Sawyer Logo
Sawyer

Class management software for kids activity providers

visit website

Sawyer Reviews - Page 3

MG

Michelle G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Sawyer Tools for family

The customer service is great- my clients would really appreciate an app to register though.

Pros

Customer service, combination of this platform used with others like mail chimp and banking .

Cons

Some of my classes are for adults only and that can be cumbersome to register when they are already set up for their children.

RM

ROBERT M.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Perfect for all your needs

Amazing!

Pros

This is the most user-friendly, easy to use and learn software that I have ever used! Super easy to set up and use daily! Your customers will love it! Customer service is amazing! like honestly, the best ever! I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Sawyer!

Cons

I like everything! You got a lot for the money!

SC

Sarah C.

LOVE Sawyer, huge improvement over MindBody

Pros

Sawyer's customer service is stellar, they always respond quickly and usually are able to address the issue within a day or so. The interface is user-friendly, both on the admin backside as well as for the parents looking for classes. I appreciate that it looks good embedded in my website, and that each activity has an option of a direct link.

Cons

There are a few spots where I can't customize as much as I need. Particularly around summer camps.

Ara C.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Very easy to use and adds a professional look to my website

Pros

1. I love that HiSawyer is specific to use for children activities and classes. I tried other booking plugins or websites that were a "one size fits all" (appointments for nail salon or doctor's office) and well... they didn't quite fit for my business. For instance, HiSawyer allows the possibility to see the age and birthdate of the kids, having an "older sibling discount", adding semesters or multiple...

Cons

I really love everything about it. If I had to really look for perfection: it would be awesome if there was an app. It might be just me, but checking it from mobile can be a little bit frustrating sometimes. Nothing out of this world, not bugs or errors, just think about checking social media from a web browser in your phone. But other than that, I love this!

RA

Rachel A.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

New children's art class studio experience

It has aided me in organizing the type of classes I offer.

Pros

Once a customer is registered it is very user-friendly and easy for them to register for classes or for me to book them on their behalf. I can access customer information quickly and easily. I like that the financials are relatively simple to navigate and monitor. It has a professional appearance and I appreciate that some customizations are available by request.

Cons

There is a pretty steep learning curve. I would like a simpler, more direct way to book a one-on-one customer service appointment but the help desk is quick to reply to questions and concerns via email.

LF

Lauren F.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Limited support when problem arose, very basic functions

Not the best start so far. I'm hoping things get better and more functions will be added soon.

Pros

The software is easy for customers to use. It has a clean look and the widgets are nice on our website. I don't have much to compare to but putting the program into place was relatively easy.

Cons

The tech support available is limited. Contact is only through email. We also do not have direct access to Stripe, the third party credit card processor, you have to go through Sawyer with questions/concerns. This was a huge issue when our Stripe account was disabled due to bank verification needed. There was no notice given to submit the verification and even after I submitted the requested documentation...

CD

Carlie D.

One Stop Shop

Easy to use. User friendly. Simple interface. Intuitive. Thorough. We LOVE IT!

Pros

Sawyer has been a game-changer for us. We've used Brightwheel, ProCare, Eventbrite, and Google forms to try to figure out how to manage classes and Sawyer has been the best by far. Setting up the classes was so easy. The program is intuitive and offers all the features that we need it to.

Cons

We wish Sawyer had an app that our community could download, create an account, log in and use as a communication platform between teachers and parents. This would be the cherry on top!

MH

Marisol H.

Primary/Secondary Education, self-employed

Big help to a small business

Overall I am satisfied with the program. It’s more affordable than hiring someone to do the enrollment for me and saves me a lot of time

Pros

My favorite thing is that all payments are made through the program and reminders are automatically sent out for payments due. I haven’t had to make that phone call to a parent all year! I also like how fast the transfers are made into my bank account when payments are received

Cons

Navigation through the back end gets better with practice but it’s still a bit clunky. I find myself having to hit the back arrow a lot. A very specific-to-me feature I would love to see is a space to upload the voucher from the schools. Some of the classes that i offer are covered by charter school funds which each parent has to request from their school. If I could upload the voucher, or just an image of it or even a check box so that I could see in one place which parents have their class paid for already, I wouldn’t have to cross reference everything and it would be a big help

CK

Cassandra K.

Farming, 11-50 employees

Time Saving Software!!!

Pros

Sawyer has been a blessing! It’s allowed the company to have all the registrations, tickets, forms and payment online. It’s great being able to see the finances all in one spot and create coupons, refund or cancel/transfer bookings. The classes and camps are easy to set up and modify. Clients do not have issues registering for events. There is an option to create financial reports and you can download email addresses for communications.

Cons

Only one very small con. I wish we had the option change some of the wording. For example: instead of classes/sessions it’s events

CG

Carl G.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Sawyer is important to WAS.

I have great confidence in Sawyer as I work to grow my business.

Pros

Sawyer makes what we do to keep the business moving forward much easier. They have amazing support and desire to grow their product offering.

Cons

The ability to connect to my google calendar is very important but not yet possible.

EC

Emily C.

Music, self-employed

Sawyer for music & movement classes

Registration using Sawyer has become so much easier with this program! I cannot tell you how many softwares I tried before finding Sawyer and nothing worked. When I had my initial call it was almost too good to be true! The functionality has taken a lot of the pain and frustration out of the registration process and I really enjoy using the software.

Pros

From the very first time I reached out to Sawyer for an initial phone call, their team has been nothing but helpful, incredibly responsive, and easy to work with. I offer music/movement classes and find it helpful to see the full calendar in upcoming mode. Sawyer integrates well with my website, and parents (for the most part) have not had any issues registering for classes. Enjoy have a month to month payment option, too! As a small business that is just getting started I appreciate the flexible pricing and all of the support from the Sawyer staff!

Cons

The ability to customize a bit more would be nice. Software is probably great for a traditional run school/daycare program/summer camp, however my weekly music class program I find areas that I wish I had a workaround or option in the software to make registration easier for my parents. It would be helpful if the tabs could be changed to fit the names of my classes, as well as the ability to have people use class packs without there being a drop in fee associated. These things might just be specific to my program though!

NC

Nicola C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Made my life so much easier

It has been a real life changer and saved me so much time. Thank you!!

Pros

I like that it automatically uploads directly onto my website. That I am able to contact everyone enrolled in a class at one time. That I can Use the app as my attendance. I can offer coupon codes or different registration set ups for different classes or locations. The list is endless. I love it!

Cons

Some customers have found the registration set up a little Confusing to find the right class. Messages sent to a group come from sawyer and often end up in junk mail.

MK

Marie K.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Excellent software for setting up classes and registration

Excellent. I am very appreciative of the software.

Pros

I started a new business this school year, and I am very pleased with the ease of use and tools available to me through the Sawyer system. It has been remarkable!

Cons

The hardest part is not having quick access to a live person when I am having an issue that is not on your training rubric. When money is involved, the anxiety gets high. So, having customer service people we may actually talk to would be my biggest hope. Or not waiting 24 hours for a response for help.

SG

Sarah G.

Incredibly easy to use and nicely streamlined for parents. I love their customer service too!

I'm having a much smoother time registering families for my programs. Previously I had a lot of drop ins and even registrations who hadn't actually paid, but with Sawyer I've really minimized how many people I have to track down for payment later. I also appreciate that there are questions built into registration and that I can even add more questions, which comes in very handy when I'm running the camp and have kids for the whole day.

Pros

It is really user-friendly. It did not take long to learn it and I can train my admin staff to use it pretty quickly. I like the interface, everything looks nice and is readily accessible. I LOVE the customer service team, they have always been really fantastic and totally understand my needs as a small business offering kids' programming.

Cons

It is simpler than some of the other registration systems, which I think mostly works to it's advantage. Sometimes though I need the software to do something more specific and there's not an option available. I do appreciate that their customer service team is always really responsive to these moments though. They either walk me through other options or even talk to the development team about adding further features.

HC

Heather C.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

Customized for our unique small business

Sawyer gave us the ability to go fully online with registration, attendance and is a great tool as a small business owner to help guide payroll and organize my clients.

Pros

Ease of use on the backend. Easily customize classes, coupons, view live registration in multiple locations on my phone, tablet, or laptop.

Cons

Some less than tech-savvy parents find it hard to navigate to register. Tracking financials could be clearer.

MK

Michele K.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Love Sawyer

Amazing! Sawyer is the best POS I've used for working with children. I'm looking forward to the expansion of the Zapier add-on to automate communications to clients. Customer service is also very responsive and always helpful.

Pros

The software is super easy to use and provides an easy setup for camps, classes, and events!

Cons

Some features like birthday parties and appointments need a little more versatility and ease. I find it easier for customers to only have one step in registering versus multi steps. It would be great to have functionality on the admin side to complete certain orders.

KK

Kristin K.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Didn’t work for us

My overall experience was not good. The learning curve was too long and steep. And that wasn’t completely the fault of Sawyer. I took over, rather I was thrown head first into, running the barn. So nothing had been defined. I had to define every aspect of the program and the same time as I was hiring people and learning the business. Now that I have been running the business for a year, I am more comfortable with it but Sawyer still wouldn’t be the best option for us. I also had a lot of trouble getting help.

Pros

I didn’t like anything about it. I liked the “promise” that it could be amazing. But the implementation was too cumbersome for us

Cons

It was confusing, it wasn’t self explanatory. It was cumbersome. Setting up new classes and camps for a new “semester” was tedious. There was no option to do the same as the current semester and change the dates. I think this was the biggest draw back for me. My classes are the same from semester to semester, so to have to enter them all manually each time was a huge pain in the ass.

Hi Kristin, I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Sawyer. Being thrown into an experience, as it seems like you were, is never easy especially learning new software. I know our team tried working with you directly to remedy these issues but ultimately you made the decision to cancel your services in August 2021. We would love another opportunity to support your needs and hope you give us a chance to improve your experience working with Sawyer.

IW

Idena W.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Great product! Still working out some bugs

Class management was the biggest thing I needed help with, and it's amazing at that! There are still some bugs or feature requests that haven't happened, but I hope they'll come soon!

Pros

Easy to set up and get started. Ease of use, most things are pretty instinctual. The automatic charging is fantastic! Class management is SO MUCH easier with this system!

Cons

No way to cancel all future payments, so have to go in one by one.

NF

Nate F.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

The steel your patron information

Pros

I am so disgusted by the deceit that this company does not make it clear that they use your patrons personal information to advertise to them.

Cons

They take you patron person information and use it for their own marketing purposes. This was NOT made clear prior to contract. We are getting so many complaints about spam from sawyer.

Hi Nate, I'm sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience with Sawyer. I know our team has reached out and would love the opportunity to discuss more in depth. Upon creating an account with Sawyer, customers are given an option to opt-in to receiving marketing and communications from your business as well as from Sawyer. Customers can of course opt-out of communication at any time from any of our marketing or promotional emails by clicking unsubscribe on any email they receive. Here is our help center article explaining more: https://help.hisawyer.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500008819322 We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and feedback with us. We are here to support your needs and hope you continue to find value in working with Sawyer.

YM

Yvette M.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Sawyer for the WIN!!!

Pros

Everything is so easy to navigate and set up my classes. It’s user friendly for my customers.

Cons

I don’t really have anything that I speak of…Sawyer has been great!

JL

James L.

YNOT Summer Camp

Better than life was, prior. It gives us a more professional face forward, plus helps us manage the fee recovery of our events.

Pros

The ability to set up events for automatic online registering and not having AR at the end of the summer, or at the end of a semester.

Cons

Inability to speak with someone, without buying some annual package. Why not offer technical "spot help" for a flat fee per instance? My IT guy can be reached almost 24/7 and he does alot of things over the phone or via remote connect to my laptop for $20 to $100 per whack.

DS

DeMarcus S.

Great, but not Excellent

I thought the onboarding with Sawyer was smooth and the team was enthusiastic to support our transition into the software. While the service is pretty great, and our support person has been receptive to our needs, it does not seem that Sawyer is able to make adaptive changes based on the customer's needs. I say this with the assumption that organizations similar to ours (in terms of services offered and size of customer base) have similar- if not the same- needs as ours.

Pros

What I like most about the Sawyer software is that it suits the needs of a robust program like ours in that it provides seamless attendance tracking , easy student and parent information maintenance, as well as accessible finance reporting.

Cons

I would say opportunities for Sawyer to improve its program is to make it feasible for prerequisites classes to be offered individually. Also, when reporting, the dates of transactions aren't visible which is helpful for our record keeping. Lastly, there isn't a comprehensive database feature in which one can view the entire enrollment list at a glance.

MP

Mary P.

Management at it's best

Great! The help desk reaponds quickly and it has added a new layer of usability for my clients.

Pros

Easy to use Cost effecrive Customer service

Cons

Add ons dont always line up with what we need

CK

Christie K.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Great software.

Sawyer has been an upgrade for registering students for our classes, camps and clubs for my business saving me a lot of time. The software makes it easy for returning clients to create accounts and store information and new clients to browse our offerings. It has also added a lot of convenience for teachers to have access to rosters automatically. Sawyer has been a great step toward automation for administration to allow our classes and teachers to stay fully engaged and focused on teaching students.

Pros

After a little training, Sawyer is relatively easy to use. The software makes it easy to create offerings and allow parents or students to register themselves and have all of the information in one place. It has defiantly helped my business become more efficient and freed up administrative time for other important projects to grow our business and reach more students. Sawyer also has the potential to open doors for students from other parts of the country with its centralized marketplace.

Cons

The software integrates well into my website but still has a lot of its own branding on information and registration pages. It would be great if this were a little more subtle as to not confuse new clients about who actually provides the classes. The software can be unintuitive at times but once you’ve used it a bit, things flow easier.

MR

Meg R.

❤️ Sawyer Tools

Customer service is outstanding. I like that the confirmation emails they are automatically sent to clients when they sign up. Software looks fresh and modern.

Pros

I’ve been running a sewing school for 14 years. Incorporating Sawyer Tools has changed my life for the better. I was bogged down with juggling sign ups, keeping class lists current, collecting tuition, tracking financials, sending updates and notices to parents, and so much more. Sawyer Tools takes care of all these tasks in one easy to use platform.

Cons

I would like to be able to have clients sign up and pay for birthday parties without a lot of back ad forth via emails. I would also like to be able to edit more if the client info from my end. For instance adding student allergies , etc.