SchoolCues

All-in-one school management system for small schools

SchoolCues Reviews

RS

Rupali S.

The software is very easy to use and navigate and provides a very comprehensive platform for our school. The tutorials are super easy to navigate and provides continuous support.

KG

Kate G.

I love how easily I can access students' information and the different kind of useful reports/lists I can pull in barely 3 clicks. Also their customer service is great.

RR

Raquel R.

Cons

The software has glitches that confuses and frustrates our families.

KG

Kate G.

MS

Melodie S.

The bad thing is that you need to think like a software engineer to make sense of it. In many places, lists do not sort correctly.

PR

Pablo R.

4.8

Just what we were looking for.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his development team were instrumental in our on boarding of this software. They walked us through every step and followed up to make sure we were pleased with the service.

Pros

This software is incredibly easy to customize and is extremely user friendly. The staff at SchoolCues is professional and available to assist in any way needed.

Cons

I have to send text messages from my computer instead of phone because sometimes the word sequencing gets jumbled from the phone.

Hi Amy, we appreciate your kind words! Also, thank you for bringing the texting part to our attention, we will see what we can do about that.

Great software for small Montessori schools!

Our experience has been so positive with SchoolCues! Everyone is very helpful and kind, and support issues are generally resolved in a timely manner. We appreciate that SchoolCues helps us maintain connectivity between our classrooms and our families.

Pros

We love that this product offers everything we need and nothing we don't. We appreciate that we can add functionality as our school grows. The software was relatively easy to implement and has been easy to learn and navigate.

Cons

Sometimes class updates are difficult to save or format. Our teachers who are less comfortable with technology struggle a bit, but do so with all technology applications. We wish there was more functionality through the Admin/Teacher app.

Thank you for your very kind feedback Julie! We will take your feedback into consideration :)

Best value for small schools

SchoolCues has been a big part of our SOLUTION for our school. We could not afford using one of the big SIS in the market because those are too expensive, too difficult to manage, too cumbersome to deploy. SchoolCues is just fine for our small, growing school. It allowed us to go to market really fast and requires minimal management from our side. Did I mentioned also that the training and support they offer is amazing!! We feel that we have a real partner with SchoolCues team and ours.

Pros

These are the pros of SchoolCues: 1) Extremely easy to deploy. Adding users and families is simple if you follow the instructions provided. 2) Easy to manage payments. Again, using the instructions provided is essential to be successful. 3) Great training available. Take advantage of the training online and live training sessions. You get trained by people that really know the software. 4) Super-responsive customer support. If you see a problem, report it, and the team will usually fix the problem really fast. 5) The system is very comprehensive to do almost everything you need to get done. Even though the system is purposefully built not to be very "customizable", it pretty much does everything you need or can imagine. 6) Best value for the money!!

Cons

These are the cons of SchoolCues: 1) User interface is developed by the software engineering team. The good thing about this is that once you understand how the software is designed, then it makes sense. The bad thing is that you need to think like a software engineer to make sense of it. 2) In many places, lists do not sort correctly. These are a few of the annoying minor bugs that the team is correcting....

Thank you for your review Pablo. Please communicate with us if you have any further suggestions, and we will see what we can do about it, as long as it is in our control. We are glad you like our system overall.

Highly recommend!

The initial contact with the sales team was very relaxing. It was not a pushy sales experience. The team was very informative and understanding. The setup is amazingly simple. We switched the whole school community over to School Cues right before reopening after covid-19 and did not deal with a single technical issue. Day to day is easier as an administrator and we are able to communicate with ease with our parent community. If I have any questions, there are many ways to get help and the team is very supportive and generous with their time. The parents have been raving about the app as well and love the screening, the updates and the texting options.

Pros

Screening app is easy and makes for a relaxing morning during a pandemic! Love the calendar and reminders go out to parents automatically. Daily updates that are easy to fill out and informative. Texting option to the community makes communication a breeze.

Cons

Some of the features can currently be used on the computer only and are not in the app. However everything you NEED is available in the app and the team is rolling out changes regularly and responds to the community's needs.

Thank you for your review Maleeha. We are working towards having all of our desktop features be available on mobile too, thank you for being patient with us :)

Excellent Value for Money!

In over a year, this software has made incredible strides. At the rate it has changed, it will be one of the best in the business for the cost of one of the least!

Pros

It is easy to use and customer service is incredible!

Cons

Still some bugs to work out; however, the team was very responsive to issues.

Hi Heather, thank you so much for your kind review. We really appreciate your feedback!

SchoolCues Review

My overall experience has been exceptional. They care about our experiences, are always ready to help when needed and there are no questions, ideas or suggestions off limits. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the best!

Pros

I like that it's simple to use and easy to manage any changes. There have been wonderful upgrades lately that are very timely like the urgent messaging and text alert feature that can accompany the email notices if needed.

Cons

I think the least thing is that I cannot call customer service and I have to wait for a response via email. However, they answer usually on the same day (depending on the time difference) but sometimes I need an immediate answer.

Thank you for your feedback Darlene! We will take your suggestion into consideration.

Highly recommended for your school

I have been very happy with my experience, the professionals I have come into contact for tech support (and the problem was operator error), and new modules coming on line due to need. I have recommended this to programs I know.

Pros

SchoolCues has forms that allow you to customize as well as import your own so it fits your needs regardless of what they are. The program responded to the COVID need when they saw it and the tech support is always there if I need it.

Cons

Coming from a system I have used for many years it took me some time to learn the payment section but all others were easy and it mostly likely was operator, not program issues.

Hi Candace, we really appreciate your review and are glad that you like our system. :)

Very helpful School Management Platform

We love SchoolCues and recommend them highly. If you are debating whether to use the platform or not, just give them a call. The support team is very responsive. The customer service is outstanding and the product is affordable for small schools.

Pros

SchoolCues offers an easy to implement and use platform that helps us track our users for COVID, manage admissions and payments, communicate with ease with parents, schedule conferences and meetings, share and view reports, all with a click of a button!

Cons

Overall, SchoolCues offers a comprehensive platform. The team is always creating new features and sometimes it may take time to launch a feature that is in the works.

Hi Rupali, We are glad to hear the you really like our platform. If you ever have any suggestions for additional features or other feedback, feel free to reach out to us anytime!

School Cues -A+

So far really great! They are very quick to help answer problems and take our feedback to heart. Very user friendly.

Pros

I love that this software has thought of all the things we needed. Daily Covid screening, attendance, incident/accident forms, parent and student information. It’s so handy to have it all in one place!

Cons

We did find a few features were missing such as being able to see the entire class at once for screening but they took our feedback and actually implemented it into their software.

Hi Holly, we are glad you like our system. Feel free to provide us with any other feedback or suggestions anytime.

I LOVE Schoolcues!

Our school opened our doors three weeks before school started. For those in school administration, you know that is a nightmare! SchoolCues was easy to learn and implement. We had it up and running, accepting new students within just a few days. I am not an admin person. I find myself easily overwhelmed when learning new systems and processes like this. I was able to jump in, get it set up and fully functioning without a hitch! Their staff was super helpful and stayed with me until we were set up and accepting students. I like that the system just makes sense. It is very intuitive and I can find my way from step 1 to step 2 without second guessing if I am going in the right direction.

Pros

As a very small Academy, we needed something intuitive and simple. This is our first year to open and we do not have an admin staff, so we needed something easy to learn and implement for the staff that would be using it. We found just what we needed in SchoolCues! SchoolCues is intuitive and just makes sense. It does everything we need and then some. It is a full admissions package from inquiry...

Cons

At this time, there is no LMS option within the system. I asked about this feature and they said they are planning to add this feature but it is not an option at this time. At this time, the admissions and payment are not connected, so we have to manually input charges.

Hi Melodie, thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We appreciate you taking the time out to give us your helpful feedback, and we will definitely take your suggestions into consideration :)

An all in one product, who listen the custumer...

We have had an overall wonderful experience with School Cues. We cannot wait to see what they have for the future. They are always helping parents, teachers and administrator communicate better.

Pros

When we went looking for a School management product, School Cues was one of the only products on the market that cover everything. Instead of using five different apps, we could get it down to one, which the parent very much like. They were also one of the only online registration software that allowed the School Administration to lock the student’s personal information. Gartering that family’s personal...

Cons

Our disappointment with School Cues is the ability to use photos. They are developing all-new photo galleries, using photos in newsletters, and getting them to families is culms. Also, teachers wish they could do more on the app vs. the website.

Thank you for your kind feedback Holly. We will take your suggestions into consideration. We are glad you like our platform overall!

Communication with Parents is Vital

I have been using School Cues for YEARS. I am constantly impressed by their efforts to update and add to their platform. The Covid-19 pre-screen that they added prior to the start of school in September 2020 was a true game changer. Our program had been asking questions at the car and taking children's temperatures at drop off. Now the parents answer the questions prior to arrival and we simply...

Pros

School Cues decreased the demand of my Administrative time by at least 30%. It set a standard for parent communication and offered our parents a resource of information on their phone and at their fingertips. I also love the professionalism that it presents to our users.

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints or concerns with this software. Any blip we have experienced was dealt with immediately by the staff of School Cues on the same day.

Thank you so much Martha for your kind words. We are glad our system has helped your school :)

School Cues administration

I have had a wonderful experience with School Cues and their staff. They are extremely helpful, very quick to get back to you, and bend over backwards to be available for us. I cannot recommend them enough.

Pros

School Cues allows a multi-function platform for ease of handling student information. With the addition of modules, you are able to control attendance, incident reports and more. Whenever I have had a problem, they are extremely prompt in their support, and when I had a special request on the set-up of one of the reports, they were able to change the format for those needs.

Cons

I find that I am not familiar with all the options available, but that has to do with my availability for getting online for instruction. I am the administrator, but we are a small school, so I handle everything myself, leaving very little time to update myself on the modules

Hi Dale, we appreciate your positive feedback. We understand that you, as an administrator, are very busy, so we also give you the option to send in a support ticket (which always gets answered within 24 hrs.), and you can always refer to our training videos as well as help guides throughout our modules. We hope this is helpful!

SchoolCues as an All-inclusive Platform

Our experience with SchoolCues has been nothing but positive overall. The communication and support from the company is outstanding. The product is constantly evolving to solve for customer needs.

Pros

We have been using SchoolCues for several years as the communication platform between our families and our school. It is easy to use and easy to implement. Their program is flexible so you can use as many or as few of the modules to fit your needs. The company is continually making enhancements to support the various schools that use the software.

Cons

We have very few issues with SchoolCues. They are very receptive to our suggestions and often implement them in future software releases.

We are glad that you like our platform, Heather. Feel free to contact us with any other suggestions you have in the future :)

Island Montessori SchoolCues

SchoolCues has an amazing support team that can answer all questions or concerns. They are quick to respond and offer great trainings for admin and staff. The program itself is easy to set up and navigate. They are always making improvements to the system and communicate those changes frequently.

Pros

We love the text feature and that it automatically sends an email along with the text. Living in a town known for hurricanes, it makes communication with our families quick and easy during emergencies. They are constantly updating the program which is great. If there is an issue, they are quick to respond and very helpful with resolving issues.

Cons

Our biggest issue doesn't necessarily fault the program itself, but we do have issues with parents not receiving emails sent through SchoolCues. It sometimes comes through as Spam since it is an automated process. It's more of an issue on the receiving email side, it just makes it hard to tell if parents are receiving our communications or not.

Hi Brittany, thank you for your feedback! We are glad you like our texting feature. Also, we will see if there is something we can do about the email situation, if it is in our control.

Great Product!

Pros

SchoolCues is very user friendly and the staff is always supportive and helpful when we have a question. They have helped our school run more smoothly and efficiently. I appreciate that we save time and paper!

Cons

Even though the response is good, it would be nice if we could directly call support.

We appreciate your feedback Phyllis, and we will take your suggestion into consideration.

Completely satisfied

My experience had been wonderful. There is training for every module and the support is great. I'm very happy with our decision to go with SchoolCues.

Pros

Applications and necessary parental forms can be completed online making it easier for parents. We don't have to chase down paperwork anymore. Also, administration and teachers both have access to student files and parent messages which they can review away anytime. The SchoolCues team is very good at taking suggestions of reports or modules that would help improve their software and make our lives easier.

Cons

I can't think if any cons. The more we work with it the more we find out we can do.

Thank you for choosing SchoolCues as your school management system, Denise! We appreciate your review.

Feedback

Very positive. The team is helpful and responsive.

Pros

This software meets the needs of our school for communication on so many levels. Basic parent communication to scheduling Parent Teacher Conferences and other community gatherings.

Cons

I have worked with schoolCues for over 15 years and constantly provide feedback regarding additional needs and they are always responsive.

Hi Sherri, thank you for your kind feedback :)

Excellent App!

The health screenign aspect has made our lives much more efficient at school for both of our staff and students.

Pros

The easiness of using the app. Very user friendly instructions and excellent customer service and training.

Cons

If the QR codes could be printed out so we can scan prior to school starting would be beneficial and time saving.

Thank you for your kind words, Zayra. The QR code suggestion should not be hard to implement, so we will definitely look into it :)

Schoolcues is very user friendly, and is a great way to communicate with our school community.

The benefits are everything we need is on SchoolCues. We use all the features - admissions, communications, calendars and much more.

Pros

The communication aspect and also the student modules where parents can enter all the perinent information for their child.

Cons

As of now, we really don't have any concerns.

Thank you for your kind feedback Kathleen. By the way, we are revamping our communications module to make it even more convenient for schools and families!

RMS Review

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very helpful. Whenever I have questions he goes out of his way to help!

Pros

Communication with staff and parents is very easy. I also like how all of the students information is in one place.

Cons

Report settings. It can be cumbersome to run reports and can't always run the ones I need.

We are glad to hear that your school communications has been simplified with our system. We will take your reporting feedback into consideration.

The software schools can't live without!

We have been using SchoolCues for the past 6 years and it has been the best decision we have ever made. I couldn't do my job without it. It keeps our community informed and organized. The customer service is outstanding! It is everything you need in one place!

Pros

The platform is clean, easy to use. All the modules are relevant and continue to grow within today's market. The customer service is top-notch.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software.

Hi Erin, we appreciate your feedback. :)

Schoolcues Review

Overall, I would say that our experience with SchoolCues has been positive. Their product is great and is super easy to use. They quickly provide us with new and useful applications to assist our business in connecting with our community.

Pros

Cons

The software has glitches that confuses and frustrates our families.

We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience overall with our software, Kate. We will take your feedback into consideration.

Great Product for Small Schools

Pros

SchoolCues is a great product for small schools and organizations. It offers all of the essential tools that a school might need with none of the flash or fancy that move expensive companies have.

Cons

It is clear that SchoolCues is a smaller company that is working to keep costs down. It does appear that way, but as far as functionality it has everything we need.

Thank you Miguel. Please feel free to communicate with us on what features and improvements you would like to see. We have implemented so many suggested features in the past from our customers.

SchoolCues Amazing System

Extremely friendly and functional.

Pros

SchoolCues is an essential system for our school. The tools are straightforward which makes it functional for staff and our families. SchoolCues has made my job even more streamlined with easy to use modules.

Cons

Honestly I love all its functionalities and if I need something added or changed SchoolCues is always up to the challenge.

Hi Chiara, we are very happy to hear that you like the functionality of our platform, and we hope to further exceed your expectations with our upcoming features.