All categories

K-12 software for educational institutions and webmasters

SafeShare.tv Reviews

1,703 reviews

Great tool for teachers

There are so many great video resources on YouTube that enhance classroom lessons. Teachers create and use videos to appeal to their visual learners. However, YouTube is an unreliable platform for young learners. The advertisements and video recommendations that come on the screen can be distracting and inappropriate. SafeShare removes those obstacles. Without SafeShare, I would not be able to use many valuable video resources I have found over the years.

Pros

Cons

I don’t have any problems or issues with SafeShare.

Safeshare makes using videos worry free

Overall, I love safe share. I used the free version for a year or so and then decided to subscribe. It is an investment in my teaching that is worth it! I would recommend it to a teacher who wants to incorporate more video clips into teaching without the worry.

Pros

Safeshare makes it very easy to download YouTube videos and create videos where you do not have to worry about what pops up at the end or ads in the middle. I like how I can save my safe views for easy access at another time. Whether you pay so you can have unlimited safe share videos or use the limited free version, it is a great product and I am very quick to recommend it to my colleagues.

Cons

I wish I could organize my safe shares by subject without having to create playlists. I like to upload links to the videos in Google Classroom and I do;t always want my students to watch the entire playlist. I also wish I could use safe share for TeacherTube and other things.

Videos made easy

As a kindergarten teacher I use SafeShare to edit my videos and create playlists for easy accessibility. I appreciate being able to access my videos from anywhere, the ability to add to or edit as needed, and that adds and suggested videos are eliminated (as opposed to on YouTube).

Pros

I like that I can edit the videos to my students’ educational needs. I like that I can create playlists for easy access and organization.

Cons

There are occasional glitches with building, adding to, and editing playlists. Additionally, the ability to search videos within the SafeShare community is not straightforward.

Amazing Tech Tool for Elementary

My experience has been nothing but positive and I personally use this tool on a daily basis. I highly recommend for every educator to use tool when sharing a video with students, especially at the elementary level.

Pros

SafeShare.tv enables my elementary students to view videos I select in a safe environment. I also love that it’s intuitive for educators to use and it’s compatible with Seesaw.

Cons

I guess the only downfall would be the free version has very limited space to store videos for future reference. I wish educators could get more space to save their videos.

Bravo!

I greatly appreciate your customer service!

Pros

I am most impressed with technological -user friendliness of this program. I am easily able to create and organize my video content dialed in for my presentation purposes and without the unnecessary or inappropriate distraction that may occur while using other video playback platforms. I also appreciate the filter system built in place which is best for review of appropriate content. I teach religion and at times need to present what might appear to be controversial content but in the long run, I am able to email the customer service with timely response for my "false-negatives". This is truly worth every penny and slight set-back for me...what is best for the common good is most important. Well done team safeshare!

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to locate my safeshares within the playlists.

SafeShare Review

Overall, SafeShare has completely changed the way my classroom presents videos and how technology is used in my classroom. I love having it and tell all of my fellow teachers about it!

Pros

I used SafeShare to pre-load many videos that were used in my classroom. This helped me to filter out anything that would cause my students to lose focus or be exposed to things that they should not be. I loved being able to have it ready which allowed me to make sure my technology would run more smoothly.

Cons

I would say, the only con would be the amount of uploads you could have at once. Unfortunately, this impacted my classroom when i had to spend extra time deleting old SafeShares in order to post new ones.

I love the product, but...

I have always had a positive experience with the product for well over 7 years!

Pros

I love that it eliminates all distractions, pop-ups, ads, etc. But wow, it's hard to get a group to use the same account even after paying the group rate, and it's impossible to get customer service to respond to your inquiries.

Wonderful tool

I love this software and use it all the time. My students are spared from wasteful ads that many times are inappropriate for them.

Pros

As a teacher I use it to block out ads, and avoid my students from being distracted and clicking on side videos.

Cons

Pricing is a problem. You are only allowed 20 videos on a free account. My school will not pay for it so I am stuck paying for it. I think there should be exceptions for teachers. We don’t make enough as it is and have to pay for something that would make my lessons better.

Keep kids safe the easy way

It is really hard to find good educational video content. As a teacher I need to protect my young students from inappropriate video content. Some videos have great content however sometimes ads and other links are not appropriate for my students. Safeshare tv allows me to show appropriate videos to my students without having to worry about inappropriate ads or links that will lead them to other videos I have not vetted yet. It is a Quick way to share content with students that will allow me to teach the standards but yet allow safety for my students.

Pros

I like that I can easily take videos and quickly remove ads, buttons, and links to other sites by simply pasting link into safeshare website.

Cons

That to make more than a few videos you have to purchase a subscription

Great tool for teachers

It’s also great to save videos you’d like to return to at a later time or use all of the time. I use it for quiet music in my classroom.

Pros

Safe, distraction- and ad- free way to display videos or share videos via a link. Students can focus on a video instead of everything else on the screen that they’d normally see on YouTube (let’s face it- there’s plenty of distracting and inappropriate content there!)

Cons

Requires frequent sign-in when I use it daily in my classroom and don’t need to waste time signing in daily.

A+

My primary use of this site is to create clean copies of YouTube videos to show my students. I love that the site is easy to use and creates a copy of the video that will be shown without additional ads popping up that be not be appropriate for my students to see.

Pros

It’s easy to use. It gives me a “clean” copy of a video to show my students without having to go on YouTube and risk something something inappropriate popping up. I can edit the stop and start point on a video.

Cons

I have nothing that I dislike about this software at this time.

Worth it!

Used for many years as a teacher and knew it was worth the money to purchase. I have over 100 videos cleaned and ready to use throughout the year with my students. It takes away the unknowing anxiety of what could pop up.

Pros

I love that this software takes away questionable and unpredictable content from any videos I need. It is also fairly easy to link these videos for future use.

Cons

Trying to navigate all of your videos is a bit difficult. They don't always pop up in the most recent order, but there is a search function for this.

Super Helpful!

Pros

One of the things I enjoy about using SafeShare is that I don't have to worry about inappropriate ads popping up and that no inappropriate videos will be allowed. I can have the videos needed throughout the day ready to go.

Cons

There were times where the videos would have loaded but would not play. That became very frustrating when I was trying to keep my lesson going but the video would not load. However, when I did need to contact support, the issue was resolved.

SafeShare.tv in the Classroom

Pros

As a middle school math teacher, I find SafeShare.tv to be a wonderful tool that I use quite often. I find videos that are wonderful to help teach my students to understand concepts we are learning and I find that safeshare is the best way to share those videos with my students! I can find a video on YouTube and show it using safeshare so I don’t have to worry about ads popping up that may be inappropriate for a school setting and I can easily find my videos that I have saved. Also, I like that if I find a video but don’t want to keep the whole thing, I enjoy the features that allow me to crop the video just to what I need. That’s how I use safeshare the most often and have found that it’s incredibly beneficial to me as a teacher!

Cons

I currently have not run into in issues so far.

Safe for Students

I cannot show videos in my classroom without a filter like SafeShare. The content within some videos, the inappropriate ads, videos coming up one after another, make it nearly impossible for me to use in my classroom. SafeShare allows me to find those unique videos without all the mess that comes with them.

Pros

The ease of copying and pasting a link is what I like most about SafeShare.tv. It's easy and quick to upload a video from the internet and it scans the clip making sure the content is safe for my students. In addition, I don't have to worry about other videos on the same screen or a new one popping up.

Cons

I am only allowed 20 safe shares. I have to constantly delete videos in order to make room for a new one. In addition, once and only once was a video rejected. However, I did not find anything inappropriate.

Great service

Overall, great. It could be a little more intuitive and I'd love more free capabilities for schools. I've recommended it to parents and coworkers alike. I'm so glad I found safeshare through another teacher!

Pros

I absolutely love that I can have a video from youtube ready to show my students without having tow worry about something inappropriate showing up.

Cons

The cost if you want to do/have anything but a very minimal experience using it. It's a little "clunky"-not always the steps I would expect to take to use it.

SafeShare.tv in the classroom

I love SafeShare.tv and use it on a daily basis in my classroom and I think it is very easy to use.

Pros

It is FREE of charge for the most part. It allows my students to watch educational video clips from youtube without inappropriate ads popping up. I am able to have a playlist which makes it easy to plan my videos ahead of time and easy to find them.

Cons

As a teacher I am always looking for products that are FREE of charge and the only con is that there is a cap on the number of videos I can have.

Beneficial but Not Affordable

Pros

This product has been beneficial in exposing my students to educational videos & clips without the fear of inappropriate media sneaking its way into the classroom.

Cons

I have been using this product since it was free and continued to use it in the limited free access that has since been available. As a classroom teacher in a Title I school, I would have to pay out of pocket for this resource so I was forced to use only the free option. While it is nice, I found myself having to switch out videos on my dashboard due to lack of space. I have since found free options that I use in the classroom that allow for more flexibility.

Best way to keep students safe while watching video clips

I have used SafeShare.tv to safely show video clips to students as part of my classroom instruction for the past 5 years.

Pros

I like the ease of use to copy the URL from a YouTube video and paste it into the SafeShare.tv site.

Cons

There is now a limit of 10 videos you can upload without paying for a subscription. If you want to upload more videos without paying, you have to delete some of the older videos you have saved.

Music Teacher Review

I love it! It takes the stress out of questionable material popping up. I use it every day and it is such an important part of my teaching that I paid out of my own pocket for the premium version.

Pros

What I like most about this product is that I can have my students watch a video without the fear of questionable ads or other video suggestions popping up.

Cons

Nothing, really. I guess if I had to be picky, I wish I could categorize the playlists better. It just isn't as user friendly as it could be.

Perfect for Keeping Students Protected!

Pros

It is extremely easy to create safe videos for my students to view, whether I upload from YouTube or from my own video creations. I like the fact that all adds are removed and I do not have to worry about what "suggestions" may come up for future videos to watch or a "suggested" video starting to play after the completion of my targeted video.

Cons

The best improved to the site that I can make is how my videos are organized. I would like the ability to design my own method of organization; such as, folders. Since I teach, I would prefer the ability to create folders I can label for specific units of study. I have so many videos created that at times it is difficult to sift through all of them to find my targeted video. Folders I can title and move around would be an awesome feature to add.

Disappointed Teacher

I will continue using SafeShare so that the ads on YouTube do not become a distraction/inappropriate problem in my 4th grade classroom. It saves me so much headache! Unfortunately, to do this at no cost I will have to constantly be deleting videos from my SafeShare dashboard (which means I'll have to recreate the wheel and go find them on YouTube when I want to use them again).

Pros

I have absolutely LOVED using SafeShare in my 4th grade classroom for the past couple of years. The main reason that I use it is to eliminate ads on YouTube videos - which are often inappropriate for my 4th graders and can be very distracting.

Cons

I was very disappointed when SafeShare put a limit on how many videos you can have on your dashboard for free. As a teacher, I am not willing to pay to use SafeShare, which means I have to constantly be deleting videos from my account to add new ones.

Great Product But Can't Justify Paying For It

I love using your product and would definitely continue to do so if it were free.

Pros

Its simplicity and reliability are fantastic. The ability to scrub videos to lengthen and shorten is very helpful. Blocking the upcoming videos from view is another great feature.

Cons

Unfortunately, having to pay for it made it unusable for me. I couldn't justify asking my administration for money to pay for it when I could "edit" YouTube videos by hitting play/pause.

SafeShare tv Use in School

Pros

Using safeShare tv allows me to safely share educational you tube videos with my students without them seeing anything else except the video - no ads, distractions, inappropriate material. I use it daily for a movement song brain break or educational song.

Cons

In the playlists the videos automatically play one right after the other. I would like to put my videos in playlists and use that function without the continual play

Safe viewing for Kindergarten

I love Safeshare and have used it for many years for use in kindergarten through to grade three classrooms!

Pros

Safeshare makes viewing videos commercial free for classroom use. It’s the best way to show video clips to young learners. I use it every day!

Cons

There are times it gets glitches. When creating a new one , It can get stuck and not play. Once generated it’s awesome. It could be a glitch on our school network or with Safeshare. I’m not sure.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.