All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Sawyer Reviews

Pros

Sawyer has been phenomenal from day 1 when the team contacted me - super professional, responsive and extremely helpful. Great team - great product.

Popi M.

Read the full review
I really love it, the team has been wonderful and I have recommended the program because it is great and can become better.

Katie B.

Read the full review
Customer service is outstanding. I like that the confirmation emails they are automatically sent to clients when they sign up.

Meg R.

Read the full review

Cons

It's hard to see who's paid for what days if they pay ahead of time. Parents are worried about being overcharged and losing money if they don't use their paid days.

Megan N.

Read the full review
The site is difficult to navigate. I often couldn't find the class I was the instructor for and it was frustrating.

Kristina B.

Read the full review
Exhausting registration process, too many "clicks. Confusing user interface, looks sloppy.

Read the full review

Sawyer has made my life easier!

Very easy to use and adds a professional look to my website

Pros

1. I love that HiSawyer is specific to use for children activities and classes. I tried other booking plugins or websites that were a "one size fits all" (appointments for nail salon or doctor's office) and well... they didn't quite fit for my business. For instance, HiSawyer allows the possibility to see the age and birthdate of the kids, having an "older sibling discount", adding semesters or multiple...

Cons

I really love everything about it. If I had to really look for perfection: it would be awesome if there was an app. It might be just me, but checking it from mobile can be a little bit frustrating sometimes. Nothing out of this world, not bugs or errors, just think about checking social media from a web browser in your phone. But other than that, I love this!

Sawyer Review

We are solving are registration process by using Sawyer. Originally, we were using about 6 different spreadsheets that were all complicated on their own level. Because of this, the registration process became very lengthy because parents couldn't register on their own but instead, they had to register with me, an individual, and would have to wait for a process to be completed in order to move forward with registration. This became extremely difficult because one individual registering over 500+ students is not an easy task.

Pros

I like how easy it is to manage and use. Our clients seem to enjoy it as well since it allows them a lot of accessibility and privacy especially when registering. I also appreciate all of the options that we can do for creating camps and classes. Overall, there are a lot of options that we can do for our programs now that we have Sawyer.

Cons

Because of how easy the program is to use, there are some options that we would appreciate having but do not have yet. For one, it would be nice to have the ability to send out receipts to clients on the financials page if we were to increase their balance or charge them through there. It would also be nice to have a notes section on the financials page so that our accountant and I don't have to look...

Love the Customer Support

Very positive

Pros

Customer Service, the team is very helpful and answer questions quickly.

Cons

There are some functions that are very repetitive, some copy and paste functions would really help. It would save time when listing classes and reduce errors. There does seem to be a tendency for the tech team to build new features when improving some of the base features would be more impactful.

Accounting and Payouts are not transparent

While I appreciate the ability to imbed registration on our website, there is no way to track click rates, their customer service is not at all educated on the software and we've gotten responses on average 3 weeks after the initial question is asked! Poor customer service, micropayouts are not transparent, and the cost for ticket items more than 70 usd is more expensive than eventbrite. Unfortunately I can not recommend this platform!

Pros

It can be imbedded on your website. Visually it is appealing to the purchaser.

Cons

Instead of paying out event registration income once, after the event, or one time at the end of each month, they pay out micro payments every 3 days. This renders keeping your checks and balances almost impossible, and we are currently paying extra payroll hours for our accountant to tally up each payment (We are talking about payouts as small as $1.25, when we are receiving as much as 10K a month with their platform). Can you imagine your accountant adding up all of those micropayments to hit 10K? It equates to hours of work. The whole process does not at all match industry standards and is very unrealistic for companies to handle. It's a hidden expense that makes the platform not worth the use.

I am so sorry that you had a less than stellar experience at Sawyer, that is never our intent nor our goal. We continue to evolve our products because of feedback like this and would love to connect on how we can improve if you're open to it.

Sawyer makes it easy!

Amazing! Sawyer is responsive, affordable, and easy!

Pros

The Sawyer software is easy to use. The technical support team helps with initial set up and deployment, training, and on-going support which was a very valuable service. Our favorite feature is our ability to make changes quickly and efficiently through a customer-centric design. This was very impactful in our ability to adapt quickly to our customers' needs during the world-wide pandemic. There are reporting features that we find helpful for strategic planning.

Cons

I would like there to be a way for the customer (or at least the company) to choose the calendar layout. I would prefer an option that had a calendar style instead of a text layout.

Sawyer has made my life easier!

I have been very happy overall with Sawyer; creating classes and schedules is easy, reports are a breeze, and parents find it much easier than our other system.

Pros

Financials - reporting, payment plans, etc. I used to spend so much time creating and managing payment plans for parents! Our previous software made it almost impossible to get information about our deposits, fees, etc. It is very transparent with Sawyer.

Cons

It is more for children at this point and we have classes for children and adults so sometimes we have to do a lot of explaining to people. A little more flexibility for that would be nice.

Finally found something that fits my needs!

Sawyer has been the best registration system I have come across so far after countless demos, trials, and meetings from other systems. The system is easy to use on the administrative side and on the user end. No complaints from customers! The learning curve for this system is quite small, very easy to use! The best part is its functionality! It works the way it is supposed to which seems to be an issue...

Pros

Ease & functionality for admin and user.

Cons

Not very customizable for class display.

Sawyer Product Review 2020

Its been great overall. Very happy

Pros

Marketplace, Easy to use/train employees, design, customer service/tech support, form fields, messaging system, coupons, pivot to online learning was incredible and easy!

Cons

Stripe takes too long for deposits, inablilty to copy semesters so it takes a long time to set up new ones, would love to be able to attach files in roster emails

Customized for our unique small business

Sawyer gave us the ability to go fully online with registration, attendance and is a great tool as a small business owner to help guide payroll and organize my clients.

Pros

Ease of use on the backend. Easily customize classes, coupons, view live registration in multiple locations on my phone, tablet, or laptop.

Cons

Some less than tech-savvy parents find it hard to navigate to register. Tracking financials could be clearer.

I wanted to love it.

It took me a while to come on board with this company. Their management is truly a money driven experience. You can feel it from any company from major corporations to small biz. The way they address their clients and the way they are deeply out for information (emails of their clients', clients) - they are even sneaky about it. I express my utter discontent with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the response was, thanks for giving us a try. Not, let's make it right. I've been in business for 15 years and received the most outlandish, crazy complaints, my customer is always right. Always. This particular company is completely disappointing because I really want to love it and ..... it isn't good deep down to it's core.

Pros

It looks great. That's really it...really, that's the selling point it's all downhill from there.

Cons

The widget slows your website down dramatically and the problem has existed for a long time. Customer Service is the major negative with this platform. They are set in their ways and will do absolutely nothing beyond their initial intentions. There are many other platforms that will customize your experience, and they are nice. Which is great. Cost - You can save $125 a month with multiple other companies. Your clients must sign up for sawyer before even seeing what you have to offer. They are absolutely hungry for your users information.

Sawyer - a perfect fit for our dance school

It has been great for our company. I feel it presents us as a more professional group because of how it looks and operates. It has made our job so much easier as directors.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up. They do all the inputting of information and then send you the code to embed on your website. I like that as a parent, it retains my information from year to year so registering my child is quick and painless. I like how they handle all the gathering of money. For the first time, all our accounts paid their tuition and I didn't have to track anyone down.

Cons

It's hard to get reports of how many kids have registered or print lists by ages. I would like for them to work on that capacity. The last software we used, you could print all kinds of reports but I have a hard time getting what I want on Sawyer.

Game-changer for this small youth theatre!

Pros

Always rolling out new functionality Great design

Cons

Lengthy learning curve - takes a while to get into the flow Few options for custom coding

Review for Sawyer from Tiny Tunes Studio

I love having Sawyer. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this platform. Simplifies things so much. I would do it over again.

Pros

I love that it's so easy to use and very user friendly. I didn't need to "learn" to use it - it's very self-explanatory. I like that I get paid very fast with Sawyer direct deposits. I like this new party booking feature - haven't tried it yet but intend to sign up for that!

Cons

- it's less flexible in terms of creating one off classes. for example, in pearachute, i am able to create an "impromptu" class with a certain musician. On Sawyer I have to create a new schedule, then a new activity, etc. it's a bit overwhelming. I don't always necessarily want to create an event for one offs but the way the Sawyer system is no you almost have to. - some glitches along the way....

We are very happy we switched to Sawyer

We truly believe our programs are consistently selling out with wait lists because of the ease of use of Sawyer for our parents. It saves them time, and it also saves our staff untold hours of time we were wasting before with a clunky and inaccurate registration sytem that had absolutely horrible tech support.

Pros

Their tech support is beyond compare. Anytime we have a problem, we almost always get a response, from an actual person with a name, within an hour. The response often comes directly from our account manager. They also listen to feedback from their users to continually improve the software.

Cons

My only real complaint is that it does not integrate with Quickbooks, which causes some additional accounting headaches, but still SO much better than the previous registration software we were using.

Great software for small business owners/teachers

The customer service it the very best. If I ever have a question all I need to do is call or email and I get an answer right away. Help is from a real live person where you are not put on hold for ever. When I set up the program I had an appointment with a tech who put it onto my website and she made sure it was working before she got off the phone with me. I was up and running in 30 minutes!

Pros

I am a visual arts teacher and have a website where parents sign up their children to take classes from my studio. What I like most about Sawyer is how professional it makes my website look and how easy it makes my registration process. All my listings are set up in order of time of week and time of day with a bright red button that is irresistible to push! I love that parents can pay online using a payment plan or pay in full. I don’t have to hassle with trying to get payments each month as it is done automatically. All my forms are set up through the software so I get all the information I need about the parents and students. This is all kept in a client list where I can reference when needed. Total Organization tool!

Cons

Some of the things I would like Sawyer to fix or change about their software are the following: 1.) Allow more personalization to the registration page. When I don’t have classes to register for, I would like to have my own personal message instead of the generic one Sawyer has. I would also like to allow more personalization on the registration page to look like the rest of my website. I had to...

The Sawyer support team has been very helpful to me, especially in recent times. While I wish there were less technical issues, I still plan to stay with Sawyer for the forseeable future.

Pros

I like the simplicty of the software and the easy navigability. I also appreciate the ease of making payments. The quick pay feature can be a lifesend for unique billing situations. In addition, Sawyer has an active directory listing. We've gotten a number of new clients this way who have become committed customers. The group development meetings have been helpful, along with the additional office hours with both the front-end and back-end teams. I've gotten much better results from Sawyer when I've been able to communicate with people directly about my issues.

Cons

The main issue I have is the frequency of bugs in the system. I've had many bugs appear on Sawyer such as difficulties logging in, glitches in payment processing (thankfully no double payments have been made though), glitches in changing pre-existing schedules, glitches in viewing reviews, and more. I also wish the Sawyer software could be more automated and more easily integrated into other services. We have to recreate a lot of inforamtion from Sawyer events such as Google Calendar events, payment reminders, and automated emails because these features are not fully included. It creates extra effort on our part that I would prefer to avoid.

Highly recommend Sawyer

I’ve really liked using Sawyer and how easy it is not just for me to use but my customers as well.

Pros

I really like how Sawyer has great customer and created a product that reflects how they listen to their clients’ needs.

Cons

So far I haven’t had any issues. I like that they recently added monthly pricing, which made it easier for me to offer the pricing structure I wanted.

Glad to Have This Service

Overall I am happy to have the service. I wish the pages were easier to navigate and there weren't so many steps to go thru to set things up. But customer service is pretty quick to answer questions (tho not always willing to make the changes for me unless they are REALLY complicated). I am happy to have a way for parents to sign up online and I am too overworked to find an easier software, so I am here for a while.

Pros

I love that I can be doing something else -- anything else -- and I will look at my phone and see that I have a registration. It's always exciting to see who has registered for what and how much money I just made while doing something else! My customers love that they can register online without having to call in!

Cons

It's not intuitive. Even after all the years I have been using it I sometimes still have to search around to find what I want to do. But I am getting better at it! So far there is no way to create online registration for our rolling enrollment.

LOVE Sawyer, huge improvement over MindBody

Pros

Sawyer's customer service is stellar, they always respond quickly and usually are able to address the issue within a day or so. The interface is user-friendly, both on the admin backside as well as for the parents looking for classes. I appreciate that it looks good embedded in my website, and that each activity has an option of a direct link.

Cons

There are a few spots where I can't customize as much as I need. Particularly around summer camps.

Review of Sawyer

It’s good in general but there are other platforms that have good components that Sawyer is missing.

Pros

I like the daily class tracking features.

Cons

The party option is still incomplete. You need to develop an app. There needs to be a way to send bills/invoices directly to customers. The reporting function is a total joke. The reports that you are able to run are useless. Parents should be able to register and select check or homeschool funds. I need to be able to run a report grouping children of different ages and different schools. The banking function is almost never up to date. It never reflects current information.

Hi Jaimee, I am so sorry that you had a less than stellar experience, that is never our intent nor our goal. We continue to evolve our products because of feedback like this so thank you for letting us know how we can improve! We'd love to connect on a few additional insights you may have, so please do not hesitate to reach out.

Sawyer for music & movement classes

Registration using Sawyer has become so much easier with this program! I cannot tell you how many softwares I tried before finding Sawyer and nothing worked. When I had my initial call it was almost too good to be true! The functionality has taken a lot of the pain and frustration out of the registration process and I really enjoy using the software.

Pros

From the very first time I reached out to Sawyer for an initial phone call, their team has been nothing but helpful, incredibly responsive, and easy to work with. I offer music/movement classes and find it helpful to see the full calendar in upcoming mode. Sawyer integrates well with my website, and parents (for the most part) have not had any issues registering for classes. Enjoy have a month to month payment option, too! As a small business that is just getting started I appreciate the flexible pricing and all of the support from the Sawyer staff!

Cons

The ability to customize a bit more would be nice. Software is probably great for a traditional run school/daycare program/summer camp, however my weekly music class program I find areas that I wish I had a workaround or option in the software to make registration easier for my parents. It would be helpful if the tabs could be changed to fit the names of my classes, as well as the ability to have people use class packs without there being a drop in fee associated. These things might just be specific to my program though!

Sawyer tools

I have been with sawyer from day one, and it has been so great to see them grow. It has definitely solved a lot of registration problems, and makes the process a bit more seamless. It has freed up quite a bit of admin time to focus on growing the business in other ways.

Pros

THe customer service is the most wonderful aspect of sawyer. If I ever have the smallest problem, the admin team gets back with me within minutes, and a fix is on the way. They are constantly working to make the software better, and really value the relationships they build with their customers. You get the sense that they really care about helping us grow our businesses.

Cons

As they grow, there are frequent bugs. They get worked out very quickly though! Also, as my business grew, I was paying thousands of dollars in fees. I wish I had known about a monthly payment option earlier. I could have saved a very large amount of money.

Made my life so much easier

It has been a real life changer and saved me so much time. Thank you!!

Pros

I like that it automatically uploads directly onto my website. That I am able to contact everyone enrolled in a class at one time. That I can Use the app as my attendance. I can offer coupon codes or different registration set ups for different classes or locations. The list is endless. I love it!

Cons

Some customers have found the registration set up a little Confusing to find the right class. Messages sent to a group come from sawyer and often end up in junk mail.

Great Solution to Online Registration using Credit Card

Super experience, company has strong leadership and support communicates quickly and clearly. Willing to help me when priority requests made on using special features of the Sawyer Tool. I'd high recommend Sawyer Tools to any organization taking online registration for classes, events, camps, etc.

Pros

Cloud based, handles all sorts of online registration for educational programs; super support to set up and onboard; affordable; terrific support team; growing company --> adding new features to help me with online registration, class management

Cons

no training videos. Training videos on on-boarding, intro features, advanced features and troubleshooting would be helpful

All in one place

A major improvement- it was very hard to connect clients with their financial information before, because we were using 2 systems, and parent last name is often different from child's name.

Pros

I most like that Sawyer streamlined my class bookings, financials, (some) reports, and managing clients.

Cons

Sometimes I find running reports confusing or frustrating. When I want a download of all clients with birthdays and other information that helps me categorize them (birthdays are because our classes are categorized by age, and I also like to categorize them by membership or activities taken), and it's not so easy to figure out who are current members of a particular age who have taken the same activities. The activities are all listed in one category, so they are difficult to separate.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.