Sawyer Logo
Sawyer

Class management software for kids activity providers

visit website

Sawyer Reviews - Page 2

LOVE Sawyer, huge improvement over MindBody

Pros

Sawyer's customer service is stellar, they always respond quickly and usually are able to address the issue within a day or so. The interface is user-friendly, both on the admin backside as well as for the parents looking for classes. I appreciate that it looks good embedded in my website, and that each activity has an option of a direct link.

Cons

There are a few spots where I can't customize as much as I need. Particularly around summer camps.

Review of Sawyer

It’s good in general but there are other platforms that have good components that Sawyer is missing.

Pros

I like the daily class tracking features.

Cons

The party option is still incomplete. You need to develop an app. There needs to be a way to send bills/invoices directly to customers. The reporting function is a total joke. The reports that you are able to run are useless. Parents should be able to register and select check or homeschool funds. I need to be able to run a report grouping children of different ages and different schools. The banking function is almost never up to date. It never reflects current information.

Hi Jaimee, I am so sorry that you had a less than stellar experience, that is never our intent nor our goal. We continue to evolve our products because of feedback like this so thank you for letting us know how we can improve! We'd love to connect on a few additional insights you may have, so please do not hesitate to reach out.

New children's art class studio experience

It has aided me in organizing the type of classes I offer.

Pros

Once a customer is registered it is very user-friendly and easy for them to register for classes or for me to book them on their behalf. I can access customer information quickly and easily. I like that the financials are relatively simple to navigate and monitor. It has a professional appearance and I appreciate that some customizations are available by request.

Cons

There is a pretty steep learning curve. I would like a simpler, more direct way to book a one-on-one customer service appointment but the help desk is quick to reply to questions and concerns via email.

Should have made the switch sooner

Pros

Sawyer is simple for our customers and staff to use. Parents can now register themselves and all their kids and see their family’s schedule all in one place. Also if someone is signing up late Sawyer prorates their registration fees. We use to do all of this manually. Finally our admin can work on making our programs better, instead of redundant menial tasks.

Cons

For staff page loading can be slow. The page navigation could be simpler, and breadcrumbs could be more useful. They’re continually revising the staff interface though.

Big help to a small business

Overall I am satisfied with the program. It’s more affordable than hiring someone to do the enrollment for me and saves me a lot of time

Pros

My favorite thing is that all payments are made through the program and reminders are automatically sent out for payments due. I haven’t had to make that phone call to a parent all year! I also like how fast the transfers are made into my bank account when payments are received

Cons

Navigation through the back end gets better with practice but it’s still a bit clunky. I find myself having to hit the back arrow a lot. A very specific-to-me feature I would love to see is a space to upload the voucher from the schools. Some of the classes that i offer are covered by charter school funds which each parent has to request from their school. If I could upload the voucher, or just an image of it or even a check box so that I could see in one place which parents have their class paid for already, I wouldn’t have to cross reference everything and it would be a big help

Sawyer tools

I have been with sawyer from day one, and it has been so great to see them grow. It has definitely solved a lot of registration problems, and makes the process a bit more seamless. It has freed up quite a bit of admin time to focus on growing the business in other ways.

Pros

THe customer service is the most wonderful aspect of sawyer. If I ever have the smallest problem, the admin team gets back with me within minutes, and a fix is on the way. They are constantly working to make the software better, and really value the relationships they build with their customers. You get the sense that they really care about helping us grow our businesses.

Cons

As they grow, there are frequent bugs. They get worked out very quickly though! Also, as my business grew, I was paying thousands of dollars in fees. I wish I had known about a monthly payment option earlier. I could have saved a very large amount of money.

Sawyer for music & movement classes

Registration using Sawyer has become so much easier with this program! I cannot tell you how many softwares I tried before finding Sawyer and nothing worked. When I had my initial call it was almost too good to be true! The functionality has taken a lot of the pain and frustration out of the registration process and I really enjoy using the software.

Pros

From the very first time I reached out to Sawyer for an initial phone call, their team has been nothing but helpful, incredibly responsive, and easy to work with. I offer music/movement classes and find it helpful to see the full calendar in upcoming mode. Sawyer integrates well with my website, and parents (for the most part) have not had any issues registering for classes. Enjoy have a month to month payment option, too! As a small business that is just getting started I appreciate the flexible pricing and all of the support from the Sawyer staff!

Cons

The ability to customize a bit more would be nice. Software is probably great for a traditional run school/daycare program/summer camp, however my weekly music class program I find areas that I wish I had a workaround or option in the software to make registration easier for my parents. It would be helpful if the tabs could be changed to fit the names of my classes, as well as the ability to have people use class packs without there being a drop in fee associated. These things might just be specific to my program though!

All in one place

A major improvement- it was very hard to connect clients with their financial information before, because we were using 2 systems, and parent last name is often different from child's name.

Pros

I most like that Sawyer streamlined my class bookings, financials, (some) reports, and managing clients.

Cons

Sometimes I find running reports confusing or frustrating. When I want a download of all clients with birthdays and other information that helps me categorize them (birthdays are because our classes are categorized by age, and I also like to categorize them by membership or activities taken), and it's not so easy to figure out who are current members of a particular age who have taken the same activities. The activities are all listed in one category, so they are difficult to separate.

Made my life so much easier

It has been a real life changer and saved me so much time. Thank you!!

Pros

I like that it automatically uploads directly onto my website. That I am able to contact everyone enrolled in a class at one time. That I can Use the app as my attendance. I can offer coupon codes or different registration set ups for different classes or locations. The list is endless. I love it!

Cons

Some customers have found the registration set up a little Confusing to find the right class. Messages sent to a group come from sawyer and often end up in junk mail.

Great Solution to Online Registration using Credit Card

Super experience, company has strong leadership and support communicates quickly and clearly. Willing to help me when priority requests made on using special features of the Sawyer Tool. I'd high recommend Sawyer Tools to any organization taking online registration for classes, events, camps, etc.

Pros

Cloud based, handles all sorts of online registration for educational programs; super support to set up and onboard; affordable; terrific support team; growing company --> adding new features to help me with online registration, class management

Cons

no training videos. Training videos on on-boarding, intro features, advanced features and troubleshooting would be helpful

Incredibly easy to use and nicely streamlined for parents. I love their customer service too!

I'm having a much smoother time registering families for my programs. Previously I had a lot of drop ins and even registrations who hadn't actually paid, but with Sawyer I've really minimized how many people I have to track down for payment later. I also appreciate that there are questions built into registration and that I can even add more questions, which comes in very handy when I'm running the camp and have kids for the whole day.

Pros

It is really user-friendly. It did not take long to learn it and I can train my admin staff to use it pretty quickly. I like the interface, everything looks nice and is readily accessible. I LOVE the customer service team, they have always been really fantastic and totally understand my needs as a small business offering kids' programming.

Cons

It is simpler than some of the other registration systems, which I think mostly works to it's advantage. Sometimes though I need the software to do something more specific and there's not an option available. I do appreciate that their customer service team is always really responsive to these moments though. They either walk me through other options or even talk to the development team about adding further features.

Customized for our unique small business

Sawyer gave us the ability to go fully online with registration, attendance and is a great tool as a small business owner to help guide payroll and organize my clients.

Pros

Ease of use on the backend. Easily customize classes, coupons, view live registration in multiple locations on my phone, tablet, or laptop.

Cons

Some less than tech-savvy parents find it hard to navigate to register. Tracking financials could be clearer.

Why I like Sawyer for my Business

Positive, Forward Thinking, Clean, Professional, Understands Enrichment Classes, Oppertunities to Grow you business using their product.

Pros

Sawyer "gets" my business. It is nice to have a platform that has already thought of what I need for my enrichment class platforms. I have worked with other online registration platforms, the interface is not as clean and beautiful as Sawyer and it required more time spent on my end customizing. Also, Sawyer sends payments DAILY rather than twice a month - which is huge for a small business.

Cons

Like anything new, it takes time to get used to the functions and how to set everything up. But if you do it well the first time, you will only need to go back to make minor edits for each class. The customer service is TOP NOTCH! This was a HUGE reason I did not get frustrated in those early days of set-up. It took time, but I had assistance at my fingertips whenever I called. Shout our to our support staff

Excellent software for setting up classes and registration

Excellent. I am very appreciative of the software.

Pros

I started a new business this school year, and I am very pleased with the ease of use and tools available to me through the Sawyer system. It has been remarkable!

Cons

The hardest part is not having quick access to a live person when I am having an issue that is not on your training rubric. When money is involved, the anxiety gets high. So, having customer service people we may actually talk to would be my biggest hope. Or not waiting 24 hours for a response for help.

Love Sawyer

Amazing! Sawyer is the best POS I've used for working with children. I'm looking forward to the expansion of the Zapier add-on to automate communications to clients. Customer service is also very responsive and always helpful.

Pros

The software is super easy to use and provides an easy setup for camps, classes, and events!

Cons

Some features like birthday parties and appointments need a little more versatility and ease. I find it easier for customers to only have one step in registering versus multi steps. It would be great to have functionality on the admin side to complete certain orders.

so many room to grow and I can bet that Sawyer will get there in no time!

No app. No merging duplicate customers. No phone look up feature. No teachers payroll report. No everyday phone support. Email customer service is confusing.

Pros

Hello, super cute design grabs everyone's attention. It is one of the best websites which draws customers in their market place. I think the customers love it but not much the administrators. Free trial and discount option helps to attract new customers but some customers keep taking advantage of it by changing emails and creating multiple accounts. Also this website doesn't have duplicate merging...

Cons

Super cute design. The market place brings customers from all over the state.

Thank you so much for your feedback! We believe that a customer who shares critical feedback is a customer who cares. We continue to evolve our products because of feedback like this and would love to connect on how we can improve if you're open to it. Let us know if you have time to hop on a call to review!

Accounting and Payouts are not transparent

While I appreciate the ability to imbed registration on our website, there is no way to track click rates, their customer service is not at all educated on the software and we've gotten responses on average 3 weeks after the initial question is asked! Poor customer service, micropayouts are not transparent, and the cost for ticket items more than 70 usd is more expensive than eventbrite. Unfortunately I can not recommend this platform!

Pros

It can be imbedded on your website. Visually it is appealing to the purchaser.

Cons

Instead of paying out event registration income once, after the event, or one time at the end of each month, they pay out micro payments every 3 days. This renders keeping your checks and balances almost impossible, and we are currently paying extra payroll hours for our accountant to tally up each payment (We are talking about payouts as small as $1.25, when we are receiving as much as 10K a month with their platform). Can you imagine your accountant adding up all of those micropayments to hit 10K? It equates to hours of work. The whole process does not at all match industry standards and is very unrealistic for companies to handle. It's a hidden expense that makes the platform not worth the use.

I am so sorry that you had a less than stellar experience at Sawyer, that is never our intent nor our goal. We continue to evolve our products because of feedback like this and would love to connect on how we can improve if you're open to it.

Great, but not Excellent

I thought the onboarding with Sawyer was smooth and the team was enthusiastic to support our transition into the software. While the service is pretty great, and our support person has been receptive to our needs, it does not seem that Sawyer is able to make adaptive changes based on the customer's needs. I say this with the assumption that organizations similar to ours (in terms of services offered and size of customer base) have similar- if not the same- needs as ours.

Pros

What I like most about the Sawyer software is that it suits the needs of a robust program like ours in that it provides seamless attendance tracking , easy student and parent information maintenance, as well as accessible finance reporting.

Cons

I would say opportunities for Sawyer to improve its program is to make it feasible for prerequisites classes to be offered individually. Also, when reporting, the dates of transactions aren't visible which is helpful for our record keeping. Lastly, there isn't a comprehensive database feature in which one can view the entire enrollment list at a glance.

Great software.

Sawyer has been an upgrade for registering students for our classes, camps and clubs for my business saving me a lot of time. The software makes it easy for returning clients to create accounts and store information and new clients to browse our offerings. It has also added a lot of convenience for teachers to have access to rosters automatically. Sawyer has been a great step toward automation for administration to allow our classes and teachers to stay fully engaged and focused on teaching students.

Pros

After a little training, Sawyer is relatively easy to use. The software makes it easy to create offerings and allow parents or students to register themselves and have all of the information in one place. It has defiantly helped my business become more efficient and freed up administrative time for other important projects to grow our business and reach more students. Sawyer also has the potential to open doors for students from other parts of the country with its centralized marketplace.

Cons

The software integrates well into my website but still has a lot of its own branding on information and registration pages. It would be great if this were a little more subtle as to not confuse new clients about who actually provides the classes. The software can be unintuitive at times but once you’ve used it a bit, things flow easier.

❤️ Sawyer Tools

Customer service is outstanding. I like that the confirmation emails they are automatically sent to clients when they sign up. Software looks fresh and modern.

Pros

I’ve been running a sewing school for 14 years. Incorporating Sawyer Tools has changed my life for the better. I was bogged down with juggling sign ups, keeping class lists current, collecting tuition, tracking financials, sending updates and notices to parents, and so much more. Sawyer Tools takes care of all these tasks in one easy to use platform.

Cons

I would like to be able to have clients sign up and pay for birthday parties without a lot of back ad forth via emails. I would also like to be able to edit more if the client info from my end. For instance adding student allergies , etc.

Easy to implement, high credit card percentage

Pros

Very easy to use, excellent customer support

Cons

High credit card rate compared to other option

Thank you so much for your review and kind words about our customer success team! We pride ourselves on a delightful user experience and easy to use product and appreciate the high marks on quality, support, and features. We currently use Stripe as our payment processing vendor which has standard rates of 2.9%+.30 per transaction. Sawyer does work with all types of educational providers to offer flexible pricing options that meet the needs of their specific industry and business. While we don't have control over the credit card processing rates, we hope that our customers do see the value of the software and product that we have built at Sawyer.

Time Saver!

Pros

I love how easy it makes for our patrons to sign up for our classes. We used to do everything by hand, take payments over the phone.... but now this system gives the ownership of the registration process over to the patrons. It's saved us so much time. Now we can get back to the work we need to get done without wasting time over paperwork.

Cons

I feel like the process of adding semesters and activities could be streamlined a little better. And I wish we could just choose every date of our classes instead of it being an automated feature. Our schedules change quite a bit so sometimes we may have a weekly class on Mondays, but some weeks it changes to Tuesday or the start time may change. It doesn't let you fix any of that which is frustrating.

Sawyer is an Amazing Resource -

Sawyer has give us a great base for registering clients for multiple activities that may be repeat or be one off. The fact that it retains family details so that they do. not have to be fully input for each class or camp is amazing. a parent can just update ages etc. we also love the fact that classes can be promoted wider than our local community.

Pros

if you are in the summer camp, kid business, class business this software makes your life so much easier. Easy to understand set ups and anything you need help with a tech is available to help guide you.

Cons

we have no complaints on software - honestly we love it and continue to find more ways to utilize it.

Beautiful with potential

I really love it, the team has been wonderful and I have recommended the program because it is great and can become better.

Pros

It's beautiful, intuitive for parent to use, modular so it can be used effectively semester after semester.

Cons

I love Sawyer but a few things I'd love to see (and I'd pay more for) are: Payment plans applied to cart, not individual activities. Data management and sorting ability in Sawyer instead of having to export data then sorting it. Easier way to communicate (email) contacts in bulk through Sawyer. The field "grades" should be included in addition to age since more schools are using the program. Pages load super slow because it's so beautiful, maybe have a mode where it isn't so pretty for admin so we can work (create activities, schedule, and finances) faster.

Making registration about as easy and seamless as possible!

Pros

Sawyer has been an instrumental part of our new kids' class. Customer service, ease of use, communication, and transparency are part of our core values as a business, and Sawyer has been important to us because it creates a web experience that extends those values to our customers.

Cons

Pretty much the only drawbacks to working with Sawyer have had to do with their newness and innovation. There have been a few occasions where we've communicated problems to their customer service team. They've responded by saying that they've identified the problem, and are working to roll out a new feature that fixes it. And sure enough, within the next few weeks we'll see an email announcement for the new feature. That means that Sawyer doesn't necessarily do everything we want it to do "out-of-the-box", but I feel confident that if something is missing, it just means they're still working on rolling it out.