedious at times when running reports or making changes when you are in a rush.

Terrible Customer Service and Does not Deliver on Functionality

Very poor. They were months delayed on implementation, response is non-existent from sales/management team, and the user experience/customer support is nowhere near meeting the value of what you pay for the platform.

Pros

Cons

The support team seems to know nothing about their own product--they seem to move you to one person who knows what they are doing if you complain enough, which is exhausting. Then, they move you back to a low quality team. We have changed "support teams" multiple times over just one year. There is very little consistency or professional follow-through. There is almost nothing in regards to instructions or manuals that can help guide you to troubleshoot your own tasks--you have to rely on a support team from India that also doesn't know what to do. The features of the platform itself are clunky and not intuitive. The user experience is marginal at best for organizing and managing applications.

Good admissions softward

Pros

PowerSchool Registration collects all the data we need, from initial application to recurring profile updates.

Cons

Formerly called Infosnap, this software integrates with PowerSchool, which we use as our SIS. As such, the integration was what could be expected Now that PowerSchool has acquired it, we are hoping for a much more seamless integration between the two. Much of what we need to do can only be done through on of their account managers. Response time has sometimes been over two weeks!!!

Makes Student Lottery and Registration Easy for Our Charter School

The product is great, customer service is an area of improvement.

Pros

PowerSchool Registration has been key in transitioning our charter school's lottery and registration process to a digital/online format. In the past, we did this all by paper and it was extremely tedious. By partnering with PowerSchool, we have saved hours of time processing paper, increased our data verification, and increased parent efficiency in supporting registration paperwork and documents.

Cons

The initial set-up and implementation costs were extremely pricey for the level of customer service and design that we received. PowerSchool Registration has gone through three different client communication protocols in the last three years and we have experienced extremely poor customer service/response times.

Great Idea with some flaws

Overall experience is guarded. I am sure once we work the bugs to and get the data cleaner the over all experience will improve. This year was difficult however. The adjustment for parents has been an issue as well but, once they are used to doing everything online we will be ok I think.

Pros

Cons

The communication between the registration piece and the SIS is faulty. Matching current students to the new student information entered by the parent is suspect. Led to many duplicate students being enrolled in the system. Same goes for contacts. Difficult to match and many duplicates arise for this situation.

Does not deliver on promises

Originally we loved Powerschool registration but since the new support format rolled out we have not had very much luck getting a response, as an example we conveyed a roll out date of 3/26/20 for our new forms on 1/7/20 as of today we have heard nothing from our "support team"

Pros

Ease of use for end user (once bugs were worked out. Allows paperless registration. can be used to collect data that may not yet be mapped to PS fields.

Cons

Customer service is severely lacking, taking weeks to months for a reply. Functionality conveyed by sales team is a blatant lie, for example you cannot update your own forms and integration does not work in both directions, student data must be uploaded to the online registration system for returning students.

Great Program for tracking students educational progress

I really like this program and the various features it offers to parents and students alike, it's mobile so you can continue to check progress and track due dates for projects and assignments.

Pros

As a parent I LOVE the fact that this program provides me with a method to stay involved in my children's education progress. This program allows you to access your child's school schedule, grades, upcoming projects and even provides school lunch account access so you can pay for your students lunches online.

Cons

Getting my account set-up was a challenge...I had to get IT involved to help me so that was a bit disappointing but once they got everything set-up it's been a breeze to maneuver through.

Power School offers a lot features and is easy to catch to using it.

Pros

Power School is easy to use. It oftens a lot of features that are easy to use. I like quick export features.

Cons

That it does not offer some reports that I could generate on other student systems. These should be easy to generate.

I use PowerSchool Registration during the fall school registration period

Ease of registering students

Pros

I like that the fields and screens are intuitive. It is very easy to run reports, and if I can't remember a field value, it's easy to look up the options.

Cons

The support center is expensive to use. Also, PowerSchool works best on Chrome, but I prefer to use Internet Explorer or Safari.

Significant time and money saved using PowerSchool Registration. Seemless integration and intuitive.

PowerSchool Registration is a huge time and money saver. It was relatively smooth to implement and our parents loved the switch from paper documents!

Pros

Simple, user friendly design. It integrates with PowerSchool seemlessly and is able to be customized. PowerSchool has improved support for this product. Our parents and office staff love this product.

Cons

Field quantity limitations. Depending on the size and cost of your subscription, the number of fields you can use in a form is limited to 100. The product is not cheap.

Poor Customer Service

Horrible! From day 1, the assigned tech was incompetent and our lottery was not ready in time, so we had to do it manually. Now, Powerschool has switched to a system of using a SmartSheet for working with the techs, and NOBODY is returning our messages via phone ot SmartSheet.

Pros

Fairly easy to use, able to integrate from lottery to registration.

Cons

The software is fine, it is the poor/non-existent customer service.

Very User friendly

I was able to register my children for school online without filling out multiple forms or driving to the school.

Pros

Since student registration can be time intensive with so many forms and questions to answer, I found this program to be very easy to use and very efficient. It took me quickly through the various forms without any trouble. I was able to register both of my children with no trouble.

Very expensive add-on!

Pros

Allows for self-service collection/updating of SIS demographic information from parents Automates the process of student registration/residency approval for schools Can integrate optional membership registration/fee collections as part of onboarding process

Cons

It is an extremely expensive add-on that by itself nearly costs the same amount as the core product (PowerSchool SIS) Certain features such as self-service demographic updating should be integrated inot the core product directly without needing to subscribe to the add-on

This reviewer only left a rating