Sandbox ChildCare Management Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.59/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Love the Parent Portal feature and ease of registration. We love being able to communicate with parents and send pictures to them throughout the day.

RK

Rhonda K.

Sandbox Software is easy to use and the customer service is outstanding. Records and data are compiled in an easy format to learn and use.

ES

Edie S.

Parents love the ability of paying online and seeing real-time posts from teachers about their child. Sandbox Customer Service is Top Notch.

CS

Courtney S.

There are some confusing settings with the billing feature.

SP

Sara P.

I have parents get confused when they login with their personal email when the account is setup under the other parent and see a zero balance.

BL

Bridget L.

Financial records are confusing and I sometimes have a hard time getting the forms I want.

CM

Clare M.

Sandbox ChildCare Management users...

HiMama-logocaret

HiMama

ACS-logocaret

ACS

Jackrabbit Care-logocaret

Jackrabbit Care

Procare Solutions-logocaret

Procare Solutions

How would you rate Sandbox ChildCare Management?

Overall I've been happy that I switched from Bright Wheel to Sandbox.

The software has helped us organize the 150 children we currently have registered at Tip Top Child Development Center in Las Vegas. As a 24 hour facility, we have multiple shifts that all need to be trained and the implementation has gone smooth. The accounting system has helped us keep up on billing and has improved our cash flow. I highly recommend any center to use this software.

Pros

The reports are a gold mine of information. The software has been easy to learn and to train employees. I've embedded the online registration on our website to make it easy for new parents to get started. The app has made it easy to communicate with parents and see information about the children. I'm looking forward to the parent portal app!

Cons

There needs to be a pay invoice button on the invoice page rather than going into each family account. Employees should automatically be checked out at 11:59pm.

Thanks for your awesome review and the great feedback! We have added the pay invoice option and automatic time out to our feature request list.

Everything has been great!

Pros

Software is very user-friendly; simple to learn on your own.

Cons

There are some confusing settings with the billing feature.

Hi Sara, Thanks for the awesome review! If you need additional help with the billing section, please contact our team at support@runsandbox.com.

Title: Technical support has been great!

Pros

Emailing statements to families, employee time clock. Emailing statements to families, employee time clock.

Cons

Putting in schedules when they change. This tends to mix up the billing, but I think it's on our end. I wish the times the children are scheduled to be in and out are on the sign in sheets. This was so helpful with our old software program. We are learning to adjust, but really miss that feature.

Hi Kim, Thanks for the amazing review of Sandbox and our support team! Your feedback has also been delivered to our product development team to review.

Great for our Summer Camp!

Made our summer much easier, no more spreadsheets!

Pros

Online customer registration. Online customer payments. Quick and easy reports and communication with parents.

Cons

We found thay we could not produce the exact reports we required. Medical lists were not as easy to compile as we had hoped ie allergy lists for each class.

Hi Sheryl, Thanks for the great feedback! We are looking to add customizable reports in the future, however, in the meantime we can add these to our feature requests. Please contact our support team at support@runsandbox.com to share these requests.

Treehouse

Pros

The easy use of the software. I also want you to know that the person we contact for support is amazing. My executive is just awesome. She helps with anything and is always available.

Cons

I do not have a con as of now. I am very happy with all of the software.

Hi Traci, Thanks for this amazing review!

Easy to use and I can go anywhere and work!!

I really like to use Sandbox because it is my personal file cabinet, take home and work anywhere program. I would like to suggest and area for curriculum planning and documentation where several curriculum models can be used at the same time, and area for child development documentation and or a possible merge with Hi Mama that way my fee can be lower.

Pros

I like how it is easy to use and is accessible anywhere I go.

Cons

It needs a curriculum and planning and documentation tool.

My overall experience with sandbox is great!

Pros

I like the ability to track the children and staff from anywhere.

Cons

There is no way to design daily reports for a specific age group.

Hi Edward, We appreciate your great review and the feedback. We are looking to make some major enhancements to our daily logs section in the near future so stay tuned!

Always answers my questions right away!

Pros

I really like the customer support. It is great!

Cons

I am still waiting for the parent app. It has been affecting my communication with parents. The parent portal is not enough.

Hi Karina, Thanks for taking the time to share this great feedback with us. We really focus on providing an awesome experience for our customers. You will be happy to hear that our Parent App is in the final stages of BETA testing and just weeks away from our official launch. :)

Best program management software!

Wonderful, reliable, easy-to-use software overall!

Pros

Sandbox Childcare Management software is great all around! From the web-based system, to the easy attendance and billing, to helpful reports, Sandbox truly excels in childcare support.

Cons

The main issue I have is that some processes are not automated.

Hi Rebecca, Thanks for taking the time to leave this great review!

We love it!

Pros

Very comprehensive product in terms of how many features it has. The only thing we would want that isn't there is lead tracking for when we have families come in and we do tours. We are using Hubspot, but it's not geared towards the childcare process, so it's adapted. Would love for it all to be in one place.

Cons

No lead tracking, the app isn't available yet. Also, the parents weren't prompted with a guide to fill in everything in the parent portal when they were given access. It would have been helpful to have this.

Hi Erika, Thanks for the great feedback! You will be happy to hear that we are releasing our new Teacher app for iOS and Android devices at the end of this week. We have also added lead tracking to our requested features list to be reviewed by our development team.

Fantastic!

We have only been on the Sandbox system for about 4 months and our experience with sandbox has been fantastic so far. The Account team (Gavin) and Support team (Kefsere) have been great to be work with. They have been very responsive and accommodating in all aspects, which has led to a great experience so far. Keep up the good work!

Pros

Ability to manage all back-office elements of running a Montessori school and providing powerful reporting.

Cons

Not really a con, however, would be really nice to have an mobile app for iPhones. Would make the user interface much better to look rather than the full website.

Good Product for the Price

I like the weekly projection reports. We use them for attendance sheets.

Pros

Ease of transition from our previous software

Cons

I can't post paid time off for staff, only vacation time.

HI Molly, Thanks for the great review and the feedback!

The support staff is AMAZING!

It's great to have a platform that handles all things related to child care.

Pros

They are constantly adding features which is great - we feel like they really listen to us as customers!

Cons

Inability for parents to reply to newsfeed posts.

Hi Krystal, Thanks for the amazing review and the awesome feedback!

Customer service and support has been outstanding !

Pros

Ease-of-use, real time data for multiple centers and the unlimited customer support. We look forward to growing into this program.

Cons

We are on able to create specific user reports from user data instead of tags.

Hi Kevin, Thanks for the awesome review and the helpful feedback!

EXCELLENT software and EVEN BETTER customer service!

WOW, I would have never thought software could be this easy! Sandbox has made their product SO user friendly, fast, and efficient! I can get the exact information I need saved easily, and it's a cinch to generate reports for administrative purposes and future planning. I have been especially impressed with their customer service. There were a couple of minor tweaks we wished to have in the software,...

Cons

I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!!

This program meet and exceeds all of my childcare needs!

Pros

Customer service is excellent! I recommend to everyone in the childcare business in my area!

Cons

There are no cons! I love everything about it!

Hi Tracy, Thanks for the awesome review!

Great so far!

Pros

So far easy to use and great customer support!

Cons

So far we have not had problems with the software that support can't help us with

Hi Jill, We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our software and customer support. Thanks for the great review!

I really love the ease of use and the time clock feature

Pros

My parents are clocking in and out daily and that saves me paper and time.

Cons

I would love to see a ledger added to add receipts for spending. This will help my end of year reporting.

Excellent Product!

Pros

Sandbox is an excellent product. It simple to use. The UI is very good, and intuitive to use, and has a nice look and feel. The layout of the .pdf reports is very good. Customizable reports would be a great and welcome addition.

Cons

Cannot Customize Reports - But still a great product!

Hi Robert, Thanks for the great review! We are looking to add Customizable Reports in the future and you will notified by our team once this has been added to Sandbox.

This software had helped me run my daycare and saved me valuable time!

Pros

The check in/out system is easy to use and helps me with my billing.

Cons

Have not found anything I don't like. I look forward to having an ap for parents to use.

Hi Tracie, Thanks for the great review!

We LOVE Sandbox and have been a user for 2 months now.

Pros

Simplicity and Great Customer Service ... The support staff is unbelievably knowledgable and always available. After tracking tuition with Excel spreadsheets and reports from our credit card company for 125 students and still having discrepancies to reconcile, Sandbox allows us to manage the school rather than the school manage us.

Cons

We would love to see custom reporting added to Sandbox!

Hi Michelle, Thanks for the awesome feedback! You will be happy to know that customizable reports is already in development and you will be notified when the free upgrade is available.

User Friendly

My overall experience has been great.

Pros

I feel this system is user friendly and easy to maneuver around the system. I also like how quickly the customer service team is fast and efficient on the response time.

Cons

We do not have any cons or had any issues yet with Sandbox Software

Hi Laurie, Thanks for the amazing review!

I wish I would have known about Sandbox earlier!

It makes my accounting part of my business so much easier!

Pros

Very Easy to use, affordable, love the cloud based software and that I am able to access it where ever I have access to a device. Sandbox has made tremendously helped me stay organized and has made the business side of my childcare business so much easier.

Cons

I would like to be able to have the option to integrate tracking expenses, but other than that there are no cons.

Hi Reneece, Thanks for the awesome review! Our support team will be contacting you to learn more about your expense tracking request.

We have been extremely pleased with Sandbox.

Our families have really enjoyed the timeclock feature, much more streamlined than paper sign ins and really steps it up in regards to the professionalism of our school. A truly intuitive program!

Pros

I am amazed at how simple the system is to use and to navigate, it has drastically reduced administrative time and increased data management across the board. We have been well supported throughout our trial and launching period.

Cons

Quickbooks integration would be a nice addition.

Sandbox is a Huge Help

Pros

I like that Sandbox is extremely user friendly. Using Sandbox for record keeping has saved us so much time and energy. I also enjoy the fact that their customer service personnel are so friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

I do not like that only one person at a time can see the invoice.

Hi Qiana, Thanks for the amazing review!