All categories

K-12 software for educational institutions and webmasters

SafeShare.tv Reviews

1,703 reviews

Safe Share is great!

Pros

I like the fact that I can use YouTube videos to incorporate in my lessons with my students.

Cons

There are times where the video clip I want to use safeshare won’t make it because of “offensive content.” I’ve tripled checked and there was nothing inappropriate about the video I wanted to convert to safe share.

Great for the classroom

Safeshare is so easy to use and works well with teaching my 4th grade class. I never have to worry about weird or Inappropriate pop ups or commercials either!

Pros

I love how I can use videos in a safe way for my classroom without Having to worry about inappropriate content or pop ups.

Cons

There are some limits on how many you can use In a month.

Forced to use but converted believer now

My division went to it and we were forced to use. I resisted because it seemed like just one more hoop to jump through but now I really love it.

Pros

Obviously, the removing ads feature is the best part of this, but I’d say the fact that they are no longer distracting is great. My division wanted it so students wouldn’t be subject to marketing, but I just think it helps keep their interest.

Cons

The cost. I don’t even know what a subscription costs, but I know the free version doesn’t allow me to save as many videos as I’d like.

Teacher Review

Pros

It allows me to play videos without videos.

Cons

Sometimes, you have to refresh the page in order to play the video.

Happy but limited

Pros

As a teacher safe share allows me to use internet clips to show things I can do in my class without the worry of crazy ads popping up before during or after a video.

Cons

I don’t like that I am limited in the number of safeshare videos I can make. I had to seek out other options as a result of this limit.

SafeShare

Pros

I felt confident allowing my students to watch helpful educational videos through this program! It eliminated the ads and possibilities of anything inappropriate showing up on a student computer at school.

Cons

I was only able to share and have students watch the videos if they signed into my account.

Thankful for Teacher discount!

Wouldn't show a video in my class without using it!

Pros

It is a safe way to show videos without unknowing ads appearing or disrupting what is being viewed.

Cons

You can only save 20 videos using the free part of this software and must purchase a membership to save more. Fortunately the teacher discounted price is reasonable.

Access to YouTube!

Overall, I enjoy having the ability to provide videos to my students because my district has not opened up YouTube to students.

Pros

I love that I am able to share YouTube video links with my students. Without SafeShare, this isn’t always possible.

Cons

I don’t like that you can only have a few videos before I can save another video

Excellent for classrooms!

Pros

Protects my students from seeing unwanted materials and commercials.

Cons

Nothing...I love it. I am not very tech savvy and it super easy for me to use.

Understanding

I like that we can take videos and have them available in a secure place and we can share them.

Pros

I don't use it much but many of my colleagues set up videos for me to play in my classroom. I like the way it is supposed to work. I just haven't done it myself.

Cons

Not sure how to use it for myself. I need to take a tutorial.

Safe Share Explanation

SafeShare makes teaching easier and less stressful when presenting information.

Pros

I love being able to get rid of all ads, and being able to control where the video begins. This is allows my students to have safe and straight forward learning experience.

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to say about SafeShare.com.

Great for Teachers

Pros

SafeShare.tv is a lifesaver for teachers. It allows me to use YouTube videos in my classroom without the fear of an ad popping up that is inappropriate for my students.

Cons

As a teacher, I would love to have access to more video save spots for free, but I can manage with the free slots I am provided.

Great for school

Great I use it as an educator. Its great not having to worry about unwanted ads.

Pros

It is very user friendly and to navigate

Cons

Can be slow at times when uploading videos.

Making learning safe!

Safeshare.tv has made it possible to use videos in my lessons without worrying about the content of Ads or the distractions.

Pros

Its so simple to use and share out the video to my students. If I get behind a lesson I can easily just save the video for the next day.

Cons

What's there to not love?! I haven't found anything I dislike.

Nice Tool for the Classroom

I have requested for my school to purchase an upgraded SafeShare account so that I am not so limited in what I can store and use in my classroom.

Pros

This is a great way to show worship songs and video from Youtube without the advertisements. I also enjoy creating playlist for my classroom so that one song plays in the next without having to press play repeatedly.

Cons

It doesn't always load the video. There have been times when a video that played in the past suddenly becomes unavailable.

Great Educational Tool

Great for education and limiting distractions of ads and other videos that pop up when videos finish.

Pros

By taking videos from other sources and removing the ads, it limits distractions from students when these pop up. You can also use this to loop certain parts of videos, shortened clips for what is needed, and easy to share to others.

Cons

To get to certain parts of the program, it took a few steps and finding where to go. However, once you upload the video, there are plenty of options, you just have to look.

Glitches

Pros

I like that it is a good way to watch videos with no pop up ads.

Cons

The software kept flagging my videos as having obscenities and inappropriate language when that was not the case at all. It was a student daily news broadcast from a school YouTube account, but Safeshare kept forbidding it.

Safe Share Use

Good. There was a point where I did not have free access under my account. This should be free to educators.

Pros

It was easy to create a URL from You Tube videos. I liked the fact that the commercials and pop-ups were removed.

Cons

Several of the videos were not converting to Safe Share even from You Tube.

It used to be great

I used to love it, then it became much more picky on videos and forced you to log in.

Pros

Saving videos with no ads and being able to save the link for future years.

Cons

Now you are forced to log on and many videos are deemed inappropriate although they are highly appropriate for teaching history.

Great for the classroom

I love using this so that my lessons are not interrupted with unwanted ads that may not be appropriate for students.

Pros

Cons

I don’t have any cons. I love this site and use it several times a week.

Invaluable for wishing internet content with students

Pros

As a first grade teacher I often want my students to watch content I’ve found on line, but having young kids get a link to a YouTube video is not ideal. They can see inappropriate ads or worse be automatically advances to the next (random) video which I have no control over. With Safeshare.tv. I can pinpoint what I want them to see and that’s it. They got the content I want them to see without anything extraneous. It makes me feel so much better about having them access the content.

Cons

A couple of times I fumbled around the UI because I didn’t use it super frequently , but always managed to get what I needed done.

Great for Google Classroom!

Using Safe Share has let me easily share videos for a flipped classroom experience and allows me to sort videos into categories if I wish so I can return back to them.

Pros

I love that I can easily paste in my link and create a Safe Share! There are no adds, and no worries that students will link to other videos. The share button makes it easy to post in Google Classroom or share with families.

Cons

While it’s not overly expensive, a teacher discount would be amazing 😉

Awesome

Wonderful

Pros

That it was free and easy to use. I wished we could upload more on the free version. Being a teacher, we need this with students and believe it should be free educator.

Cons

The cost... I don’t believe teachers should have to pay.

Video playing for classroom

I have had a very good experience working with SafeShare. I will continue to use it for reinforcing material in my classroom.

Pros

I loved that I could play videos to my class without all the ads. This made for no interruptions or inappropriate material.

Cons

I have not had the opportunity to explore other features available.

Good Alternative to Youtube for Students & Teachers

I am solving the problem of making available useful, non-harmful sites when the protections put in place inadvertently block them.

Pros

I appreciated that I was able to both find and create links for videos that would allow my students to view them on school computers. It is frustrating to find a great resource, but not be able to use it because of firewall issues. This user-friendly product helped me circumvent many of those frustrations, expanding the instructional resources I am able to offer my learners.

Cons

While I appreciated the videos already uploaded, I was unable to use some of them. When I uploaded my own, some were rejected. I understand not all videos are available for us, but the entire purpose of this purchase was to make available safe content on all devices. When I can't do that, it gets in the way.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.