Sibme Reviews - Page 3

Great Product

I enjoyed my experience with Sibme and I would recommend it to all my teacher colleagues.

Pros

I loved how simple it was to use, even for someone who is not tech inclined like myself.

Cons

The app was easy to use, but it could have been more interactive. Perhaps adding a user setting for instant messages with colleagues, etc.

Great tool to keep connected

Great for the school community to communicate and share important information and documents in a secure environment.

Pros

The platform allows clearly communication across our school system.

Cons

Organizing better tabs in the platform to make for better visual effects.

Sibme Glows and Grows

I have enjoyed getting to do reflection videos and videoing myself in action, editing them, and sharing them within the same place. I like not having to go to multiple places to do all of the things! When my internet is not fussy, it is super easy to use.

Pros

I like that I can record a video and edit it within my own workspace before sending it out. I also like that it makes a copy for me to edit so that I don't lose my original in case I need to default back to it for other reasons.

Cons

My videos struggle to upload from the app when I use my phone. I also have trouble seeing all of the Huddles that I am in. I have to find emails from specific huddles in order to toggle between my huddles.

Sibme is an effective video coaching platform

Pros

Sibme allows for simplified communication between team members. I've used Sibme for recording and sharing videos. I am able to give and receive feedback swiftly and effectively. I would recommend any team or group to use Sibme as a means of coaching, as it has come in handy especially during remote work.

Cons

Sibme's platform can appear cluttered and confusing at first. Navigating the app can be a challenge at times. Otherwise, there aren't any noticeable cons to mention.

Great program

It was fine and easy to use. Easy for employees to keep their own videos.

Pros

The ability to group videos for easier review.

Cons

None I could think of. The program was easy to use once taught.

Impactful

Pros

The software allows for easy sharing and documentation of observations, and powerful self-reflection and specific, clear feedback linked to specific times noted on the video. I can't emphasize how easy it is to use. Its changed my teaching dramatically!

Cons

Nothing! This is a great product with no downside.

Using Sibme for Online Coaching

Overall I think this software is useful for the online coaching it is being used for but the website design could be improved a bit, and also less welcome emails would have been nice. I do really love the video commenting features, it is very useful for feedback.

Pros

This software made it possible for me to get coaching from an student advisor while distance learning for SDSU.

Cons

The structure of the site could be more streamlined and intuitive. It takes quite a lot of clicks to get to the content of my huddle. I also found the "help" emails a bit too aggressive after signing up. I was getting daily (sometimes twice a day) emails reminding me to try out Sibme and it was a little much.

Using Sibme Helps Educators Observe, Reflect and Grow

Pros

I was able to virtually observe classrooms, highlight specific dialogue between students and their teacher, reflect on teachable moments and leverage the power of time-stamps, tags and chat features to help teachers in their instructional practices.

Cons

No, I didn't experience any problems or glitches.

Collaboration and Feedback

Pros

I love using Sibme at my school. I am able to collaborate with colleagues and work together to evaluate each other and provide positive feedback. I love how my principal and other higher ups can come into my room at anytime; record me, provide feedback, and allow me to see how I teach. This is a wonderful way to give insight into my own classroom.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with this. So I would not be able to provide anything in regards to a con.

Love SibMe!

Pros

As an educator, I absolutely love SibMe the most because it gives me the opportunity to annotate specific moments when re-watching my lessons to better improve my practice.

Cons

I can’t think of anything that I don’t like about SibMe! It’s incredibly accessible.

Reality Check

Overall I am please but I need it to function in another capacity so that it becomes more streamlined for teacher use. I would like it to be easier to access and to place videos in the library and share with others.

Pros

Provides a safe environment for teachers and plcs to get a reality check of what their students are doing and how their instructional delivery is impacting student learning.

Cons

It is hard to get videos that capture the room. I have bought Swivl’s but the integration is not the best. I also think it can be confusing on the set-up

Sibme use

Pros

I appreciate being able to watch videos that my colleagues have uploaded. Also the feature to comment at different points in the videos are helpful for precise feedback.

Cons

It is challenging to record a video somewhere else and then have to transfer it to Sibme.

Feedback

Pros

I enjoyed how east it was to use and it was helpful

Cons

Everything was great and I had no problems with sibme

SIBME- "Because first impressions matter"

I appreciate that SIBME let's me self-reflect as well as share teaching opportunities with others.

Pros

SIBME is relatively easy to use. I especially appreciate that it can be accessed both via mobile device or computer. I have several modes with which I can record, review, and notate on my recordings.

Cons

The uploading process was...laborious at times. However, could be more of a network issue than SIBME itself.

Sibme software review

Pros

Nothing in particular. I was forced to use it.

Cons

When I upload a video, it is not automatically shared with others within my circle, and I'm not notified about the fact that it is private either, or given the option to share when uploading. Using this software to privately store videos is completely pointless, because there exists free to use software(Google drive for example) that allows you to do the same thing. Most, if not all, all of the features that Sibme offers are already offered for free with other software. Yet Sibme requires a paid subscription.

UT OnRamps Review of SIBME

Overall very good, except as described above.

Pros

The ability to share with colleagues and receive feedback on our instructional practices

Cons

For some reason, on my school laptop, I am not able to upload my teaching videos. Apparently there is an issue for all of us in this district. It would be helpful if, when we have an issue like this, if we could report it to you, then you could reach out to our district to help find a solution, that would be most helpful. I've tried talking to our IT Support, but to no avail. So what this means for me and my colleagues is that we have to record on our phones with the app so that the videos will upload, instead of just on our laptops. I'm just trying to eliminate as many extra steps as possible, with everything we have going on during this time. Please let me know if there's any other information you need. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Great concept of observing other educators

Watch other educators whwn you dont have time to observe them physically!

Pros

The software is very user friendly. Not complex and simple to view and upload videos.

Cons

Its fairly simple compared to loom, etc. I find nothing wrong with this software.

The Ease of Sibme in Professional Development

Sibme makes Professional Development for teachers very easy and not time consuming. It's also very simple to leave comments for others to view and respond to.

Pros

The best features of Sibme is the ease of uploading videos and upload time. I use it on my desktop, laptop and my phone (App). There is a seamless transition in going from my phone to my laptop.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of as of now.

Easy to Use

Pros

Easy way to collect video artifacts for Professional Development and Training - very intuitive to use

Cons

It’s a simple product, but this makes rollout and adoption easier to teachers

A complication in my life

I have been using it to work in teams but almost all my team agrees that is a hard platform to use, your UX and UI are not well developed.

Pros

Many people can upload their work on the same website and they can group everything.

Cons

The website and the app are hard to use, I'm a software developer and even for me is hard to use it, there are no clear buttons, everything is in text. If you press enter in a discussion you can not add another paragraph because it will immediately post it. All the people are always wondering where are the documents and files, how to upload them, and where. It is a confusing platform.

Does exactly what it needs to do with no frills

Pros

I like that I'm able to quickly see videos submitted across my organization in one easy place.

Cons

It was difficult to learn to use the software. Although I feel comfortable now, it took me a while to get comfortable.

Improve Teacher Leadership and Instructional Practices

My overall experience has been pleasant. The SIBME team provides ongoing support and ensure that users are successful.

Pros

The software is user-friendly. Educators are able to use the tools for self-reflection practices and to improve instructional delivery.

Cons

There is everything to like about SIBME. The tools can be used for instructional coaching and professional development.

Staying connected with Sibme

Pros

I like the discussion board feature as well as the ability to record and upload videos. This is helpful for the training group of which I am a part. We have trainees spread out over the state, so Sibme helps us stay connected.

Cons

It takes a moment to orient yourself with the layout of the program; but otherwise, it is very simple to use.

Great resource

The customer support has been great!

Pros

I love the online collaboration between teachers and instructional coaches

Cons

I somehow ended up with multiple accounts and would like them to sync.

Use for Education Practice

Pros

I enjoy that I can easily use Sibme on a computer and also upload videos from my phone. I’m an educator and use this to evaluate my practice and also share videos with other teammates to learn from each other. The collaboration groups are also very helpful!

Cons

I don’t utilize Sibme as often as I could. I’ve noticed uploading videos from my phone can be challenging and time consuming.