Procare Solutions Reviews - Page 2

1,416 reviews

We are a licensed preschool and childcare facility that has used the software daily for many years.

Daily operations, accounting practices, collecting staff and student information and communication.

Pros

ProCare's versatility is extremely impressive. We use this application for students and staff alike as our sign in station and communication tool. This helps us track student and staff attendance down the day and minute which is invaluable to grant reporting, payroll and tuition reimbursements. ProCare also has many useful faucets for early childhood organizations, such as behavior tracking,...

Cons

Interfacing software with our Website and Facebook Page. We recieve a lot of traffic through these sites and we would love to be able to collect date straight to ProCare through these web resources.

Amanda ¿ We¿re glad Procare¿s versatility helps your center in so many ways. It¿s also great to see your suggestion about integrating with your center¿s website, Facebook, and similar places parents seek information. One way you can do that right now, as a Procare Cloud customer, is to place a link on your site (or anywhere you choose) for new families to register online. You can also make a link available for current families to log in, review information, choose schedules, pay online, and more at MyProcare! See: http://procaresupport.com/myprocare-overview/

Awesome Tech support.

Pros

It can keep track of the immunizations. It alerts us when immunizations are going to expire. Tracking and changing classrooms is a breeze.

Cons

We can't put comments on each child or employees. For example, teacher calls out, we don't have a place to keep track of call outs and the same with students, if a parent has a concern, we have to write it down, but prefer to keep track on ProCare. Less steps is always best when it comes to billing and charges, etc. It is a challenge to just delete one sibling when they have moved on to another school and the younger one is still with us. I have had tech support, but still shows up. If I delete the one sibling, it deletes both students on the folder so I end up adding them both back on the hidden folder. I just want to hide the one that moved on.

Yolanda ¿ We¿re glad you¿ve had such positive interactions with our Tech Support team and that immunization tracking and classroom management are now a breeze. As for adding comments to children or staff, there are a few different ways that could be done including using Log Notes for items that require a permanent record. Also, when children leave theYolanda ¿ We¿re glad you¿ve had such positive interactions...

This software has changed the entire dynamic of our business. Business has never been better!

Overall this software has changed our entire dynamic of the business. Our enrollment has increased 25% and counting with less than 6 months of signing up. Parents are just amazed at what the software can do and are now telling their friends about our daycare. Our administration can easily manage client and employee information which allows more focus on the kids and less time running the business. This software has definitely been a game changer for our facility and we look forward to our continued partnership with Kinderlime.

Pros

The ease of use and the organization of this software has totally changed our business practices and model. We are running a more efficient daycare, focusing more on the kids and not the business side of things. Our teachers are now able to eliminate the task of filling out meal sheets and incident reports and having to keep up with paper trails. The Sign In/Out feature along with the Parent App...

Cons

Not every business is ran the same way and has its different needs. Having stated that, I feel that an improvement on the communication end of the software between parent and administration could use some improvement. The parents are able to send notices via the application but on the dashboard there is no way to communicate back with the parent or even between administration. There are no notices...

The Procare Whisperer - AKA - Benji

So... I had one little question, right? One little itty bitty - probably could have figured it out by myself - question. But.... it's people's finances, so I called to make sure I didn't screw anything up. Holy Goodness Gracious. NO. I solved what I had initially called about - but I still scheduled an additional call with the rep because of how many ???s he answered that I didn't even know...

Pros

It's fluidity. It can grow with us and help us grow. It can be my checks and balances so that I will always be accountable to my staff, my parents and my board. I can organize and create clear reports in ways I wasn't able to do previously. Amazing stuff really.

Cons

Learning it. It's hard to self-navigate. But the training you can get is very good.

I compared for months and Kinderlime came out on top

Fantastic software! It is absolutely THE BEST child care app on the market right now. The Kinderlime team is very responsive, they offer real 5 Star customer service.

Pros

As a director, I have worked with several different software platforms over the years. Recently our software company "retired" and I was so disappointed because we loved CCM! Lots of apps are out there and at first many seemed good, but once you start working with them the frustrations are slowly revealed. So I actually ran the demos for four different leading child care management apps with a few...

Cons

I wish they had features to support management of staff data, communication between teachers and the front office, and teacher appreciation (Track hire date, reminder of teacher employment anniversaries, log of training dates with renewal reminders, and a list of personal favorites for teacher gift giving). --Whichever company runs with my idea is going to have an edge! I created a work-around in Kinderlime to enable me to text staff by creating a student named"Staff Members" and then assigning all of the staff as if they were the "Parents".

Procare Products and Services

My overall experience has been amazing.

Pros

The thing I like the most about this software is the amount of time I get back in my day from the simplistic and shorter routines brought about by the features of Procare. I don't have to spend hours on billing and chasing money now that we use tuition express. I am able to import directly from our waitlist software to the ProCare software so I am not keying client information twice! The tax season is less of a hassle when producing their tax statements. This software is priceless when you think about what you are getting for your money. I would be lost without it.

Cons

The only thing I struggle with is sitting on hold with customer service for so long when I do have a question/concern that I cannot find a solution to on the website. It is made up for though when the customer service personnel is so polite, helpful, and quickly/efficiently help me with my problem.

Great Functionality at a Great Price

Pros

Our ability to bill accurately, receive payment, and communicate well with our clientele increased when we began using Procare.

Cons

I wish there was a "remove" feature for old accounts.

Great Investment

I love this program. I can come to one location and track attendance, meals, employee time cards, send message to parent about their child's daily activities and bill my parents weekly or monthly with ease. Kinderlime has cut my work load significantly.

Pros

Kinderlime software is very user friendly and does not require a great amount of time to set up. It is a one stop software program. Parents are able to sign their children in with a pin or signature. No more forgetting to pay and late fee. Parents can pay their tuition from the ease of the home computer. Kinderlime is very affordable for smaller child care facility. This program along has impressed parents and help me gain students.

Cons

I don't have a problem with this software. I have a home daycare and a tutorial session I offer on the weekends and Kinderlime allows me to create different classes for each group I work with. We even use it for Children's church sign in.

Quick and Easy!

I can't tell you how much easier my job is now that we have Procare and Tuition Express! We are able to run our school more efficiently and professionally. I can't believe we operated so long without it!

Pros

This software makes it super easy to email groups of parents. Whether I'm sending a message to the entire school or just one class, customization of my email groups is quick and simple. I can also look up features about specific families within seconds, making my response time to questions extremely fast. I also love the billing features in Tuition Express. I can now post billing with just a few clicks on my keyboard and collect payments with ease. I am promptly alerted when there is a decline and the account is automatically updated, which ensures the accuracy of accounts.

Cons

If there is a con to this software, it would be that when I am emailing a statement to an individual family, I have to copy the email before I click the choice to send a statement. It does not autofill the email address for that family. That's a pretty minor complaint for a really great system!

The right switch

Overall I love the easy access to all the help. Anything I may not understand how to do I can quickly search and find get explanation on how to complete the steps. Also the help desk is very quick to respond via email or telephone wit answers and even help walk me through steps.

Pros

I love the organization of having all products in the same program window. The set up and implementation was very simple. You could make things as simple or complex as you need. Tuition Express has made the process for payments of tuition the smoothest its ever been. Parents love going to the portal to make payments at their convenience.

Cons

I wish that when you were selecting GL accounts that you could search by alpha characters and not just numbers in all areas. Also wish that you could check balances on the budget by account more quickly than the current process. In our previous system (ACS) we had an area that we could just type the GL number or name and it would pull up the account showing the current balance, current budget amount, and all expenses that had come out on a screen. The current process is very time consuming to pull this.

Great as a parent or director

Overall, if you're looking for a central place to organize all the many things that come with childcare, this is the best product on the market that I'm aware of.

Pros

I first used Procare as a parent in my infant son's childcare center. It was easy to check him in and out by having an ID and password number and I loved that I could see my balance on our account and get messages from the director of the childcare center. When I took over at a different center as the director, I was pleased to see they used the same program. Additionally, this center increased the...

Cons

Some reports can be difficult to find and not, at least to me, logically sequenced. However, I can usually Google to find the answer. I would love Procare to come out with an app for classroom teachers to access and parents to access where teachers can input students eating records and parents can pay their balance.

Marissa - Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Also, we have good news--parents can pay online through the MyProcare portal--and our KidReports app is perfect for staff to record meals, daily sheet entries, photos, videos and more. See: https://www.procaresoftware.com/products-and-services/services/kidreports/

Functional

PROCARE helped to decrease the amount of time spent in the office doing administrative paperwork. But currently with all of the many changes and updates that have been made and the additional and higher costs, I’m looking at other alternatives

Pros

The thing I like most about PROCARE is that you have everything you need in one place to successfully run your program whether home based or a large / multiple centers.

Cons

There are two things I dislike about the software is that after spending thousands of dollars for the software to run multiple programs, now we have to pay monthly fees just to keep up with the many changes and upgrades that have occurred over the years but without a discount. We are paying the same thing everyone else pays who didn’t have to pay all the money for the program. There was no option for being grandfathered in or paying a reduced payment.

Robust software with superb customer service

We've been able to move all of our data to a secure, cloud-based management system, allowing us to get rid of our outdated servers and making our in-house IT personnel very happy in the process. We've also begun offering online payment options to our grateful families, many of whom kept a check book on hand solely for tuition payments. We have been very happy with the support offered by Procare's customer service team. They have walked us through setting up new products, both software and hardware, and are readily available with a quick response to any questions we've had. Additionally, Procare does a great job in offering very clear instructions through webinars and other online resources. Their customer service is second to none.

Pros

This software provides solutions for so many things at once...from data management to parent resources...and allows our center to be run much more efficiently. Our organization is currently exploring just a fraction of the available software system, but we are excited about the prospect of adding more and more over the next few years, simplifying options for parents and families as well as for our administrative team and other employees.

Cons

There is a LOT to learn in order to use the software. Things that we were able to do in one click in our last system now require quite a bit more "digging" in order to execute. We have also found that the available reports are not as intuitive as our old software. We are having to input a lot more data in multiple places in order to access necessary reports. However, we attribute this extra bit of effort on our part to the increased capabilities of this system. Plus, the learning resources are plentiful, so we are able to figure out easily enough how to make the software work for our needs.

Waiting to jump ship

I haven't found a software that can do it all. To switch we would be trading problems for problems. However if i were to do it over again we would not chose Procare. I would love it if they sent surveys to their customers to get advice on areas they are failing and areas that need to most work. When they come out with new features they often miss the mark and are sub par. I am waiting and watching for either Procare to catch up or another company to come along that has everything.

Pros

They have great customer service. Their emails look nice.

Cons

There is no nice way to track your very long waiting list and there is no nice way to clearly see openings months in advance. The "feature" they have for these are worthless. I use a work around but it is time consuming and cumbersome. The scheduling feature is way more time consuming then it needs to be. Their text messaging feature is horrible, time consuming, cumbersome and unreliable. It is...

A little frustrating. A lot of good features, but some really complicated features too

It does make keeping track of the daily issues at our center easy.

Pros

I like the dashboard. I like the ability to have the child and parent photos on the screen. The clock in and out is great.

Cons

I really don't like the reports. I don't like that you have to go in EACH time and say currently enrolled children. There are a lot of really complicated features. I'm really frustrated that when this was set up in August of 2017 the accounting and payroll was not set up properly and we have not been paying our employees overtime for the entire time until today when I KNEW that there were some employees that had overtime. This is a huge issue and I'm not even sure how to go forward from here. Tech support fixed it, but did say that it was not set up properly on their end from the beginning.

Barbara ¿ We¿re glad to hear Procare makes it easy to keep track of daily items, but sorry you¿ve experienced frustration in other areas. As to reports, you may save the settings (such as ¿Enrolled¿ children) by choosing the ¿Save Settings¿ button at the bottom of the reports screen. Regarding payroll, when a new position (like ¿Teacher¿) is created it automatically defaults to paying overtime for that position. The reason you may choose to uncheck the overtime box is for things like sick time, vacation, and jury duty, that would not count toward overtime hours. We apologize for any confusion. More information on pay codes and overtime settings may be found here: http://procaresupport.com/pay-codes/

Good child/family management program

My experience has been very good. We were very hesitant after having a bad experience with a program that was recommended after our old program was discontinued. However, Procare was very helpful and suited our needs better.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and is easy to use. It has some great features our previous program did not have. Their support website is great with very useful videos if you're stuck on something or can't figure out how do to so. I used our previous program for 30 years and I was very unsure about starting something new, however, Procare made it very easy as most features were the same or similar.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to print a directory for our families. And I miss being able to print a regular file folder label for children.

Excellent phone customer service

Procare has helped us solve our issues with tuition management, and keeping track of immunizations for children and teachers

Pros

If you have the time to check through it all, it offers preschool centers many reports and tracking options that are easily gathered and printed.

Cons

Overwhelming amount of tabs sometimes. Can't find specifically what you are looking for until you dig deep

One of the best we use in the entire agency

We do our parent billing, employee clock in, ratio monitoring, CACFP tracking, and parent payments with Procare. It has proven to save a large amount of time over the "old" way from years ago!

Pros

We are a large faith-based social service agency, serving families in MANY ways. We use numerous types of software for our multiple programs. Procare is by far one of the most user friendly, high quality, and best supported software programs we use! We recently just added Tuition Express after having used Procare for 13 years, and it is going quite well. The support we have is great.

Cons

Switching from v9 to v10 was a learning curve, but it's now been several years since that occurred. We've really had no issues at all with this software.

Procare made us look tech-relavent

The customer care is awesome #1 they have a really accessible online training you can link to right from the screen giving you problems. #2 You can call without shame and they will guide you through.

Pros

I can access my center from any PC (we have the cloud version). It coordinates seamlessly with our credit card POS (we have the Attendance Module with check in/out kiosk). It secures the entrance to our facility (we have the keyless entry system).

Cons

I wish there was a way to give families alerts or messages at check in. Our old paper way was easier to put important information IN THEIR WAY. Also, I wish it would alert us if a check in/out was being attempted and not completed.

Procare Review

I like this product. However, I feel that entering all the child information could be a more streamlined process. When entering a new child, I have to remember to click in each portion of the record to enter all the information. It would be nice to have a wizard tool to bring you through each part seamlessly. There are many ways of reporting information, just not always how I would like to compile it.

Pros

Food Program Module. All in all I am happy with most of Procare's abilities within how it is programmed to be used. There are just lots of ways to make it even better for the end user.

Cons

Reporting options are not as diverse as I would like and I would like to be able to create my own reports based on needed information. There are a couple of modules that we would love to add but they are cost prohibitive for our center because it is so small (licensed for 66). I can't use the menu builder because there is not enough space to view the meals we serve. I have to use another program to do our menu. There is a higher margin of error when entering in a new child because you have to hop all over the place to enter information where it needs to go.

I've used it for 6.5 years and absolutely LOVE it! Wonderful program, no regrets!

Pros

I love Procare's Customer Service! They are so willing to answer questions and help where needed. I appreciate the fact that they are constantly to working to enhance Procare's features which in return benefit us as user.

Cons

The only thing I do not like about Procare is the online waiting list. We have now switched over to MyProcare but there are glitches. They can't put another child on the waiting list if they already have a child enrolled. This makes it hard for expectant mother OR when families can only get one child in at a time. I also don't like how we can't search by DOB. We've had to create personalized questions...

Monica - Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We appreciate your input on using MyProcare as your online waiting list. One recently added feature we think you'll like is the ability to filter by age -- so you can view just families with children of a certain age.

Invaluable for Ratio Monitoring

Pros

Kinderlime has done an excellent job listening to business needs and implementing features we ask for. There are more features for every conceivable activity and tracking need related to childcare, and we love the ease of use. It is the only software we trust to track our daily ratios and staff time cards.

Cons

I personally do not like that there are two or three different sign in screens to click around to--there is the "home" screen of all children (that you can sign them in and out of), an attendance screen that I can sign them in and out on, AND the pin login screen that is difficult to get to. It's confusing for parents and staff.

V9 to V10 Conversion

We have use Procare for 15 years and love it! We do not have all the modules but most of them. We work within Procare 80% of our day. We have recently converted to V10 and are working often with Support to help us with or little challenges.

Pros

We have found the video's to be awesome! The help feature is the Best! The helpfulness and person care from all the support staff is A+ !!! Love Remote Access by the staff!!!

Cons

It's a challenge learning all the new buttons and new reports but at some point it will become second nature. County ledgers did not transfer correctly and had missing data. Thankfully Support has taken it over to work on to see what is the best and simplest solution for our specific situation.

Hello Pam, and welcome to Procare v10! Thank you for your review. We really appreciate hearing suggestions from our customers and are glad that our amazing tech team was able to help. Rest assured we are here to give you another one of our famous customer care Procare Hugs if you need any help in the future.

Procare Software

Overall the software has been able to provide us with a more efficient use of our time

Pros

Procare is very easy to use and has many functions that assist in the overall operations of the child care program that I own and manage. It makes recordkeeping very easy and less time consuming allowing us to devote more of our time to the children and our staff.

Cons

There are some functions regarding signing children in and out, if a parent forgets to sign a child out they are not able to sign them in again the next day, and their child's time card gets all messed up. If there was a way that the system automatically signed the children out (that the parents forgot to) it would make it much easier for them to sign in in the morning. Also school age kids, would be nice if they could sign themselves in and out when coming back from school or leaving for school.

Tami - We're glad you like the many easy-to-use functions. As to checking children in and out, we are currently working toward a simplified process we believe will alleviate issues with parents forgetting to check kids out. Of course you can also use the Batch Check Out feature to quickly make sure all kids are checked out at the end of the day. And for school-age children you can absolutely let them sign in and out by simply adding them as an authorized pickup for themselves. Hope that helps!

Procare Software

I have nothing but good things to say about Procare Software. While it can be costly, it is well worth the value. The amount of paperwork that I have to do is now cut down by 75% and my life is so much easier than it was before the software.

Pros

Procare is an all-in-one software that makes daycare management so much easier than it ever was before. There is such a variety of tools and reports to use that there is no need for another program. There are different modules to add to make the program completely customizable to what your program needs.

Cons

The program can be tricky to navigate at the beginning, however, the support website and call center are so helpful that I usually have an answer within minutes. There are also webinars online that you can watch to help with learning the program.