Procare Solutions Reviews - Page 4

1,416 reviews

Don't Know What I Would Do Without It!

Exceptional customer service! Anytime, I can't figure something out or if I mess something up, I know that the staff with promptly and kindly help me. No recorded voice message, just real live people. This is ProCare's strongest feature!

Pros

ProCare is the heartbeat of managing our center. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have ProCare. Everything from managing our parent accounts to knowing who is at our center is all at a fingertips reach. Any time I need a report on something I simply click a few buttons. There are so many features in ProCare that after 12 years, I still don't know all of them.

Cons

In any software program there will always be better and easier ways to pull up a report or put information into the system. What I like about ProCare is that they are always open to hearing what the user needs and they are constantly making the program easier to use. I wish that ProCare would make it easier to take and put in parent pictures. This is a time consuming process that could be streamlined with a procare camera connected straight to the program.

Procare Review

Pros

I like that the customer support team is so friendly and helpful when I call and have a "dumb" question. They never make me feel like I am dumb! I also like the web support because often I can go on there and get my question answered without calling in!

Cons

We stopped using the time clock because it was too slow. When we have 30 employees clocking in and having to enter 2, 4 -digit codes by the time they were half way through the last half were showing up tardy when they really weren't. We found a system that had one 3 digit code that was much faster.

Karen - We're glad to hear you've found the Support Team so friendly and helpful. According to our records, it looks like you have an older, stylus-based Time Clock from many years ago. We've made significant improvements in this area and now offer a biometric Procare Touch computer for checking in and out with built-in fingerprint recognition. This is a much quicker and more efficient way for families and staff to check in. Or you can simply add a USB fingerprint reader to your existing computer. For details, see: https://www.procaresoftware.com/products-and-services/check-in-solutions-overview/.

User Friendly

I have been a user for 18 years and any problems or questions I have had customer service has assisted me with.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, the different options for filtering data and the best customer service I have ever experienced, included as a user of the program!!

Cons

I do wish the payroll module was less expensive so I would just have one program to use, it is less expensive to stick with quick books.

Pro Care Review

Contacting parents has become easier, tracking payments, receiving payments, tracking attendance, tracking enrollment and registered kids all have become more streamlined and are functioning better. We are still relatively new to ProCare and I'm sure we haven't figured out everything it can do just yet but we are slowly incorporating new things with the parents and staff. Overall we've been satisfied with ProCare and look forward to learning more about the software and its options and functionality in the future.

Pros

Ability of parents to make payments in many different ways. Parent access to own account online, print statements, change info, etc. Front Desk and Financial Office staff all have access to the same system, continuity of data is more accurate.

Cons

Some users have issues with complexity of the software. I do NOT like that we can not refund an ACH through the account, that we have to write a physical check. There are other limits on things that I notice while working but I've found a way around most of them and learn to function with the program as it is designed.

Does its job

Procare offers a lot of organization for childcare providers. However, I believe many of their options are outdated. I get the impression that Procare doesn't always know what their users want.

Pros

Easy to enter, sort, filter information. Makes accepting credit cards and running automatic payments fairly simple.

Cons

-It would be great if reports were more customizable and if you were able to save more than one set of filters for reports -Online accounts for Tuition Express do not update automatically, and payment processing is usually a day behind due to east/west coast differences, which is extremely confusing for payments -With so many family dynamics, it should be easier to offer separate ledger cards for students even with the same payers -Procare does not warn you when it is not connected. You appear to be online and then when trying to do something (like take a payment) you are informed that you are not connected. It takes a good 3-5 minutes to restart the program (there is no option to simply reconnect) which is frustrating when you have a parent waiting.

ProCare

Pros

This is an excellent software that is cloud based so we are able to share information updates quickly and accurately. I like that we can have multiple time clocks that communicate immediately.

Cons

Because we are a small nonprofit we only have so much money - we would like to have more user spaces at a time but don’t feel this extra cost is worth it.

The best product out there.....

Not only does it keep track of billing, but it also can keep child records, staffing, and we now TEXT alert parents, for no additional charge!!

Pros

When starting out as the director, everything was overwhelming - State, USDA, ODJFS, Health Department, Fire code.....This program was AMAZING! Everything to run your program in one simple format! If I ever get confused or can not remember how to do something, the Procare software site is there to help! With not only written directions, but how to videos! We had a virus that wiped out our ENTIRE program (from our side) the Procare team did everything to help me get it back up and running, and suggested the cloud - so it would never happen again. They also called a few weeks out to see if I had any questions, or needed any additional help! Excellent customer service! They are also continually adding new programming that you can add on too!

Cons

Nothing....the option to remote access even at home is amazing to me!

Helpful Product

Pros

This software is very all-encompassing and our business uses it as our main database for tracking student records, tuition billing, employee compensation, etc.

Cons

There are some minor areas that could be improved. It would be helpful to be able to look at two reports at once. It would be nice to be able to customize screens even more personally. There server seems to be under maintenance often (although usually on the weekends at night). You have to pay for particular upgrades.

Don't Forget The Tuition Payment

Overall, we are able to have all families in one place. We disabled parents from making their own payments on line - too many "forgetting" to make their weeky payments. The parents actually like that we process the tuition for them every week. We are in a routine that is comfortable for all. The downside is we have a few families that require multiple forms of payment due to separation and splitting all tuition payments. It would be nice to have the option for each parent to have their own payment page for weekly processing.

Pros

It's easy enough to set up and edit accounts as needed. We use this program for both preschool and secondary. It gets a bit tricky because they are maintained differently, but I am making it work. I can run reports as needed. And sending emails to specific groups is wonderful.

Cons

Again, we use this program for both preschool and secondary. Processing tuition isn't just pushing everyone on a weekly basis -

Best investment I could have ever made for my business

Streamlining my office data reconciliation.

Pros

This software is so intuitive. It has Everything I need to run my business and be able to spend more time in the classroom instead of on my PC. I love the fact the software is set up to purchase only what you need. There is so much to learn however between the amazing youtube channel and customer service you are never without support as you learn to navigate this software and customize it for your...

Reliable, Comprehensive Product

This product has been amazing and customer service/support has been reliable and helpful as I learned the system. The tutorials are fabulous and I would highly recommend the software.

Pros

Payroll through Procare is my favorite feature, but every aspect of the software is amazing. I can track full time enrollment hours, watch from my dashboard my “live” ratios so I can make staffing adjustments as needed. I am able to quickly provide my customers receipts and track data with a variety of forms available to my email through the system.

Cons

The system is so comprehensive that it s difficult to learn all of the aspects. What I use the most was very easy to learn, but I know there is more that I can use - it is just so vast that I don’t have enough time to learn it all.

Great up-to-date software, but AMAZING tech support that makes it ABOVE the rest!!

Ease of tuition collection with Tuition Express options!

Pros

Procare designers understand child care and what is needed in regards to ease of use, reporting, parent access, tuition payments. They are constantly trying to find ways to better their software and seek user suggestions. They are always thinking ahead and looking for ways to make our jobs easier! Any time I've had a question or run into a problem, I have always had a friendly, helpful tech support team member right there ready to assist me. They listen completely to your questions/concerns and work until you feel confident in the result. It's almost like they are our personal cheering squad trying to encourage us to do the best we can and constantly giving us tools to make our more efficient :)

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything I don't like about the program! There has been so much growth in the features that if I had any concern, it has already been addressed, revamped and fixed!

There's no competition when it comes to Kinderlime!

10/10 would recommend. The support and kindness we have received from all Kinderlime staff members has exceeded our expectations. We couldn't be more pleased!

Pros

We unfortunately had to search for a new software program after CCM had a merger and Smartcare was not adequate or a good fit for our program. After a few hours of research and submitting inquiries about various programs, we got a phone call from Akash at Kinderlime. After speaking with him about Kinderlime and what the program had to offer, I was sold! Not only was Kinderlime inclusive of everything...

Cons

I'm not sure there's anything I can say I like "least" about the software. We have been constantly sending suggestions for updates or additional features that we would like to see and have received great feedback on the suggestions. We know that every school is different, but we hope that the suggestions we share could also benefit other schools. We are hoping that some of our suggestions will be developed soon! :)

Procare Review

We use procare to enter all of the family information. We use it to tack payments for childcare services. Within this program we print class rosters, birthday lists, e-mail lists, checklist for attendance and more.

Pros

I like the layout and I like that it is easy to search for support tips when I need them.

Cons

I am not sure what the difference was between procare software and procare cloud. We switched over and pay a monthly fee but nothing changed as far as the use of the program is concerned.

Child Care Owner Review

The ease of payments is terrific! I run programs in 3 separate locations, having auto pay and online payments has made it much easier to collect tuition. I also like that my clients can view their accounts and print off their own receipts.

Pros

I like that my clients can pay online and that we can set up automatic payments. I also like the auto billing feature and the fact that I can see if anyone is behind on payment at a glance.

Cons

The accounting portion, my deposits never coincide with my bank statements. I had to pay my accountant $1000 to figure it out last year. I am having the same issue this year and can not figure out the discrepancy.

Best Daycare Investment!

Overall Experience: AMAZING!

Pros

There are more things than I can list about this software that I love! -for parents: they love being able to check in on their children during the day, it helps them feel a part of their child's day at daycare when they know they can take a peek at the latest activity -administrative: I love that most of my communication, attendance, billing, and note taking is all in one spot! it's also easy to do updates when we are on the go! -for kids: it helps their parents and care provider have smoother communication and therefore, the child is provided with the best care possible -bonus: the customer service is AMAZING! I've never been more satisfied with a company!

Cons

It does have a lot of features, this really is an all in one software. Luckily, I find all of it useful and so I use the whole system. I used to have a calendar app, a sign in station, a billing binder and receipt software, etc., and now it's all in one place.

Procare keeps everything organized and efficient

Pros

Ease of use- I basically played around and learned the software on my own with the use of Procare's video classes. The classes walk you through every step and you can walk along with them using your software at the same time. Customer support is phenominal. They are always at hand and stay with you through the process of handling what ever your question/issue may be. Upgrading is easy as well.

Cons

I wish it was easier to figure out specifically tayloring the way we charge our families to fit the program. For the most part it is in there, but our sytem of charging is unusal .

Shelly - It's great to hear how much the video lessons have helped and about your positive experiences with our support staff. On the billing side, Procare can handle a wide variety of situations from hourly to half/full day, to extra hours and late pickup fees, along with weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly rates. We even write custom formulas, as needed, for unique situations. We'd be happy to review the billing setup with you to ensure things are working in the most efficient way.

Procare's Technical support is wonderful!

Pros

The ease of billing procedures, Tuition Express and Payroll. Procare is also a very user friendly program and the on-line tutorials is an extremely nice tool!

Cons

What I like least is that we lose Technical Support after a certain amount of time. After paying for the product it would be nice if the Technical Support could be offered on an on-going basis. The Technical Support Team does an amazing job and is always extremely polite and easy to work with whenever I encounter a problem. The amount of time spent on hold to reach them is sometimes difficult especially when we are trying to run our programs and do our jobs at the same time.

Teresa - We're so glad your billing procedures and payment processing have been simplified with Procare and Tuition Express. As to Technical Support, it's free and unlimited as long as you maintain a current version of Procare. For Cloud customers, that is automatic as you're always on the latest version. For non-Cloud (locally installed) editions of Procare there is a modest annual update subscription fee.

Procare Software Review

Procare software has provided the management resources for better time management in accounting and administrative tasks. The support team has been excellent in providing training resources, training and troubleshooting.

Pros

Procare makes our childcare center management more effective. The ability to manage staff and family accounts in one place is a huge time saver. The report functions make reporting to our board simple and time effective. With the recent additions of KidReports, tracking and communication has improved.

Cons

The Procare dashboard is not as user-friendly as it could be for certain components and could use a visual graphic update to make the dashboard more modern.

Great Softward

It covers so much. I am able to use the Data Viewer to extract about any information I need; if the reports are already created in Standard Reports

Pros

I worked in Information Technology for Fortune 100 companies. I have worked with lots of purchased software as well as software developed in house. Procare is well written, and well documented.

Cons

When I need to send letters to parents, merging parents names into a document title to their first names (Dear Adam and Eve,) is not simple. We need to expand into a software that more easily does mass text to families. It would be great if Procare had a more simple feature. We will probably use another vendor that only does the texting.

Carol - Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your background. We're glad you've had such a positive experience with Procare. And although Procare does offer letter merge and bulk text message capabilities, we're always interested in ways to make things even better. If you have specific ideas, please let us know at: http://procaresupport.com/contact-procare-support/make-suggestion/

Comprehensive, reliable data management solution for preschools

I've been using Procare for approximately 15 years. It works for us-- I have no plans to change.

Pros

Software is easy to use and relatively intuitive. Love the hosted service-- never have to worry about backups. Love that billing/collections through Tuition Express are completely integrated and reliable. Like the low processing costs of Tuition Express.

Cons

The reporting function could be improved. There are minor issues with reporting (our $ reports include three decimal places)-- and more useful management reporting could be developed. Health record expiration for instance (in Florida we don't need the expiration dates of individual immunizations-- just the overall shot record and the physical exam). Would love to see Procare evolve into a quickbooks replacement. Was interested in Procare Kid Reports to improve customer communication but the Kid Reports team never returned my phone calls. Ended up implementing a competing customer relations software.

Procare Software Review

Pros

ProCare is fairly easy to use. I did not receive any formal training on how to use the program, but I was able to teach myself how to use most functions fairly quickly.

Cons

This is not a deal breaker, but I would have liked to have seen more options for backgrounds on the program, since I like to decorate my desk and classroom according to the seasons.

Holly - We're glad you've found Procare easy to use on your own--although we do offer free setup training to all first time customers to help you get off to a smooth start. Our Client Services Team can arrange that for you as needed at 1-800-338-3884. Also, you have many more options for backgrounds than you might realize. Procare itself has close to 30 standard choices, but you can have Procare match your Windows color scheme, which gives you an even wider variety to choose from. To do so, from the Procare Home screen go to Configuration > User, and uncheck the box that says "use a program skin". Now set Windows to any color you like by going to the Personalization menu and choosing Colors. Hint: Click the Windows Start button and search for "Personalization".

Nothing Compares

I have used Procare since I opened my business. At one point I was trying to switch to another company but during the trial period, I just couldn't. Procare has so much to offer and all in one place. It is exactly what I need to keep communication open, run financials and so much more!

Pros

This software does it all. I love how I know when all my students arrive and depart. I know who dropped off and can easily pull from accounts for automatic withdrawal. All child and staff information are stored in the software to keep it all in one place.

Cons

There is so much that it offers I wish there was an easier way to learn and implement it all. There are videos on the website but still can't seem to catch up with it all!

Hi Courtney, thank you so much for the positive review! We are so glad that you are enjoying Procare at your center. You can visit our support site at https://procaresupport.com/ for tutorial videos, free webinars, help articles and more. And as always, give our support team a call to speak with someone live. We appreciate you as a Procare customer!

it has been good

Pros

I like the overall concept of this software because it helps us to keep our parents and staff up to date as to what is going to in the classrooms.

Cons

when they did all of the upgrades i cannot sign students out from my app on my phone and i dont like the two step part to entering checks i think the check number is enough. I also have had issues with staff not being able to select me at the director when they go to send newletters

Lisa's Lullabies Learning Center- Family Child Care

It is definitely making it easier to be in compliance with Licensing as well as Delaware Stars

Pros

It has definitely helped me manage my daycare operations- sign in/out, billing/payments, family communication, employee timecards, now learning observation and assessment, etc.

Cons

The billing - it would be easier if it would allow me to choose my pay periods with ease being as my parents have different payment schedules. Photo capability- make it easier to share videos/photos with assessors from the state that come in to visit. Should have video capabilities when observing and assessing a child or group of children