Procare Solutions Reviews - Page 5

1,416 reviews

Very Happy Customer for over 2years

I love using this product. I use it daily to communicate with my parents. My parents love it too

Pros

It is seamless and Kinderlime is constantly making updates and upgrades. This software isn't only for large centers. I am a in home child care and I feel the easy and usefulness of this product is outstanding. It really helps reduce time spent on things that I would have to do after hours. A lot of times...I can grab my phone and update a parents account while I am thinking about it. I am excited about the menu enhancement made. I plan to use that weekly. Kindelime is always making great progress. Kinderlime listens as well. I made a suggestion and in a short amount of time they made it happen. Thank you Kinderlime for your constant support of my small business.

Cons

Currently I have no complaints about the software. there are a few glitches at times, but that is understandable.

My Procare Experience

The biggest thing for me is the ease of invoicing and processing payments.

Pros

I can invoice and process payments very easily.

Cons

Need to be able to process more specific detailed reports. Cannot differentiate between a family that is no longer active and one on the waiting list. They are both hidden. I would like the option to put families that no longer attend the ELC in a different category.

Lawanda - We're glad you find it easy to invoice and process payments. As to differentiating between inactive and waiting list families, you can use the enrollment status to mark children as withdrawn or on a wait list, and then filter families based on that. For example, you may choose to include only hidden accounts with children whose enrollment status is wait list. For more information on wait lists, see: http://procaresupport.com/how-do-i-make-a-waiting-list/

Too much information

The biggest advantage to us has been in the billing processes. It holds us accountable for our balances and removes a good bit of human error.

Pros

The amount of center management tools is amazing. I appreciate the access to reports because although I love a paper trail, sometimes in the process of a day I lay things down and they disappear.

Cons

There are too many options that look like they are the same information. I would like to see a customized report list. There are things I have not paid for in my option package and yet I still see the report heading. This causes a lot of unnecessary searching for specific reports only to discover that I don't have access.

Eva - It's great to hear you appreciate the reports! Thanks for your idea of a customized reports list. One tip to finding reports is to click Expand to show them all at once and then press CTRL+F on your keyboard to open a search box. Also, you should not see report headings for modules you haven't purchased. If you're still having that symptom, please contact Tech Support.

Procare Desktop for Procare App review

We have enjoyed it! I no longer have to walk around the school to see who is left at the end of the day! The dashboard tells me which children and staff are still logged in.

Pros

We love the dashboard ("at a glance") as well as the filter options. Parent messaging is great now that it has been privatized.

Cons

The toggle feature of "staff only" when a staff member does an incident report. That should be automatic, not something they should have to remember to touch after each report. The admin should ALWAYS know when an accident or incident happens. My staff does ok to remember, but a lot of times they don't and then we have to dig for the report to print it.

Childcare Facility Review

Overall our experience with Procare has been good. They make the day to day operation of a childcare center a lot easier.

Pros

I like all the data that it provides. It helps us make business decisions and day to day decisions a lot easier.

Cons

I don't like the way Procare and KidReports interact. When a parent signs out a child at the kiosk, it should sign them out in KidReports too. Also, when we add new families, it's frustrating that we either have to wait 24 hours for it to sync with KidReports or message the help desk to do it. That being said, the help desk with KidReports is wonderful!

Great software, great customer support!

Procare is a great tool for tracking tuition payments, generating specific reports detailing transactions or categorical details and the customer service is outstanding once you get through to someone. Definitely recomment Procare for your software needs.

Pros

Procare is very user friendly. The report features allow you to generate almost any kind of report you would ever need. Procare offers a nice online support site that provides answers and video tutorials for many topics and areas of concern. Moreover, their in person customer support is amazing. I have had nothing but pleasant and helpful experiences any time I have called and that weighs heavily in my review of any program.

Cons

Occasionally, a scheduled update will create a different problem that didn't exist before. Other times, when the system goes down, it can take a considerable amount of time to get the problem solved and then entering staff and student's times manually is very time consuming.

Awesome App for my daycare

I love this software it helps me keep parents notified without having to print stuff out for them. They are loving it and like seeing when the child naps and etc in their notifications throughout the day.

Pros

Love the sign in feature for parents and the reports that I can print with their signatures... the billing that goes directly to parents, the newsletters that I can create. Overall just a great application to keep parents informed of their child's day, meals, billing for childcare and etc all in one place.

Cons

occasional glitch where signatures don't print but they usually fix it right away and its back up and running.

Procare Review

Procare was a replacement product for us after our old program was discontinued. It is a more robust program, but in some ways, we have found the transition somewhat difficult. Our old program had a much easier system for reports and providing us with the data we needed. We have also found Procare challenging with all of the different areas you must go to in order to enroll or disenroll a child. It is easy to miss a step. Compared to other programs we reviewed, we found Procare to the best choice, however it is definitely quite a bit more expensive.

Pros

The ability to synchronize payments with accounts and the number of reports available.

Cons

Some reports are cumbersome and it can be difficult finding a report that does exactly what you need it to do.

Mostly satisfied

Pros

I do like that I can access Procare from a remote location. The reports are easy to read and most of the tiers that we have are user friendly.

Cons

If you do not use Procare from the beginning it is very hard to set up mid stream. I have been trying to use the accounting aspect of Procare with not a great deal of luck. Also would be nice if Procare was compatible with Quickbooks cloud version. I am finding myself double entering. One other thing that we do not like is that Procare does not offer us the option to add Portfolios for the children. There are many programs in the daycare field that do offer this option.

Exceptionally valuable tool!

I love the option of finger print or clock in numbers. This is nice because some people do not care for remembering numbers all the time. It has helped with people signing in and out.

Pros

I love the ease of using this program! They put you and your centers needs first and always are helpful in guiding you through problems that may occur. The Pro Care program is an exceptionally organized system and I am so glad we chose this program!!

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about this program. I love the timeclock feature of either having

Procare Review

My overall experience with the Procare Software has been good. There has been the occasional updates and moments where the system was down, but not often enough where it's been a major concern.

Pros

I started playing around with the system more, learning new functions. I really enjoy using the mass communication function the most. It makes things more convenient for me. Many of the staff members and a few of the parents also enjoyed seeing the messages on the Procare screen.

Cons

The biggest con of the software is it's ease of use. I'm still learning and trying to figure out some of the available functions of the software. My biggest struggle I'm currently having is trying to figure out how I can display each child and teacher's schedule on the screen so it's easily seen at first glance. I'm also trying to figure out how I can set up the software to automatically charge the parents for late pick ups. I am unsure if the code I created is correct.

Procare in a nutshell

Overall I think it has great ideas but it needs to be more user friendly or "dumb proof" having to double click on certain things to view billing or data took a while to train other people.

Pros

-you can generate tons of reports with data entered -check in kiosk can make payments and check in and out. -automated billing

Cons

-adding a child's schedule if its not 5 days is a lengthy process. - always updating when moving kids to new classrooms -features aren't user friendly.

Hi Bailey - we're glad to hear you like the reports, check-in kiosk and automated billing. We will have one of our Training Specialists get in touch with you about moving children to new classrooms and setting up schedules, including how templates can be set for any number of days. Thank you so much for your feedback.

My Time is Valuable

I'm able to pull my wait list quickly. I use it for scheduling and printing rosters. I love that I can track benefits for teachers, as well.

Pros

Changing over to Procare saved me so much time with billing. What took me 4-5 hours to do before Procare now takes me less than 15 minutes. (and that's only because I like to triple check myself)

Cons

There's so many functions that they software does that I'm always feeling like I'm probably missing out on something that I just don't know yet, but I'm learning.

Best software program we use!

We have had an outstanding experience from the start. The sales person took the time to help me figure out how I could utilize the program in the best way for our situation (we are not a childcare facility so our utilization is unique). Technical support is always available and has resolved every problem we've encountered or questions we've had quickly. It's very evident that their staff has in depth knowledge not only about the

Pros

We mainly use the program for attendance tracking and collecting payments and they provide outstanding features for both functions. I also can't say enough about the support. If you have questions or run into a situation you're not sure how to handle they are quickly resolved by talking with a live person (my preference) or by e-mail. Their support staff is outstanding and patient (not that I've asked any dumb questions :)!

Cons

There are so many reports that it can be hard to find the exact one I want.

overall good!

Pros

Billing and keeping track of timesheets for children and our employees. The email system is great. I do use some of the reports for our parents too, they are nice, but a little confusing to figure out which one you need.

Cons

We seem to have alot of 'fingerprint' issues. We set them up and it works for a day or two, then stops. Some parents have to be re-registered several times. Sometimes we end up giving them a code. Not great consistency with the check in station. It is also very hard to make changes in a child's account for days/hour during the year.

Laurie - It's great that you find the billing and timesheet features so helpful. As to fingerprint issues that should not be something that happens on an on-going basis. We'll have someone from our support team reach out to you for troubleshooting.

Complete Management and user friendly!

Awesome program and when new programs have come out I do a comparison and Procare always comes out on top for ease of use and cost.

Pros

Easy to use, lot of different reports, manages all aspects from collecting hours to tracking payments. I have checked out about 6 different programs and find Procare the most intuitive to use. I have used Procare at two centers for about 18 years. Other programs have additional fee's and charge for customer service. Help is always available, very friendly, fairly local (Next state over), and I love being able to sign in from anywhere on the cloud and know all my data is backed up!!!

Cons

Financially some reports are cumbersome and hard to cross reference.

Katrina - It's nice to hear how easy to use Procare is for you and that it always comes out on top! As to reports, there are many from which to choose and we're happy to help you find those that best meet your needs so you can be sure to compare apples to apples.

ProCare Desktop Streamlines my Day

I love Procare and any time we have any kind of issue I can contact support and get immediate personal help. They really go out of their way to make sure you know how to use the software and that you get your moneys worth.

Pros

Procare allows you to run an endless variety of reports for every need. When my [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ask for information whether it is regarding enrollment, teacher training, or finances I can quickly gather all the info I need. I love that I am able to track all of our enrollment info, contact info for staff and families, and vendor info all in one place. Billing is simple and email has allowed us to go paperless for invoicing. I also love that I can print checks for staff or to pay for necessities in minutes.

Cons

Some parts of the software feel dated but it is constantly being updated and new things added and I feel eventually all features will feel more current.

Great.

Pros

The variety of tools that are available with one software program. Technical support and Training is very helpful. Question: Why was Early Care, Child Care or Education not listed under Industry? We would be open to making suggestions on ease of use.

Cons

Exporting reports would be easier if excel could be used. It would be great if the Attendance software would automatically reset if parents forget to 'check out their children before the start of a new day.

LOVE IT!

We had an old director who we found out was taking the money and this program was purchased not long after I took over the director job to help prevent the altering of records and know what was owed and how and when fees were paid. It works wonderfully for that goal and it has been great to help keep accurate records.

Pros

I love that this program helps me to do my paperwork side much faster and the auditors love it when they come to check records.

Cons

I have noticed that some tasks are multiple steps and maybe don't need to be. It would be nice if there was a place to save the documents or process that you use the most to make them faster.

Slight Learning Curve, But Overall Easy to Use

Overall, we are happy with Procare Software. We did not have the greatest experience with the sales team, after they made the sale though. That has been the biggest negative to the overall Procare experience.

Pros

There is a slight learning curve with this software, but once you understand how to do everything, it is a very easy software to work with. Their customer service is also phenomenal, along with their online FAQs.

Cons

There are sometimes convoluted ways to do certain things... i.e. you need to go through quite a few steps to get to one simple report.

Procare Software

Overall I have really enjoyed working with procare. I wish that there was an easier way for me to access Procare at home on my MacBook. It has made our daycare more efficient and easier for parents to access.

Pros

Procare has made billing and keeping track of daycare attendance so much easier. Instead of taking three hours to complete weekly billing, I am able to more accurately finish it in less than 20 minutes. Parents are able to more easily check their child in and out. Teachers are also more easily able to keep track of who is present and who is absent that day.

Cons

Some parents have difficulties using the fingerprint machines in the classrooms to check their child in and out. Only being able to use the software on a PC computer can be a hassle, especially when Macs are what most employees own and use.

childcare management

The Tuition Express part. I bill on Monday and debit on Tuesday and money is in the account the next day. It has taken all the accounting away from me and frees me up. It is wonderful. Parents love it and they also can access their account.

Pros

I love that I can now debit weekly from all the parent's account. I do not have to worry about people paying, posting and doing deposits. The Tuition Express part of this software is great.

Cons

I really like our old software better. It was easy to access birthday reports and do permission slips. I just feel it is very complicated to access information. We actually are still imputing the child's name and birthday in our old software so we can get the reports we need. Wish we could get the data on Procare.

We use Procare at our Child Care Center

The ease of use

Pros

I love the ease of the Sign in/out process. Once parents and approved adults are fingerprinted, we know they are approved to pick up kids. I love it that once parents sign in, I can generate several reports for by CEO.

Cons

Sometimes the Cloud starts running slowly during peak times. Everyday between 3 & 4 the system begins running slowly. Also, the fingerprint reader is very sensitive. Some parents fingerprints can't be read.

Marcia ¿ We¿re pleased to hear how much the fingerprint check-in has simplified your process. As to the Cloud, that should be an unusual, rather than a daily, occurrence. That said, we are in the process of making significant upgrades to our server facility to enhance capacity and connectivity. Also, there is always a small percentage the population (around 5%) who may have issues with fingerprint recognition¿in those cases a PIN+password option is available. A new model of fingerprint reader will be available soon that may also increase recognition.

We love Procare because with our line of work we need something reliable and easy to use.

Pros

We love how easy it is to use and that new things are being added all the time. We know that there are also functions that we haven't even begun to use! I also love the ease of way they can take control of the computer and trouble shoot for me being that I am a little computer illiterate.

Cons

The wait on the phone for technical support is very long. With our busy atmosphere it's hard to sit on hold for an hour at a time and then work with someone on fixing the problems. It's a good thing that we don't have to do it often!

Nicole - Thank you for your comments on Procare's ease of use and sharing your positive experience of working with our Support Team. As to reaching support, hold times do vary, but you may find it convenient to send an online request--you can even specify when you¿d like a call back, if a call is needed, and our Support Team will do their best to accommodate your request. Visit http://procaresupport.com/contact-procare-support/

Procare Software makes my life easier!

Procare Software has been a great experience from the training process of first setting up our center, to the technical support that is provided as needed all the way to the incredible reports we can access as we use the program each day.

Pros

My favorite thing about Procare Software is that it's features directly relate to childcare issues. I like that I can see at my fingertips the days and times that children attend. I also like the variety of schedules that can be set up for children/families. Billing has been a great improvement to what we use to use. I now can charge weekly or monthly and each family can be billed according to their specific usage of days and times. There are also sibling and employee discounts that can be set up by dollar amounts or by percentages. No longer do I need to tract parents down to pay, we set it up that every dollar comes out automatically through credit card or checking account.

Cons

The biggest con that we have found is that we can not project what we will be bringing in at a date in the future.