ShareKnowledge Reviews

4.6/5 (30 reviews)

McKenzie St. Claire

Overall Great System with Opportunities for Improvement

Reviewed 2017-02-17

I have enjoyed working with the ShareKnowledge system so far. I've been working with it for a little over six months in a launched capacity at our organization and about a year overall with the system. It seems like there are some limitations to the system in terms of what it can capably handle right now, but I am reassured that as I (and others) make suggestions the team gets to work on seeing how they can provide the feature I am looking for in a future released version(s) of the system. There are definitely opportunities for improvement when it comes to features and functionality as well as ease of use, but as with anything these things come with time and I am reassured they will get better as customers provide feedback on what works best for them. Some things that seem like they should be easy to navigate take quite a few clicks of the mouse to finish, but with time I am confident the system will find a way to make this process a little bit more efficient. Some of the reports are hard to navigate if you're looking for very specific information, but overall you can almost always manipulate the report to receive what you're looking for. It will be exciting to see how the system continues to develop the features it offers as the time goes by. As a user it has been fairly easy to navigate through the system and understand how it all works together with a small amount of a learning curve. The customer support after you've finished launching the system is great, but before that I had a hard time getting in-touch with my project manager. My project manager during the implementation and launch phase would sometimes take 2-3 days to answer a question I had and our official launch of the system to our organization was delayed because of errors on their end not ours, which was frustrating. On the other hand, I have really enjoyed working with my Customer Service Representative. He truly does whatever he can to help solve a problem I am experiencing. Overall, I would recommend this system to other organizations, but I also would recommend really doing research to find what system is going to work best for your end goal as an organization. Ask yourself, what are you trying to achieve using your Learning Management System? ShareKnowledge is great for delivering E-Learning and staying up to date on compliance related training. If you wish to create SCORM compliant material, you will be required to purchase a third party software.

Pros
Delivery of E-Learning Material Reminder features for attending training and signing up for training are great Setting up rules to stay compliant on training

Cons
There is a lot of mouse clicking that needs to be done to complete a task Pulling reports can be tricky It would be really nice if a trainer could login to the system and see all of the training their trainees need to complete and go through completing it using the trainers portal instead of having to sign each employee in individually when you want to complete training with them It is a long process to assign new employees to all of the organizational units they might be apart of... it would be really nice if you could do more than one at a time

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thank you for honest feedback. We are always listening to our customers and improving our product to fit their needs and expectations.

Travis Pyle

ShareKnowledge for SharePoint Review

Reviewed 2018-11-30

In the short time with ShareKnowledge, the customer support stands out. Our rep is very easy to speak with, understandable in translation from his experience to a novice, and is patient. Their positive behavior is helping our company find the solutions to it's needs.

Pros
The customer support with ShareKnowledge is phenomenal. Our rep came to our location for three days, but shared his expertise that will last for months to come. His professionalism was superb and did not detract from any part of the presentation. He filled a significant cognitive gap training members were previously struggling with. He answered almost every question each student threw his way. If there was a question he couldn't answer, it was something not in his span of control.

Cons
The naming convention and navigating through the different features is not very easy for a newer user to grasp on to. The functions of the software are predominantly there; however, it is a strong effort to navigate between the different tabs/settings.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thank you for the excellent review.
We understand that the rich features in ShareKnowledge take more time for a training team to master. This is why we are so hands on with our training and support.

Although some clients can simply turn off the advanced features to simply their deployment, we find companies in high compliance environments benefit from these features.
These include hierarchical permission management, version control, SOP/work instruction automation, automated/recurring training and on-the-job checklists. These have been developed in collaboration with our customers in Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Energy and Manufacturing.
It will take time for the training team to be fully comfortable using these new options, but our customers report saving hours in training administration time each week through automation, enhanced intelligence and reporting.
We would love to continue to gather your feedback and suggestions. Your dedicated support rep will be in touch soon

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Matt Makrucki

Easy implementation, great support, few technical issues, reporting could use enhancements

Reviewed 2018-07-30

Pros
Ease of use Scalability to the entire organization Very strong technical team supporting the software

Cons
Reporting could use enhancements It was difficult for management to view their data, just because some of the terminology was confusing. Dashboarding would be a great enhancement

Response from ShareKnowledge

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the great feedback. We now have easy Manager Reporting by email.

We agree an LMS needs an easy way to keep Managers up to date on critical training details.
ShareKnowledge Dashboards with Manager distributions directly solves this issue and does a whole lot more.
Now Users, Managers and Executives can get customized reporting right to their email inbox on the desired schedule.
These powerful new reports are flexible and easy to use and automate for everyone.

Your representative will reach out to schedule a quick overview call at your convenience.

Tracy Henchbarger

Chief Learning Strategist

Reviewed 2017-02-17

Best software support experience than any other product -- LMS and other. Functionality easy for learners. Administrative functionality is answers all needs.

Pros
SharePoint-based which helps learners quickly adapt to the user interface and makes administration a snap. Piggybacks onto Active Directory so learner login was implementation was easy.

Cons
Support team was able to be responsive to all special needs, so really no cons. Just personal taste, the ShareKnowledge GUI is designed for mobile platforms, as well, so some of the GUI elements are larger than I would like - but I'm betting I'm in the minority on that preference.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thank you for the great review!

Thomas Standifur

Straight forward installation and use.

Reviewed 2018-03-01

Pros
Dead simple integration with Office suite. Intuitive. Affordable. Great LMS that is Corp-centric (not academia). End user and administrative interfaces are very user-friendly.

Cons
Ability to "extend" or add additional content libraries would be a great addition. Notifications work well, but would be nice to have Instructor's ability to send messages ad-hoc and have the ability to create and use concurrently, multiple Day,Week, Month templates.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Hi Thomas, great feedback. A new Email Participants feature was added to certain admin and trainer screens to make it easier to communicate with groups of users. You can use this feature along with normal automated emails. We can connect to walk you through these new email features that are now available. We can also work with you to set up specific customized email distribution lists or an Announcement web-part to make group communication easier for you. These are standard features that can be enabled anytime. Keth

Melvanice Evans

My experience was great!

Reviewed 2018-02-08

It has an easy-to-use interface; the learner can access all the information he or she needs on the home page. Using SharePoint as an LMS, I could upload content directly in SharePoint.

Pros
ShareKnowledge provided my company with a flexible, customizable, and fully integrated learning management system. When I ran into a problem that I could not figure out, my support representative person was always there to take the time to setup a zoom or just guide me through the process. I couldn't have asked for a better support person.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

Eric Miller

Lack Basic LMS Functionality

Reviewed 2018-08-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Shareknowledge's LMS lacks many of the standard features and functionalities you get from a more established company. The software appears to be built by someone whose knowledge of SharePoint exceeded their knowledge of learning management systems. Any issue we have had with the software required a custom update to resolve our issues. Many of the issues were to "fix" basic functionality that is included in other vendor's LMS.

Pros
Shareknowledge is easy integration with an existing SharePoint system. The upload and install implementation was easy, due to the great customer service.

Cons
Unfortunately, that is about where the benefits stop. Shareknowledge as a learning management system is a poor design. Many processes and workflows that are pretty much standard on other company's learning management systems, are muddled with complexity. Something as simple as creating an instructor-led training course is a complex, multistep process. Shareknowledge also has issue with simple tasks like adjusting due dates for an employee. You literally have to create a new personal assignment for an employee just to adjust their due date. Again, not something you have to do in other LMS systems.

Response from Amber

We’re very sorry for any frustration you’ve had with our system. We are very proud of the depth of features and functionality our product provides as documented by the numerous positive reviews of ShareKnowledge. However, we know that on rare occasions things do not always go as planned and we are committed to providing the best customer service to resolve any issues you may have. One of our team members will reach out as soon as possible to assist you with unlimited free training and support.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Jason Croft

Excellent responsiveness and customers service.

Reviewed 2018-02-06

Pros
Flexibility. The system allows us to develop a customized training program that can meet our needs.

Cons
Inability to "clone" compound courses. Having this feature would save us hours of time in re-creating longer courses that need to be developed each year.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thank you for your comments. We have great news for you. In 2017 we provided an enhanced "clone course" feature which does exactly what you need and more. We can show you how to use this new feature in the coming days.

Charlene Moeller

'The support staff is very responsive and always follows thru.

Reviewed 2018-02-14

Pros
Ease of use for the User and the layout.

Cons
That it doesn't have an interface with Microsoft Office for calendar invitations and we have to manually reconcile our invites with the registrations.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thank you so much for your feedback. We have great news for you. There are three options for working with outlook calendars including iCal calendar invites sent to the learner and training calendar synch to the learners Outlook. We can help you set this up in the coming days.

Ranjana Goel

Shareknowledge/Micah

Reviewed 2019-06-05

Shareknowledge support team is great and highly knowledgeable. They go out of their way to be helpful.

Pros
This is user friendly product and works very well with SharePoint. Easy administration work using UI.

Cons
The log troubleshooting is little tricky as per administrator point of view.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thanks Ranjana for your positive review. We're glad you're enjoying our product and appreciate your helpful feedback.

Heather McGarrigle

Very user-friendly. Support is timely with responses.

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Pros
Ease of use when importing content of all varieties. Both end user and administrative interfaces are very user-friendly.

Cons
No "copy" or "save as" feature for courses. Seems like a lot of steps to schedule an in-class training. Would like the ability to have reports automatically scheduled and then emailed to certain users.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Hi Heather, Thank you for taking the time to provide us such wonderful feedback.

We have great news for you. We've release an enhanced "Clone Course" or "copy course" feature. This feature copies the content plus all the course settings, enrollment rules and options and allows you to reassign automatically with the same or new due dates. We can show you how to use this feature in the coming days.

Kathy Haught

Straightforward LMS

Reviewed 2019-07-01

We use ShareKnowledge to assign compliance training, but are working on making it the overall training platform for our organization, for ILT, external and other development courses.

Pros
The ability to assign "Observers" to manage certain groups of uses as if they are admins, without opening up the whole site to them.

Cons
The time doesn't appear in the users time-zone, but just in "Central" time. This may be a setting I can change, globally, but not sure how.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thank you for the kind review!

Krishna Posani

Micah and Shannon are very supportive.

Reviewed 2018-02-14

Pros
This is helpful for our business in making the trainings easy and the software make our lives easier to maintain and upgrade.

Response from ShareKnowledge

We're glad you're enjoying our solution. Thank you for the great comments.

Carey Holden

Overall i think it is a good system for the price.

Reviewed 2018-02-13

Pros
I like the ease of use. I think the gradebook and control user activity feature makes my world a lot easier.

Cons
The fact that it sits on SharePoint can make it difficult for certain users. Browser issues, etc. I do not like the enrollment rule functionality. If i change an existing ER it causes issues with due dates.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Hi Carey, Great feedback!

Tanya Washington - United States Air Force Veteran

I received the support needed to develop a valuable LMS.

Reviewed 2018-02-14

Pros
This LMS is intuitive. It offers practical tools for administrators to be creative, offering learning tools for all types of learners.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thanks for the great feedback!

Marcy Jones

Very user friendly, easy to pick up and use as a new user. I create, assign and take training's.

Reviewed 2018-02-23

Pros
I like how user friendly it is along with the convenience of having all our training's in one location. I am able to keep track of all employee's learning in one place and pull reports as needed. I like that by putting the training's on the LMS all information is the same no matter how often the course is taken and results are posted instantly. It is easy to upload outside training's onto your training history to make sure credit is given. Easy for managers to pull history of an employee to know when they are coming due for training's. I like that training's can be specific to a certain group, individual or open to all.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thanks Marcy for the wonderful comments.

Zura Goodpaster

Easy to use LMS with great content management features.

Reviewed 2017-03-08

I use shareknowledge lms to manage training as well as distribute content and materials to users automatically. We manage continuing education as well as general training and compliance.

Pros
Very easy, but also better features than most systems. I love the content management and version control workflows. It's also integrated with our sharepoint and microsoft office.

Cons
I would love a big discount when we renew our contract.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thank you for the positive feedback!

Matthew Smith

ShareKnowledge is a great product

Reviewed 2019-06-04

Very good support!

Pros
ShareKnowledge is a solid LMS that will leverage an organization's investment in SharePoint

Cons
Upgrade process is time consuming. Notifications could be more granular.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thanks Matthew for the positive review! We appreciate all feedback so we can continue to provide a great learning solution.

Laurie Harvey

Enterprise Class LMS that seamlessly plugs in to your SharePoint environment

Reviewed 2016-04-14

If Microsoft SharePoint is in use, if you want to leverage this environment and drive SharePoint adoption ShareKnowledge LMS is an effective and affordable solution. The learner interface is easy to navigate and intuitive, typically no instruction is needed for end users. Install and configuration is straight forward and efficient, very little time is required from IT, the bulk of the set-up can be accomplished by the training team. ShareKnowledge personnel assist during configuration to automate the LMS procedures, recurring training, new hires, compliance etc. Note: this is great software for professional development, organizational training workflows and classified staff but maybe not the best fit for an academic solution. Support staff are knowledgeable, helpful, located in Seattle and native English speakers.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thank you, Laurie, for the great review!

Matthew Smith

Great LMS for Companies Already Leveraged in SharePoint

Reviewed 2015-05-22

If you are already using SharePoint as a corporate intranet portal, it makes sense to consider an LMS with strong integration points to SharePoint. 1. ShareKnowledge can be implemented quickly into an existing or new SharePoint farm. You won't have to tax your IT resources with another application requiring separate servers and storage. 2. WebEx and Lync integration capability for offering webinar and other live training events. 3. SCORM-compliant 4. Familiar SharePoint-UI On the cons side, Shareknowledge upgrades are resource and time intensive. While the backend is flexible in supporting integration with various personnel systems, this means that none are really plug and play. Be prepared to involve IT and a DBA to support import of your HR and identity information whether it resides in ADP, Active Directory or another system.

Jodie Alexander

Reliable, flexible LMS with good support

Reviewed 2017-03-17

Shareknowledge were great at customising the LMS features for us and working with us on new features to best suit our needs. It might not be the flashiest LMS out there but it was very capable and if something doesn't work the way we'd like it to they have been very accomodating with our requests. It is relatively easy to administrate, capable of publishing eLearnings, reporting, blended learning and the user interface is fantastic. It could have slightly more advanced Outlook Calendar integration but on the whole it has been a great product with plenty of support round-the-clock.

Response from ShareKnowledge

We sincerely thank you for your honest input.

Anonymous

I'm still learning but this is a powerful tool!

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-03-16

Pros
It provides different options for learning and evaluating. This is nice when you have an organization with varying learning needs.

Cons
Learning to use the software is a bit time-consuming because of the complexity. This is not a drawback, though, because once you learn it, it's easy.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We do spend more time with our Clients upfront to help them automate their On-Boarding process, Training Assignment , Notifications and Recurring Training. We also spend a lot of time working with our client LMS Administrators and Training Teams to make sure they understand the various options available to them.
Please keep in mind support is included! Call us anytime you have a question and we can give you best practices to save you time and energy.

Barbara Tolomei

Cohesive, user friendly, strategic and smart.

Reviewed 2016-01-19

It was really important to us that ShareKnowledge fit into not only our business strategy but our IT strategy as well. We were extremely happy that we could utilize our existing SharePoint technology and processes which ultimately saved us copious amounts of time and money. Not only that, but ShareKnowledge seamlessly integrated into our other business systems as well, providing a cohesive solution. From implementation to tech support, ShareKnowledge has exceeded our expectations and we would highly recommend this learning management solution.

Andi Tatem

Customer service is amazing! Micah is known as a Problem Wrangler and addresses all challenges well!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-02-19

Ease of use and efficient reporting capability.

Pros
Customer support is outstanding, and the developers really listen and incorporate suggestions into updates/upgrades.

Response from ShareKnowledge

Thanks for the great feedback!

Waha Jaser

I have evaluated this software for several projects and worked directly with Shareknowledge in POC

Reviewed 2015-10-08

I have built a POC with Share knowledge LMS Solution tailored for large scale implementations and found the product very flexible in terms of understanding the customer's business logic in learning and reflecting it in the LMS automation. I have also found integration with several external systems achievable, and the Multilanguage versions are a huge plus.