Sawyer Logo
Sawyer

Class management software for kids activity providers

visit website

Sawyer Reviews - Page 6

BH

Beth H.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Sawyer as a class registration system

Pros

Customer support is superb. Liked that it linked with constant contact.Like the easy of use of the customer.Liked the fact that it automates everything.

Cons

Intergration at first was hard but once it's in it's very easy.Would like a mass class text feature.Would like sibling discounts to be applied even if registering for different classes.

RG

Ryan G.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

This is a great product!

overall we have been very happy with our experience with Sawyer. It has really made managing our workshops much easier.

Pros

This is the first product we found to have all the functions that we wanted in one place. Easy to set up new classes and workshops. Easy to access class rosters, and communicate with students in the class. It makes registering for our workshops very easy on the customer side.

Cons

We would like to be able to add multiple photos to a listing. Because the software is geared towards classes and camps for children some of our clients are confused at first because we primarily have adult classes.

SS

Seth S.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Streamlining At It's Best!

Pros

Sawyer is a wonderful software that our organization utilizes. Offering a multitude of online and in-person classes ranging from Dance and Roblox to Spanish and Art your child will not be disappointed. The prices are competitive and if you run your own class, the software helps to streamline efficiency. Contacting students, parents, or their tech support takes a click of a button and makes the job that much easier. Perhaps, the most overlooked aspect of Sawyer is their Blog posts, which really provide detailed information on a multitude of topics. Don't miss out on this software!

Cons

Honestly, the only challenge is that some of the classes that seem to be the most intriguing are a little high in cost for low-income families, which is the population I service.

MG

Margaret G.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Great business

Very good! Never had to wait for a answer for long periods of time. They normally have an answer with in a day

Pros

Way easy to use for getting business . Helps promote my business too!

Cons

I would like to not have relist classes every session. Just change the dates

VB

VALEEN B.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Great for small businesses

Its been wonderful!

Pros

The ability to have a one-stop company/software that promotes our program and allows easy enrollment for parents.

Cons

Sometimes there are features that you can't tailor to your needs, though this is rare.

CM

Catina M.

Sawyer Review

Overall using Sawyer has been great for my business and my bottom line.

Pros

First of all one pro I'd like to point out is the price. The fact that the user fee is billed to the client. That is a definite plus. The software is pretty easy to use after some training.

Cons

What I don't like about the software is that anytime I need to make some changes on the website I have to contact the company.

EH

Ewa H.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Sawyer is good with room to grow

Pros

Sawyer is visually appealing to work with and fairly user friendly. It's one of the only scheduling softwares that is specifically designed for scheduling children's activities.

Cons

Some functions and layouts are not intuitive. There are several pricing and customer specific options that cannot be adjusted at this time and the alternative solutions offered by customer support are time consuming.

AM

Annelise M.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

From a daily user

Pros

Sawyer is absolutely essential in running our magic school. Prior to Sawyer, we were stuck with using spreadsheets that were not working. Now we have a place that integrates our schedule, financials, and other information into a neat and report oriented system.

Cons

We would like greater capability and features for scheduling private and adult lessons.

OD

Olivia D.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Amazingly Helpful!

A huge benefit is having all registration in one place. Parent feedback has been awesome because it’s clear for them to use.

Pros

I like that it is highly customizable and easy to use. Customer service has been timely and kind.

Cons

Insight downloading is complicated to figure out. There’s a lot of features so there is a learning curve, not necessarily bad though!

KS

Kellie S.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Perfect for small business!

It's been great working with Sawyer so far. The customer service team has been very responsive to my questions and has helped me with through some confusingly moments, answering all my questions and helping me learn how to use the tools better. I like that they are very open to feedback and are constantly seeking ways to improve the software so it is convenient and intuitive for clients. I also love the clean interface. The design is really nice for both clients and users.

Pros

I like that there is no monthly or minimum fee, which is great for small business owners who might only bring in money now and then. Sawyer takes a very small percentage off of every transaction made, which means I can run my business at my own pace, and even take breaks without worrying about wracking up fees! I also live that clients can create an account which makes it easy for them to return and sign up again and again.

Cons

There are a few features that I would like to be more intuitive and seamless. I wish I could email a person or group of people directly through Sawyer simply by selecting them in the contacts menu. I also wish I could personalize the use of the sibling discount to work even when families don't sign them up for the same class. There are a few other small improvements I'd like to see. Otherwise, is been a great product so far!

JE

Jestina E.

Oh Sawyer!

It has been good, we will use sawyer this school year again. Will most likely go in for another training before school starts as well.

Pros

Customer service is great, they respond well and come to you. Price is decent, good record of income.

Cons

I wish there were more features, for example, if I need all the girl 2nd graders on a list or Pk kids with allergies and it just pop up on a report that would be great.

PK

Peyton K.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Sawyer Tools - Highly Recommended Software for Camps, Afterschool Programs, Youth Sports

Good to do business with them.

Pros

Ease of Use and Set up. A great tool you just need to think it through and adapt it for your particular use case.

Cons

The software is still young and the Sawyer is on a path of continuous innovation with lots of new features coming out monthly . The Sawyer team's roadmap is on track to meet our needs in the future.

AI

Antoaneta Ioana C.

Accounting, self-employed

Sawyer helping humanity by students

Pros

"School is the factory of humanity" said Comenius. So Sawyer is a powerful brick for humanity and progress, evolution because it helps studenta, teachers and educational system.

Cons

Nothing like least about Sawyer because is very organized, useful for all categories.

JK

Jamie K.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

As a company owner, I have found the software to be incredibly helpful with scheduling my classes!

A great looking and organized way for our clients to sign up for classes on our website!

Pros

I really like how the way the software looks on my website and its functionality. Customer service has also been incredible and has taken all of our suggestions and tried to implement as much as possible to make everything easier for us to use and for our customers.

Cons

I wish there were a few more options on how to display classes as semester versus drop in. Also some clients have found it frustrating to sign up for a class- honestly i think this is pure laziness on the customer end and not wanting to have to "sign up" for sawyer tools in order to sign up for our class but if there was a way around not having to do this it would make it much easier for us to have drop ins pay at class. generally they don't want to go through the whole signing up process because it looks more difficult then just inputting payment.

SR

Shelley R.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Helpful System!

The customer service has been very helpful, and professional.

Pros

Sawyer makes it easy to track registrations, payments, and rosters. The ease of use for the parents is a big plus, too.

Cons

Reports do not always pull the information needed in the most efficient way. Some time must be spent organizing the data once it's pulled into a report.

MP

Marea P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Good for kids fitness classes

Good

Pros

That teachers and instructors can all see who’s in the classes

Cons

No auto monthly payments for memberships with sibling discounts

JP

Jessica P.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Sawyer 👍🏽

Pros

It’s nice to take attendance and message parents easily especially in an emergency. I can easily access students info and see my schedule

Cons

I would love for the calendar to be integrated with google, apple or outlook. It would make planning out my day a lot easier because I tend to forget to login into Sawyer

LS

Laura S.

Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees

Vibe loves Sawyer

Sawyer has been amazing to work with. I’m looking forward to work on implementing their party platform.

Pros

I love that it’s simple and intuitive to use. It has been essential to the growth we have experienced this year- without it I would have been in spreadsheet hell.

Cons

Some updates on the customer side would be good to have- them being able to update email addresses or be able to merge users- say a Dad registered for a class and then the mom did it another time- it would be great to have an account merge capability.

DH

Danielle H.

Sawyer for After School Program

Sawyer has helped keep my work organized. Without Sawyer I would have been doing everything manually and lots of mistakes are made when I do that! The customer service has been outstanding.

Pros

I LOVE how easy it is to navigate. There's nothing super complicated about using it. It is very straight forward and intuitive.

Cons

Nothing I dislike per say. I just wish I could personalize it a little more. Add my own events on to the calendar for parents to see. I wish I could have a roster for the classes that is easy to print out and looks nice.

PM

Popi M.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Helps me focus on what I do best: Deliver Quality!

Sawyer has been phenomenal from day 1 when the team contacted me - super professional, responsive and extremely helpful. Great team - great product. Makes my life as a small business owner soooooo much easier!

Pros

Easy to set up Reusable plug & play widgets Access to listings and financials Registration and payment is taken care of

Cons

The product is constantly improving - I would like to see it be more intuitive (it already is great, just needs more ease for self-serve purposes). Overall, really enjoy having this product

GC

Gina C.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Sawyer made my life easier!

We love Sawyer, I’m so grateful we found you and look forward to growing together!

Pros

-Amazing customer service. You ALWAYS talk to a real (amazing) person, they know your name and know what they are doing. -Easy to use. Our parents love it as much as we do! Sawyer takes care of rosters and reports while I spend time working on the business, not in the business. -They are constantly getting better! I think is terrific that they actually use their costumer’s feedback to improve their Software, they’re genius!

Cons

-They have a few features to tweak to make it work for us. I think it’s designed for 1 person to manage all. As we grow, as a business owner I don’t want to do everything myself but I also don’t want to give all my employees access to all the financial info. I think Sawyer should develop Account Privileges a little more.

KC

Kristen C.

Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees

Sawyer Tools is a great business tool

I absolutely love this platform and it has made my life so much easier.

Pros

It is specifically tailored to the child care industry that I am in.

Cons

When you cancel orders, names of children still show up on the roster.

SC

Shauna C.

Good product

Pros

This Sawyer product is efficient and user-friendly.

Cons

There are no cons to report at this time.

KW

Katie W.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

An essential tool for running our programming.

Pros

There are features that serve everyone in our business from the administration and management, the front desk, teachers, and parents! It keeps all our registration info for kids and grownups in one place, so we can easily transfer customers to different dates or types of classes. It's essential to running our business!

Cons

There could be more customization— example: for our programs it would be useful to have the ability to split all registered students for a class or event into smaller groups within the software— but new features are added frequently and the team does ask for feedback and respond to our real world experience with the product! Occasionally we do hear from parents who are having a hard time navigating the registration interface.

KF

Korri F.

Best scheduling software!

I haven’t had any bad experiences with Sawyer! Their customer service is awesome and they keep updating their software to make it more useful and efficient.

Pros

I love being able to use this software with my clients! It has worked out really well, since I’m now able to send them direct links and they can create their own schedule and book exactly what they need to book.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to the software, but after using it for a short time I was used to it fairly quickly!