Sawyer Logo
Sawyer

Class management software for kids activity providers

visit website

Sawyer Reviews - Page 4

LG

Loren G.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Easy to implement, high credit card percentage

Pros

Very easy to use, excellent customer support

Cons

High credit card rate compared to other option

Thank you so much for your review and kind words about our customer success team! We pride ourselves on a delightful user experience and easy to use product and appreciate the high marks on quality, support, and features. We currently use Stripe as our payment processing vendor which has standard rates of 2.9%+.30 per transaction. Sawyer does work with all types of educational providers to offer flexible pricing options that meet the needs of their specific industry and business. While we don't have control over the credit card processing rates, we hope that our customers do see the value of the software and product that we have built at Sawyer.

ML

Megan L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Time Saver!

Pros

I love how easy it makes for our patrons to sign up for our classes. We used to do everything by hand, take payments over the phone.... but now this system gives the ownership of the registration process over to the patrons. It's saved us so much time. Now we can get back to the work we need to get done without wasting time over paperwork.

Cons

I feel like the process of adding semesters and activities could be streamlined a little better. And I wish we could just choose every date of our classes instead of it being an automated feature. Our schedules change quite a bit so sometimes we may have a weekly class on Mondays, but some weeks it changes to Tuesday or the start time may change. It doesn't let you fix any of that which is frustrating.

ss

susan s.

Events Services, self-employed

Sawyer is an Amazing Resource -

Sawyer has give us a great base for registering clients for multiple activities that may be repeat or be one off. The fact that it retains family details so that they do. not have to be fully input for each class or camp is amazing. a parent can just update ages etc. we also love the fact that classes can be promoted wider than our local community.

Pros

if you are in the summer camp, kid business, class business this software makes your life so much easier. Easy to understand set ups and anything you need help with a tech is available to help guide you.

Cons

we have no complaints on software - honestly we love it and continue to find more ways to utilize it.

KB

Katie B.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Beautiful with potential

I really love it, the team has been wonderful and I have recommended the program because it is great and can become better.

Pros

It's beautiful, intuitive for parent to use, modular so it can be used effectively semester after semester.

Cons

I love Sawyer but a few things I'd love to see (and I'd pay more for) are: Payment plans applied to cart, not individual activities. Data management and sorting ability in Sawyer instead of having to export data then sorting it. Easier way to communicate (email) contacts in bulk through Sawyer. The field "grades" should be included in addition to age since more schools are using the program. Pages load super slow because it's so beautiful, maybe have a mode where it isn't so pretty for admin so we can work (create activities, schedule, and finances) faster.

AT

Alexander T.

Music, 1-10 employees

Making registration about as easy and seamless as possible!

Pros

Sawyer has been an instrumental part of our new kids' class. Customer service, ease of use, communication, and transparency are part of our core values as a business, and Sawyer has been important to us because it creates a web experience that extends those values to our customers.

Cons

Pretty much the only drawbacks to working with Sawyer have had to do with their newness and innovation. There have been a few occasions where we've communicated problems to their customer service team. They've responded by saying that they've identified the problem, and are working to roll out a new feature that fixes it. And sure enough, within the next few weeks we'll see an email announcement for the new feature. That means that Sawyer doesn't necessarily do everything we want it to do "out-of-the-box", but I feel confident that if something is missing, it just means they're still working on rolling it out.

TC

Tasha C.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Sawyer makes it easy!

Amazing! Sawyer is responsive, affordable, and easy!

Pros

The Sawyer software is easy to use. The technical support team helps with initial set up and deployment, training, and on-going support which was a very valuable service. Our favorite feature is our ability to make changes quickly and efficiently through a customer-centric design. This was very impactful in our ability to adapt quickly to our customers' needs during the world-wide pandemic. There are reporting features that we find helpful for strategic planning.

Cons

I would like there to be a way for the customer (or at least the company) to choose the calendar layout. I would prefer an option that had a calendar style instead of a text layout.

RR

Ruby R.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Sawyer Review

My overall experience is very positive. It's obvious that Sawyer is aware of how difficult coordinating programs can be and it shows in how user friendly the platform is. I also love that we can duplicate camps now! Being able to do that was so helpful this year!

Pros

The ease of use and the customer support. I also appreciate the webinars.

Cons

The dashboard can be a little difficult to navigate. I do fine now but when I first started using sawyer it wasn't always clear where everything "lived", if that make sense. The website looks great though.

SR

Samantha R.

Brava to Sawyer!

Great experience! Brava!

Pros

Easy to set up. Easy to have individual functionality / details for variety of end services (can set different price-points, days, add-ons, discounts, etc for various camps, classes, events -- while also building on common components like activity-description). Integration into website is great. Customer service excellent and continued improvements much valued. Marketplace exposure is great!

Cons

The bookings / orders feature is a little limited in not displaying current enrolled activities for families who have made changes to their registrations.

AD

Armena D. J.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Owner and Kids Culinary Coach

I like that they listen and and teach. I’ve found the sawyer social hours to be a valuable and motivating tool.

Pros

I love who Sawyer is constantly improving their product to change with the customers needs in our ever changing landscape.

Cons

Since I have cuisines in various time zones, I’d like the time of class noted for them to match their time zone. Right now I have to be very explicit in my communications about time zones.

AC

Amy C.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Easy to use and implement

I have really loved the payment reminders and that the site automatically deposits the money into my accounts. I don't have to think about that. I think it is easy to email and ask for help, or sign up and get a zoom appointment.

Pros

I loved working face to face (via zoom) with the Sawyer Team. It was nice being able to put a face with a name. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was extremely helpful and eager to solve my problems. I appreciated that Sawyer did everything, including tidying up my website a little. All I did was answer questions and give approval and Sawyer did the rest.

Cons

I have a different class/session schedule than most outside educators. In order to make my sessions work for my clients we had to wiggle somethings around and call somethings different from the terminology I had previously been using. For example, All private lessons can only be found on my kids page, even if you're an adult, and there is no way to request a semi-private lesson for two people. I also have clients who only want to take one month of sessions confused when they have to go to the "Semester classes" page. I also wish there was a way for clients to pay Venmo or Cash without ME having to be the one that fills in their registration forms.

JR

Joanie R.

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Sawyer is smart and user friendly.

I am delighted with Sawyer! It is so easy to use. I am able to spend my time focusing on my work and have the peace of mind that administration is handled swiftly, thoroughly and professionally.

Pros

Sawyer is so user friendly. Even for those that are less tech savvy than others. The customer service and tech support are top notch and prompt to answer any questions.

Cons

I have not been able to attend any of the online workshops because I have always been working when they occur.

AB

Aoife B.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Excellent service!

I received a cold-call from a Sawyer rep right at the perfect time in my business’s development. The support was excellent, so help and friendly.

Pros

As the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] of my business, I appreciate having support in the business end of things. Sawyer understands what parents/caregivers want when searching and register for programs for their children. Platform is easy for customers to use, and easy for me to learn to administer. Excellent support from Sawyer staff.

Cons

Sometimes I have trouble uploading photos to my account because they are in the wrong format.

BM

Brian M.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Love the Customer Support

Very positive

Pros

Customer Service, the team is very helpful and answer questions quickly.

Cons

There are some functions that are very repetitive, some copy and paste functions would really help. It would save time when listing classes and reduce errors. There does seem to be a tendency for the tech team to build new features when improving some of the base features would be more impactful.

KG

Kimberly G.

Education Management, self-employed

Owner and Manading Director

Overall, my experience with this product has been great. I appreciate the quick response time from customer service when I run into any issues. I would like to capture better data from my reports. It's sometimes difficult to capture what I'm looking for.

Pros

I like that the system streamlines my registration process for families. It's helpful to have the attendance lists generated from the registration process. I like that I can communicate with families individually, or as a class with messaging. I like that the system sends me confirmations of new registrations.

Cons

The wait period of receiving payouts, and not receiving payouts on the weekends.

Stephanie W.

Education Management, self-employed

Sawyer is essential!

I recommend Sawyer to anyone who is seeking a more streamlined registration software for any type of class!

Pros

Sawyer has been SO incredibly user friendly and has allowed me to confidently market my classes and confirm registrations so much easier than using my old method of Google forms.

Cons

I would love to see more email integrations!

CM

Cheryl M.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Easy online registration for customers

I enjoy the platform and my customers do too.

Pros

My customers can learn about all of our programs in one place and register for them easily. I can track registration at a glance and make changes as needed.

Cons

Rosters are difficult to read when printed and it's an important part of our camps.

CA

Carmen A.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Friendly platform

It is an amazing tool for our company. It provides efficient enrollment and online payments.

Pros

For our company, Sawyer is critical for student enrollment, being private lessons, group classes or productions.

Cons

One thing that is not included is the ability to uncheck a student once it has been checked in.

LA

Loren A.

Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees

Unresponsive Tech Support

Terrible.

Pros

The look of the user interface - everything is on one page with a photo.

Cons

We have many glitches which are never addressed. Also, you have to enter each class separately every semester - there is no cloning function. There is customer support but nothing has ever been done about ANY of the glitches or issues we have had.

Hi Loren, We are sorry to hear that you've had a frustrating experience with your account. We have reached out directly to discuss your concerns but we haven't heard back from you. We'd love an opportunity to make this right. Looking forward to connecting when the time is right. Kind regards, The Sawyer Team

HS

Heather S.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Sawyer for After School Camp

Our overall experience over the last four or five years that we have been using sawyer, we have loved the program.

Pros

The ability to change it to what we need and for our summer camp that has worked for us. For our after school program it is not working.

Cons

That it is not working for our after school program. We are having issues with the options for parents showing up and the ability for the program to bill out accordingly.

GK

Gabrielle K.

Music, 1-10 employees

Sawyer for Piano Studio

I am booking 50% more than I have previously! Customer service is very responsive, friendly and ready to help. I just wish there were some more intuitive features in place on the back end.

Pros

I like that I can set up my classes, have students be in charge of their credit card, and limit how much my teachers can see. I love that i can put a link in my website so that people can sign up for free classes on their own.

Cons

When I make modifications to a class for the future, it changes all past classes. There's no great way to set up a subscription but allow people to pay via check or cash, only via payment plan. The payments should be easier to use for everyone. Receipts should reflect how they paid me that month rather than the total value of the payment plan. When downloading custom forms, I would love to have each custom field have its own column rather than bunched together.

Kyle G.

Music, self-employed

A lot of great things going for it

Pros

I loved that the graphics were beautiful, and that I was able to add pictures/logos to a presentable page for my families.

Cons

An automatic waitlist would be great! When a class fills up, have families enter a waitlist with their credit card info and when a space opens, the next person is automatically added and notified. I also had trouble with adding one child to one class last year. The class was full but wanted to allow one additional student in. It turned out the only way this parent could pay was in person because...

mf

marissa f.

Best in the biz

This is a company that truly cares about innovating and earning their customers business. I can’t imagine using a different software. Having Sawyer really helped me grow more as a business!

Pros

Sawyer is hands-down the most functional software for activity management. It has a gorgeous interface for backend use and for our clients. The Sawyer widget really elevates the look and functionality of our website.

Cons

I do wish the display widget that clients use to register was more customizable. Membership features aren’t as developed as I need them to be which requires a few special work arounds on my part. Tech support is email only; wish there was a phone number to call.

MS

Melanie S.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Loving the ease and customer service the most!

Sign up is so much easier for everyone involved. Just wonderful!

Pros

Love that I get immediate responses when I have a question. I never feel like I'm left to fend for myself. Great customer service. It's really easy to operate. I can have all my teachers access their classes separately and I can see how they communicate with their students and parents. It just makes life so much easier!

Cons

I would love to have an "order books here" tab for each class. It would also be great to be able to ad a siblings discount to classes even if they don't take the same class. I would love to see "at a glance" what teacher is teaching what class and how many students are in that class.

WP

Whitney P.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Used other for 6-12 months

Sawyer is hands down the best!

Sawyer has the best customer service I’ve ever encountered. They were always available and prepared to help me with any changes I needed to make to my software set up and they promptly answered any questions I had. I would work with Sawyer again in a heartbeat.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use. The features are intuitive and it integrated seamlessly into my Squarespace website. From the customer point of view, the design is attractive and easy to use.

Cons

I can’t think of anything I didn’t like about the software.

CK

Chelsea K.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Sawyer is the reason we were able to stay connected to families during COVID

Pros

Sawyer is parent-friendly and makes registering for any activity super easy, which means more registrants! If we didn't have Sawyer, we would've never been able to transition to virtual classes during COVID so flawlessly. Also, Sawyers customer service is INCREDIBLE! They've patiently helped us with any challenges we've faced and are always so positive and responsive.

Cons

Running reports that allow you to look at the exact revenue of a class, camp, or activity can be challenging if people register for more than one class, camp, or activity at the same time because they are all grouped together.