Procare Solutions Reviews - Page 7

1,440 reviews

Happy Customer!

Pros

I love how easy it is to communicate daily activities to families. I am happy being able to send invoices and yearly statements to families and how Kinderlime keeps track making life a lot easier. The Newsletter templates are a bonus too! :-)

Cons

While I appreciate that the Kinderlime program is forever growing and adding to the software, I find that some key aspects are being missed. For example, in the old program an automatic email of a receipt was sent to the families when an invoice was paid, now it is not (even though I was told by "Help" that it was). Also now I am unable to edit/add to a preset item on the invoice process which I was able to do previously. These are both frustrating as it was available before all the recent updates.

Best investment I've made in my business.

I've been a Procare customer since 2002. In all the years I've used them, I can't rave enough on their customer service!!! They are a 10 star!! They are always right on top of any problem I have (which I can count on less than 2 hands because it's such a great program) and went above and beyond to get my problems solved VERY quickly. Having an all in one system, family data-payments-staffing etc makes my job easier and leaves me more time to do the important stuff..working ON my business!! Thank you Procare for such a wonderful product!!

Pros

All in one system

Cons

Very rarely, but when we have an outage it makes life hard because it is an all in one system.

Procare Software a Key Contributor to Our Success

We opened our Child Care business with Procare Software, and although we recognize the benefits of being able to get information we need through simple operations, we have not used any other software.

Pros

We initiated our business with the use of Procare Software 9 years ago. We have incorporated key programs and upgrades over this same period. We love Procare's unique Child Care Program Software because it is designed specifically for this purpose and makes our coordination and consolidation of information and data much easier. We can develop and print reports timely and with ease.

Cons

I am still working on designing reports for specific purposes, such as a report with Employee Codes only. Have not been able to develop this simple list of information.

I really like Procare it makes my daily life much easier.

Pros

Organizes the information that we require on families and who is in the building is wonderful. The program is overall easy to use.

Cons

The information that you enter on family members does not just go to each member you need to reenter the information. Address, phone numbers. When entering immunizations there should be a more convenient way to add multiple immunizations with the same date.

Hello Patti ¿ We¿re so glad to hear that Procare makes your daily life easier. As to your suggestions, we recommend using the built-in copy/paste feature to copy address and phone info from one person to another (shown in the video on this page http://procaresupport.com/account-family-information/). And, as far as immunizations go, we agree¿ providing a more convenient way to record multiple immunizations that occurred on the same day is on our list of enhancements for the future. We really appreciate your feedback.

Procare makes your business run smoother.

Support has been great but learning how to maneuver in the program.

Pros

1. The ability to transfer historical data from previous software to Procare 2. Tuition Express is a great feature. It collects fees and saves time by automatically posting to accounts. 3. Dash Board: easy to observe the day to day operation. 4. Cloud base 5. Kid Reports

Cons

1. Difficulty finding certain items. 2. The pricing for all of the additional items. 3. Pricing for number of people on at one time. 4. Historical data staying active. Maybe “hidden” but still affects data if money is owed.

ProCare Software for Child Care Center

I love that I can go back and look at different reports for both families and staff. I would say this is one of the most beneficial parts of ProCare. It is also nice to get real time information on when children and teachers are signed into the facility.

Pros

There are lots of great reports on the procare system and it does a great job collecting information. I also like that I can keep accurate records for attendance, tuition, and other notes and information.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to find the exact report I might be looking for whether it is because it does not exist or it is just tricky to find.

I am always appreciative of their willingness to help even though we utilize MacBooks/Parallels.

Pros

The software is so user friendly and adaptable to a Before & After School program. It was not developed for older kids or a after school program but you can easily modify.

Cons

I wish it was more accessible from a iPad and that you could check employees in & out along with children on the iPad.

Tanya - Thank you for your kind review of Procare. We really appreciate your feedback. Procare does offer options for all types of tablets. First, Procare Web Apps can be used to check children in and access emergency contact information. Second, our partnership with KidReports gives you access to the leading classroom management and parent engagement tool built specifically for iPad, Android and Fire tablets. Investigate these links to learn more. http://procaresoftware.com/products-and-services/services/procare-cloud/web-apps/ http://procaresoftware.com/products-and-services/services/partnered-services/kidreports/

The customer service cant be beat!

I have used Procare since 2004. We couldn't do without it!

Pros

I would not be able to handle the immense recordkeeping if not for Procare! I especially love the billing features that allow me to bill weekly, monthly or daily. I also have a billing function for 3rd party agencies. All selected accounts are billed with just a couple of clicks. Takes less than a minute! Now that we are using Tuition Express we are also enjoying the time savings of making deposits and tracking payments.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve for those with limited computer knowledge but thankfully there's a webinar for that. If this doesn't help, the customer service is amazing. I have been able to contact Procare about anything and they are always friendly and knowledgeable.

Procare Tuition Express Review

I am the director of a childcare/preschool/before & after school care program with approx. 260 children on our campus each day. We started using TE to collect our tuition/fees about 4.5 months ago and it has been a huge asset. We did not offer a choice to our families, their only form of payment has to be through a bank account, credit card or debit card. They must have one of the three on file....

Pros

The time that it saves our staff, the time it saves running to the bank and paperwork for multiple deposits. The convenience for the families and our staff. The dependability of receiving payments more consistently. It forces families to make childcare a priority.

Cons

It can be confusing reconciling with our accountant at the end of the month because our reports at month end do not always align exactly with our bank statement. Often tweaking needs to be done and dealing with bank account insufficient fund transactions can be confusing as well.

Child Care Software Management

The software is very user friendly and can be used for an agency like ours that operates multiple locations. The customer service has been terrific!

Pros

Helps ensure tuition is paid on time- charged correctly, collected in a timely fashion, recorded accurately, etc. Children's and employee's files are electronic and in one place for state licensing purposes, NAEYC accreditation, etc. Management can quickly check attendance, tuition balances, snack and meal counts by category for USDA reimbursement etc. Procare allows us to set up a variety of tuition rates, subsidy amounts, and discounts.

Cons

What I like least about Procare is that there is not a local team that can come on site to provide training/assistance.

Pros

What I like most is that this software is very easy to use and I am always finding new ways to pull up a report. Reports are very detailed and can be specific to your needs.

Cons

I have no ran into any problems as of yet.

Procare Software Needs to Listen to its Users Needs

Procare has done a good job at bringing a great deal of the industries requirements together in one software application. Lots of organizations try and build there own system by using commercial off the shelf tools BUT PROCARE brings all that effort to one program.

Pros

Cloud base app. Done a great job delivering a cloud based application out of the gate A+

Cons

Touch screen device H/W issues have not been addressed in YEARS. Having to work around the issue for years is unsettling every time it happens and clunky to get stood back up.. Basic functionality capabilities that have been mulling around for years never get addressed. Example adding a Report that would provide "Emergency Card" information by classroom is a necessary feature in any environment and it doesn't exist from data viewer either. Best solution would be to create an API to your database because all the Family related Emerg Card details are spread across a number of tables... Trying to use MySQL to gather what we need.

Absolutely Perfect!

Excellent. We have used Procare Desktop for over 10 years. While we have talked with other companies about their products, we keep coming back to Procare because it is so helpful!

Pros

Not only is the software very user friendly, but the training and customer support is exceptional. The program is extremely helpful to organize and customize to track and monitor most of our enrollment needs.

Cons

Nothing really, maybe customizable forms for families to fill out enrollment packets online on the required licensing paperwork. Really there are a lot of features we are still learning about and excited to implement!

Great product

Procare is the brain of my daycare business. I use it to manage families, kids and billing/collection, as well as staff records.

Pros

It has a lot of features. It can do almost everything I need.

Cons

Support is good but difficult. Every time I have to call for support, the waiting line is over 30 min. Also, the price of hardware like check-in devices or card readers are higher than the average market.

Miguel - Thanks for sharing that Procare is the "brain" of your business; that's such a great phrase! As to support, call volumes do vary, but often later in the day (after 2:00 p.m. Pacific) it's easier to get through--and you can submit a help request online (link below). Regarding hardware, you may use any computer that meets Procare¿s system requirements as a check-in station. Hope that helps, and thanks again for your feedback. http://procaresupport.com/contact-procare-support/technical-support/

We've been using ProCare for decades!

We could and would not run our center efficiently without ProCare. It is woven into all of our day to day operations, and truly makes our jobs easier. I cannot say enough great things about ProCare!

Pros

ProCare is the most comprehensive software in our industry. They allow us to keep track of attendance, billing, family information, and employee information. ProCare truly allows us to run our center efficiently, and safely. With the cloud based software we no longer have to keep everything on a hard drive, and we can work from anywhere!!

Cons

There is a learning curve to using this software. Because it IS so comprehensive; there are a lot of functions to learn. Each part of the program communicates with the other so there can be little nuances of data entry that you have to learn.

A day in the life with procare

I have tried many software programs and none compare to what I am using now. Thank you PROCARE!

Pros

I really enjoy having all the necessary reports and components to run my facility in one place, whether at home or at the job.

Cons

No issues. All have worked well for me

The best application out there

I have that it's on a cloud. I love that it's a one stop shop for all of our needs.

Pros

Functional and Easy to Use. GREAT customer support.

Cons

Parents are easily confused by the statement. The App or mobile check-in is a work in progress.

Software that Works

But our overall experience has been great and we went through the big conversion maybe five or six years ago maybe five or six years ago.. We plan on staying with it as we continue to grow..

Pros

We've been using the softwareWe've been using the software for 13 years now for 13 years now it is continued to expand it is continued to expand and grow based off of the needs based off of the needs of their clients.. That's one of the things I like the most about ProCare they have grown along with us..

Cons

Some of the negativeSome of the negative experiences we have had have been with the timeclock have been with the timeclock and the biometric not working and or not being able to work along with the software upgrades so we have been through three or four check inbox in 13 years in.

Procare for private school

Overall , Procare has improved efficiency for my tasks personally and has been an asset for our customers as well.

Pros

Procare makes billing and receiving payments efficient, streamlined and thorough. It also is provides easy means of communicating with accounts as well as allowing accounts their own personal access to their ledger history.

Cons

Some of the report format features are a little restricted but with only one exception I've been able to customize data myself on the data viewer. The wait for representative service over the phone is always a bit long , but not much longer than any other (800) service number. 9/10 times I've called customer service the representatives have been kind, helpful, and thorough. The 1 time must have been someone having a bad day.

Great product, experience glitches

Pros

I love the ability to track hours, attendance and run reports all in one place for staff and students.

Cons

We’ve dealt with a fair amount of glitches with the system. I am not an administrator so it’s diffidlt to say the source. I dislike that the program only allows two sign in’s at a time. With multiple classrooms using this, it’s diffixlt to manage with this restriction.

Molly - It's great to hear you love the ability to track hours for students and staff. As to being limited to two users signed in at once, that is based on the number of seats your center currently has--additional seats may be added at any time by contacting our customer service team. And, we're not aware of any on-going issues, but if you are still experiencing what you refer to as glitches, please let tech support know so we can help resolve whatever the issue may be.

Procare for Childcare

Procare is very helpful with things like keeping track of billing and checking children in and out. It does occasionally have issues running but normally it resolves within about half an hour. Overall I would recommend this software.

Pros

Procare is easy to use. It has many different functions like keeping track of billing and what kids are checked in or out.

Cons

Seems like every couple of weeks it has problems with freezing especially during busy pick up times.

Kayla - We're glad to hear you find Procare easy to use and that it helps you keep track of billing and the check-in status of children. As to slowness at busy pickup times, we've recently added additional servers to our Procare Cloud service to improve the check-in experience and overall performance of using Procare on the Cloud. If you are still experiencing issues, please give our Support Team a call for assistance.

Software Management System

Overall we have been satisfied and are glad we made the switch several years ago.

Pros

Procare is pretty user-friendly we have been able to figure out most things by just using the software. If we do have trouble with something or need to know how something works we use the training resources available. If we can't find a resource or need additional help the customer support has been great!

Cons

I would say what I would like to see the most improvement would be the number of report templates available or the ability to manipulate the data more to make custom reports. Also, it would be nice to have a more interactive experience with the check-in kiosk for families.

More efficient

I use to do all the bills by hand that took all day and now with this system it is quicker and more professional looking and it only takes me 2-3 hours to do billing for 100 families. It is so easy to put up reports now.

Pros

It is quick and easy for doing my billing for my program. I am able to input new students in with ease. calculating the billing for each family is easy. If my name titles do not match what is already in the system then I can add my own title for it.

Cons

What I like least is that I can't take a family off of procare after they age out. I have students who are 16 years and older that I am unable to take off. i bought the software to use the tuition express but I was unable to utilise it due to the upper management changing their mind. So I was out this money.

The Best Decision

My overall experience has been excellent with Kinderlime. My response time to my questions have be great and the customer service has been nothing less than attentive even at off times during the day.

Pros

Everything needed to manage my daycare. Ease of communicating with parents and caregivers. All in one billing, marketing and lead management. Great customer service and awesome response time (and I have had questions pop in my head at 2am...lol).

Cons

The only cons I have would be not having the calendar usable on my desktop. It's only usable on mobile devices. Not having multiple online lead forms as far as inquiry, registration and waitlist forms. I have to adjust my forms throughout the year to accommodate the needs. Inquiry forms are less detailed but registration form requires more information. Therefore a parent inquiring would be hesitant to complete a more detailed form.

Procare Endorsement

We use the software for the day-to-day operations of our center and have been using this software for over twenty-five years. As technology advances, so does the Procare software. If we have ever needed support, it was always provided, usually with a quick response. We have been and are pleased with the advances Procare has made and is making.

Pros

This software is very user-friendly. This is one of the features we were looking for when testing the different software for the child care/preschool industry.

Cons

We are unable to customize some of the reports which are available - and there are a lot!