Sawyer Logo
Sawyer

Class management software for kids activity providers

visit website

Sawyer Reviews - Page 3

Sawyer makes it easy!

Amazing! Sawyer is responsive, affordable, and easy!

Pros

The Sawyer software is easy to use. The technical support team helps with initial set up and deployment, training, and on-going support which was a very valuable service. Our favorite feature is our ability to make changes quickly and efficiently through a customer-centric design. This was very impactful in our ability to adapt quickly to our customers' needs during the world-wide pandemic. There are reporting features that we find helpful for strategic planning.

Cons

I would like there to be a way for the customer (or at least the company) to choose the calendar layout. I would prefer an option that had a calendar style instead of a text layout.

Brava to Sawyer!

Great experience! Brava!

Pros

Easy to set up. Easy to have individual functionality / details for variety of end services (can set different price-points, days, add-ons, discounts, etc for various camps, classes, events -- while also building on common components like activity-description). Integration into website is great. Customer service excellent and continued improvements much valued. Marketplace exposure is great!

Cons

The bookings / orders feature is a little limited in not displaying current enrolled activities for families who have made changes to their registrations.

Owner and Kids Culinary Coach

I like that they listen and and teach. I’ve found the sawyer social hours to be a valuable and motivating tool.

Pros

I love who Sawyer is constantly improving their product to change with the customers needs in our ever changing landscape.

Cons

Since I have cuisines in various time zones, I’d like the time of class noted for them to match their time zone. Right now I have to be very explicit in my communications about time zones.

I wanted to love it.

It took me a while to come on board with this company. Their management is truly a money driven experience. You can feel it from any company from major corporations to small biz. The way they address their clients and the way they are deeply out for information (emails of their clients', clients) - they are even sneaky about it. I express my utter discontent with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the response was, thanks for giving us a try. Not, let's make it right. I've been in business for 15 years and received the most outlandish, crazy complaints, my customer is always right. Always. This particular company is completely disappointing because I really want to love it and ..... it isn't good deep down to it's core.

Pros

It looks great. That's really it...really, that's the selling point it's all downhill from there.

Cons

The widget slows your website down dramatically and the problem has existed for a long time. Customer Service is the major negative with this platform. They are set in their ways and will do absolutely nothing beyond their initial intentions. There are many other platforms that will customize your experience, and they are nice. Which is great. Cost - You can save $125 a month with multiple other companies. Your clients must sign up for sawyer before even seeing what you have to offer. They are absolutely hungry for your users information.

Hi Michael, I am so sorry that you had a less than stellar experience at Sawyer, that is never our intent nor our goal. We continue to evolve our products because of feedback like this and would love to connect on how we can improve if you're open to it. Let us know if you have time to hop on a call to review!

Love the Customer Support

Very positive

Pros

Customer Service, the team is very helpful and answer questions quickly.

Cons

There are some functions that are very repetitive, some copy and paste functions would really help. It would save time when listing classes and reduce errors. There does seem to be a tendency for the tech team to build new features when improving some of the base features would be more impactful.

Easy to use and implement

I have really loved the payment reminders and that the site automatically deposits the money into my accounts. I don't have to think about that. I think it is easy to email and ask for help, or sign up and get a zoom appointment.

Pros

I loved working face to face (via zoom) with the Sawyer Team. It was nice being able to put a face with a name. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was extremely helpful and eager to solve my problems. I appreciated that Sawyer did everything, including tidying up my website a little. All I did was answer questions and give approval and Sawyer did the rest.

Cons

I have a different class/session schedule than most outside educators. In order to make my sessions work for my clients we had to wiggle somethings around and call somethings different from the terminology I had previously been using. For example, All private lessons can only be found on my kids page, even if you're an adult, and there is no way to request a semi-private lesson for two people. I also have clients who only want to take one month of sessions confused when they have to go to the "Semester classes" page. I also wish there was a way for clients to pay Venmo or Cash without ME having to be the one that fills in their registration forms.

Sawyer for Piano Studio

I am booking 50% more than I have previously! Customer service is very responsive, friendly and ready to help. I just wish there were some more intuitive features in place on the back end.

Pros

I like that I can set up my classes, have students be in charge of their credit card, and limit how much my teachers can see. I love that i can put a link in my website so that people can sign up for free classes on their own.

Cons

When I make modifications to a class for the future, it changes all past classes. There's no great way to set up a subscription but allow people to pay via check or cash, only via payment plan. The payments should be easier to use for everyone. Receipts should reflect how they paid me that month rather than the total value of the payment plan. When downloading custom forms, I would love to have each custom field have its own column rather than bunched together.

Excellent service!

I received a cold-call from a Sawyer rep right at the perfect time in my business’s development. The support was excellent, so help and friendly.

Pros

As the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] of my business, I appreciate having support in the business end of things. Sawyer understands what parents/caregivers want when searching and register for programs for their children. Platform is easy for customers to use, and easy for me to learn to administer. Excellent support from Sawyer staff.

Cons

Sometimes I have trouble uploading photos to my account because they are in the wrong format.

A lot of great things going for it

Pros

I loved that the graphics were beautiful, and that I was able to add pictures/logos to a presentable page for my families.

Cons

An automatic waitlist would be great! When a class fills up, have families enter a waitlist with their credit card info and when a space opens, the next person is automatically added and notified. I also had trouble with adding one child to one class last year. The class was full but wanted to allow one additional student in. It turned out the only way this parent could pay was in person because...

I've given up.

Pros

I initially chose this software because it's specifically made for the industry I am in; play space and child groups. I like the look of the design as well.

Cons

I am extraordinarily frustrated with this company. First of all, they rely on customer support people who can't solve problems, only kick them to the engineering team. I don't hear back on bugs that need fixing, or hear from anyone other than this poor guy who's getting all my issues. Second the bugs we're experiencing are completely dumb; minor things that should not be an issue by this stage of their...

Hi Lindsay, I'm sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience with Sawyer. I know our head of Customer Success is already working with you directly to remedy these issues. Regarding refunds and credit card processing fees, this is unfortunately something controlled by our payment processor Stripe and not in our control. Most payment processors do not return fees on refunded payments but we do understand the frustration. At the moment our default payment option is every 2 business days, but we can adjust payouts to a variety of options that may be better for your business. We are here to support your needs and hope you give us another chance to improve your experience working with Sawyer.

Best in the biz

This is a company that truly cares about innovating and earning their customers business. I can’t imagine using a different software. Having Sawyer really helped me grow more as a business!

Pros

Sawyer is hands-down the most functional software for activity management. It has a gorgeous interface for backend use and for our clients. The Sawyer widget really elevates the look and functionality of our website.

Cons

I do wish the display widget that clients use to register was more customizable. Membership features aren’t as developed as I need them to be which requires a few special work arounds on my part. Tech support is email only; wish there was a phone number to call.

Loving the ease and customer service the most!

Sign up is so much easier for everyone involved. Just wonderful!

Pros

Love that I get immediate responses when I have a question. I never feel like I'm left to fend for myself. Great customer service. It's really easy to operate. I can have all my teachers access their classes separately and I can see how they communicate with their students and parents. It just makes life so much easier!

Cons

I would love to have an "order books here" tab for each class. It would also be great to be able to ad a siblings discount to classes even if they don't take the same class. I would love to see "at a glance" what teacher is teaching what class and how many students are in that class.

Sawyer is hands down the best!

Sawyer has the best customer service I’ve ever encountered. They were always available and prepared to help me with any changes I needed to make to my software set up and they promptly answered any questions I had. I would work with Sawyer again in a heartbeat.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use. The features are intuitive and it integrated seamlessly into my Squarespace website. From the customer point of view, the design is attractive and easy to use.

Cons

I can’t think of anything I didn’t like about the software.

Sawyer is the reason we were able to stay connected to families during COVID

Pros

Sawyer is parent-friendly and makes registering for any activity super easy, which means more registrants! If we didn't have Sawyer, we would've never been able to transition to virtual classes during COVID so flawlessly. Also, Sawyers customer service is INCREDIBLE! They've patiently helped us with any challenges we've faced and are always so positive and responsive.

Cons

Running reports that allow you to look at the exact revenue of a class, camp, or activity can be challenging if people register for more than one class, camp, or activity at the same time because they are all grouped together.

Administrator

System works. Whenever I run into something that does not fit or work for us, I do get a reply within a day which is super important.

Pros

Many features are super user friendly. Some need to be worked on, but having quick email replies helps so much

Cons

Not being able to call in if I needed to talk with someone right away

I love Sawyer platform

I love their prompt replies to help requests. They are easy to work with and overall the platform is easy to use.

Pros

Sawyer has put all my customer sign ups, scheduling, transactions, and communication into one place. The best is that they do auto deposit, I don't have to do an extra step. I like that my email list is auto-updated regularly. Once I got used to how to list and schedule my classes it is very simple.

Cons

I don't like that I can't make templates. I don't like copying the listing and just reuse it. That works sometimes, but a template would make it faster. Especially if it kept the tags. I want an easy way to customize my landing page. I also don't like how there isn't storage for the images either. The help feature is a little clunky. Live help would be awesome.

Sawyer helps keep my business going and growing!

Pros

I love the ease of use for me and for my clients. There's never a problem with the user interface, the clients are happy, and I get to save time and effort registering individuals by myself the old way.

Cons

There isn't much missing. Perhaps there could be an easier way to move people from the waitlist into the class - like an automated notice that alerts me when an opening becomes available and which client is next in line to get in

Sawyer

Good. Service chat is sometimes great and sometimes useless.

Pros

Pretty easy to use and functional for our needs. Adaptable to use.

Cons

Reporting for financials is not all that my accountant would like. Hard to sort information for different uses. Everyone in company needs to be in the same view (calendar versus list) Calendar doesn't let you scroll down to see what is happening in the next month you need to manually change months. This is difficult for many month semesters of classes.

Makes my Life so Much Easier and my Business Organized

Pros

I like the organized dashboard. I can see the calendar of my week of classes, and I can set up registration for future classes. I can pull info from previous camps, events, etc.

Cons

I can't think of anything except: I wish it was easier for my customers to switch from "semesters" to "camps/events." When I list something under camp/events tab, I have to explain it a lot to customers how to get there on my enrollment page.

Some essentials missing

Pros

It's easy for us to enter class information adn we like that all our educators can have their own log-ins.

Cons

There is no flex on pricing -- no ability for sliding scale or a variety of pricing options. This is our biggest issue and why we still use Eventbrite for many of our events. The design is sort of meh. We wish there was more flex to personalize it. Search function is not intuitive/ hard to search for classes (from a consumer point) Back pages are not intuitive. Example: we were looking for a financial summary report from one of our providers and it took me over 30 minutes to find this.

Now that I've gotten the hang of it, I definitely think it's a great service!

Pros

It was very easy to get my classes set up and I find the way the system works to be functional. I haven't had many issues at all as an administrator.

Cons

I do find that it works the best from my computer as opposed to my phone. As a teacher, I've had several parents have issues with signups going through, but honestly, that might be due to parent error or administrator error. Now that I'm running my own registrations, I haven't had any problems.

Sawyer for nonprofit event and class management

Sawyer was fantastic when we had to quickly switch all our classes online.

Pros

I like being able to create a calendar of all our upcoming events. Sawyer makes it easy to handle registration, create rosters, assign instructors and processes payments quickly

Cons

I would like it if Sawyer did more to promote events and activities in market areas. Unlike Eventbrite, Sawyer is not a name recognized by parents searching for classes for their children. In fact, it is difficult to even find Sawyer in a Google search since a clean water company with the same name comes up first.

Love the comprehensive scheduling capabilities and the way it works with my website.

From the start I have loved using Sawyer because it's complex yet easy to figure out. And, the company has adapted so much to Covid and feedback.

Pros

That I can see clearly my schedule for the day, week or month, and plan. That I have all my clients info safely in the system and do not need a separate system in my space.

Cons

Some of the features are hard for clients to find like switching from classes to camps. Also I wish I got notifications for products like when a party request comes in like I get a notification when someone gets off the waitlist.

Fantastic, easy to use platform with a responsive tech team

This software is incredibly user friendly and has features that make scheduling, registration, and management of programs simple and effective. Any issues I had with the platform would be responded to within a day and generally fixed within 2. The team behind Sawyer is friendly and helpful, and the software was exactly what I needed to more smoothly run a youth summer camp.

Pros

User friendly platform, responsive and helpful tech team, great features for youth program management. I especially like how easy the financial aspects of the platform are - customers can register for a class, do add-ons, and I can do quick charges to a saved card as needed. Financial records and reports are easy to access and read.

Cons

I had a few issues with getting some customers registered due to some software bugs/glitches, but the tech team was communicative and resolved the problem within a week.

Great software for registrations!

I have been super impressed with the way Sawyer is adding options and new features all the time. The customer service I have received from Isabelle and the rest of the team is top-notch!

Pros

I love that I have all of my services in one place. It makes registration simple and easy for both my customers and myself! I also love that I can create a service once and then simply copy and paste it into my schedule. It makes customization very easy.

Cons

Sometimes the navigation of Sawyer Tools can be cumbersome. It would be nice to have a menu drop-down that allows access to other pages without having to go back to the main menu each time. Also, being able to add a quantity option for adult events and classes would be quite helpful.