PowerVista RollCall Reviews

PowerVista RollCall

On premise campus management and administration solution

4.42/5 (12 reviews)

Pros
  • I think the support is great but to improve and make it perfect you could do something like iLink or Go to Meeting. Then I can see how to do the things.Marcelo D.Read the full review
  • Having compared RollCall with some other similar products, I would definitely recommend it as the best among them all. I am glad that our University keeps using RollCall.Sviatlana S.Read the full review
  • RollCall has been very effective for us on an overall scale. I can't say enough good things about Lynne as she has been very supportive in our transition from an inhouse system to RollCall.Bret S.Read the full review
Cons
  • Powervista also made it easy for several transitions that we did to upgrade workstations and our local server. Additionally, our office and computer systems were destroyed by a fire in September 2015.Will E.Read the full review
  • We ve had some problems with emailing from the software. But we are working on them.ana p.Read the full review
  • Because of the different uses made by different customers, some of the updates made to the software create problems for us.ana p.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Lee Carson-Tabata

Customer support is so important, and this is the best I've ever worked with.

Reviewed 2008-09-17

Customer support is so important, and this is the best I've ever worked with - and that is saying A LOT. Response is phenominal, fixes are immediate, and they are responsive to requests for different features, which they implement quickly. As I learn the position and what I need, I make a request and it's made available to me if at all possible. My first registration was quick and painless, and I just ran my first report cards - a couple of button clicks and I just sat back and let them print! Thanks Lynne and PowerVista RollCall for all you do.

Pros
Fairly intuitive, even for one new to the registrar processes Support always available and response is immediate Simple and straight forward to use, but with all the features I need Suggestions/requests/improvements are always welcome and acted on Registration is a snap!!!

Cons
none found

ana poratelli

Reviewed 2009-06-30

RollCall is the best investment we have made in technology in the last few years. It can improve the quality of your database significantly by concentrating all the information here. It can improve your customer service because, having all the information easily available and current, you can answer questions and solve issues with your students and instructors very quickly. It can add to your marketing effort because you can use it as a "CRM" and can follow up on all leads, never missing anything.

Pros
-We ve replaced all our excel worksheets and paperwork with this software. It is capable of maintaining an updated database for students, instructors, classes and programs. -Additionally, one of the best features is the contacts database, which, in our case, is used as a CRM to follow up on potential customers. Very useful, it hast replaced the use of outlook and calendars. -The information from reports can be used for marketing research. We also export all the data to excel sheets to do additional filtering we can t manage with RC yet. -Great customer support, available through email and skype. -Customer support is always finding alternative ways to solve issues, and helping along the way. -Easy to install, constant updating and improving. -Even without customization, we could adapt our processes to the software and make good use of most of its features. -Very good price-value ratio.

Cons
-The manuals were not too user-friendly and it took some time to learn how to use the software. We are currently developing our own manuals based on our own processes. But once learned, it is very easy to use. -Because of the different uses made by different customers, some of the updates made to the software create problems for us. But customer support works on them and gets them fixed almost immediately. -We ve had some problems with emailing from the software. But we are working on them. -The designing of new reports has been hard, we have not managed it yet, except for a couple of basics. We will be working on that next.

David Spencer

This is a great Student Data Base Program Software

Reviewed 2018-02-19

Ease of Information access.

Pros
The organization of the Data information along with the number of reports that are available. The Customer Service is Awesome, ease of contact and knowledge of Software.

Cons
The User Manual needs to updated and should be made for an end user not a computer technician. The Default Names on Headings need to be user changeable.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jay Etherton

No job too big or too small!

Reviewed 2010-12-13

I have been using RollCall for three months. I am new to higher education administration and to RollCall. But thus far, this tool promises to make my job and development much, much easier. I'll post another review later on when I have more experience.

Pros
Easy to use interface with intuitive controls and functions. Flexibility to customize the wide range of features for specific application or special reporting needs. Our college is only using a fraction of this software's capabilities, but RollCall's designers have made it function just as well for limited use as with extensive use, leaving room to grow as our program grows. Software support has been attentive and effective.

Cons
I would love to attend a week-long seminar on using RollCall to its fullest extent. I want to learn more and become an expert on this excellent tool! As far as I am aware, there are no classes available for users short of the online tutorials, which can be very generic and not address specific issues. Thank goodness for courteous and helpful support people!

Darlene Thompson

Our requirements are very unique, but with help and some custom work, the software will work well!

Reviewed 2017-08-10

Pros
This is much more versatile and robust than our previous system. It allows for growth in the school along with customization as required.

Cons
Some of the elements were not flexible due to the off the shelf nature. However, support always figured out a way for us to accomplish our goals in a different way.

Sviatlana Skachykhina

A program that will make you feel at ease

Reviewed 2011-12-05

From the very first day I started to work in a position of the Registrar, I had to acquaint myself with RollCall software. I was really surprised that my training took just 30 minutes, so easy and friendly the program was and still is. Having compared RollCall with some other similar products, I would definitely recommend it as the best among them all. I am glad that our University keeps using RollCall. Mrs. Vongries is always very helpful. From time to time I can be stuck with some minor issues, but she is always there to help me out. I recommend this program without any hesitation!

Pros
1) user-friendly interface 2) easy to use even for an inexperienced user 3) all basic features that a school/university needs to keep the records, grades, etc. 4) a detailed manual 5) customer support is one of the best things that come with this program: very helpful and ready to assist at any time

Cons
1) we would like to have the option to generate the transcripts in doc format as well

Amy Blom

This is a GREAT product!

Reviewed 2010-08-26

I would recommendation this product. I was hesitant to purchase new software, the the customer support made the process much easier than anticipated!

Pros
We are a small, non-traditional school and this product has worked very well for us. We have implemented most of the standard features and modified features as needed. The support of this product is outstanding!! I have always received prompt answers to my questions and excellent suppport from the programmers. I would defintely recommend this product.

Cons
As I mentioned, we are a non-traditional school, so we had to make some modifications to make this product work for us. They were not difficulty changes and the customer service was great throughout the process.

Will Erme

Very satisfied Rollcall user since 2009

Reviewed 2015-10-26

Our massage school installed RollCall in2009. Powervista support was stellar with the initial database import, configuring it for our operations and helping us customize reports. We've used it for school operations since then. User support phone calls and emails were always returned quickly and problems were resolved. Powervista also made it easy for several transitions that we did to upgrade workstations and our local server. Additionally, our office and computer systems were destroyed by a fire in September 2015. We transitioned to a cloud server. Powervista got Rollcall running on this new architecture and imported our data backup in one-two days. We could not have recovered from this school IT disaster without this support. Immense thanks to Lynne and the Powervista team!

Bret Sullivan

Covington Theological Seminary

Reviewed 2014-09-05

RollCall has been very effective for us on an overall scale. I can't say enough good things about Lynne as she has been very supportive in our transition from an inhouse system to RollCall. We haven't had any trouble accessing the system from our server and everything that Lynne has told us in regards to accessibility has been spot on. There have been some kinks along the way, but Lynne has been available and apt to suit our needs. The only non positive comments I could make about the system is that it has been a little more complex than I had hoped, but we are a small Bible College with not a ton of needs. It's not that it's not adaptable, but that it did take us several months to make the transition. I'm the only tech savy person on our staff and I am not an advanced database operator.

Connie Ryan

Roll Call is Awesome

Reviewed 2010-02-02

HIGHLY recommended!!!

Pros
We have been using Roll Call for six months now and I am very pleased. We have been able to automate many tasks that took an employee about 2 hours per day. Now, it takes 15 minutes! We were able to work with Roll Call programmers to customize some critical features. How many companies are eager to work with you so their software can be specific to your own business? At a time when customer service is lacking in almost every vendor/business I work with, I am always grateful for the excellent service and assistance I receive from Roll Call.

Cons
None at this time.

Madeleine Dudley

Programs Coordinator

Reviewed 2010-03-10

Very, very pleased.

Pros
This is an easily manipulative program once you get familiar with it. But the best part of my whole experience with the program is the technical support. Lynne Vongries has walked me through every process I need to know, and she has tailored all aspects to my needs. She goes above and beyond helping me whenever I call and puts me at total ease. She is always available and very, very pleasant. Lynne is one smart cookie.

Cons
There are no cons - if there were any cons, Lynne has shut them off for me!!

Marcelo Difini

Implementing RollCall

Reviewed 2011-12-02

I think the support is great but to improve and make it perfect you could do something like iLink or Go to Meeting. Then I can see how to do the things. Sometimes things that I need are simple but when the support come from an email it is not always simple.

Pros
track students, classes and all kind of reports in an easy way.

Cons
Slow, GPA sometimes is incorrect.