Sawyer Logo
Sawyer

Class management software for kids activity providers

visit website

Sawyer Reviews - Page 2

EM

Elizabeth M.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Very poor and confusing reporting system!

Exhaustingly Bad! It has made my administrative work FAR MUCH MORE DIFFICULT than doing them myself. If you client body is small like 20-40s , Sawyers is fine. If you are like us with hundreds.. I HIGHLY recommend you to look elsewhere.. I have switched to Amilia, a far more robust software. I was 15+ system level developer, and my partner was a Microsoft SQL expert. Looking at Sawyers report service, we both must regret to say.. it is far from prime time. It is ok for a shop with 30 some students. Not for us. We have over 200 students (still considered being pretty small).

Pros

calendar review for daily activities. This is very helpful for ONLY daily operation - like the front desk staff to do quick look up.. But, by far not for the administrator, me.

Cons

Report becomes unusable when students sign up for multiple classes! It puts ALL dates into a single cell in the report, in various order. Asked support to look at it.. Nothing can be done about that. So, I had to go through EVERY student who has signed up for more than one week to figure out. Reports with mismatched headers. e.g. DOB as the header, but it is actually something else like email...

Hi Elizabeth, We're sorry that Sawyer wasn't able to meet your reporting needs. We work with organizations of all sizes to power their registration including franchises, non-profits, and schools in addition to smaller businesses. We continue to evolve our products because of critical feedback like this and thank you for taking the time to share it with us. We loved getting the opportunity to work with Storming Robots and wish you all the best in your future success.

Music, 1-10 employees

so many room to grow and I can bet that Sawyer will get there in no time!

No app. No merging duplicate customers. No phone look up feature. No teachers payroll report. No everyday phone support. Email customer service is confusing.

Pros

Hello, super cute design grabs everyone's attention. It is one of the best websites which draws customers in their market place. I think the customers love it but not much the administrators. Free trial and discount option helps to attract new customers but some customers keep taking advantage of it by changing emails and creating multiple accounts. Also this website doesn't have duplicate merging...

Cons

Super cute design. The market place brings customers from all over the state.

Thank you so much for your feedback! We believe that a customer who shares critical feedback is a customer who cares. We continue to evolve our products because of feedback like this and would love to connect on how we can improve if you're open to it. Let us know if you have time to hop on a call to review!

AV

Ara V.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

The software + a community that helps my business grow

Sawyer truly changed how my customers see my business, booking on my website is easy, professional, trustworthy, with a beautiful and sleek design. All my sales, bookings, reports, refunds, and most of my business, in general, run on Sawyer so I'm beyond satisfied with the product.

Pros

Let's start for the basic: It's a software specifically for booking children's activities, which is my exactly what my business does, so every single feature in Sawyer is just perfect for what we do. I had tried 5 or 6 different software companies and all of them are for other industries (spas, gyms, consulting businesses), so they weren't ideal to use. I love Sawyer has children-activity-specific features such as camps, semesters, drop-ins, sibling discount, caregiver needed in the class, ages for the class, etcetera. Also it supports different locations, gift cards, and most important for us: a widget to add the registration form to your website.

Cons

Sawyer keeps improving and adding new features, I've run into tech problems when they just launch a new functionality but I consider this normal and I appreciate they keep improving their product. Tech support always replies fast when there have been issues.

JC

Jessica C.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Sawyer Review

We are solving are registration process by using Sawyer. Originally, we were using about 6 different spreadsheets that were all complicated on their own level. Because of this, the registration process became very lengthy because parents couldn't register on their own but instead, they had to register with me, an individual, and would have to wait for a process to be completed in order to move forward with registration. This became extremely difficult because one individual registering over 500+ students is not an easy task.

Pros

I like how easy it is to manage and use. Our clients seem to enjoy it as well since it allows them a lot of accessibility and privacy especially when registering. I also appreciate all of the options that we can do for creating camps and classes. Overall, there are a lot of options that we can do for our programs now that we have Sawyer.

Cons

Because of how easy the program is to use, there are some options that we would appreciate having but do not have yet. For one, it would be nice to have the ability to send out receipts to clients on the financials page if we were to increase their balance or charge them through there. It would also be nice to have a notes section on the financials page so that our accountant and I don't have to look...

Karen (Kate) R.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Accounting and Payouts are not transparent

While I appreciate the ability to imbed registration on our website, there is no way to track click rates, their customer service is not at all educated on the software and we've gotten responses on average 3 weeks after the initial question is asked! Poor customer service, micropayouts are not transparent, and the cost for ticket items more than 70 usd is more expensive than eventbrite. Unfortunately I can not recommend this platform!

Pros

It can be imbedded on your website. Visually it is appealing to the purchaser.

Cons

Instead of paying out event registration income once, after the event, or one time at the end of each month, they pay out micro payments every 3 days. This renders keeping your checks and balances almost impossible, and we are currently paying extra payroll hours for our accountant to tally up each payment (We are talking about payouts as small as $1.25, when we are receiving as much as 10K a month with their platform). Can you imagine your accountant adding up all of those micropayments to hit 10K? It equates to hours of work. The whole process does not at all match industry standards and is very unrealistic for companies to handle. It's a hidden expense that makes the platform not worth the use.

I am so sorry that you had a less than stellar experience at Sawyer, that is never our intent nor our goal. We continue to evolve our products because of feedback like this and would love to connect on how we can improve if you're open to it.

MF

Michelle F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Sawyer has made my life easier!

I have been very happy overall with Sawyer; creating classes and schedules is easy, reports are a breeze, and parents find it much easier than our other system.

Pros

Financials - reporting, payment plans, etc. I used to spend so much time creating and managing payment plans for parents! Our previous software made it almost impossible to get information about our deposits, fees, etc. It is very transparent with Sawyer.

Cons

It is more for children at this point and we have classes for children and adults so sometimes we have to do a lot of explaining to people. A little more flexibility for that would be nice.

MG

Megan G.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

Sawyer - a perfect fit for our dance school

It has been great for our company. I feel it presents us as a more professional group because of how it looks and operates. It has made our job so much easier as directors.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up. They do all the inputting of information and then send you the code to embed on your website. I like that as a parent, it retains my information from year to year so registering my child is quick and painless. I like how they handle all the gathering of money. For the first time, all our accounts paid their tuition and I didn't have to track anyone down.

Cons

It's hard to get reports of how many kids have registered or print lists by ages. I would like for them to work on that capacity. The last software we used, you could print all kinds of reports but I have a hard time getting what I want on Sawyer.

JM

Jennifer M.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Good options for summer camps - with a few changes needed

Pros

Setting this up was easy. After using it for a year there are some set up features I'll change in year two to make some of the flow better. The team that helped with set-up with quick to schedule and helpful with the details and overall flow.

Cons

We have to manually count how many campers are checked in vs there being a way for use see a live number of how many campers are checked in at any given time. This is a really big deal for our prograrm. It's a poor use of our time not to mention full of errors because every camp director knows you neeed an updated count of how many campers are on site at any given time. Manually scrolling through...

NP

Natalie P.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Best value and stupid simple!

Amazing!!! Best customer service and feature updates for the price!

Pros

The software is SO easy to use! When you’re setting it up and training other employees it’s easy to see that it’s hard to mess anything up!

Cons

No Point of sale feature available. We still pay for another 3rd party software for this part

CC

Crystal C.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Finally found something that fits my needs!

Sawyer has been the best registration system I have come across so far after countless demos, trials, and meetings from other systems. The system is easy to use on the administrative side and on the user end. No complaints from customers! The learning curve for this system is quite small, very easy to use! The best part is its functionality! It works the way it is supposed to which seems to be an issue...

Pros

Ease & functionality for admin and user.

Cons

Not very customizable for class display.

JC

Jessica C.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Excellent Customer Service & Platform

We LOVE Sawyer tools to help streamline our registration needs and enrollment. We have access to easily upload our camp forms, medical forms, and easily disseminate information to our families. This is a very caring company that really cares about their customers. They even sent flowers when they found out we had a newborn. Your aren't just a number to this company, but part of their family. Very user friendly, competitive and inexpensive pricing structure compared to other processing out there.

Pros

I love that parents have a username and password that saves their information and helps them easily sign up for future events quickly and efficiently. Easy to collect payment and quick deposit times. Love the attendance feature and how quickly I can assign users so they have access to all medical information.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to set up classes . But once I got the hang of it I found this software to be great.

JT

Joel T.

Sawyer Used to be Good

We have lost more business than gained in the past few months as sawyer seems to be melting down into dysfunction. They used to be good. They changed their pricing/business model to charge businesses and their customers BOTH directly. At the same time their service and functionality (along with down time) has cratered. We are frantically looking at other options as Sawyer has now lost more business for us than it has gained due to their dysfunctional, confusing system on the front end.

Pros

Sawyer is easy to implement and their customer service is helpful at first.They might be good if your customers all use the same main stream web browser (whichever one happens to work that day) and they are registering kids for classes without parent involvement or too many details.

Cons

There is no option to add a second adult/parent to a family account.The program doesn't work with Duck Duck Go or many web browsers consistently.

Hi Joel, We are sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience with Sawyer. Our VP of Provider Experience has reached out to speak directly with you as we would love the opportunity to discuss more in depth. We do hope to expand our list of supported browsers in the future as we already work with the most commonly used options such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and look forward to connecting directly. Kind regards, Sawyer Support

GI

Galina I.

Entertainment, self-employed

Review for Sawyer from Tiny Tunes Studio

I love having Sawyer. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this platform. Simplifies things so much. I would do it over again.

Pros

I love that it's so easy to use and very user friendly. I didn't need to "learn" to use it - it's very self-explanatory. I like that I get paid very fast with Sawyer direct deposits. I like this new party booking feature - haven't tried it yet but intend to sign up for that!

Cons

- it's less flexible in terms of creating one off classes. for example, in pearachute, i am able to create an "impromptu" class with a certain musician. On Sawyer I have to create a new schedule, then a new activity, etc. it's a bit overwhelming. I don't always necessarily want to create an event for one offs but the way the Sawyer system is no you almost have to. - some glitches along the way....

EK

Emily K.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

We are very happy we switched to Sawyer

We truly believe our programs are consistently selling out with wait lists because of the ease of use of Sawyer for our parents. It saves them time, and it also saves our staff untold hours of time we were wasting before with a clunky and inaccurate registration sytem that had absolutely horrible tech support.

Pros

Their tech support is beyond compare. Anytime we have a problem, we almost always get a response, from an actual person with a name, within an hour. The response often comes directly from our account manager. They also listen to feedback from their users to continually improve the software.

Cons

My only real complaint is that it does not integrate with Quickbooks, which causes some additional accounting headaches, but still SO much better than the previous registration software we were using.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

The Sawyer support team has been very helpful to me, especially in recent times. While I wish there were less technical issues, I still plan to stay with Sawyer for the forseeable future.

Pros

I like the simplicty of the software and the easy navigability. I also appreciate the ease of making payments. The quick pay feature can be a lifesend for unique billing situations. In addition, Sawyer has an active directory listing. We've gotten a number of new clients this way who have become committed customers. The group development meetings have been helpful, along with the additional office hours with both the front-end and back-end teams. I've gotten much better results from Sawyer when I've been able to communicate with people directly about my issues.

Cons

The main issue I have is the frequency of bugs in the system. I've had many bugs appear on Sawyer such as difficulties logging in, glitches in payment processing (thankfully no double payments have been made though), glitches in changing pre-existing schedules, glitches in viewing reviews, and more. I also wish the Sawyer software could be more automated and more easily integrated into other services. We have to recreate a lot of inforamtion from Sawyer events such as Google Calendar events, payment reminders, and automated emails because these features are not fully included. It creates extra effort on our part that I would prefer to avoid.

KF

KIMBERLY F.

Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees

Terra Arts is Delighted!

I wish you had a PHONE!

Pros

Our customers have very precise needs that have been difficult to handle for our bookkeeper. Even our CPA or QuickBooks expert was not able to satisfy our needs. Our customers sign up with a Nonrefundable Deposit about 6 months before classes begin. We almost always sell out in a couple of weeks of registration opening. Then some pay with a monthly purchase order, but not till class has already...

Cons

The thing we also needed but have not been able to implement in our organization we also have theater performances and we can not figure out how to sell tickets to the shows. We had to put event espresso back on our website to accommodate ticket sales.

SH

Summer H.

Primary/Secondary Education, self-employed

Couldn't do it without Sawyer

Pros

Sawyer makes my business possible. I need a registration software that is easy for me and is easy for busy parents, and that's exactly what Sawyer provides.

Cons

Sawyer would be even more usable if I could sell tickets through it for events. Also, I'd love to be able to integrate Sawyer with Flodesk.

HS

Heather S.

Education Management, self-employed

Sawyer should be the "GO TO" software for running summer camps and classes

Being brand new to teaching summer camps and kids' classes I am grateful to have found Sawyer. They help me to present my brand professionally and they are affordable.

Pros

It's very easy to use and minimal learning curve. I launched a summer camp for kids and was figuring it out as I went. Sawyer made that easier for me because they had everything in place already including things I hadn't even thought of. Sawyer had all the features I needed and they continue to add more, especially when the pandemic hit and businesses needed to pivot to online classes. Their onboarding couldn't have been easier. Their front-end AND back-end interfaces are modern and "Apple-like" making it easy for me as well as users. The other softwares I tested were outdated and extremely clunky. Their customer service is very helpful.

Cons

I've used the software for going on 2 summers now and I cannot think of anything I don't like. Oh, I wish I was able to embed my Registration page on my website myself but Saywer does it quickly so really not a big deal to me.

NB

Niesha B.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Sawyer is great especially for start up

Great Experience. It is a really solid product.

Pros

It got me up and running fast. It is a really solid product.

Cons

I like the entire product; I do, however, wish they added a way to keep track of the acutallly content of class ( cirriculum ), and profile pics of students.

Scott H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Chefsville

I am still developing our relationship with Sawyer. Can't say that I am able to give any fair opinion of the overall experience at this time.

Pros

Its ease of use. Many concepts make sense. To be able to assign teachers and increase parent communication. *** Please add ability to attach files *** and please *** update your form software for custom forms - it is terrible right now ***

Cons

This summer Chefsville had over 30 camps. The normal training schedule for Sawyer didn't allow for us being out working those camps so getting trained was twice as hard for Mollie. We actually had to test, play and figure it out until she advised us and we could follow. I still have no idea of what an acknowledgement/registration confirmation e-mail looks like and have customers calling me asking...

KG

Karen G.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Sawyer Product Review 2020

Its been great overall. Very happy

Pros

Marketplace, Easy to use/train employees, design, customer service/tech support, form fields, messaging system, coupons, pivot to online learning was incredible and easy!

Cons

Stripe takes too long for deposits, inablilty to copy semesters so it takes a long time to set up new ones, would love to be able to attach files in roster emails

AS

April S.

LOVE Sawyer

I love it and tell everyone about about it.

Pros

The calendar widget interface is the best. I LOVE everything about Sawyer and I also am SOOOO appreciative that they continue to strive to improve and add more needed features.

Cons

I want to be able to edit parent info. MANY parent accidentally type in .con on thier email and I want to be able to go edit it quickly.

AS

Angie S.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Robust platform

Customer service is PHENOMENAL. I can't say enough about it. Kind, courteous, FAST, and knowledgeable. A pleasure to work with.

Pros

It does almost everything I need for camp registration, payments, coupons, payment plans, class descriptions, etc.

Cons

Very expensive. We are a small non-profit and need the functionality, but the price tag is difficult. In addition, our clients pay $1.99 for transactions. I wasn't aware of this at first. I had some upset customers.

EA

Emily A.

Music, self-employed

The best option out there - just be ready to pay a higher rate!

Pros

Sawyer is the best tool in the game - I’ve tried them all from Square to Activity Hero, and this tool is the most streamlined and easy to use. Customers appreciate it and I can build kid-centered client accounts, robust scheduling and semesters, and easy checkouts.

Cons

By far the most expensive tool in the market and there was no free trial or setup window so the expense began before I had enrollees.

AO

Aaliyah O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

We enjoy using Sawyer

We have been able to truly retain our clients due to the software being easy to use.

Pros

Sawyer is so easy to use compared to the software that we left. Viewing of the software is clean and straight forward. We do wish that there was app for both us and the consumer to use to sign up and cancel classes out.

Cons

We wish that there was app for both us and the consumer to use to sign up and cancel classes out. We also hope that clients will be able to cancel out class themselves