Procare Solutions Reviews - Page 11

1,446 reviews

Procare Software Review

Pros

I like that it is all in one. The customer service is usually very fast and friendly.

Cons

It can be a little difficult to figure certain features out. It’s a beast of a software so it does anything and everything you need, but the layout and functions are not always the easiest to figure.

Brentley - We're glad to hear you like the 'all in one' aspect of Procare including everything you need. You'll find articles, videos, and webinars that cover every feature at procaresupport.com. And, of course, we offer free training to help you get off to a quick start along with free technical support for questions and troubleshooting. Please let us know if there's anything particular we can help with.

Procare makes it really easy to keep track of records.

Pros

It is very user friendly. Tech support is always very helpful when issues arise. I like that I can keep track of children's records and billing.

Cons

There are some reports I would like to run that aren't an option. Also when you print an account statement, the decimal numbers do not show.

Kathy, Thank you for your kind comments. We're glad Procare's ease of use and helpful support staff have been keys to successfully tracking child and family records. We're always looking to enhance reporting and are currently working toward some new reporting features. If you're still experiencing issues with decimals on certain reports please contact our support team so we may help troubleshoot that with you.

very informative and helpful

Pros

easy tracking for attendance on a daily basis as well as easy access to emergency contacts and other information needed quickly and accurately.

Cons

would be nice if we could add items that the state requires such as health appraisal information and alerts.

MonaLisa ¿ Thank you for your feedback. We¿re glad you like the attendance tracking features and access to emergency contacts. Alerts can be easily added to each family¿just click the Edit Account icon (file folder) and type a message in the Alert box. As to health appraisal information, there may be a way to accomplish that using child tracking or immunization settings. Our tech support team can help you determine the most appropriate way to handle that.

Great Support for a Great Software Package

We are just starting our 4th year on Procare at our center. We are going through a State audit and it is invaluable to have all the reports for attendance, accounting and other things that the auditors are asking for. We cannot imagine going through an audit if we did not have Procare installed!

Pros

Solid cloud service, incredible software support from both the website and, most importantly, the LIVE people that are always spot on with their assistance

Cons

Just one nitpicky thing; I would like a feature that would let you automatically duplicate one months budget to the other eleven months without have to manually import and save the monthly budget into the other eleven months

From a Preschool perspective

The customer service is wonderful. Everyone we have ever had to call and talk to has been extremely helpful

Pros

Touch pad sign in and out has eased billing and the cumulative tally of staff working hours. The system has been incredibly useful in this area, making it user friendly. Also we love the tuition express. It has cut down on one staff position due to the ease of deposits made automatically, no running to the bank and no return checks! Taking payments by credit card also makes it easier to receive payments.

Cons

Not being able to drill down into reports to find what specific totals include.

has always responded to emails to help desk fast within an half hour or less

Less time adding up Hours

Pros

That I can see all in info from my lap top and that if a parent is singing out I can access info for another parent that it adds up hours used so I don't have to do it how fast it takes to sign in 75 students and that I can send messages to parents . The parent love the notice that there child is in and or signed out of kids club.Its just so easy and if I have Problems the support is fast and formable

Cons

I wish they had a billing system that charge prepaid to parents .This is how we have operated our program. Other than that I can't really think of anything I would do different

Good Decision

I have found it more efficient for my families to check in and out where I have real time access to the information no matter where I am located. The customer service dept and set up department have been so valuable to helping someone with little experience in such software.

Pros

The check in/out portion allows me to pull the reports I need for the state. The time clock portion for my staff allows me to do time efficiently for payroll.

Cons

The correction of staff time when they miss a clock in is a little more time consuming than I would prefer.

Attendance made easy!

We love being able to keep track of all of our attendance and being able to pull up any students record to see when, the times and who picked the student up.

Pros

Love this software because we are able to keep track of 100's of students on a daily basis. We can also keep track of students and their attendance. Kinderlime also notifies us anytime there is an issue and they always have it resolved in a short amount of time.

Cons

The biggest downfall we have is the reports and not being able to get all the information we need on said reports.

Kinderlime Makes Life Easy

Pros

I love that I can streamline the billing process, and send messages to all of my parents, or select a few that need to receive a specific message.

Cons

I wish that I was able to print all statements that have an outstanding balance without having to go through individually.

Kinderlime for our After School Program

See "what I like most about" Kinderlime Bringing stakeholders into the fold. The ease of contacting parents. Set up.

Pros

I have only been using and training my staff to use this program for about a month now. I find that it's real easy to navigate through and it was super quick to get the students info that we support crossed over from city side to Kinderlime. We needed this program to not only track attendance & meals, but the real deal is the ability to create lesson plans and share them with the parents. The stakeholders...

Cons

I don't like that there is only one time frame in which I can create a prompt when students are being signed out. I have 2 different time frames in a week 12:20-3:00 and 3:05-5:00 in which a prompt asks the child's parents why the child is being signed out before 3 or 5pm. The program only allows one time frame.

It has been a great system for me and I am very happy to have always had excellent support and help when I have called with questions.

Pros

This software is easy to use and understand. It is also well organized and is simple to use. When I first started this job, I was concerned about the "billing" that I was going to have to do weekly, but it is now one of the easiest parts of my job and I enjoy doing it.

Cons

The thing I like least is having to change my password often. It takes me a while to remember my new password.

ProCare

Pros

This software has loads of functions that help us manage a large childcare center efficiently. It is being improved on all of the time as they are now moving to the ability for us to do daily reports, etc. through this same program. Tech support used to be a problem, long waits, not open at the right hours we needed, system was down a lot. Good news is that these things have improved a great deal over the past months.

Cons

When the internet connection is down, we can't do a thing. Also, the reports are not always what you want and it's confusing to create your own.

We love Procare!

Ease of use Everything you need to keep track of children in attendance, staff in attendance, billing for the families. Can send emails or statements right through the software.

Pros

Procare is an awesome childcare software. It is easy to manage all the children/families data and billing information. I highly recommend Procare to anyone that is in the childcare business!

Cons

Would love to be able to include a picture in an email without it being in an attachment. Also when leaving a birthday message at our parent check in computer, we have to scroll through all the children we every had instead of just the currently enrolled.

New User Impressions

Have used many different software packages and typically have found the the more user friendly the less functional the software is. Employer was using only the AR portion of the software. The AR is easily understood and does an excellent job to working customer accounts and statements. Just recently added Expenses & Ledgers and hope to add Payroll in the not too distant future.

Pros

AR system is excellent. Very user friendly and straight forward. Being a new user without a previous user available to train me found the help to actually be very helpful. Webinars are an excellent tool and the support help desk is remarkable. AR automatic billing took a couple of tries to get right, but errors made were easily corrected. Tuition Express auto pay is excellent.

Cons

The system is designed with the non-account in mind. Consequently for an account it is a bit cumbersome. AP has the most room for improvement. Need to be able enter and select for payment on a single check multiple invoices for a vendor with different invoice/due dates. AP also needs to prompt the user if a duplicate invoice number is being entered for the same vendor. AP needs to have the ability to accept a negative invoice and credit memo without having to apply it to an outstanding invoice. General Journal entries tries to help by selecting the normal debit/credit side which slows me down. Also would like to be able to enter a description for individual entries rather than a single group entry description.

Superb Customer Service

There's definitely a benefit to this program add the tools need to successfully track and monitor students. When helping parents feel secure.

Pros

It yo have and question or comment about the program all you have to do it send them an email and within 24 hrs someone will call you and work you through it step by step.

Cons

Although it really user friendly, it relies heavy on parent participates. Thus, if a parent is having trouble they an't the one's that can contact the Procare customer service.

Shauna - We're so glad you love the customer service and tech support teams. Email is a great option, but you can also call in to our U.S.-based support center. As to parents, we usually find it's most productive to have them contact you (their provider) first, since you're their main point of contact. As needed, we'll work with you to ensure parents get the help they need.

After a year of trying to use the cloud remote service. we found out that our tablets would not wk

Pros

I like the reports that it can generate. I also love tuition express, It has been the most beneficial component of our overall operation.

Cons

the program is not intuitive, salesperson only interested in sale misrepresented product rep was rude blaming me and talking down to me. as if I should have known better. when the products will not do what was advertised.

Julie ¿ We¿re glad to hear how beneficial Tuition Express has been to your operation, but are sorry other areas have not met your expectations. We strive to be forthright in how our products and services are represented and want you to be successful in their use. We¿ll be in touch soon to see how we can help.

ProCare Is Your Choice

Communication with Parents directly from classrooms has been a huge improvement for us.

Pros

From an end user perspective, entering billing, reconciling accounts, notifications of account actions and more are all fairly streamlined and user friendly.

Cons

The administrative side is a bit cumbersome from my own perspective. For simple administrative tasks - say, flag a specific parent for a message during check-in. The check-in/check-out message is either for all or for none....which unnecessarily draws attention to that parent from other parents. This is just one example of many.

Procare Thoughts

Procare helps me organize my school and my self. I can set up billing, scheduling and rosters so I am in control and I know exactly whats going on.

Pros

I love the organization of the software. I often have to look for something in a moments notice and the ease of knowing where everything is helps a great deal. There are many functions and once you learn how to use them, they are very helpful. Tucker the penguin is also so festive!

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to navigate when I am looking for something. I can do a quick google search to figure it out or call customer support which both have been great to me.

Procare review from a daily user

I would recommend Procare since you can do so many things. As I mentioned above, this program offers a variety of possiblities, no need to have different programs running when you could have it all in one. Procare is easy to use and offers many options to meet the needs of a child care facility.

Pros

Procare has been moving forward in the short time we have been using their system. They offer several program options. You can choose just the basics or add agency accounting, attendance tracker, meal tracker, employee data, payroll, expenses and ledger modules. These features allow you to have the information you need in just a few clicks of your mouse. With Tuition Express the payments are posted...

Cons

I would like to see a report card module being added for school age students. I understand that this program is geared towards childcare, but it offers so much that I believe this is the only thing missing to make this program complete for chld care or school age students.

Long time Customer - Procare is 5 Stars!

We have been using Procare since v9. We currently have 46 sites using Procare. We feel Procare is a critical part of our day to day operations. The program is reliable and very easy to use for both employees and families. If you ever have a need to call in for support, you will be helped by the best in the business! As an IT Manager, I use many different programs for my daily tasks, Procare is by far the easiest program to support every site. The ability to have a payment solution fluidly integrate with Procare called "Tuition Express" is such a great feature and something used by thousands of our clients weekly. We absolutely love using Procare and feel they are an amazing choice for Child Care Management Software!

Pros

Easy of use, amount of features

Cons

Nothing

Preschool/Daycare management

Overall it is a good software and makes managing a school much easier, however there are room for improvements as far as functions, reports, and user capabilities go that would make it more beneficial to preschool/daycares.

Pros

All information in one location, easy to print classroom rosters, projection for future enrollments/classroom numbers

Cons

Not an annual roster by classroom option (Each needs to be done monthly), past rosters are not accurate if a child is "hidden" or "withdrawn" from the program, takes some searching through possible reports to find a report that will give you the information you need in a format you want it in.

Excellent Product

Excellent customer service. The product exceeds my expectations and helps me run my business more efficiently and smoothly.

Pros

Easily tracks attendance, payments, and kid information

Cons

That you have to purchase segments individually.

Child Care Made Easier with ProCare

I started our child care center with very little staff and have needed to handle all of the business-side of the center as well as needing to spend a good amount of time in the classrooms. ProCare saves me so much time with its variety in reports that can be run with the click of a button, with all of the different modules that can be added to our account, and with the neat features like the Keyless Entry System and Check In/Out kiosk. What I appreciate the most, though, is the professional appearance it gives to our center. The parents love it almost as much as I do!

Pros

I appreciate the webinars available for all of the different aspects/modules ProCare provides. The customer service reps are always very good about directing me to what to look at or to do remote assistance. I appreciate that I can figure things out at my own pace as well.

Cons

Honestly, it is just finding the time to familiarize myself with every thing ProCare provides. Every time I figure out something new, it saves me so much time!

I have been very excited about the program but most of all Benji has been a GREAT help.

I got the benefit of time cards for all the employees, check in stations for Employees and Teachers, all the reports that I get from these areas. The Tuition Express is the best and the newest addition but has been an happy addition.

Pros

That I have tec support and Benji to explain it to me. The tuition express has been a wonderful time saving item that I am glade we got turned on to. I also like the check in and timecard options but the are 2nd best compared to the tuition express.

Cons

I have a hard time with the amount of options that there are and which one to choose. Then trying to find it after I get sold on that particular report.

Excellent!

We truly appreciate the great customer service team at ProCare. Our concerns are addressed in a timely manner and our issues are usually resolved right away.

Pros

We really like the reports that we are able to generate in ProCare. It saves us a great deal of time when we need very specific information.

Cons

I really like many of the features in ProCare; however, it would be really great if some of the fields auto populated (for example when entering the budget information it has to be re-entered for each quarter after it has already been entered for the year). While this is a minor inconvenience, it would be nice if it could be enhanced.