Procare Solutions Reviews - Page 9

1,442 reviews

Excellent Product! Excellent Service!

We have been loyal Procare customers and that will never change. We have always received excellent service from everyone at Procare. Procare software saves our company time and money. It has been a blessing for both our business and our customers. It is the one aspect of our business that I don't stress about. I tell new people all the time that they will be amazed at what all Procare can do for...

Pros

I how much time and money it saves me and how easy it is to use.

Procare Software

Procare allows our small business to function easily by keeping so much information together in one program.

Pros

Procare Software has so much to offer! I can easily do billing for families, time cards for staff, and keep track of important child information by just using one program. While the many features can be a bit overwhelming and/or complicated at first, the tech support team is always so helpful whenever I need some guidance.

Cons

The many features can be bit a tricky to maneuver in; sometimes it takes multiple steps to get to what you need. Contacting tech support can mean waiting on hold for a while, but they are always able to answer my question(s).

Helpful tool but could use some improvements

The desktop version works, but I wish it could be paired with other programs easier. For example, LifeCubby.

Pros

The data collection hub and ease of running reports is easy to run and get used to using. They also help you by back loading some information for you.

Cons

It's hard to get a response sometimes when you need help. I have been asking for a template to be created for CACFP program menus now for over a year and I can't get a response.

Hi Jeni, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying Procare at your center. Our account management team will be in touch with you in regards to the CACFP reports you've been requesting. We look forward to working with you in resolving your issue. Thanks!

Procare is Great

Communication is always a challenge in business and Procare alleviates much of this for us.

Pros

We have used Procare as a desktop and now as a cloud based management program for our Child Care Centers more than 10 years. It has proven to be reliable and secure. The data base allows us to view both family information and family accounting in real time at multiple locations. The cloud base allows off-site management. Tuition Express decreases employee work time and is accurate. We have always found the technical assistance to be excellent.

Cons

We have at times "lost" data but that was in the earlier history of the cloud based program. Prsently the greatest CON is the expense.

Procare for Preschool

Pros

We really enjoy using Procare on a daily basis. We are able to track attendance for both children and teachers, run reports, and track immunizations and other relevant info that pertains to our program. The system allows for easy access for families into the hallway, while still keeping our children safe.

Cons

It can sometimes be difficult to work with customer support - if you call early morning when they first open, you can get through pretty quickly, but if you call in the middle of the day/late afternoon, you'll be in the queue for quite a while. Once you get through though, the support staff is very helpful, patient, and willing to find answers to questions.

Offers More Than You Think

Pros

I'm still impressed by how customizable Procare Software is and how it fits our MANY different needs as two separate operating centers with completely different programs. If you don't think Procare can do something for you, from scheduling to custom billing to tracking to reports, chances are you just don't know where to look.

Cons

The fact that we spent years using Procare without knowing exactly what was offered and how to access certain features was a bummer. The software isn't perfectly intuitive and it's still sometimes challenging to get exactly the right report you need. But I guess a little complication is a fair trade off for ultimate customizability.

Has made such a difference in running my preschool

Pros

The ability to bill parents seamlessly, mass text message families, tuition express and credit card payments, tracking expenses and P&L statements, management of my wait list, parent check in computer etc

Cons

We would like a parent portal with daily sheets, so parents can see how their little ones are doing at school. This is being rolled out soon!

Hello Paige ¿ Thanks for your great feedback. We¿re glad Procare helps you in so many ways. Please check out our parent portal, called MyProcare. You can learn about it on our site under products and services. MyProcare is available for parents to make payments, print statements, schedule their children, update basic information, and more. In the future we¿ll be adding other features, like daily sheets, photos and videos too!

Procare Pros/Cons

Procare has saved me hours and hours of time as well as added precision to our program. We currently do not have all of the options(Procare cloud, etc) But hope to advance to add those options as cost allows.

Pros

Saves me a lot of time as everything is at my finger tips! Looking up hours, printing reports for both client accounts as well as financials. The ease of tuition express, card payments, etc has saved me lots of time inputting payments.

Cons

Updates are not automatic and can be missed. We have been using Procare for nearly 20 years and have been very satisfied however with new technology it seems many "new" updates and add ons have a higher cost to them whereas before it was just an annual update.

Prior to Dec-16 we were completely paper-based. With 150 students it was not manageable.

We went from completely paper-based to electronic in less than a week with a student body of 160. In prior years, the manual calculations and billing were not tracked electronically which lead to difficulty with so much, including providing annual childcare fees and payments for HSA reimbursements. Having this information at the parents' fingertips has saved so much time for our school. As a non-profit, our "employees" are not paid. Typically these wonderful volunteers are busy moms that provide this service.

Pros

Although we have a difficult fee structure, it is still far more accountable to download the data, add our fee structure and then import the charges. I love the online access for statements and invoices. This puts the power in the parent's hands to access the data they need when they need it.

Cons

1.) I really don't like the inability to upload non-electronic payments. 2.) The reporting needs a bit of fine-tuning to be able to pull data based on various ID types (family, student, KL). 3.) We'd like to be able to apply discounts for multi-child families with the billing feature.

Easy

Ease of use.

Pros

Very easy to use. Helps keep track of family billing.

Cons

Wish product was a little more updated/modern

ProCare Review

We use PorCare for record keeping, billing and checking children in and out of the building. Overall, it works well.

Pros

I like that we are able to do a lot of our own edits and adjustments to certain reports, categories, etc.

Cons

That it is not intuitive. Sometimes something seems to obvious and it is not a feature. For example - with CheckIn, instead of having parents come up with their own user id and passcode (only numerical) ProCare should just assign those to them. It would save us so much time.

Shelly - We're glad you like being able to easily edit and make adjustments. As to check-in codes, they are intentially chosen by each parent (rather than automatically assigned) for security reasons, so that only the parent knows their codes.

Great product!

Overall, I enjoy using Procare. We are currently looking into the KidReport feature to see if it is something that our center would benefit from. I would encourage daycares to use this software because of the ease of use and reliability.

Pros

I love the ease of tracking students that are clocked into the center. It also allows me to track things like vaccinations and even add our own requirements such as re-signing paperwork. I also like the schedule feature so it automatically moves children to the rooms that are needed.

Cons

Unfortunately, the software can glitch and need to be restarted. Customer service can sometimes be hard to get a hold of, but it is only when there is a huge outage/problem.

Procare Review

Overall I am happy with the software. It is reliable and consistent. Phone help with Tuition Express is easy and quick. Help with the Procare business software, typically is not available and requires much of my time to figure it out myself.

Pros

It tracks all the required information for childcare. It is easy to use for billing. I like the addition of Tuition Express. It is also east to look up prior, no longer attending, families or children.

Cons

Reports are not easy to pull up. Basic reports are fine, more specific reports are difficult and sometimes not possible. I also used the older version of Procare. I found the previous version much more user friendly, especially when pulling up specific reports.

A good starter tool for running an efficient childcare facility.

It helps you organize your business in a more efficient way.

Pros

Procare does a great job at helping organize your business from all the kids and families you have enrolled, to helping you with billing. There are so many tools within the program that help you efficiently run your day to day tasks. Through Procare we were also able to track attendance by allowing our parents to check the children in and out, which was very helpful.

Cons

It can be a very complicated system and I often needed help through customer support. The program would malfunction or go through upgrades and that was very frustrating when trying to run a business.

Stephanie ¿ We appreciate your candid feedback. Our training team and support staff are always here to assist with setup and use¿and troubleshooting any issues you may have. We¿re not aware of any recent issues; please let us know how we can help.

ProCare Review for Child Care

Overall, it has helped with time sheets and is a consistent database for basic information about children that we share administratively. We have not liked the Food Program component and have chosen not to use the Tuition Express, since all of our Accounts Receivable is in QuikBooks, which works well for us. This also means double work, when we thought it would reduce our workload. The immunization information is fabulous, as we need to do annual reports for the State and this can be done with the click of a button.

Pros

We like the Time Card reports and the Immunization Reports work pretty well.

Cons

It is really clunky to use. For example, if we want to change a time in/out, we have to do three different strokes: the hours, the minutes or a.m./p.m. This is time consuming. We purchased the Food Program component, but because it doesn't separate children in different classrooms, we don't use it. ProCare is not compatible with Teaching Strategies Gold, which is our curriculum and assessment...

Lori - We're glad to hear you like the time card and immunization reports. As to the Food Program component (known as Meal Tracker) you may record meal counts and sort/filter by classroom. Regarding Teaching Strategies Gold, the ability to record state standards is part of our KidReports app and currently available for 22 states (although not yet for Maine). As for demographics and enrollment dates, there are various ways this information may be tracked. We'll have someone from our team reach out to talk through the best approach for your situation.

Procare user

So far I like what we have been using

Pros

We are not using all that this product offers at this time. We are using the billing and credit card feature at this time. As we get a handle we will move along through all the features that are available. the billing feature is great I push a button to run all the families that we require to have credit cards on file is so easy push a few buttons schedule the processing day and thats it. Sends a receipt with what will be processed and the another notification of the completed batch. I can not wait to get into all the other features!

Cons

i wish it would allow more than one credit card to be stored. We have many families that pay with Mom one week Dad the next ect... I know that a parent can go online to do a payment with a different card but we like to control when and how the payments are done. Also we do not like that there are so many different log ins example for tuition express and the procare connect

Denise, thanks for the great review! We are excited to hear that you are starting to take advantage of all the amazing features our product offers.

Procare is a "no brainer" choice

Excellent and fairly painless collection of tuition via Tuition Express. Great record maintenance with a variety of reports available. Easy learning curve for accountants for tax prep and financials who usually wanna default to quickbooks.

Pros

Variety of robust and comprehensive reports for every application

Cons

Down time and crashes. Maybe grew too fast, not sure diagnosis. Frustration with "freezes"

Great product to meet our management and infor.ation needs across the board.

Pros

User friendly, good information. Technical support team is amazing and very patient. Good report options.

Cons

Occasional disconnects. Inability to automatically process billing. Inability to prevent time clock manipulation.

Verna - Thanks for your kind words about our support team and how well Procare meets all your management needs. The occasional disconnects you mention could be an indication of trouble on your local area (non-Cloud) network and is something our support team can help troubleshoot. As to an inability to process billing or prevent time clock manipulation, those are also things we can help with... especially setting user limits to prevent people from making changes to time card entries (and there¿s an audit trail to show any changes that were made).

One Step Closer to Ideal

I am very grateful. We have made many strides forward with the help of Procare.

Pros

We love the accessibility and real time updates. Procare customer service and tech assistance is EXCELLENT!

Cons

We need to offer the public an option to register and pay for our wait list through our preschool website. Procare only allows customers already added to the database to make payments online. I wish there was “guest” type user option where I could include a link on our website. I have expressed my concern, however it doesn’t look like changes will come any time soon. Procare’s only option is...

Never an issue

I love this software and I will continue to use it the rest of my years running my home based child care. It’s not just for centers!

Pros

This software is a time saver with billing and collecting payments. Literally 10 minutes a week.

Cons

I at times have to look up how to do something such as setting budget dates and so on.

Kid reports

We have been using Procare for 10 yrs we love it all.

Pros

The tech support is amazing. You can always talk to someone, and resolve the issue.

Cons

How kids reports works with Procare. And how kids reports tech support doesn’t live up to procares st andards. The fact is that Procare is allowing other companies to come in and take there customer because they are shopping for a different program for kids reports.3

Erik - We are really sorry to hear you've had trouble reaching KidReports support. Our records show the team has been in regular contact to help address any questions you have had. The KidReports team has also noted various custom requests. Please be assured your suggestions have been noted and are under consideration.

Overly impressed and thankful for our Procare system and support

It has been incredibly positive. I have been with UTC Children's Center for 30 years! I do not know how we got by without this up to when we purchased it 5-6 years ago.

Pros

It is so user friendly! Unbelievably so. When our coordinator told us that it was easy to use she was not lying! Customer support is awesome! If I have to leave an email message or voice message I can be assured my question/issue will be handled the same day.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the time out feature. I do understand that security is very important these days. It is just something you get used to!!

Jacqueline, thanks for the amazing review have a great day!

Using only one Feature of Kinderlime

Pros

It appears state-of-the art when parents are checking in/out their child on the phone or computer. Previously, we had used paper daily to sign the students out.

Cons

1. This software does not allow us to turn off some features that we do not use like the Billing. An amount accumulates through the school year. When I tried clearing their balances, notifications were sent out to parents. This alarms the parents because of an unexpected invoice. We use a different program for billing parents. 2. The report to Export ALL students, Parents and authorized pickups...

My Procare Experience

It helped to keep track of staff time cards, and enrollment.

Pros

You can add features as needed. Some of the functions are easy to navigate. I

Cons

When the new version came out the transfer was not easy. That set me back and I’m still trying to figure out how to remove or delete accounts.

Afaeze - It's great that Procare helps you keep track of your staff time cards and enrollment. Regarding a new version, it appears you mean upgrading from Procare version 9 to v10. It looks like our training team was able to work with you recently to help get things sorted out. As to removing old accounts, in most cases you'll simply mark them as hidden to keep their data for historical purposes. This article may help: http://procaresupport.com/remove-delete-a-family/

Procare review

Its reliable and easy to use with a few exceptions.

Pros

The basics are user friendly! It can encompass your entire business.

Cons

Online waiting list is confusing and hard to understand.