All categories

K-12 software for educational institutions and webmasters

SafeShare.tv Reviews

1,703 reviews

SafeShare Review

Overall, I enjoy using SafeShare and I will continue to use it as it is a valuable resource to have in a classroom. I've recommended it to teachers at my school and they loved it too!

Pros

I liked how easy it was to use the most. I never had an issue with the site finding the video I wanted to share or with it not removing any of those unwanted ads or video suggestions at the end.

Cons

There were a few times that I had a video I wanted to play and it would just keep buffering. Then when I went directly to YouTube it would play fine.

Using SafeShare

Good.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of upload and link sharing.

Cons

Very strict with contents. However, I understand. My science class videos did not qualify.

A teacher must-have

I submitted a site for un-blocking and received a prompt and thorough reply.

Pros

I don’t know about your students, but mine get distracted by ANYTHING. Safeshare lets them focus on the video being presented rather than distracting ads and nonsense.

Cons

I’m a teacher. I have no budget. I’d like more space, but I’m grateful I can have a little for free!

Great for a classroom

Overall, I will continue to use safe share.TV in the classroom.

Pros

I like this product because I was allowed to show videos to the children in the classroom without any ads appropriate or not appropriate for school-age children

Cons

I’m really on able to say if they were any cans or what I like least about this program. I was very pleased with it

Safe share is the way to go!

Pros

Safe share allows me to feel comfortable sharing pieces from the internet - mostly video clips - without worrying about inappropriate advertisements or video suggestions popping up.

Cons

Sometimes links don't work in safe share, but that might not be a safe share problem and instead something about the site where the link comes from.

Great for Teachers

Overall, SafeShare has been a worthwhile investment for my classroom as it allows me to show students video examples. It easy to use and saves me time.

Pros

Allows me to show students videos from YouTube at school, affordable for teachers

Cons

Sometimes site is down when I need to use it during the school day, some videos I try to turn into SafeShares are marked as having "offensive content" even though there isn't any offensive content and can't be turned into videos (example: I had a classical piece of music marked as "offensive")

Disappointed

Terrible. Biggest mistake was getting a membership. Best decision was when I cancelled & stopped using QR codes!!

Pros

I enjoyed creating codes when there wasn’t a membership. I wasted my money paying for my codes when they ALL stopped working. I really liked cancelling this service that didn’t work.

Cons

I had to update over 500 codes when SafeShare changed their site. Even when I did ALL the updates the codes were still not working & I continued to have multiple problems scanning them. I finally had to get rid of all of them. When it was free to create codes it was easy and user friendly. I wish I never created QR codes on this site. I Would never recommend SafeShare to anyone in education. I wasted money on SafeShare. :( DO NOT buy any membership here!

Get Rid of Unwanted Ads

I realize that this extra step ensures safe viewing for my students and also when I share videos with the entire staff.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is that it helps guarantee what we view is safe. No more ad pop-ups and unexpected videos playing next.

Cons

There are limited occasions when it won't allow me to create a "safe share" link. I haven't been able to determine the cause.

no embarrassing moments!

Pros

My favorite function of using Safe Share is that when I am showing a video to my students, there are no moments of discomfort when an inappropriate ad or suggested video comes up after the video is over.

Cons

Some of my videos I tried to upload were not accepted into the system. The limit to the number of videos in my cache.

A must for the video-infused classroom

I'm allowing children to watch videos from YouTube and other providers without the distractions and worries that go along with it.

Pros

I love that it makes watching videos safe in the classroom. No more ads, inappropriate reviews, or bad language.

Cons

There is actually nothing I don't like about this software. The first number of videos you convert are free, too!

No more ads from YouTube!

Pros

I love that I can have peace of mind when showing a clip from YouTube to my 4th grade kiddos. The ads and suggested videos that come up while using YouTube are often not school appropriate, so this program has been wonderful!

Cons

What I like least about SafeShare.tv is that I have to pay in order to save very many videos.

love safeshare!

Pros

the element that I liked most about safeshare is the fact that it is really easy to use and get around. the layout of the website is simple and to the point and it is accessible to anyone. everyone should be able to use it successfully.

Cons

the thing that I liked least about the software is that sometimes when I search something, the image doesnt usually show up so I'm not able to see what video I want to click on and watch. it doesnt happen all the time, just some of the time.

Safety first!

I love it! Students can safely see the content I need to share with them!

Pros

I love using this software to safely share my YouTube videos with my students. Instead of letting them loose on YouTube, I have control of what content they experience.

Cons

There was one day that their server was down, so I had to use another method to share my videos.

AMAZING Resource

I love this site! I used it within my own home and continued to share it with my peers.

Pros

I loved to using SafeShare within my classroom. I never worried about my students being exposed to negative context, that could have been on other websites.

Cons

There was nothing that I didn’t like about this website!

Great Way To Protect Students

It’s been fabulous and trusting for when I do presentations. I don’t have to worry about embarrassing or inappropriate content pooping into my presentations for students, families and staff.

Pros

I love that I can find relevant links and videos and remove unwanted or inappropriate advertisements before sharing with families.

Cons

I didn’t have any problems or concerns.

Great tool for Educators!

I love using SafeShare.tv in my classroom. We us it almost daily to watch YouTube videos that are ad free. Sometimes the ads on YouTube are distracting or inappropriate for 1st graders and this allows my class to view videos that enhance our learning and keeps us engaged and connected to the material we are learning. I would definitely recommend SafeShare.tv to any teacher looking for a way to safely view YouTube videos in your classroom.

Pros

Easy to use Safe for the classroom Watch YouTube videos ad free!

Cons

No cons yet! If there were any, the pros definitely outweigh them.

Safe Share

Happy with it, allows me to preview my choices first.

Pros

Easy fro picking movement choices for students

Cons

That i can only pick 20 songs per e-mail

SafeShare.tv is a great resource for teachers

I love using SafeShare.tv and recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros

I can share videos with my students without worrying about distracting pop-ups or inappropriate content. I also have the ability to clip the video to just what I want them to see. This is a fantastic resource for the classroom!

Cons

I'm not sure there are any cons for me. So far, it has suited my purposes.

Safe Educational Videos

SafeShare.tv has been very useful for years! It’s very easy to use and very convenient for use with in the classroom.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the fact that it prevents harmful or inappropriate ads from interrupting when streaming videos online.

Cons

I would like to have multiple links for multiple videos accessible at the same time.

Great!!

Great for classroom use! I love it makes learning safe and fun.

Pros

I love how easy to use it is and I know that I am providing my students with a safe learning environment when using Safeshare.

Cons

There really isn’t anything I dislike rather that I would love if it was free for classroom teachers.

Great product!

It really helped me get information to my students that I wouldn’t have been able to since YouTube is blocked on their devices. It was a lifesaver.

Pros

I liked the ability to send students videos without having to use YouTube. YouTube is actually blocked on our students’ ipads, so this is the best way to get videos to them. I used it mostly to post audio versions of the books we were reading.

Cons

It was a little hard for me to figure out how to post videos at first. After the learning curve I was fine.

SafeShare.tv in My Classroom

My overall experience has been great! Removing all the clutter around the videos has been a wonderful thing for my classroom! However, I do not have sufficient budget to keep using it. I would have to approach my school to see if they can fund it, if I wish to start using it again:-(

Pros

I like being able to select a portion of the video to show my students.

Cons

I do not like having to pay now. I can no longer afford to use it.

Teacher Review

Overwhelmingly positive

Pros

I love being able to safely share videos in the classroom

Cons

It isn’t easy to quickly access your saved views

What's best for elementary students

There is no other app like SafeShare that I know of. It is easy to use and makes videos appropriate to show to elementary students by eliminating ads. I was terribly disappointed that you have started charging after a limited amount of uses.

Pros

I love that SafeShare eliminates ads from videos. For elementary students, the ads are distracting and sometimes inappropriate. SafeShare makes showing pertinent videos to students a great part of the school curriculum.

Cons

Teachers and Librarians have very small budgets at the elementary level. Curtailing the use of SafeShare by only allowing a limited amount of uses of this product for free is disappointing to all teachers who add SafeShare videos to their curriculum.

Excellent Educational Tool

Pros

As a teacher, it is crucial to be able to share links with students without having to worry about inappropriate ads that can distract students and take away from the impact of the material you are sharing with the class. Whether you are showing content to the whole class or having students access it individually on devices, I would highly recommend using Safe Share every time.

Cons

I wish that it were easier to use closed captioning with Safe Share videos.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.