Procare Solutions Reviews - Page 6

1,416 reviews

Practical and easy to use

We use Procare to administer our families database and accounting.

Pros

I love the functionality of this software and how practical it is. The reports also come very handy.

Cons

We can't see from the preview if the numbers listed for the parents or guardians are cell phones or work numbers. I have to double click on the family name to be able to see it.

Hollison Smith Lesson Planning/ App in class user Review

I really enjoy using kinderlime. Its super easy user friendly. I do think it has features not working often, but I think that is a bit expected because there are so many people using it. I like it much better than the app that my daughters center uses, which they use brightwheel.

Pros

I can do everything to run my classroom and keep the parents involved with every movement their child makes.

Cons

Lesson planning is a struggle. Putting some kind of time slot in so you can search a time and bring up all the plans created for that time would help make things move faster. I feel like I am always scrolling or looking at a previous plan in order to keep a repetitive schedule that Im being slowed down a lot. I also feel that at times I run too fast for the system.Once I get started on inputting the lessons created im like click click click click and i have to pause for like 15 seconds between each click because the box at the bottom is taking forever to tell me that it was added, which I can clearly see because Im looking right at it.

Great software for the money

I use this program for payroll and monitoring child attendance. The payroll time cards are extremely easy to use with QuickBooks. I export the weekly child attendance to Excel to reconcile with manual forms to verify their accuracy for CACFP (food program)

Pros

It is extremely accurate and has an enormous set of features that I am still learning to use. It is relatively easy for someone like me who has a good working knowledge of computer work, but am not anywhere close to being a computer geek. The customer support has been very good in the times they were needed.

Cons

Customer support is needed about 2-3 times per year to get the software working. Sometimes, it takes a long time (over 30 minutes) to get a live person online. However, once a CSR is connected, they are very polite and get the problem fixed. Hardware issue: some people have a problem with their finger image so we are having to set them up with other fingers. We tell them to rub behind their ears for natural oils to improve the image on the platen but there are some people who continue to have problems.

I couldn't do my job without it!

It continues to change and improve over the years. Each time I have had to call for tech support, usually because of a strange Windows update, they are amazing. It is worth every penny. It was one of the first things I did as a Director in a new program.

Pros

Procare organizes what I need to do in a fast and easy way. it has everything I need to accomplish right there for me in one software and I am able to get my office work done in one easy management program for my entire program. The desk top screen was wonderful when I worked in a larger school and now that I am in a smaller school where I am the Accountant, Director, and everything in between - I couldn't do it without this software.

Cons

It is not always easy for small programs to afford but you can select and add on services if you needed. Getting it approved and passes through spending boards is not easy but worth it.

All Encompassing Program

Overall has been great! I walked into the director position where they were still doing everything on paper including all their accounting and CACFP requirements so it's been a huge time saver. I come from a paperless office environment so I love the all encompassing range of this product and keeping everything electronic..

Pros

There are a lot of things that I like most about this software ranging from the accounting, meal tracking, family data, the reports and the electronic record keeping. The part that distinguished Procare when choosing software was the meal tracking for CACFP. I think though that I love the reports and the accounting functions the most.

Cons

I least like that you have to run a report for your bank register. This should be a separate screen where you can manually add transactions (instead of going to each vendor) and should have the ability to import from your online banking profile. To click a button and automatically see my bank balance and to add 20 transactions from one screen would be really useful.

Procare

Excellent company when I have had an issue they are right there to help you. Would not use any other system

Pros

A very user friendly system. Has programs for everything. Love the fact I can have just one system for all my child care needs, including doing payroll

Cons

I initial cost of the program. Buying each module separate was expensive but worth it in the end.

Highly recommend software for childcare management

I appreciate that ProCare is receptive to questions and suggestions.

Pros

I like that ProCare meets our childcare management technology needs across many avenues; Child/family information / attendance tracking / billing / tuition collection on-line & in-person as well as automatic / the new parent engagement app is amazing

Cons

I wish I knew more about the program during our original set-up. Continued use of the program has helped me to learn more about it and I now wish I had done some things differently at set up. That's the only negative thing I can think of.

So user friendly

Very great software, can do as much tracking as you set it up to do or a little as you want to do.

Pros

It's so user friendly and simple to operate.

Cons

Some of the reporting. But I was able to customize what I needed.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Excellent. We have a large daycare in the UK and want to launch it there. Please program for the British market and I will not only trial for you but actively promote. I have lots of contacts, who could also market on their websites.

Pros

Convenience, Ease of use, excellent customer service.

Cons

Not being able to deactivate accounts before 45 days activity has passed, especially for VPK students who leave but them you don't get paid for 4 weeks after and only then does the clock start. Not being able to block delete lines, and having to individually remove. Was forced to be non the telephone with tech support for approx 90 minutes due to this feature not being available

Lack of response to needs

I have been a Procare client since the days of Turbo whatever that was, migrated through all the upgrades with you guys, but now I am considering other management software options

Pros

Stable platform, extensive data collection

Cons

Depth of menus, takes too long to drill down through menus to find what is needed; Lack of response to some basic and simple report requests, like a 7 day aging report for agency accounts; rigidity of options under corporate accounts (inability to treat them as separate entiries for data storage, etc.)

Nelson - We're pleased to say the 7-day aging report for agency accounts is now available in our latest release (link below) along with other new and enhanced reports. We continue to add features based on suggestions from our broad range of customers. As always, we appreciate your input and continued support. http://procaresupport.com/2019-2/

Benji solved my problem and helped me through other processes

My experience with Procare support today was an extremely pleasant experience. Benji was cheerful & easy to communicate with & solved my issue, helping me through some recent concerns. He guided me precisely & with patience. I was extremely satisfied. I was recently placed in as interim director & this was my first ever need to contact Procare. I was so glad it was as painless and pleasant an experience as I could have hoped for. He tried to help me with an additional issue (left over/long term entries that needed taken care of once and for all). He felt he needed to refer me to another support tech. Other than a longer than I hoped for wait with that transfer I was directed through resolution of that problem by an

Pros

with practice it is easy to get fluent and navigate

Cons

the time it takes to learn some of the processes, the book keeping format is sometimes a challenge for me. As I work within it longer, I am understanding it better

Procare has the ultimate ECE & Daycare Software

My entire program runs smoothly because of this software- start to finish it can do everything I need to run not only a school but the entire business. From enrollment to payroll and expenses, you're covered!

Pros

You can customize everything to exactly your program's needs and only pay for the services you actually need. The customer service is incredible- they are always available to assist you, are extremely knowledgeable, and efficient.

Cons

The ability to customize can be overwhelming at first because you almost have too much control, but with time learning the program you realize you really needed that ability. The KidReports app is a great idea, but isn't easy to use yet. I'm hopeful with time that the app will continue to be updated.

Great product!

Absolutely love it! We share with many other providers how ProCare has helped our programs.

Pros

We absolutely love that ProCare has revolutionized how we operate. We no longer have a large balance owed from families, we have streamlined payroll efforts, collaborated with therapy service providers for reporting requirements, and so much more!

Cons

The only thing I’d change would be the ability to run reports for all of the programs under an Administrator’s login. For example, we have four programs. I have to log into each center’s side of my account in order to get to payroll reports... It would be easier if we could select each program we wanted reports & info for, and be able to capture all in one report.

Changed my Life

I no longer have to calculate hours by hand, add up time cards by hand, process many many credit cards twice a month by hand, call each parent personally and stay in the phone for many minutes, print invoices for parents/clients, the list goes on and on!

Pros

I love that I can see each teacher and child in each class. I love that the billing is all done through Kinderlime and for me. I love that Kinderlime calculates all of my before and after school kids. I love that I can pull reports on anyone that has gone over hours or just pull the monthly hours of the children. I love that my teachers can clock in and out and the hours can be pulled however I...

Cons

So far I love everything about Kinderlime!

Procare User Review

Overall we are happy with the system.

Pros

I like the ease of the onboarding for new clients. We no longer have to type everything in and worry about errors like we needed to with other child care software. The ledger and accounting system is easy to use and we LOVE that parents can pay their tuition from anywhere by logging in the running a credit card. They can also access ledgers and tax statements which created less work, meaning more time for us to work on our program rather then working in the office.

Cons

There is not a way to apply security deposits into the future. We also wish there was a report of daily attendees by age. Parents are not able to add another child on their own, we have to do that. The support is spotty with extremely long wait times. The videos are hard to navigate or find. Videos should be accessible within the area on the software that you are needing help in.

Great help website

This allows me to easily track my students attendance and their tuition. It is easy to see where we are over or under staffed and create solutions to my staffing problems.

Pros

I love the amount of reports that can be generated with just a couple of clicks. There are actually so many of them that I sometimes can't find the one I need. However, that is not a problem because I just go to the Procare website and search for what I am looking for and the site has step by step directions and sometimes videos of where and how to get what I am looking for.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to find the report I need. The names are not always intuitive. I also would like to be able to tweak the reports a little or export them to a format I could easily change. When I export to Excel the formatting sometimes is wonky.

We love using Procare to allow us to organize and keep track of our student and parent data.

Pros

Procare customer service is top notch! They are friendly, professional and always help solve any issues we have. They are quick to respond and knowledgeable. We also benefit from the time saving record keeping.

Cons

Procare does not have a way to monitor or assist with our wait list. Adding a feature like this would help us keep our school full and allow us to be more helpful to parents wishing to enroll their children in our school.

Lori - Thank you for sharing how Procare helps you organize and track student and parent information. You may also find the online registration feature of MyProcare helpful in managing your wait list. You can choose to import children as enrolled or put them on your wait list. You¿ll be pleased to know those features are already included with your Procare Cloud account. We'd be happy to talk with you about how to set it up for your situation.

Wonderful Child Care Software

Running the floor is so much more simple now that we can see which children are checked in and teachers are on the floor. Parent and state invoices/payments are also much easier to track. Procare has given us more control over the administration and running of the Center.

Pros

This software makes managing our Center so much easier. Procare helps you manage ratios at a glance, review accounts receivable, track payments from State Agencies, and manage staff hours and schedules.

Cons

I would like to see a function or report that tells you when certain deadlines are approaching: expiring child medicals, alert when children are approaching an age where they should be changing age groups/classrooms, etc. Currently, you have to go in and run a report or look at each child to see an alert. These need to pop-up in a section of the dashboard.

Great app for the daycare

I have enjoyed it and have been using it for years. I do wish it was slightly cheaper as it is hard to fit in the budget but i do find it saves us time so keep finding ways to make it work

Pros

It made sending information home with parents much faster and easier to file for future reference. Much less paper used and time writing down the information we require

Cons

I would love to see caps for children based on hours. As we have a license that only allows 40 hours a month. So if the parent and care centre could be notified that they are approaching their 40 hours and then tell them when they no longer have hours that would be very helpful

Happy Customer!

Pros

I love how easy it is to communicate daily activities to families. I am happy being able to send invoices and yearly statements to families and how Kinderlime keeps track making life a lot easier. The Newsletter templates are a bonus too! :-)

Cons

While I appreciate that the Kinderlime program is forever growing and adding to the software, I find that some key aspects are being missed. For example, in the old program an automatic email of a receipt was sent to the families when an invoice was paid, now it is not (even though I was told by "Help" that it was). Also now I am unable to edit/add to a preset item on the invoice process which I was able to do previously. These are both frustrating as it was available before all the recent updates.

Best investment I've made in my business.

I've been a Procare customer since 2002. In all the years I've used them, I can't rave enough on their customer service!!! They are a 10 star!! They are always right on top of any problem I have (which I can count on less than 2 hands because it's such a great program) and went above and beyond to get my problems solved VERY quickly. Having an all in one system, family data-payments-staffing etc makes my job easier and leaves me more time to do the important stuff..working ON my business!! Thank you Procare for such a wonderful product!!

Pros

All in one system

Cons

Very rarely, but when we have an outage it makes life hard because it is an all in one system.

Procare Software a Key Contributor to Our Success

We opened our Child Care business with Procare Software, and although we recognize the benefits of being able to get information we need through simple operations, we have not used any other software.

Pros

We initiated our business with the use of Procare Software 9 years ago. We have incorporated key programs and upgrades over this same period. We love Procare's unique Child Care Program Software because it is designed specifically for this purpose and makes our coordination and consolidation of information and data much easier. We can develop and print reports timely and with ease.

Cons

I am still working on designing reports for specific purposes, such as a report with Employee Codes only. Have not been able to develop this simple list of information.

I really like Procare it makes my daily life much easier.

Pros

Organizes the information that we require on families and who is in the building is wonderful. The program is overall easy to use.

Cons

The information that you enter on family members does not just go to each member you need to reenter the information. Address, phone numbers. When entering immunizations there should be a more convenient way to add multiple immunizations with the same date.

Hello Patti ¿ We¿re so glad to hear that Procare makes your daily life easier. As to your suggestions, we recommend using the built-in copy/paste feature to copy address and phone info from one person to another (shown in the video on this page http://procaresupport.com/account-family-information/). And, as far as immunizations go, we agree¿ providing a more convenient way to record multiple immunizations that occurred on the same day is on our list of enhancements for the future. We really appreciate your feedback.

Procare makes your business run smoother.

Support has been great but learning how to maneuver in the program.

Pros

1. The ability to transfer historical data from previous software to Procare 2. Tuition Express is a great feature. It collects fees and saves time by automatically posting to accounts. 3. Dash Board: easy to observe the day to day operation. 4. Cloud base 5. Kid Reports

Cons

1. Difficulty finding certain items. 2. The pricing for all of the additional items. 3. Pricing for number of people on at one time. 4. Historical data staying active. Maybe “hidden” but still affects data if money is owed.

ProCare Software for Child Care Center

I love that I can go back and look at different reports for both families and staff. I would say this is one of the most beneficial parts of ProCare. It is also nice to get real time information on when children and teachers are signed into the facility.

Pros

There are lots of great reports on the procare system and it does a great job collecting information. I also like that I can keep accurate records for attendance, tuition, and other notes and information.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to find the exact report I might be looking for whether it is because it does not exist or it is just tricky to find.