PraxiSchool Reviews

Cloud-based school management software

Review Summary

Pros

Support is fantastic and so is the price. Both parents and the school loves having one database to which everyone has access.

Carli M.

Karen A.

Rhonda A.

Cons

The attendance function is a little difficult confusing.

Anna T.

I guess I haven't used it enough to have a dislike of anything.

Kerstin R.

Virginia H.

4.6

Stellar Company

The implementation of this software has been a very pleasant experience largely due to the excellent customer service from the sales team and their training team, David, Stacie and Jennifer. These three people have shown they genuinely care about their customers and strongly believe in this company. They all listened to my concerns and desires, and all showed me they would give 110% to ensure my needs are met. They all displayed true professionalism with a personal touch. I truly feel like I am now part of their family.

Pros

The product is user friendly and the training I received to use the product was top notch. The product did not integrate with an app I need to use but the staff was willing to do what it took to get that integration in place. You have the opportunity to work with a programmer to put things in place specifically for your school --basically allowing you to customize your experience as much as possible.

Cons

There aren't any features I feel are missing because you can ask for specific things and have a discussing how to implement your requests.

Felicia, thank you so much for the review and welcome to the family!! It is truly our privilege to serve you! You and Permission to Succeed are doing BIG things and it is an HONOR to play a small part in helping you with that.

Fantastic program for small non-public schools with limited resources

I have now used 3 different school database systems. This one holds weight with the top of the line products used in my area, by overly funded public schools. One caveat, we are not using the finance side of the program.

Pros

The ease of set-up, high quality training and detailed resources for help. It also fits in our budget.

Cons

Occasionally, I might have to refresh the page for an update.

Mr. Robbins, thank you for your review. It is our pleasure to serve you and the team at East Palmyra!

Great concept, limited access

None really, I only use it because my school requires it.

Pros

Easy to take attendance and journal student progress. I can see how this website would be very convenient if I was an administrator.

Cons

Somewhat confusing to use, not an intuitive program. Wish there was an ios app for this, as I mostly use my iPad in the classroom, very frustrated that I cannot use my iPad with this website, even if I have Firefox on my device. Very annoying that I have to use Firefox with this website, as I don't need it for anything else. I have found the lesson planning section clumsy at best, there are simpler more user friendly sites that I use for lesson planning. The site freezes if I leave the web page open, forcing me to log in and out every time that I need to use it. As a teacher with limited time for admin during school hours this is very frustrating.

THIS WAS A LIFE SAVER

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been GREAT in helping us to setup and implement the software. I am really looking forward to using this software for the 2020-2021 school year.

Pros

The software is EXTREMELY eased to you. Also the names of the tabs are very helpful when looking for important information and reports.

Cons

Nothing at this time. The software is easy to use and I love the report feature.

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is our PRIVILEGE to serve you!

PraxiSchool

The use of PraxiSchool is opening up so many possibilities. The parents are thrilled that they will be able to pay on-line, select lunch, see grades. The teachers are thrilled to be able to put in attendance on their own, and that the lunches will not be punched on cards and the fact taht the parents can pay on-line frees up any mistakes I make!

Pros

I like all of the features of the software. Having used nothing but Excel spreadsheets to try to keep track of payments, monies owed, etc., this is a lifesaver!

Cons

I guess I haven't used it enough to have a dislike of anything!

Kerstin, thanks so much for using PraxiSchool. It is our privilege to serve you!

Easy to learn. Does WAY more than I had hoped. The versatility and support is unparalleled.

We combined nine databases into one. Ease of use and versatile. Support is fantastic and so is the price! Both parents and the school loves having one database to which everyone has access.

Pros

We had nine separate databases operating at my school and we combined them into Praxi. Not only does Praxi handle everything for admin and the classroom, but it handles library, donors, lunch, communications, after school and finance. My parents are happy that they have one place to go to pay bills, see grades, demerits, calendar, announcements, etc. Admin loves it because we all have access to...

Cons

Praxi does not currently have the ability for us to put hyperlinks in the Announcements page, but I'm told they have that on the "to do" list.

Carli, thank you for your kind words! It is truly our privilege to serve you and Incarnate Word Academy.

Tremendous customer support and fantastic feature offers make this product of utmost value to school

This software benefits ours school in virtually every aspect. From administrative and record keeping to lunch and student attendance tracking. Discipline and merits are easily tracked and accessed by the parents in the portal.

Pros

The president of the company went out of his way to meet with me and help setup features for an ACE school. I searched diligently for an online school management software that could accomodate the uniqueness of our program and found none. PraxiPower sought me out and worked with me to help customize their program to work for my school. I never thought I'd have all the features of an online program with parent and student portal access, but PraxiPower has made it reality for our school. Some of the features and their ease of use have enabled us to implement programs (such as lunch and aftercare) with ease. Overall it has taken our school up to the next level.

Cons

There are so many features that sometimes it is difficult to stay up with them all and take advantage of them all. There is an initial setup requirement for most of the features. However, once that initial setup is completed it is done and the data entry and manipulation becomes quite easy after that.

Adam, thank you for your review. We love serving you and ViewPoint Christian Academy!

Praxi Review

I have had a good experience learning this program with lots of help from tech support!! I never hesitate to call and love talking with Ed and Jennifer. They never make me feel stupid with my questions. As I use the software I get more familiar with it and am not afraid to learn new things.

Pros

Access to tech support

Cons

The glitches and hang ups at times with it being a smaller company and a progressing company.

Ms. Lee, thank you for your review of our software! We are delighted to have you as a customer and to hear about your good experiences with our staff and company. We are experiencing amazing growth and are committed to continuing to minimize any glitches that may occur. As you mentioned in your review, our staff is always ready and willing to assist you and all of our customers with any questions or issues that arise. Offering the most features in our industry inside one program does mean there is a learning curve, but I am glad to hear we have been there with you every step of the way. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to continuing to serve you!

review 2016

The customer service is excellent. They go above and beyond to give support to their customers. Support staff are always available.

Pros

Fairly easy to use the basics. Encompasses all our schools needs.

Cons

There are so many different tabs to choose from, sometimes it is difficult to know where to look for something. There are somethings that should be a quick find but you end up digging around quite a bit before you find it.

Ms. Emery, thank you for your review, we love serving New Covenant Christian! We definitely appreciate your praise of our customer service and support staff. We believe strongly in providing all of the options a school needs in one system at our industry low price with unparalleled support. Thanks again and we look forward to many more years together!

Arizona JR/SR High School Review

We are using Praxipower for student enrollment, attendance and transcripts. It has made it easier to send records to other schools when they are requested.

Pros

The price was within our budget and the features were just what we needed.

Cons

It is complicated to navigate and the look of the transcripts are not formatted like the public schools are.

Thank you very much for your review. It is our privilege to serve you and Arizona Jr/Sr High School.

Awesome Customer Care

The Praxi Power software system is very user friendly. The training and support we received when implemented was excellent and continues to be so on a daily basis. This says a lot about their customer service, which seems to be non existent in most business these days.

Pros

The Praxi Power Software system has organized our school information from staff to students to billing. Helping us to run much more efficiently. The software is easy to use and the support exceptional.

Cons

A manual would be beneficial.

Laurie, thanks so much for your kind words. It is our privilege to serve you and STEPS Academy. You will also be happy to know that a written manual is in the works to supplement our one on one training, as well as our tutorial videos. Great suggestion and thanks again!

Great program, easy to use and helpful customer service!

Pros

Ease of use. The classroom is laid out in a manner that makes it easy for me to take attendance, record grades and communicate with my students parents. Also like the fact that they are always adding new features to improve the program and meet the needs of school staff members.

Cons

I would like to see a discussion board area added to the program. While there is great communication options between staff to parents / students, there is not an option for students to communicate with each other.

We have been using Praxi for over a year now and we all love it!

Pros

It's got everything I need all in one place - grading, student/parent database, tuition contracts, email, accounting, donor tracking and so much more!!! And it's easy to use!

Cons

I can't wait until they develop an interface to use the software on iPads and iPhones- for both admin and parent/student portals.

Awesome program that does it all!

If you are looking for a complete school system you can stop looking, you have found it with PraxiSchool! From enrollment, to classes, to transcripts, to full email capabilities, to lunch money to full general ledger (including payroll) and accounts receivable! The program is very user friendly and easy to follow and learn, but a complex, comprehensive system! Ed Arthur is GREAT!!! I can't say...

Don't waste your money!

I have completed several class in educational technology. I have worked for a software company with a successful IEP, medicaid, and billing software. I know how software should work. I would never recommend this program to anyone.

Pros

I originally liked the idea that I could use it to write my lesson plans. I thought it would be helpful for the assignments I listed in my lesson plans would transfer to my grade book.

Cons

The system is unappealing in appearance. It looks antiquated and cheap. Every task that I try to complete involves multiple steps. The help I requested was unsuccessful at solving the problem. The training was poor.

Implementation of software was very smooth. Training and support team are always available to help!

Pros

Like most that it is cloud-based and easy to edit changes. Also, video recording the training sessions makes it easy to review click by click.

Cons

Definite learning curve in understanding all the functions and features. Unable to watermark transcripts.

Thank you Monieek for your honest assessment. We love working with you. New transcript features are scheduled to be released in August, so you will be excited to see those. Thanks again for choosing PraxiSchool!

We tried, but Praxi couldn't step up to the plate

None.

Pros

It reminded me of software I worked with in the late 90's, except that everyone got their own login and could access the software from any computer with internet access.

Cons

We cancelled after 5 months. It seems like this software is on a dying, almost obsolete platform and the interface is obtuse at best. After our first on-boarding call, several email containing questions were met with zero answers. Calls were met with techs that didn't know how to navigate the software. The only person who knew enough about the software was our tech, and she was so busy with other...

This review is difficult to respond to due to it's anonymous nature. PraxiPower stands firmly behind our customer service and product and will be happy to provide references of current customers.

PraxiSchool

FBA has used several school management programs over the years and with the acquisition of Praxi, find the multitude of functions, ease of use and customer service to be exceptional in comparison. Teachers find the program user friendly with great functions to keep students and parents aware of academic progress. Praxi melds many areas - tuition accounts, lunch orders, attendance, discipline, parent communication, grade books, report card and evaluation templates, etc - into one easy to use program. Praxi truly lives up to its motto - Do it Live, Do it Once, Do it Praxi! And one of the most important components of Praxi is the customer service which is friendly, prompt and assists with individual school particulars to make Praxi work best for the consumer. Highly recommend Praxi!

Best in the Market

As the administrator, now retired, of Heritage Christian School, I orginally brought PraxiSchool to our school back in 1996. We were the first school to bring PraxiSchool on as a school software program. Over the years we have seen the program go from it's beginning to where it is today. I personally have looked at a variety of school programs and I must say I have not seen a program like this that does all that PraxiSchool does with the user friendly this program has. Ed and his staff have and are doing a wonderful job with their tech support. They are always there willing and able to help at any time. I would challenge anyone to find a better, user friendly, or better priced program in the market today. We look to a longer relationship with PraxiSchool and Ed for years to come.

Cons

We are in the midst of our conversion BUT overall Phenomenal

Pros

The inclusion of ALL areas of our school into "one bubble" ! The ease of use and training available!! Love our Praxi family

Cons

No cons to speak of at this point. We haven't run into an obstacle that wasn't fixed within a short time, all during a conversion.

Virginia, thank you for your kind words. It is our honor to serve Beaufort Academy! You all are doing a WONDERFUL job!

Perfect Fit

Great customer support. Professional, uses technology to support but also personal and friendly

Pros

We love Praxi’s flexibility and layout. Obviously created by educators and accountants to cover all the bases for schools. The best of both worlds.

Cons

Nothing yet! We’ve only been with Praxi a few months

Thank you so much for your review! It is our privilege to serve you!

Very easy system to use.

Made life easier with sorting students info and their grades.

Pros

How it simplifies the school administration. The students info is easy to put into the system as well as entering all the classes.

Cons

As of right now there is no way that I have learned to put our school logo, but I may not have been told how to do that yet.

None better.

Since starting with Praxi in August of 2014, I have had nothing but amazing experiences. Learning any new system for a school is challenging, and while it has been because it has been new, the customer service I've experienced with Praxi has been far exceeding anything that I would've imagined. I know that Ed or Jennifer will return my phone call (if I even have to leave a voice mail, which is rare) within a timely manner and are always very professional. No matter the question, they treat me as if they have all the time to assist. I cannot imagine working with anyone else, now or ever again. I'm very thankful that my Board decided to utilize Praxi. If I could, I'd tell all schools to utilize Praxi.

Great setup process!

The customer service has been very helpful throughout our time setting it up.

Pros

The straightforward process of setting up the software and customizing it for our school's needs

Cons

Certain parts of the software are a bit more complicated than they need to be.

Thank you, Principal Mann, for your review and for allowing us to serve you!

Praxi School is extremely versatile while still being user friendly. I have not yet learned all it d

The software seems to be able to do all things that schools need to be able to accomplish. It has nooks for information that a special needs or interest school can store that no other school may need to track. The software engineer is extremely responsive to the needs of the users and wants to be able to have Praxi School continue to meet expanding demands. The new billing capabilities are wonderful and the service is just about around the clock. Having been in the education delivery service for many years I can have used many systems but have not used any that I have found better thought out or developed. Again special kudos on the technical service.